Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850313 times)
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:02:17 PM

michelem - I'm using a gridseed 5-chip gc3355. I would really like to dual or sha256 mine. Can I do that with minera and if so can you give a little direction. I've been working on it for a few days and not able to locate a solution.

thanks.

I answered a question like this a couple of days ago here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1057936.msg11349805#msg11349805

I hadn't time to test what I wrote, but I'll do it in few days and if everything works fine I'll add that cgminer fork to the next Minera release as built-in.

Great! Thanks. I'll test it for you this morning and report back.

EDIT: reporting "No local devices found". Tried:
--gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16

and

--gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16 --hotplug=0

Just tried it works very well without any option, just use "--retries 1" in manual setting and remember to enable "Miner superuser (root)" it needs it.

EDIT: There is "only" a problem with the stats, Minera can't collect API stats from that cgminer fork because it's really obsolete, I have to rewrite a couple of lines of code. I will add this in next release for sure, there are many folks around the net asking for this.

One more things, remember to enable the miner fan if you had removed/disabled it! Mining btc with gridseed needs more power and it will become very hot in few minutes.

Final command is: /var/www/minera/minera-bin/custom/cgminer-dual-gridseed --retries 1 -c /var/www/minera/conf/miner_conf.json
Where the miner_conf has only the pools config. This command doesn't display stats on Minera but it works to mine Bitcoin with Gridseeds. Stay tuned for full working version.

Not sure what I'm missing. Enabled root, and using:
--gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16 --retries 1

Still not detecting the device.

Remove this "--gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16"

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
Jhawkfan101

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:54:26 AM

Ok, I am just lost! I have no idea why 5.0 will not work for my asicminer tubes! The previous versions (4.1) have all worked but not 5.0!

I have them connected via usb to the rpi. But no matter what it still says no devices found.
I have both the superuser option and the detect all options enabled
I have tried CGminer after compiling it with the --enable-blockerupter (which has worked with previous versions) but not working with 5.0
I have NEVER been able to get bfgminer to work on minera. It never finds the devices either
I have tried a fresh install of 5.0 and then compiled it twice. Still no devices found.

Is there something I am not doing? Do I need to do anything so it will read the usb? Do I need to put in certain settings I did not need to before (extra options) or to get bfgminer working.

Any help would be appreciated Im pulling my hair out trying to get this figured out!

Well, you should firstly try to remove the autodetect option (this should enable libusb detection). Then please can you tell me the exact hardware you are using? Can you find and paste a link to it? Because I'm not sure what you are trying to connect and I need more info about the HW before tell you something more.

EDIT: while I don't think it's a cgminer version problem this is the previous binary there was in Minera, you could try with this too (add it as custom miner or overwrite it as default one) https://github.com/michelem09/minera/blob/fa17a35255bdd7ba48569d0507dc0e9e4f788ecd/minera-bin/cgminer?raw=true

I tried disabling the autodetect option and that still didnt work.

I am not sure how to add the old binary for cg miner in to Minera (I wish I knew more about Linux). Can you explain how to do that?

I am running 2 Asicminer Tubes that are chained together and connected to the rpi using a usb/uart adapter (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769570.0). I am using a rpi B (not sure if that matters) They worked with the previous version of Minera but cant be found with 5. I have never been able to get them to work with bfgminer, even though they are supposed to be compatible with it

Any help would be appreciated.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 02:53:34 PM

Ok, I am just lost! I have no idea why 5.0 will not work for my asicminer tubes! The previous versions (4.1) have all worked but not 5.0!

I have them connected via usb to the rpi. But no matter what it still says no devices found.
I have tried CGminer after compiling it with the --enable-blockerupter (which has worked with previous versions) but not working with 5.0
I have NEVER been able to get bfgminer to work on minera. It never finds the devices either
I have tried a fresh install of 5.0 and then compiled it twice. Still no devices found.

Is there something I am not doing? Do I need to do anything so it will read the usb? Do I need to put in certain settings I did not need to before (extra options) or to get bfgminer working.

Any help would be appreciated Im pulling my hair out trying to get this figured out!

Well, you should firstly try to remove the autodetect option (this should enable libusb detection). Then please can you tell me the exact hardware you are using? Can you find and paste a link to it? Because I'm not sure what you are trying to connect and I need more info about the HW before tell you something more.

EDIT: while I don't think it's a cgminer version problem this is the previous binary there was in Minera, you could try with this too (add it as custom miner or overwrite it as default one) https://github.com/michelem09/minera/blob/fa17a35255bdd7ba48569d0507dc0e9e4f788ecd/minera-bin/cgminer?raw=true

I am not sure how to add the old binary for cg miner in to Minera (I wish I knew more about Linux). Can you explain how to do that?

I am running 2 Asicminer Tubes that are chained together and connected to the rpi using a usb/uart adapter (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769570.0). I am using a rpi B (not sure if that matters) They worked with the previous version of Minera but cant be found with 5. I have never been able to get them to work with bfgminer, even though they are supposed to be compatible with it

So, it's sure you need to re-build cgminer in 0.5.0 because --enable-blockerupter option isn't in the default build (it prevents others to be compiled).
Then did you do a "sudo make install" too after the "make" command? Try and reboot the Raspberry after that.

marcusstair

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:03:00 PM

So, it's sure you need to re-build cgminer in 0.5.0 because --enable-blockerupter option isn't in the default build (it prevents others to be compiled).
Then did you do a "sudo make install" too after the "make" command? Try and reboot the Raspberry after that.

Just an update to this sub thread, My gc3355 is mining fine at Bitcoin.cz. The only item worth mentioning is it is not producing the full 11.25 Gh/s. Only 6-8 Gh/s which is the duel rate. So not sure if its a function of how its configured or something else. I'm not duel mining so would expect the full, or close to, 11.25 Gh/s

The only reason I mention it is because you said the next version of Minera may have this support. Hope the feed back is helpful.
Jhawkfan101

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:03:19 PM

Yes I did the sudo make install, and then restarted the rpi. Here is the code that I used, do I need to do something else besides this.

Code:
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer
cd cgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-blockerupter
make
sudo make install
cp cgminer /var/www/minera/minera-bin/
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:06:32 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 11:37:44 PM by toptek

Yes I did the sudo make install, and then restarted the rpi. Here is the code that I used, do I need to do something else besides this.

Code:
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer
cd cgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-blockerupter
make
sudo make install
cp cgminer /var/www/minera/minera-bin/

maybe add this sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O2" or ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-blockerupter

Like this

cd cgminer
./autogen.sh

sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O2" --enable-blockerupter  

or try

sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-blockerupter

not really sure what 02 or 03 do other then  make the Drivers work with most USB hubs.
not sure if there script only commands either sense i only script mine with minera.

my S5 have there own UI etc and controller, I cant find a better miner for bitcoins at there price right now and you can make them run a lot quieter and  use less power then any thing, i see on the market atm .

and use this to make sure CGminer is complied right http://winscp.net/eng/index.php?#utm_source=winscp&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=5.7.3 by logging into your IP for minera and look under this path /var/www/minera/minera-bin make sure CGMiner has this line in the line for octal 0755 by right clicking it then look at Properties . Use this to find the IP address of minera if you don't know it .

I have yet to see one program of this type that is totally free, work so well or better then most paid for programs that do the same thing.

http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

Sorry of i don't  know the command line to check it or add it .I have seen CG miner work but no hard ware til one or both lines are added . make sure there is only one space between each command if it needs a space.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 12:24:23 PM

Hello my raspberry minera stucked at.

Page will automatically reload as soon as the process terminate.

And the circle with loading is spinning for about 4 H.

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:26:27 PM

Hello my raspberry minera stucked at.

Page will automatically reload as soon as the process terminate.

And the circle with loading is spinning for about 4 H.

Could you give slightly more details? Wink There are a lot of people willing to help but troubleshooting with too little details is hard Wink
tutorialevideo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:55:57 PM

hello

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 09:45:07 AM

hello

Well I think you have the repo messed up, try to re-sync it:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
git checkout master
sudo git fetch --all
sudo git reset --hard origin/master

Then refresh the web page

tutorialevideo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 10:35:41 AM

tried but not working

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 10:41:14 AM

tried but not working

Code:
cd /var/www
sudo mv minera minera.ORI
sudo git clone https://github.com/michelem09/minera

If this doesn't work check/clear your browser cache and/or open web inspector and look at console for errors (https://developer.chrome.com/devtools)

tutorialevideo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 11:11:27 AM

tried but not working

Code:
cd /var/www
sudo mv minera minera.ORI
sudo git clone https://github.com/michelem09/minera

If this doesn't work check/clear your browser cache and/or open web inspector and look at console for errors (https://developer.chrome.com/devtools)

Good thanks i had fired it up.. now it works. My prismas are in a warehouse so tomorow i will go to flash again the raspberry minera.

Mc_Mo_7

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:30:10 AM

How can I get cgminer 4.9.0 to run in Minera so i can power my Antminer U3?
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 10:38:51 AM

Version on latest Minera (0.5.0) of cgminer (4.9.1) just supports it. You don't need anything else.

From the CGminer README.ASIC https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README:

ANTMINER U1/2/3 DEVICES

--anu-freq <arg>    Set AntminerU1 frequency in MHz, range 150-500 (default: 200)
--au3-freq <arg>    Set AntminerU3 frequency in MHz, range 100-250 (default: 225.0)
--au3-volt <arg>    Set AntminerU3 voltage in mv, range 725-850, 0 to not set (default: 750)

By default, Antminer U1 devices run at a clockspeed of 200. This command allows
you to specify a chosen frequency to attempt to run all ANU devices at. Cgminer
will try to find the nearest frequency the device supports and will report if
the frequency is not exactly as requested. Note that cgminer reports hashrate
ONLY FROM VALID HASHES so if you increase the frequency but your hashrate does
not increase or it decreases and hardware errors start showing up, you have
overclocked it too much. In the worst case scenario it will fail to start at too
high a speed. Most will run happily up to 250.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 03:19:57 PM

Hey guys, just to let you know Minera 0.5.1 is coming! A lot of bug fixes and cool new features.
Stay tuned!

marcusstair

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:43:27 PM

Fantastic! can't wait to test it.

Great work.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:49:55 AM

Hey guys, just to let you know Minera 0.5.1 is coming! A lot of bug fixes and cool new features.
Stay tuned!

Nice and great to hear.   I will be donating more in a few weeks i just bought two miners to add to my home farm so founds are a little tight atm but do plan to donate more .

TY again for this nice soft ware that seems to keep getting better and better.

cya .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:52:04 AM

BFG should be out soon with U3 and S5 support luke an a few others told me they are working on it for BFG > .

asicontech

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 11:32:51 AM

Stay tuned!

Thank you for your work!
Very interesting product , I look forward to the release of a new build Minera.
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: