Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
fat mike

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:24:20 PM

lol

I was invested in this coin, i dumped at 0.4 btc loss, i made it back in a few hours, seriously get out now before you lose your entire investment.
yaga

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

As promised, the White paper is ready for its first release. This is the first public version, consider it as a pre-release.

A few details were ommited and a few sections aren't fully detailed/completed but the main core is here, by reading this paper you will be able to understand how we can achieve to do this decentralized eco-system, you may need a few reads before understanding everything.

- A revision of the white paper will come next Friday the 27th June, adding more details and completing some incomplete parts.
- A new release fixing a few issues in the wallet with Mac compile is coming on Monday 23rd.
- And the Beta of the eco-system is still planned to come out in 2 weeks.

Enough typing, time for reading !

How to participate in the beta?
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:27:00 PM

Good lord people, what do you not understand about not quoting FUDDERS!!! You are only helping them by keeping their comment active. Just fucking ignore them and don't even bother replying. What is so god damn hard about that?HuhHuhHuh??
fudders can quote fudders Smiley first day in internet, eh?

Doesn't matter if you have them all ignored.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:31:59 PM

Best thing is to focus on the thread and development Roll Eyes The shut tu fuck up button (ignore) is your best tool

Good lord people, what do you not understand about not quoting FUDDERS!!! You are only helping them by keeping their comment active. Just fucking ignore them and don't even bother replying. What is so god damn hard about that?HuhHuhHuh??

Price increase will come with time...

I see those large sell and buy orders coming and dissappearing, which means whales are just let people panic and buy their coins.

I didn't sell my coins since the beginning of silk!

We as holders (Community) decide the price. If we don't sell at such low prices, than price will increase!
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:43:41 PM

lol

I was invested in this coin, i dumped at 0.4 btc loss, i made it back in a few hours, seriously get out now before you lose your entire investment.

too funny. How many account are you allowed on this site there MonkeySpam man?

Name:   fat mike
Activity:   1
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   Today at 21:59:11
Last Active:   Today at 22:37:33

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
BNK3RED

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:54:53 PM

Good work guys looks like you've done exactly what the trolls want and turn the forum into a trash heap.  At this stage it's not useful at all.. Hense the price.. Getting sad now
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:57:51 PM

Silkcoin,

The registration mechanism you're proposing has an interesting application towards preexisting non-p2p systems.

Suppose a website owner who employs a home grown authentication system is able to add a Silk authentication module allowing his system to verify the identity and authenticate visitors against the blockchain. The process could be made seamless for the user via browser plug-in for challenge/response authentication, or token based a la OAuth. The website owner would never need to store the users credentials.

I believe what you're proposing, in particular, decentralized content could coexist and benefit preexisting non-p2p systems.

I'm doing some work in this area, have been hacking on Bitcoin's P2P protocol. Ping me if anyone wants to discuss further, hopefully outside the fray of the ANN thread!

I beg for a moderated thread.
Posts like these are getting lost in this one.

This thread can stay open and run in parallel with the moderated one. The FUD vs hype battle can continue here.
But please give us a moderated thread as well.
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:58:02 PM

Price increase will come with time...

I see those large sell and buy orders coming and dissappearing, which means whales are just let people panic and buy their coins.

I didn't sell my coins since the beginning of silk!

We as holders (Community) decide the price. If we don't sell at such low prices, than price will increase!

The market is also still adjusting after last ath

Enough people got burned in that phase so the market is still bearish and recovering, probably also some bagholders from the beginning that finally see some buy walls so they can exit. Trade signals say SC is oversold atm and there is no bad news, this means buy!

Once the first beta comes out people will start crying they didn't bought the cheap coins.

Just hold your coins and use them for protecting the Proof of Stake network.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:59:01 PM

Good work guys looks like you've done exactly what the trolls want and turn the forum into a trash heap.  At this stage it's not useful at all.. Hense the price.. Getting sad now

Yep, it is EXACTLY what they wanted!
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/silkcoin/

Our review + score of Silkcoin

Enjoy Smiley
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

Silkcoin,

The registration mechanism you're proposing has an interesting application towards preexisting non-p2p systems.

Suppose a website owner who employs a home grown authentication system is able to add a Silk authentication module allowing his system to verify the identity and authenticate visitors against the blockchain. The process could be made seamless for the user via browser plug-in for challenge/response authentication, or token based a la OAuth. The website owner would never need to store the users credentials.

I believe what you're proposing, in particular, decentralized content could coexist and benefit preexisting non-p2p systems.

I'm doing some work in this area, have been hacking on Bitcoin's P2P protocol. Ping me if anyone wants to discuss further, hopefully outside the fray of the ANN thread!

This thread can stay open and run in parallel with the moderated one. The FUD vs hype battle can continue here.

Let's just start one. Create it, copy and paste all the OP stuff over and go from there.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:02:37 PM

WhiteNotWright

here is a advice that most of the people in this thread are using Wink

But it's so much fun to defend. OK, I will go ahead and assimilate at this point for the good of the community. No more troll response from me. I'm in.

Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:04:25 PM

WhiteNotWright

here is a advice that most of the people in this thread are using Wink

But it's so much fun to defend. OK, I will go ahead and assimilate at this point for the good of the community. No more troll response from me. I'm in.

It is the only way we take back our thread is if the community sticks together. Take Back OUR Thread 2014!!! Smiley
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:09:42 PM

Silkcoin,

Let's just start one. Create it, copy and paste all the OP stuff over and go from there.

I seriously considered it and started typing it up... but it will be better if the person who creates it is called Silkcoin. Or Wulf would be believable as well. My name is not recognized as part of Silkcoin team (because I'm not).

The cons to having a moderated thread: avoidance of criticism and stifling of debate.
The pros: actually being able to have criticism and debate.

This thread has become unpleasant mostly through the efforts of a failed extortionist.
It doesn't matter in the long run but it is a shame for people like me who are interested in the development. If all the interesting discussions move to PM then I won't be able to follow!
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

Silkcoin,

I seriously considered it and started typing it up... but it will be better if the person who creates it is called Silkcoin. Or Wulf would be believable as well. My name is not recognized as part of Silkcoin team (because I'm not).

The cons to having a moderated thread: avoidance of criticism and stifling of debate.

This thread has become unpleasant mostly through the efforts of a failed extortionist.
It doesn't matter in the long run but it is a shame for people like me who are interested in the development. If all the interesting discussions move to PM then I won't be able to follow!

I agree that it needs to be someone from the team, but then they have to monitor the thread and that takes them from the real work. Do we have a dedicated Community Manager or a Community team that someone from there can do it?

Big difference between constructive criticism and worthwhile debate and blatant FUD. The blatant crap that we are seeing here is what needs to go. It is in no way furthering intelligent discussion or debate. It is just shit in the punch bowl.
Intrepid101

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:16:57 PM

Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

Thats not bad idea actually. Lets see what the dev says Smiley

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:21:09 PM

Silkcoin,

I agree that it needs to be someone from the team, but then they have to monitor the thread and that takes them from the real work. Do we have a dedicated Community Manager or a Community team that someone from there can do it?

Big difference between constructive criticism and worthwhile debate and blatant FUD. The blatant crap that we are seeing here is what needs to go. It is in no way furthering intelligent discussion or debate. It is just shit in the punch bowl.

I think it would be obvious as the what is considered FUD if based upon the criteria set forth by previous examples. You would not want to suppress the freedom of thought or expression, rather eliminate narcissistic personality disorder, which could (i suppose) extend itself to bi-polar syndrome and so on and so forth if we are abstracting examples for this thread. In summary, I am sure it would be pretty dam clear who is trying to cause disruption through the thread. I honestly believe most think of this room as a troll box. I know I did, but was sent forth to become one of the conformist within a social structure that is controlled by peers and minions and shoot. Am I in China here?

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:24:26 PM

Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

If my stake would finish cooking I could donate, but as it stands, all my coins are purkolating.

Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:25:52 PM

I will happily donate.
But can you explain to me why the dev fund needs to be destroyed and recreated?
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:31:30 PM

What does this accomplish?

You want the dev to destroy the premine and then we just donate coins back to them. If you are concerned about the devs using the premine for ill purposes why would you donate coins right back to them? But if you are not worried about them using the premine for ill purposes why destroy it in the first place??

All you will be doing is taking coins out of the hands of the community who have them in their wallets for staking which strengthens the network only to have it go to one or two addresses that may not stake at all.

Your request is illogical and not thought through. 
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: