Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850281 times)
Count_Frackula

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:48:57 PM

For some reason, MinerA hates it when you select the Mining Rig Rentals pools.  If you select them, it will do glitchy things, such as blanking out the pool info for them in the dashboard, and seems that it will never mine to them.
Similar issue with MagicPool, however, it will show it as a valid pool, but will fail over to a secondary pool permanently.

CPUminer on MinerA 0.3.5

Here's the config setting used for the pools:

After saving and restarting, the dashboard initially displayed this:

After a couple of automatic refreshes (with no changes made), it changed to this:

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

Still hoping for some help people

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.msg8708092#msg8708092

thanks
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:04:49 PM

For some reason, MinerA hates it when you select the http://www.miningrigrentals.com?ref=126 pools.

Dude, don't use a referral link unless you are clear about it. That's not cool. Just paste the link instead of "hiding" it this way. People can decide whether they want to give you the referral fee.

Firstly, there is no referral fee.
Secondly, I see nothing wrong with my post.  It's a factual bug report for a couple of sites that do glitchy things when Minera is pointed to them.
There is a referral program that they offer, so Flep is correct; and I believe it is actually against the forums unwritten rules.

But regardless, there is a solution to the MRR pools not showing up correctly. You have to view the full text log after a restart serach for "com:5" and replace the standard "3333" with the "5XXXX" number.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
chadwickx16

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:44:07 PM

In an unrelated matter to ^^^ I have been using Minera for a while now and everything was fine until recently.  Recently my raspberry pi's will freeze up and I have to manually unplug and replug the power to them on a daily basis.  They are running a variety of versions. Not sure what is causing this.  I tried putting a auto restart on them yesterday, but never came back up once the system reboot was initiated.  The odd thing is, I can access the placeholder page of the Lighttpd server package, but not the Minera dashboard or any SSH access.

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:34:55 AM

In an unrelated matter to ^^^ I have been using Minera for a while now and everything was fine until recently.  Recently my raspberry pi's will freeze up and I have to manually unplug and replug the power to them on a daily basis.  They are running a variety of versions. Not sure what is causing this.  I tried putting a auto restart on them yesterday, but never came back up once the system reboot was initiated.  The odd thing is, I can access the placeholder page of the Lighttpd server package, but not the Minera dashboard or any SSH access.

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Placeholder page seems to work even with no image.  I had an issue yesterday where I did a failed re-install (cleaned partition and put the image on wrong) and it still showed up.
My guess is that your SD card is bad, or something got corrupted.  I would reinstall, and if the issue remains, try a fresh SD card.

Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:49:16 AM

running great here for a few weeks now, only downtime due to changing / adding pools occasional restart for hardware that has stopped (10x Gridseed Mini's.. sometimes one will just stop.. rare)

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 04:27:33 PM

Great solution for those of us using the essentially unsupported ZenController. Thanks to dev!
I would suggest better documentation and user settings for different devices in the OP. That would be huge!

Question for those more familiar with Minera:

I am up and running using bfg w/ default settings with Black Widow(14.2 mh/s w/ 5% error/reject) for 18hrs. My question involves the UI reporting my miner incorrectly. The pool hash is correct but the miner details and device tree show the Black Widow hashing @ 1gh/s. Impossible, too bad really Sad
Is there a setting or something to correct the UI reporting? Once the hash reporting is corrected can I rename devices? I ask this because I will be spinning up 4 Furys(still on zen) on a seperate Rpi and would like to name them correctly.

Another question: I have 4 furys into a hub then into Rpi...will this be an issue?

Is it possible to mix black widows @ furys on the same Rpi and it work with Minera?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Did you put the chips count in the config? You need it otherwise you could get wrong device hashrate.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

Does Auto-Tune not work with the Gridseed Blade?  I haven't seen the clock speed change at all in the last 24 hours or so.

chadwickx16

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:38:07 PM

Does Auto-Tune not work with the Gridseed Blade?  I haven't seen the clock speed change at all in the last 24 hours or so.
No, only the rounds.  The blade chips are in groups of 5 instead of single chips, from what I have heard.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

Indeed, auto-tune cannot be used with the blades, as the chips are in groups.

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
LexMine

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:44:27 PM

Hey Guys,

i´m using minera for weeks now without problems (thanks again michelem), but now suddenly minera makes a cycle boot.
i´ve got only a few seconds to access the PI Console before i get the "System is going down for reboot" Message.
Thats not time enough to change any setting on the Website. I can open the settingspage but if i change something and try to save it, the webserver is already away for rebooting.

Does anyone have a hint for me, what to do? I would prefer not to lose my stored frequency settings.

Cheers
Alex

zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:12:18 PM

Woo! SO easy to install! Thanks so much for making this Smiley Definitely gonna be pointing my miner at that donation pool occasionally Smiley

khornate

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 11:16:58 PM

Is it ok to run apt-get upgrade on this? I don't want to break any custom config files
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 07:17:32 AM

Hey Guys,

i´m using minera for weeks now without problems (thanks again michelem), but now suddenly minera makes a cycle boot.
i´ve got only a few seconds to access the PI Console before i get the "System is going down for reboot" Message.
Thats not time enough to change any setting on the Website. I can open the settingspage but if i change something and try to save it, the webserver is already away for rebooting.

Does anyone have a hint for me, what to do? I would prefer not to lose my stored frequency settings.

Cheers
Alex

Do you have the scheduled reboot option turned on? If it's a problem with that you should connect the rpi to a keyboard and a monitor and login as fast as you can, then remove the Minera cron job with:

Code:
sudo rm /etc/cron.d/minera

You will able to reinstall it without any effort, but you need to to login and rm it in less then a minute.

If you can't do so, you need to enter in rescue/safe mode (https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch08s07.html.en) after the boot and you should be able to have a console to do the "rm" without reboot issue.

After that please PM me I would like to investigate with you this issue.
Thanks

@khornate yes you can upgrade any packages but it's important you don't run the "dist-upgrade" command, so you can use:

Code:
sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

LexMine

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:59:48 AM

Do you have the scheduled reboot option turned on? If it's a problem with that you should connect the rpi to a keyboard and a monitor and login as fast as you can, then remove the Minera cron job with:

Code:

This worked for me. The PI stays online now. I sent you a PM.

Another Problem. I connected a Gawminers Warmachine to a new Minera yesterday.
I used a Windows Machine with CGminer before. On the Windows Machine i had a Hashrate of 54 MHs like it should be.
With Minera i only get a 24h average of 42 MHs. Clevermining shows me a Reject Percentage of 15%. Minera shows 8% Error rate and 13% Reject Rate.

I use BFGminer with extra Option -S zus:all --set zus:chips=256

Any Idea what i can do better? Is there a way to get the War Machine running on CGminer? If yes, what extra Options do i have to use?

Cheers
Alex
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:06:19 PM

Code:

This worked for me. The PI stays online now. I sent you a PM.

Another Problem. I connected a Gawminers Warmachine to a new Minera yesterday.
I used a Windows Machine with CGminer before. On the Windows Machine i had a Hashrate of 54 MHs like it should be.
With Minera i only get a 24h average of 42 MHs. Clevermining shows me a Reject Percentage of 15%. Minera shows 8% Error rate and 13% Reject Rate.

I use BFGminer with extra Option -S zus:all --set zus:chips=256

Any Idea what i can do better? Is there a way to get the War Machine running on CGminer? If yes, what extra Options do i have to use?

Cheers
Alex

I'm having the same issue. I had my Fury running at 1.3-1.4 and now it's stuck around 1.1 on 24 hours average.
pictsidhe

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:17:08 PM

Trying to get minera to play with some gridseed blades here
Unfortunately, they don't run well with cpuminer, I've tried it on a few setups with differing cpuminer versions. Often not detected and often run slow if they are. Minis ran fine on those setups :/
The blades do run okish with bfgminer on the hashra thingy,
When I try changing minera from cpuminer to bfgminer (I'm setting the scrypt option and freq at 650 as I've undervolted) it crashes and burns. I can't even log in via terminal after doing that let alone the web interface. I would really like to know how to unscrew it in config files as reburning a whole image is a getting very tedious...
Any clues as to why it is crashing and burning would also be greatly appreciated. While I'm not expecting it to mine perfectly first go at settings, not even being able to log after changing to bfgminer is making it tricky to even get running...
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

Unfortunately, they don't run well with cpuminer, I've tried it on a few setups with differing cpuminer versions. Often not detected and often run slow if they are. Minis ran fine on those setups :/
When I try changing minera from cpuminer to bfgminer (I'm setting the scrypt option and freq at 650 as I've undervolted) it crashes and burns. I can't even log in via terminal after doing that let alone the web interface. I would really like to know how to unscrew it in config files as reburning a whole image is a getting very tedious...
Any clues as to why it is crashing and burning would also be greatly appreciated. While I'm not expecting it to mine perfectly first go at settings, not even being able to log after changing to bfgminer is making it tricky to even get running...

Burns? What does it burn? Please paste the exact bfgminer config or cpuminer you use and explain what burns 'cause that's not absolutely regular.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:30:51 PM

I have blades running with CPUminer.  Clock set to 838.  Superuser set and it set to restart if the minerd dies.  Sometimes it takes them a while to get going with the pool I'm using, and sometimes a blade goes off-line.  Other than that they run fine.  Right now they have been running for 4 days without a problem.

khornate

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:42:08 PM

Thanks michelem. It's very good software, I sent a small donation over a few days ago  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: