Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:47:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:23:27 PM

I think I will buy some silk lingerie for my soon to be hooker anytime soon, all will be paid with the profit from SC  Tongue Tongue

Why not sharing ? I will buy for 2 more persons a hour of pleasure with a nice Latina  Cheesy

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:30:10 PM

Maturity grows here, its a good thing.
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:11:27 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 10:32:49 PM by Jacqul

I would like to summarize the criticism as far as I have seen it:

1. B instead of S as first letter.

Silkcoin has responded and said it is something that does not really matter and that they did not feel warrants so much attention or concern.
Cryptodevil has said that he worries this means that there are bigger problems that are overlooked.

My take on it:
Silkcoin team have been focused on the bigger picture and ignoring some details (some spelling and grammar in the wallet also) and I can see the B thing slipping in.
I have warned them that the devil is in the details and that people will respond with concern like Cryptodevil did.
I also submitted an edited version of some of the info included in the wallet.
This they implemented in the next update. This acceptance of feedback and response to the community was very much appreciated.

An actual error did appear in one of the earlier wallet updates (having to do with block number causing a crash in wallet) this was immediately responded to and fixed by the team.

2. The White Paper.

Various people have been unhappy with the layout of the white paper and that it did not seem to come from someone used to writing them.
Silkcoin has responded and said that this is in fact true, they are not used to writing documents like these. There was also time pressure and they wanted to deliver the outline of the plan with the ecosystem. An updated version is promised.

My take on it:
This is also in keeping with (1), the dev team is working on the bigger picture and letting things that seem inconsequential slide by. Unfortunately for people who do not understand the technical vision, all they have to go on is the impression of professionalism that is given by fancy websites and flawless papers.
I prefer that they delivered a white paper as promised rather than delayed it to polish it.
I feel it contained the ideas as they said it would.
Nobody has yet really delivered any negative comment on the actual content.

3. Silkcoin wallet is based on Blackcoin.

Silkcoin team have said this is true.

My take:
Who cares? Everything is based on other things. Blackcoin is based on Bitcoin etc etc etc.
If you see how many other wallets are now copying SC wallet and how accepting the devs are of that fact
(and confident that SC will stay ahead because of ongoing innovation),
then you realize that they are happy with open source, using and referencing other wallets and ideas.

Of note: cryptodevil was worried that the B/S substitution happened directly because of this fact in contrast to the response from the dev
Cryptodevil also says he was asked to stop posting negative things in the thread. (Please see the next point.)

4. The FUDstorm

There is convincing evidence that MEGAman/fat mike/gorilla jam posters are part of a group or sockpuppets of an account
that is delivering on a promise to derail the SC thread after failing to extort 0.5 BTC from the dev team.  
The dev team has responded calmly and carried on, which inspires confidence.
The concern is always that trolls manage to derail or anger the dev team enough that they withdraw,
this has happily not happened and in my opinion is why you need a team of dev rather than just one dev.

A new community self moderated thread has risen in response to the extortionFUD but there are problems with that as well.
Unfortunately the side effect of serious trolling is that it galvanizes the community and creates mindless yes-men who want to protect their investment.
This is not always positive and we need to be vigilant to this. Too much hype can kill something as effectively as too much FUD.

My take on it:
SC dev team have managed this as well as possible.
The problem is now that with the extortion, everyone is sensitized to criticism and wonder if negative comments are part of the same FUDteam.
Hopefully responses can be tailored to specific criticism (as in the Cryptodevil case) and not all criticism criticized for being critical.

5. The 4.5% premine

Initial premine was planned at 2% but there was lot of early pressure from community to halve the second POW payout and so give earlier investors more incentive.
The payout was halved, so dropping the total number of coins created and hence raising the % of premine.
There has been some in community asking for premine to be destroyed and some strong reactions against this.

The obvious concern with the premine is that devs could desert the initiative and sell off their share and so crash the price.
It is obvious that a lot of work has already gone into creating this coin and that a lot more work is planned.
I for one would hope that devs become rich from this venture but only after enriching the world by delivering innovation and creation.
The addresses containing the premine is public and movement of the funds can be watched.

My take:
I see a need for a dev fund. I don't see fundamental difference between 2% and 4.5%.
I hope the devs also bought or mined lots of SC on top of that fund.

TLDR:

Valid criticism to dev attention to detail but important things have always worked or been fixed immediately.
Some details have not worried the dev team but it does worry some in the community. (Community participation can help to fix details.)
There is ample evidence of dev team competency, just look at the wallet and the fact that others are now copying SC wallet.
There is a vision contained in white paper that could change wallet functionality.

Disclaimer:
I own some SC but not enough that I will be able to retire if it is $10 per SC.
(I plan to keep all of them until I can used them without turning into anything else.)
I am bullish on SC and think that it will increase in price.
cointrader2014

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:17:11 PM

Also, keep in mind that some members of the dev team don't speak English as their first language....
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:21:44 PM

Also, keep in mind that some members of the dev team don't speak English as their first language....
And what?

The Camel Marches On
cointrader2014

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:25:20 PM

So expecting perfect spelling and grammar in every aspect of the project is probably asking a bit too much from an altcoin team.
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:28:26 PM

And what?

I think he was referring to my wall of text discussing the criticism.

It is true what you say but I did not include that in my interpretation. I think if they really worried or thought it would make a difference then they would've found a way to have it perfect.

I just think they are not concerned about it. Because it does not really matter.

So expecting perfect spelling and grammar in every aspect of the project is probably asking a bit too much from an altcoin team.
I agree. And no reason why community who have OCD tendencies like me can't help. Smiley
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:46:14 PM

And what?

http://9gag.com/gag/aD0KwAO

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
anarchyx

Activity: 480

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:56:00 PM

I would like to summarize the criticism as far as I have seen it:

1. B instead of S as first letter.

Silkcoin has responded and said it is something that does not really matter and that they did not feel warrants so much attention or concern.
Cryptodevil has said that he worries this means that there are bigger problems that are overlooked.

My take on it:
Silkcoin team have been focused on the bigger picture and ignoring some details (some spelling and grammar in the wallet also) and I can see the B thing slipping in.
I have warned them that the devil is in the details and that people will respond with concern like Cryptodevil did.
I also submitted an edited version of some of the info included in the wallet.
This they implemented in the next update. This acceptance of feedback and response to the community was very much appreciated.

An actual error did appear in one of the earlier wallet updates (having to do with block number causing a crash in wallet) this was immediately responded to and fixed by the team.

2. The White Paper.

Various people have been unhappy with the layout of the white paper and that it did not seem to come from someone used to writing them.
Silkcoin has responded and said that this is in fact true, they are not used to writing documents like these. There was also time pressure and they wanted to deliver the outline of the plan with the ecosystem. An updated version is promised.

My take on it:
This is also in keeping with (1), the dev team is working on the bigger picture and letting things that seem inconsequential slide by. Unfortunately for people who do not understand the technical vision, all they have to go on is the impression of professionalism that is given by fancy websites and flawless papers.
I prefer that they delivered a white paper as promised rather than delayed it to polish it.
I feel it contained the ideas as they said it would.
Nobody has yet really delivered any negative comment on the actual content.

3. Silkcoin wallet is based on Blackcoin.

Silkcoin team have said this is true.

My take:
Who cares? Everything is based on other things. Blackcoin is based on Bitcoin etc etc etc.
If you see how many other wallets are now copying SC wallet and how accepting the devs are of that fact
(and confident that SC will stay ahead because of ongoing innovation),
then you realize that they are happy with open source, using and referencing other wallets and ideas.

Of note: cryptodevil was worried that the B/S substitution happened directly because of this fact in contrast to the response from the dev
Cryptodevil also says he was asked to stop posting negative things in the thread. (Please see the next point.)

4. The FUDstorm

There is convincing evidence that MEGAman/fat mike/gorilla jam posters are part of a group or sockpuppets of an account
that is delivering on a promise to derail the SC thread after failing to extort 0.5 BTC from the dev team.  
The dev team has responded calmly and carried on, which inspires confidence.
The concern is always that trolls manage to derail or anger the dev team enough that they withdraw,
this has happily not happened and in my opinion is why you need a team of dev rather than just one dev.

A new community self moderated thread has risen in response to the extortionFUD but there are problems with that as well.
Unfortunately the side effect of serious trolling is that it galvanizes the community and creates mindless yes-men who want to protect their investment.
This is not always positive and we need to be vigilant to this. Too much hype can kill something as effectively as too much FUD.

My take on it:
SC dev team have managed this as well as possible.
The problem is now that with the extortion, everyone is sensitized to criticism and wonder if negative comments are part of the same FUDteam.
Hopefully responses can be tailored to specific criticism (as in the Cryptodevil case) and not all criticism criticized for being critical.

5. The 4.5% premine

Initial premine was planned at 2% but there was lot of early pressure from community to halve the second POW payout and so give earlier investors more incentive.
The payout was halved, so dropping the total number of coins created and hence raising the % of premine.
There has been some in community asking for premine to be destroyed and some strong reactions against this.

The obvious concern with the premine is that devs could desert the initiative and sell off their share and so crash the price.
It is obvious that a lot of work has already gone into creating this coin and that a lot more work is planned.
I for one would hope that devs become rich from this venture but only after enriching the world by delivering innovation and creation.
The addresses containing the premine is public and movement of the funds can be watched.

My take:
I see a need for a dev fund. I don't see fundamental difference between 2% and 4.5%.
I hope the devs also bought or mined lots of SC on top of that fund.

TLDR:

Valid criticism to dev attention to detail but important things have always worked or been fixed immediately.
Some details have not worried the dev team but it does worry some in the community. (Community participation can help to fix details.)
There is ample evidence of dev team competency, just look at the wallet and the fact that others are now copying SC wallet.
There is a vision contained in white paper that could change wallet functionality.

Disclaimer:
I own some SC but not enough that I will be able to retire if it is $10 per SC.
(I plan to keep all of them until I can used them without turning into anything else.)
I am bullish on SC and think that it will increase in price.

Exactly what I wanted to say, but didn't have the time to write this out.  Good job.
hamzatu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:01:27 PM

Now that the whitepaper is out, when can we expect then next wallet update and what new functionality will be included?

As promised, the White paper is ready for its first release. This is the first public version, consider it as a pre-release.

A few details were ommited and a few sections aren't fully detailed/completed but the main core is here, by reading this paper you will be able to understand how we can achieve to do this decentralized eco-system, you may need a few reads before understanding everything.

- A revision of the white paper will come next Friday the 27th June, adding more details and completing some incomplete parts.
- A new release fixing a few issues in the wallet with Mac compile is coming on Monday 23rd.
- And the Beta of the eco-system is still planned to come out in 2 weeks.

Enough typing, time for reading !

I would like to help beta test when it is released. I like the idea but I would like to see a technical specification. Maybe see a more developed use case since the intention is not a market place.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:02:34 PM

you have had your question answered twice...
your post and concerns, although eloquent and not without value have been addressed
why are you so hung up on a single letter of the alphabet?
Because it isn't just a letter of the alphabet. It is a failure by the very team who launched 'Shock and Awe', a marketing strategy, to address something incredibly basic about the initial structure of this project when they decided to use the Blackcoin source code.

It does not represent a letter, it represents a fundamental failure in the quality standards of the project, from the very first days of its existence.

If your not happy with the answer why ask the question?
I am not happy with the answers I am being given but, what is worse, and something that should be of great concern to any other person considering this coin, is not that I am not happy with the answer, but that the official Silkcoin rep isn't happy with the question.

We are being asked to believe they can deliver a bold new 'Ecosystem' for a coin project they evidently handled sloppily at the very start.

I'm not asking for the letter 'B' to be changed, I'm asking for them to appreciate the failings that letter now represents in their coin's wallet address format and to assuage our concerns as to the type of poor workmanship and quality standards that mistake is clearly representative of.

What has changed in their team, their methodology and practice since then?

If their response is to ask me to keep quiet, I'm guessing not a lot has changed. That's what I'm trying to establish, whether the same behaviours that brought us 'Shock and Awe' along with shockingly poor oversight, have been addressed at all.

U mad bro? You obviously are not happy, why not just leave then? You are sounding more and more childish with each post, crying like a little brat who keeps asking Mommy, "WHY?!".

You know I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and even after I sucked up an early comment about you stating I was a troll for the Whitepaper. Seriously get some help. One minute you sound intelligent, the next minute you sound like a narcissistic brat. Don't bother responding, it falls on deaf ears now.

?? I wasn't even replying to you, I was speaking to cryptodevil. Not sure what you are talking about.
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 11:24:26 PM

I don't see fundamental difference between 2% and 4.5%.

Really? I am not interested in contributing my opinion regarding SilkCoin in general as there already appears to be some quite vocal individuals on both sides... but I think most seasoned traders, regardless of sector, would consider the difference to be significant. While I disagree that the 4.5% premine alone spells "certain doom" for SilkCoin, as a certain individual claimed previously in this thread, I will say it stacks the deck for the developer (whom was already holding all of the cards). There are significant advantages to being a coin developer on their own. You control the release of information, you control the timeline, you know the progress of things, and you know your level of commitment (or lack thereof) in a way nobody else can. I have nothing against this coin specifically because I've been maintaining my own coin for over 5 months now and I have dealt with an inordinate level of FUD that also forced me to create a moderated thread; it's frustrating and not as rewarding as one would think. My coin had a 0% premine because I felt that a legitimate coin should not have a premine; looking back... I probably should have had a small premine to help compensate me for all of the effort that goes into it. My biggest concern with the 4.5% premine in this case is that, in addition to being quite large, it also wasn't the original specification. Yes - I understand members of the community voted to adjust the PoW period - but not everybody who mined or invested in SilkCoin felt the same way (or even saw/understood the poll). I believe that once a coin is launched, the distribution specifications need to remain the same throughout even if things under the hood continue to evolve. I guess I see no reason why the PoW phase would be cut short - why would that even be proposed? It was already so short that only a small group of people were even involved in the PoW portion - these are all things that are bad for a currency. Also, by changing the specifications of the coin post-launch, the integrity of the coin was compromised. It opened the door for confusion, outrage, and all of the other negative aspects of the situation you guys now find yourselves in. I believe the best thing that could be done for SilkCoin (and quite possibly the only chance there is to reverse the current slide in value) is to destroy a portion of the premine so that the premine remained consistent with the original specifications. I know if I had invested in SilkCoin under the impression that there was a 2% premine and then, by way of democratic process or not, the coin specifications changed and the premine rose to 4.5%, I would be pretty upset because my investment would have been significantly devalued (and possibly even fully at-risk). In the end, it doesn't matter what a handful of people think or if a handful of people don't care about the difference between 2% and 4.5% because most people do care. I have been trading cryptocurrency since 2011 and a significant portion of my net worth is in crypto (probably more than what is prudent, really) - the premine is too big of a chunk for people like me to consider making a play in SilkCoin (even a short-term play). To make matters even worse, the spec changed post-launch. I'm not anti-premine - I think it has its place - but destroying a chunk of the premine to take it down to the original 2% would go a long way in restoring the integrity of this coin and the developer. Perhaps you guys could set up a fundraiser to donate coins to the developer before/after the premine is destroyed?

I know this is a long post but I was asked for my input on SilkCoin and that is all I'm willing to address. I believe that if the premine isn't destroyed to restore the original premine specs (or at least close to it) that this coin will continue to decline and never recover. I know better than anyone how difficult it is to reignite a community once the initial excitement wears off - you need to keep people excited and optimistic and even if you're just here to dump and get out wouldn't you rather do it at a higher price?

I'm not here for a debate - not my thing. That is my 100% honest assessment of the premine. For those of you here that don't understand the significance of a premine, I urge you to do your research before investing in another premined coin. I would urge you to learn more about why it matters and why it increases the risk. I'm not saying all premines are a horrible thing - I just think it needs to be within reason. We're talking about creating currencies here and a currency cannot work if one single person commands too large of a share right out of the gates. Currency isn't a new concept - it's been around as a superior alternative to the barter system as far back as mankind goes - there are basic rules that must be followed. A 4.5% premine turns off 90% of crypto investors and puts it in a lower class along with hundreds of similar coins - it's virtually impossible to get the level of acceptance required to survive long-term no matter how great the developer is.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:31:46 PM

you have had your question answered twice...
your post and concerns, although eloquent and not without value have been addressed
why are you so hung up on a single letter of the alphabet?
Because it isn't just a letter of the alphabet. It is a failure by the very team who launched 'Shock and Awe', a marketing strategy, to address something incredibly basic about the initial structure of this project when they decided to use the Blackcoin source code.

It does not represent a letter, it represents a fundamental failure in the quality standards of the project, from the very first days of its existence.

If your not happy with the answer why ask the question?
I am not happy with the answers I am being given but, what is worse, and something that should be of great concern to any other person considering this coin, is not that I am not happy with the answer, but that the official Silkcoin rep isn't happy with the question.

We are being asked to believe they can deliver a bold new 'Ecosystem' for a coin project they evidently handled sloppily at the very start.

I'm not asking for the letter 'B' to be changed, I'm asking for them to appreciate the failings that letter now represents in their coin's wallet address format and to assuage our concerns as to the type of poor workmanship and quality standards that mistake is clearly representative of.

What has changed in their team, their methodology and practice since then?

If their response is to ask me to keep quiet, I'm guessing not a lot has changed. That's what I'm trying to establish, whether the same behaviours that brought us 'Shock and Awe' along with shockingly poor oversight, have been addressed at all.

U mad bro? You obviously are not happy, why not just leave then? You are sounding more and more childish with each post, crying like a little brat who keeps asking Mommy, "WHY?!".

You know I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and even after I sucked up an early comment about you stating I was a troll for the Whitepaper. Seriously get some help. One minute you sound intelligent, the next minute you sound like a narcissistic brat. Don't bother responding, it falls on deaf ears now.

?? I wasn't even replying to you, I was speaking to cryptodevil. Not sure what you are talking about.

I should have let you know before you responded. This was targeted toward him. I obviously have much respect for you sir. Sorry about that!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:54:39 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:41:06 AM by kalisto

I don't see fundamental difference between 2% and 4.5%.

Really? I am not interested in contributing my opinion regarding SilkCoin in general as there already appears to be some quite vocal individuals on both sides... but I think most seasoned traders, regardless of sector, would consider the difference to be significant. While I disagree that the 4.5% premine alone spells "certain doom" for SilkCoin, as a certain individual claimed previously in this thread, I will say it stacks the deck for the developer (whom was already holding all of the cards). There are significant advantages to being a coin developer on their own. You control the release of information, you control the timeline, you know the progress of things, and you know your level of commitment (or lack thereof) in a way nobody else can. I have nothing against this coin specifically because I've been maintaining my own coin for over 5 months now and I have dealt with an inordinate level of FUD that also forced me to create a moderated thread; it's frustrating and not as rewarding as one would think. My coin had a 0% premine because I felt that a legitimate coin should not have a premine; looking back... I probably should have had a small premine to help compensate me for all of the effort that goes into it. My biggest concern with the 4.5% premine in this case is that, in addition to being quite large, it also wasn't the original specification. Yes - I understand members of the community voted to adjust the PoW period - but not everybody who mined or invested in SilkCoin felt the same way (or even saw/understood the poll). I believe that once a coin is launched, the distribution specifications need to remain the same throughout even if things under the hood continue to evolve. I guess I see no reason why the PoW phase would be cut short - why would that even be proposed? It was already so short that only a small group of people were even involved in the PoW portion - these are all things that are bad for a currency. Also, by changing the specifications of the coin post-launch, the integrity of the coin was compromised. It opened the door for confusion, outrage, and all of the other negative aspects of the situation you guys now find yourselves in. I believe the best thing that could be done for SilkCoin (and quite possibly the only chance there is to reverse the current slide in value) is to destroy a portion of the premine so that the premine remained consistent with the original specifications. I know if I had invested in SilkCoin under the impression that there was a 2% premine and then, by way of democratic process or not, the coin specifications changed and the premine rose to 4.5%, I would be pretty upset because my investment would have been significantly devalued (and possibly even fully at-risk). In the end, it doesn't matter what a handful of people think or if a handful of people don't care about the difference between 2% and 4.5% because most people do care. I have been trading cryptocurrency since 2011 and a significant portion of my net worth is in crypto (probably more than what is prudent, really) - the premine is too big of a chunk for people like me to consider making a play in SilkCoin (even a short-term play). To make matters even worse, the spec changed post-launch. I'm not anti-premine - I think it has its place - but destroying a chunk of the premine to take it down to the original 2% would go a long way in restoring the integrity of this coin and the developer. Perhaps you guys could set up a fundraiser to donate coins to the developer before/after the premine is destroyed?

I know this is a long post but I was asked for my input on SilkCoin and that is all I'm willing to address. I believe that if the premine isn't destroyed to restore the original premine specs (or at least close to it) that this coin will continue to decline and never recover. I know better than anyone how difficult it is to reignite a community once the initial excitement wears off - you need to keep people excited and optimistic and even if you're just here to dump and get out wouldn't you rather do it at a higher price?

I'm not here for a debate - not my thing. That is my 100% honest assessment of the premine. For those of you here that don't understand the significance of a premine, I urge you to do your research before investing in another premined coin. I would urge you to learn more about why it matters and why it increases the risk. I'm not saying all premines are a horrible thing - I just think it needs to be within reason. We're talking about creating currencies here and a currency cannot work if one single person commands too large of a share right out of the gates. Currency isn't a new concept - it's been around as a superior alternative to the barter system as far back as mankind goes - there are basic rules that must be followed. A 4.5% premine turns off 90% of crypto investors and puts it in a lower class along with hundreds of similar coins - it's virtually impossible to get the level of acceptance required to survive long-term no matter how great the developer is.

TL;DR;

4,5% Premine is to big, it scares new investors so it dont work in the long term.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:06:39 AM

if 50% of the premine was in fact already given out as bountys, there would be 0 reason to destroy the other 50%.

Sc just got released, the coin, community and devs will need that premine for bountys and other stuff to come.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
komodovpn

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:08:31 AM

People worry too much about premine for coins where they shouldn't. SC has development and a real team behind it, much more than I can say for  any other coin. 99% of coins being released are shit coins, those are the real scams. pump and dumps.

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
bholzer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

I agree that 4,5% is a big unintented premine but what your story seems to miss is that half of the premine has already been spend on bountys.

I find this extremely hard to believe. However, even if that is the case, that isn't a very prudent way to distribute 2% of a currency's total supply. Combined with the remainder of the premine and the distribution system in general there are fundamental flaws here that will limit the SilkCoin ceiling considerably. Even if the eco-system is actually produced, you have to remember it could easily be reproduced by a coin with superior distribution and design. Personally, I see too many flaws in any coin that becomes PoS so quickly after a brief PoW window due to the extremely lopsided distribution. That being said, we have seen Blackcoin overcome this seemingly negative aspect despite not truly achieving long-term success yet by most standards. I believe the issue here is that it is primarily the same group of people interested in SilkCoin; the smart play would still be destroying a portion of the premine and focusing more time and energy on getting the word out elsewhere vs continuing to primarily contribute to this thread on a single forum full of the very people already interested in the coin. With the reduced premine, less marketing effort can be spent on defending this negative aspect of the coin and the confusion surrounding it (and the PoW adjustments) - it will only continue to create problems for you. I believe I have sufficiently covered what I wanted to cover; not looking to rain on the parade or create additional friction here - I was asked to look into SilkCoin and post my assessment and I believe I have sufficiently covered what needed to be covered. I've been at this a long time, I've been through ups/downs, created and managed my own coin, and been faced with almost every possible situation. My general trading experience goes back over a decade. I strongly believe something needs to be done to slow the slide and even more needs to be done to reverse it. If you continue down this same path, SilkCoin will fail; that would be unfortunate because the last thing we need are more failed altcoins.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:22:51 AM

Whitepaper released, price is down. Whats the deal guys?
anarchyx

Activity: 480

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

Really it's not worth worrying about.  The fact is they weren't being deceptive because at launch premine really was the 2%.  It only looks like 4% after the decrease in coins.  Doing that not only doubled their premine, but everyone else in this forum that mined before the change as well!

So why complain? we all mined 2x the % that we thought...it's all relative.  Dev is doing a kick ass job and deserves even more than that.  Just my 2 cents though.
bholzer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:25:53 AM

Also wanted to add that I'm not suggesting you drop everything and buy my coin because it's perfect - I'm trying to turn the ship around on Murraycoin as well and I face a major uphill battle myself. My business model relied too heavily on third parties that didn't come through and now I'm paying the price; 5 months after launch, I'm in a rebuilding phase trying to get back on the map. It is my first and only coin and I have learned from experience; while I will often give advance on what not to invest in I never give advice on what to invest in. I've had a lot of fun making it and meeting the members of my community but I would never suggest anybody put their life savings into Murraycoin  Cheesy

Just didn't want anybody to get the wrong idea. Take care guys - that SilkCoin Qt wallet is slick and a great cornerstone of SilkCoin without a doubt. I wish you all the best (you'll get this figured out).

Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: