Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:14:39 PM

• Why the 2% premine?
    We thought about it for a while and decided a premine was mandatory for the success of the coin. First it helps distribution as does the 2 POW phases, a fact that is widely criticized with POS cryptos featuring 1 distribution stage, 50% premine, ipos...
    Then have a look at all the dying 0 premine coins trying in vain to raise community bounties (yes blackcoin is an exception and a amazing coin and we wish all the best for them).

I haven't read through this entire thread yet but hopefully somebody has called this dev on his BS. 2,005,000 coins were premined out of a total of 45,000,000 PoW coins. That is a 4.46% premine - claiming it is 2% is a blatant lie! Premined coins receive PoS just like all of the other coins so how in the hell does one get away with saying they only premined 2%? Coin after coin are running this same scam and somehow people keep falling for it. Guess what will happen to the price on MintPal after the dev dumps his massive share of the coins in circulation? For a little preview, go check out the "max" Yellowcoin charts on MintPal (they ran the exact same BS) - that's what will happen to the value. If the developer was honest and upfront it would be a different story but they're blatantly lying about a "2% premine." Right now, their premine represents 50% of all coins in existence and they will have unloaded all of them and be long gone before their share sees any significant erosion.

• When will the built-in block explorer be fully finished?
    Main functions are here so currently it is not in progress. But expect a lot of changes in the new version coming out before the second POW phase.

Why launch the coin before this "big feature" is even finished? What was the rush? Why not complete the wallet and then launch it. The answer is obvious: The dev is hoping to have an opportunity to dump everything without having to do any actual work. I expect no changes in the new version - if there even is a new version, it will only be because the dev still hasn't had a chance to unload their premine. Smart money is that this coin will be officially dead within 14 days of trading on MintPal and anybody left holding will be pissed.

Take a look at my track record - I haven't been wrong yet. Buy into this piece of crap and you're taking a HUGE gamble that you can dump before the dev does. By supporting this coin, you're doing nothing more than lining the pockets of a lazy, greedy conman who has already lied to you.

Your right you HAVE NOT looked at the entire thread...

The reason the percentage increased is because we HALVED the block reward in the 2nd POW to strike a balance on what our community wanted and a fair distribution model that we had originally decided upon.

originally it was 2% to pay for future services ( IE oculus rift 2 at poloniex) and most of the premine is still in place for the future expansion of Silkcoin.

The slick GUI and features is enough for now with more to come , did u miss out on cheap coins, are you a bagholder for another coin?

stop spreading FUD

If the DEv dumped the coins you propose then the market has handled it extremely well , as the price has hovered at 5-5.5k for a while now .. GO SILKCOIN

Trezi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

The long term prospects for the coin are incredibly strong.  Simply look at the wallet and know the amount work ALREADY done and KNOW they are working on more.  

Yes - they modified the default design in Qt Designer - it's a commendable effort because it certainly looks better than the average wallet but it doesn't take a genius to essentially drag-and-drop and use CSS (it's all styled with CSS).

The long-term prospects for this coin are over - the short-term prospects are that the dev just unloaded about 100 BTC worth of premined SC today and will unload the rest of it before the week is over. This coin was dead the second it hit MintPal because everybody is here for the exact same reason: to sell as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, nobody has the ability to unload like the dev does. Like I mentioned earlier - go take a look at the Yellowcoin chart (max) on MintPal - SC will match up almost exactly with it. So if you want to know the best time to sell I urge you to use that chart as a guide. In fact, it's possible it's the same dev. This guy is making $100k/pop and moving on to the next sucker coin.

You are so extremely thoughtful / caring about the money of others... and of course you only wish the best for them... oh dear!
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:16:04 PM

• Why the 2% premine?
    We thought about it for a while and decided a premine was mandatory for the success of the coin. First it helps distribution as does the 2 POW phases, a fact that is widely criticized with POS cryptos featuring 1 distribution stage, 50% premine, ipos...
    Then have a look at all the dying 0 premine coins trying in vain to raise community bounties (yes blackcoin is an exception and a amazing coin and we wish all the best for them).

I haven't read through this entire thread yet but hopefully somebody has called this dev on his BS. 2,005,000 coins were premined out of a total of 45,000,000 PoW coins. That is a 4.46% premine - claiming it is 2% is a blatant lie! Premined coins receive PoS just like all of the other coins so how in the hell does one get away with saying they only premined 2%? Coin after coin are running this same scam and somehow people keep falling for it. Guess what will happen to the price on MintPal after the dev dumps his massive share of the coins in circulation? For a little preview, go check out the "max" Yellowcoin charts on MintPal (they ran the exact same BS) - that's what will happen to the value. If the developer was honest and upfront it would be a different story but they're blatantly lying about a "2% premine." Right now, their premine represents 50% of all coins in existence and they will have unloaded all of them and be long gone before their share sees any significant erosion.

Main functions are here so currently it is not in progress. But expect a lot of changes in the new version coming out before the second POW phase.

Why launch the coin before this "big feature" is even finished? What was the rush? Why not complete the wallet and then launch it. The answer is obvious: The dev is hoping to have an opportunity to dump everything without having to do any actual work. I expect no changes in the new version - if there even is a new version, it will only be because the dev still hasn't had a chance to unload their premine. Smart money is that this coin will be officially dead within 14 days of trading on MintPal and anybody left holding will be pissed.

Take a look at my track record - I haven't been wrong yet. Buy into this piece of crap and you're taking a HUGE gamble that you can dump before the dev does. By supporting this coin, you're doing nothing more than lining the pockets of a lazy, greedy conman who has already lied to you.

The reason the percentage increased is because we HALVED the block reward in the 2nd POW to strike a balance on what our community wanted and a fair distribution model that we had originally decided upon.

originally it was 2% to pay for future services ( IE oculus rift 2 at poloniex) and most of the premine is still in place for the future expansion of Silkcoin.

The slick GUI and features is enough for now with more to come , did u miss out on cheap coins, are you a bagholder for another coin?

stop spreading FUD

You halved the block reward in the 2nd PoW phase? How convenient for the premine. Most of the premine is in place? Most of the premine was dumped on MintPal (and a big chunk of it even before MintPal) - I have access to the block explorer too, you know.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:17:33 PM

guys, wait  pump SC for tomorrow on the mintpal
SC fly to the sky! as ATOMIC ROCKET!!!

An atomic rocket that will continue down further and further as the dev unloads the last of his premine (which currently represents 50% of the minted coins). Congrats on helping to line his pockets.

GET OUT NOW - even if your'e selling for a loss the price will never be higher than this. You wait - you lose. I promise.

Always the same / as soon as a coin gets attention the trolls come out and spread FUD

FUD? I'm just telling you the facts. Hold and you will lose. I guarantee it. I guaranteed the Yellowcoin guys the same thing and got a lot of hate for it but guess what? Some of them lost their life savings on it. No legitimate coin has a (nearly) 5% premine. None. Never has been and never will be. The longer you hold the more you lose. It's a simple fact.

Looking through your past posts that is all you seem to do is post FUD. You don't seem to have any care for any coin so why bother even being on these forums then? Hmmm, I wonder.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:18:22 PM

We're arguing with a guy who wanted people to buy Bill Fucking Murray Coin, I mean come on, he is a clown.
Quantum12

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:18:29 PM

Your initial argument was that the DEV had lied and said 2% and it was actually 4% .. i showed you by facts and reason why this is the case and yet you try to peddle it as a subterfuge..which it is not..

Go peddle your hate elsewhere and stop trying to lower the price because you missed out..

Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:18:38 PM

• Why the 2% premine?

stop spreading FUD

You halved the block reward in the 2nd PoW phase? How convenient for the premine. Most of the premine is in place? Most of the premine was dumped on MintPal (and a big chunk of it even before MintPal) - I have access to the block explorer too, you know.

The community decided to halve the block reward, not the devs.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:19:15 PM

Just did a small SC article about the MintPal addition

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/silkcoin-added-to-mintpal-brings-200-bitcoin-trading-volume-in-mere-hours

Please share, some donations would be welcome too for this...10th? or so SilkCoin article Smiley
MEGAman

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

The long term prospects for the coin are incredibly strong.  Simply look at the wallet and know the amount work ALREADY done and KNOW they are working on more.  

Yes - they modified the default design in Qt Designer - it's a commendable effort because it certainly looks better than the average wallet but it doesn't take a genius to essentially drag-and-drop and use CSS (it's all styled with CSS).

The long-term prospects for this coin are over - the short-term prospects are that the dev just unloaded about 100 BTC worth of premined SC today and will unload the rest of it before the week is over. This coin was dead the second it hit MintPal because everybody is here for the exact same reason: to sell as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, nobody has the ability to unload like the dev does. Like I mentioned earlier - go take a look at the Yellowcoin chart (max) on MintPal - SC will match up almost exactly with it. So if you want to know the best time to sell I urge you to use that chart as a guide. In fact, it's possible it's the same dev. This guy is making $100k/pop and moving on to the next sucker coin.

You are so extremely thoughtful / caring about the money of others... and of course you only wish the best for them... oh dear!

Okay - well I'm done here. Just remember that I tried to help you. Keep holding and see what happens. It's frustrating because it's so obvious and I really don't understand how these cons are continually executed. So many suckers. I hope you all learn from this in the end and stop allowing yourselves to be scammed. I'm sure I sound like an asshole right now but 2-3 weeks from now when you realize I was right and you're still holding on to a thread of hope and a heavy bag of "silkcoin" think of it like this: you learned a lesson for cheaper than it would have cost you to get a degree. No matter how much money you lose on Silkcoin, it will end up being a cheap lesson. Just make sure you learn from it - don't let the education go to waste and keep feeding these lazy con artists over and over. Education is the enemy of evil.
Quantum12

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:21:47 PM

Just did a small SC article about the MintPal addition

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/silkcoin-added-to-mintpal-brings-200-bitcoin-trading-volume-in-mere-hours

Please share, some donations would be welcome too for this...10th? or so SilkCoin article Smiley

nice article i have read everyone you have ever done

Q
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:22:07 PM

MEGAMan, go clutch your Murraycoin bags tight to sleep at night.
Quantum12

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:22:37 PM

Okay - well I'm done here. Just remember that I tried to help you. Keep holding and see what happens. It's frustrating because it's so obvious and I really don't understand how these cons are continually executed. So many suckers. I hope you all learn from this in the end and stop allowing yourselves to be scammed. I'm sure I sound like an asshole right now but 2-3 weeks from now when you realize I was right and you're still holding on to a thread of hope and a heavy bag of "silkcoin" think of it like this: you learned a lesson for cheaper than it would have cost you to get a degree. No matter how much money you lose on Silkcoin, it will end up being a cheap lesson. Just make sure you learn from it - don't let the education go to waste and keep feeding these lazy con artists over and over. Education is the enemy of evil.

Ok thanx for your input goodbye..
MEGAman

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:23:20 PM

The dev premined 2,005,000 coins so what does that say about the intelligence of this community? They say altcoins are their community so what does that say about Silkcoin? I rest my case. If you disagree with me now come back in 3 weeks  Wink
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:25:16 PM

The dev premined 2,005,000 coins so what does that say about the intelligence of this community? They say altcoins are their community so what does that say about Silkcoin? I rest my case. If you disagree with me now come back in 3 weeks  Wink

Most certainly will, see you in 3 weeks. I have my calendar marked to PM and or reply to MEGAman
Quantum12

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

Its all only ever been used for marketing, and the addresses its stored in are publicly available to view..  

Hang on thought you were leaving ... goodbye
Trezi

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

The long term prospects for the coin are incredibly strong.  Simply look at the wallet and know the amount work ALREADY done and KNOW they are working on more. 

Just one thing...

Hating idiots since 1981

You should change this ... because nobody will believe your help. What a tragical figure you are!
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

Just a quick update about the premine since it's been a while Wink. There's about 1 150 000 left on the 2 000 000 and it was 2% of 100 million at first. You can check here to get the premine wallets address.

And really who cares if it's not 2% since we're distributing all of it? Even more, we pay in bitcoins when we can to make the premine last you can ask team members Wink (the occulus is not paid with silkcoins by the way regarding the last posts).
Also, more than 200k were spent only for the mintpal campaign and you know there's a lot more than that going on and a lot more people to pay.

Anyway make your own judgement, we've been here for a while now you can judge us on what we've done and given Wink. Enough talk about the FUDsters.
Ps : btw you could've bought 2million for less than 10btc, it spiked down to ~350sat a lot of times in the early stages, don't be mad you're late and join the party!

--

Other subject, we wanted to say a big THANKS to the community and don't forget the team members, Wulfcastle, Quantum12, Judge Crypto, Karudea they have been helping and supporting us since start, nothing would've been possible without them.

We just have a great community, this thread has been one of the most positive thread I've ever seen.

On the dev side, expect some news coming in early next week Wink (we didn't expect MintPal integration so soon), everything is coming in place and we got absolutely no major problems since start so it's all coming in nicely.
MEGAman

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

I haven't made jack shit on Murraycoin and it's not even a significant part of my portfolio. I like Murraycoin because guess what? The dev has been around the crypto scene for over a year and is still around 5 months after Murraycoin was launched. The dev is actually a legitimate guy who has other successful businesses and I respect him. Also, he has a plan and I love Bill Murray. No premine and no pump-and-dump. The dev has been to Chive meetups and gives coins away, he gives crypto presentations, gives away T-shirts. Murraycoin represents everything that is good about cryptocurrency even if it isn't going to make anybody rich overnight. Would I suggest you go spend your life savings on Murraycoin? Of course not. I'm holding what I have and we'll see what happens but just because I like honest coins and honest people and despise lazy con-men like the Silkcoin dev doesn't mean everything I pick is going to make me a millionaire. I never went in with delusions I'd be an overnight millionaire. I'm not interested in fly-by-night devs that dump their coin down into a deep grave with their massive premines first chance they get - I'm interested in honest coins with a long-term future and I feel good supporting honest developers that actually care about their community. I'm sure that makes me a bad guy here since that's the opposite of Silkcoin but in most places that would be considered common sense.
Quantum12

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:35:59 PM

I haven't made jack shit on Murraycoin and it's not even a significant part of my portfolio. I like Murraycoin because guess what? The dev has been around the crypto scene for over a year and is still around 5 months after Murraycoin was launched. The dev is actually a legitimate guy who has other successful businesses and I respect him. Also, he has a plan and I love Bill Murray. No premine and no pump-and-dump. The dev has been to Chive meetups and gives coins away, he gives crypto presentations, gives away T-shirts. Murraycoin represents everything that is good about cryptocurrency even if it isn't going to make anybody rich overnight. Would I suggest you go spend your life savings on Murraycoin? Of course not. I'm holding what I have and we'll see what happens but just because I like honest coins and honest people and despise lazy con-men like the Silkcoin dev doesn't mean everything I pick is going to make me a millionaire. I never went in with delusions I'd be an overnight millionaire. I'm not interested in fly-by-night devs that dump their coin down into a deep grave with their massive premines first chance they get - I'm interested in honest coins with a long-term future and I feel good supporting honest developers that actually care about their community. I'm sure that makes me a bad guy here since that's the opposite of Silkcoin but in most places that would be considered common sense.

pls learn how to use paragraphs... i did not even read what you posted because it is not legible.

Q
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:39:38 PM

On the dev side, expect some news coming in early next week Wink

White paper for the Eco-System?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: