Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:20:51 AM

ok, question, what is the point of the person posting .34bc sells every 10 sats? Just trying to understand reason, if there is one. Smiley

I'm not sure. Basically to inflate/deflate the price I think. It's a price manipulation tactic. (e.g. someone else might put his order under/ above these small thingies, and then whoever has put those tiny chunks will nom that new order up)

Make the order book graph look totally distorted.  For example lets say you have a sell wall at 32K.  People wont be able to see this sell wall on the graph if you add a whole bunch of smaller sale orders.  The sell graph will look tiny and the buy will look huge.  This is used to make you think that there is much more buying pressure.

Both of these problems occur in MintPal and also in CryptTrader.  So be very careful when the order book look huge on one side and tiny on the other; it could be a trap to get you to buy or to sell!

Good point... which is why exchanges should always show (and graph) the entire order book - even if it means 10 screens worth of .000000001 orders and 1000000 orders on the other side. Smiley  (Or at the very least they should be exposed to their API... which I believe is the case with MintPal - but I could very well be wrong about that).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buy-black

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:21:36 AM

ok, question, what is the point of the person posting .34bc sells every 10 sats? Just trying to understand reason, if there is one. Smiley

I'm not sure. Basically to inflate/deflate the price I think. It's a price manipulation tactic. (e.g. someone else might put his order under/ above these small thingies, and then whoever has put those tiny chunks will nom that new order up)

Make the order book graph look totally distorted.  For example lets say you have a sell wall at 32K.  People wont be able to see this sell wall on the graph if you add a whole bunch of smaller sale orders.  The sell graph will look tiny and the buy will look huge.  This is used to make you think that there is much more buying pressure.

Both of these problems occur in MintPal and also in CryptTrader.  So be very careful when the order book look huge on one side and tiny on the other; it could be a trap to get you to buy or to sell!

Jup, you can see it in action right now @ Cinni: https://www.mintpal.com/market/CINNI/BTC

Someone posted this image also earlier  http://imgur.com/W5vz6MF

Be very careful when you see this.  Make sure you look at the order book yourself!

Right this minute CINNI is going down and the graph is manipulated to look like there is no selling pressure...

BC + XC + DRK
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:23:52 AM

Just came on to see the new thread. So great reading through these pages of positivity and moving forward!!
Soepkip (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:28:31 AM

Jup, you can see it in action right now @ Cinni: https://www.mintpal.com/market/CINNI/BTC

Be very careful when you see this.  Make sure you look at the order book yourself!

Right this minute CINNI is going down and the graph is manipulated to look like there is no selling pressure...

+1, A quick gander would tell you to buy, but you'll be hurting.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:39:47 AM

thanks all, really good info to know! I appreciate it!!
digicidal

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:55:04 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 02:06:26 AM by digicidal

Someone posted this image also earlier  http://imgur.com/W5vz6MF

Be very careful when you see this.  Make sure you look at the order book yourself!

Yep, that was me.  I was under the obviously mistaken perception that Mintpal exposed the entire order book.  I remember them tweeting about truncating it during the early BC runup... and then subsequently tweeting that they were displaying the entire book a few days later - mostly due to trader outcry.

Obviously, some time in the past few weeks they went back to a truncated book and either I missed the tweet or they kept quiet about it this time around.

More reason to be cautious about any big move as with the softer volumes it's more difficult to determine true support (or resistance).

Thanks for pointing that out!

EDIT: Looks like Apr. 19th they tweeted that the entire order book was exposed... but I'm guessing they re-truncated it when they added the order book graph to each market... I would have rather had the whole book and no graph... but whatever.  That was only 2 days prior to them adding the charts and there wasn't subsequent notice of the change. Sad
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:22:35 AM

I really am considering splitting some of my wall and helping a mini pump....

I just love the hype adrenaline

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Soepkip (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:29:10 AM

EDIT: Looks like Apr. 19th they tweeted that the entire order book was exposed... but I'm guessing they re-truncated it when they added the order book graph to each market... I would have rather had the whole book and no graph... but whatever.  That was only 2 days prior to them adding the charts and there wasn't subsequent notice of the change. Sad

Yeah, I think it's quite the strain on their servers, especially with the volume MintPal has these days.

████
██████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
Soepkip (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:36:56 AM

I really am considering splitting some of my wall and helping a mini pump....

I just love the hype adrenaline

Soepkip keeps deleting my posts, it's personal of course. PUMP THIS COIN!!! PUMP UNDER WAY!

Nothing personal, you are just posting fud / annoyingly big lettered posts.

████
██████████████████████

digicidal

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:43:29 AM

Nothing personal, you are just posting fud.

Maybe if a normal voice (font size) were used and a statement of optimism and constructive support (for BlackCoin - we know how you feel about Soepkip)... you might find your posts sticking around for a long time.

Constantly yelling about a "PUMP"... is actually the same as telling most people "don't buy yet... this isn't the real price".   Undecided
Soepkip (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:47:12 AM

Maybe if a normal voice (font size) were used and a statement of optimism and constructive support (for BlackCoin - we know how you feel about Soepkip)... you might find your posts sticking around for a long time.

Constantly yelling about a "PUMP"... is actually the same as telling most people "don't buy yet... this isn't the real price".   Undecided

Exactly this.

████
██████████████████████

buy-black

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:48:28 AM

Yep, that was me.  I was under the obviously mistaken perception that Mintpal exposed the entire order book.  I remember them tweeting about truncating it during the early BC runup... and then subsequently tweeting that they were displaying the entire book a few days later - mostly due to trader outcry.

Obviously, some time in the past few weeks they went back to a truncated book and either I missed the tweet or they kept quiet about it this time around.

More reason to be cautious about any big move as with the softer volumes it's more difficult to determine true support (or resistance).

Thanks for pointing that out!

EDIT: Looks like Apr. 19th they tweeted that the entire order book was exposed... but I'm guessing they re-truncated it when they added the order book graph to each market... I would have rather had the whole book and no graph... but whatever.  That was only 2 days prior to them adding the charts and there wasn't subsequent notice of the change. Sad

We need to DEMAND from MintPal to fix this issue.  I have written to them many times but they do nothing about the order book.  I use to copy paste the entire order book and gave me good idea of the positioning and walls but now it is very limited.  Also their graph is a LINE GRAPH and not and XY graph and should be changed to xy graph.  If you use a line graph each order uses a certain amount of x distance.  If they used a proper xy graph then all of those tiny orders would be bunched up together as an Insignificant blip in the screen.  

DEMAND TRANSPARENCY FROM MINTPAL NOW!

BC + XC + DRK
buy-black

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:58:02 AM

ALWAYS BET ON BLACK - Update 29
MARKET INTERDEPENDENCE - LIMITED CAPITAL - BICKERING

This last few days have been filled with lots of noise disrupting the price advancement of Blackcoin.

First we had huge conspiracy theories, power struggles, finger pointing, and plain market manipulation based on dumping fears.

Second we have our copy-cat CINNI coin, which was ironically helped by our dev rat4, making a big run to the upside sucking all available and un-available capital form the altcoin market. Many desperate traders sold off many BC to jump on the CINNI train initiated by WolongPump tweets.

Here is a chart showing how the BTC from selling Blackcoin helped CINNI.

I am truly amazed that Blackcoin has been able to withstand all of this punishment and currently remains in a strong position attempting to recover form the dump from 50K.

We have failed on three attempts to break out of the 37K resistance which is a reminder that there is still a lot of people that got burned on the 90K PUMP and now are still holding us down. I hope that this is a strong reminder of the damage caused by the un-sustainable PUMPS that only benefit the few that are in control of the PUMP.

Unfortunately we have had additional pumps trying to break the 37K and now some of those poor souls are holding the bag.   I ask you SOEPKIP and IE and anyone thinking about a pump, to stop this nonsense specially now that there is so much pressure from the bag holders.

This coin will greatly benefit from a slow and steady increase in price, building confidence and support floors before any more damaging PUMPS are attempted.

If you attempt a pump then make absolutely sure that you have enough BTC support walls to prevent the price from crashing after the pump. Maybe more frequent and smaller pumps might attract investors if good support floors are built with each small upward step.

I have been observing the CINNI run and the supporting price has been always behind the run making sure that the price does not fall back too far (never below the 38% Fib). I don't know who is behind all of this support but it was impressive. If this support is lost in the enthusiasm of fighting a resistance then the price will collapse, and if the price drop is more than the FIB retracement then it will become a crash.

Now is time for Blackcoin to get a little more organized and to find the price support required to take out the resistances before a shallow PUMP is attempted again bringing more bag holders into the game.

Buy-Black

P.S.  If you want to read the other reports go here: http://www.dailyblackcoin.com/category/market-analysis-by-buy-black/

BC + XC + DRK
digicidal

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:04:34 AM

We need to DEMAND from MintPal to fix this issue.  I have written to them many times but they do nothing about the order book.  I use to copy paste the entire order book and gave me good idea of the positioning and walls but now it is very limited.  Also their graph is a LINE GRAPH and not and XY graph and should be changed to xy graph.  If you use a line graph each order uses a certain amount of x distance.  If they used a proper xy graph then all of those tiny orders would be bunched up together as an Insignificant blip in the screen.  

DEMAND TRANSPARENCY FROM MINTPAL NOW!

+1

And there are ways of 'softening' the blow to the servers without damaging the metrics we use to determine our trades.  I agree an XY would be better... but even if they just changed the graph to display based on a dataset of all orders representing more than 0.5% of the book side - and ignored all points with less than that - it would be a useful tool and much more representative of the true landscape.

Obviously I would want to see all the data in the tabular fields - but for graphing purposes ignoring (based on current volume) all points with less than .25 BTC or 1250BC would allow a small data set for graph generation but show a very good representation of the entire book on both sides.
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:22:04 AM

Exactly this.

PUMP  Wink
digicidal

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:44:00 AM

Exactly this.

PUMP  Wink

Getting there!  Actually I LOL'd at this. Smiley
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:59:37 AM

A few wallet questions:

I just realized I'm on the v.5 version (mac). So all I do is download and install? Then my coins in my old wallet are just in the new one, yes? Seems obvious by I'm extra paranoid of doing something to lose all my coins haha. Then after I have the newest version, do I have to re-backup my wallet.dat? Will it be different?
drTEntacle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:01:07 AM

I think this is important upcoming action and it should be mentioned there.

Quote from: IconicExpert on May 01, 2014, 07:54:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4ZLv7K3.png

BlackCoin Is Going To Wall Street

This is an outline of what my wife and I have been planning for a few weeks. Please take a few minutes to read.

I have been promising something big in May, and today I have decided to present my project to the community so together we can make it a reality! My wife and I have been working on this project behind the scenes, and it has never been done before in crypto. We want BlackCoin to be the first Cypto Currency to pull it off!

So what is the big idea?

We want to hire 50 attractive women dressed in BlackCoin T-Shirts, and for 2 hours these women will converge on Wall Street and hand out Wall Street Edition BlackCoin cards and sell sheets describing BlackCoin.

Everything I have asked this community to do has lead us to this moment and now it is time to explain my master plan.

1. I rallied this community together to fund the press release projects so we can introduce the BlackCoin brand to mainstream media outlets, and at the same time learn how to focus our energy towards a single objective.

2. I created the BlackCoin card because I knew in the future we needed something "physical" to allow people to touch and feel. It is hard to get people to believe in something that only exists virtually. The cards are loaded with software that will make it easy to buy, manage, and trade BlackCoins.

3. I rallied this community to contact strategic companies like Vault Of Satoshi because I knew for us to succeed we needed a direct Fiat to BC service here in North America.

4. Now that step 1 -3 has been accomplished,  everything is in place for the main event.

What will the main event accomplish?

This plan is to kill 3 birds with one stone.

a. The cards and sell sheets will introduce new investors to BC. Although Wall Street is the location we do not care if "whales" on Wall Street invests in BC or not. Wall Street is just the backdrop. We want BC to be associated with wealth!

b. We will attract the attention of mainstream media. Not everyday 50 beautiful women dressed alike converge on Wall Street. The event will be covered by local and international media outlets. My wife will be calling media outlets the day before and during the event.

c. We will be making crypto history and we will show the rest of the crypto community how determined we are to make BlackCoin #1.

What is needed to make this a success?

Casting studio rental for day (Cast girls for rvent)
50 Girls for 2 hours
50 T-Shirts
Water For Girls
1000 Cards + Retail Packaging
1000 Sell Sheets
Misc expenses: transportation..snacks...etc..etc

Total budget: $9540
Approximately 73,000 BC at the current exchange rate.

Note: I am not profiting off the cards we get made for this event, these will be community made cards at the wholesale factory price. I set 1000 cards as the minimum, but if we can raise more than $9540 I will get as many cards made as the donations allow.

Note: If we can raise $12,000 or more I will be able to hire a professional camera crew to follow the girls around. We can use that video to plaster all over the web and go viral!

This community has wanted something huge and I strongly believe this is what we need. Our recent partnerships with various companies have been great to make BC stronger, but it has done very little to get the  "BlackCoin brand out to the mainstream. We can have all the partnerships in the world, but if no one knows about us then partnerships mean very little. I think this event will give us the most ROI, and this will be the tipping point for BlackCoin.

To make this happen we need to raise the money by May 17th, and my wife and  I would like to do the event either the 29th or the 30th of May. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and all comments and suggestions are welcome since it will take this entire community to make this happen.

Below is the donation addresses (Please make sure you use the addresses from this original post or my signature only. Previously scammers have attempted to replace donation addresses with their own addresses when replying to the post.

Donation addresses:

BC: BQQsUdYaqCGUDhdXPADto1gKwvEA2a92TP
BTC: 12jhNVMj5kk7akem2wxDwnpQvGdro3NzJ4
LTC: LT4hiypMuPLYQT2gu3gdMjvAMqhC1w12yJ
DOGE: DRJnZVTP64phDfdoWu5VnKUUSM7p8Tf4MT

----------------------------------------------
IconicExpert on May 01, 2014, 07:54:47 PM
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:10:30 AM

Nice. I would like to break the rules from the start....

I'm accusing myself of selling metal alloy 16GB (most probably) USB cards. Development thread here:

http://blackcointalk.com/index.php/topic,2252.msg2956.html#new

Pre-Orders starting soon.

Not for nothing, but those wallets look awesome. I'm buying one for sure!!

Going to laser engrave mine myself!
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:14:34 AM

I appreciate ya'll distancing yourself from the other guy. His ego and greed was too much for me so I left for a while. Glad to see the original team here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: