Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:06:14 AM

Voting Reminder! -- https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SC

13th place and closing in on 12th quickly. Votes are piling in faster than ever, keep the momentum going! Also, have you subscribed to the subreddit? Please do!

http://www.reddit.com/r/silkcoinofficial/

Facebook and Twitter are BILLION dollar organizations.  I hate the way they censor.  A truly free Silk Coin social media network would make each coin worth hundreds of dollars....

Judge Crypto

PS... when people figure this out ... getting your hands on silk coin will be like trying to buy Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:15:00 AM

This second POW phase... when does it end and when will POS start?  Sorry if this has already been asked a thousand times lol
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:17:29 AM

This second POW phase... when does it end and when will POS start?  Sorry if this has already been asked a thousand times lol

The 2nd PoW starts at Block 50,000

We are at block 46,825...

The block times are about 1 block per minute so there are roughly 1440 blocks per day.  So the second PoW starts in a little over 2 days.  It shall end 10,000 blocks later or in about 7 days (1440 * 7 =  ~10,000) after it starts.

If you have the silk coin client you can view the current block under the statistics tab.

Judge Crypto
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:21:38 AM

This second POW phase... when does it end and when will POS start?  Sorry if this has already been asked a thousand times lol

The block times are about 1 block per minute so there are roughly 1440 blocks per day.  So the second PoW starts in a little over 2 days.  It shall end 10,000 blocks later or in about 7 days (1440 * 7 =  ~10,000) after it starts.

If you have the silk coin client you can view the current block under the statistics tab.

Judge Crypto

Thanks!  Do you think that people will for the most part hold back from buying until closer towards the end of that second POW?  Won't there be some sell off during this second POW phase?  I'm assuming if that's true, I shouldn't get in until closer towards the end of the second POW phase?  I'm just trying to figure out when to get in.
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:30:57 AM

Judge Crypto

Thanks!  Do you think that people will for the most part hold back from buying until closer towards the end of that second POW?  Won't there be some sell off during this second POW phase?  I'm assuming if that's true, I shouldn't get in until closer towards the end of the second POW phase?  I'm just trying to figure out when to get in.

I've been with SC since the first PoW, and I've stashed a good amount but I was hoping to double what I have now during the 2nd PoW. But then things changed; the block reward was halved and the awareness of SilkCoin seems to be growing. Several popular twitter traders/advisors/pumpers (whatever you like to consider them) have already mentioned that they're accumulating SC, and their followers are beginning to do the same. I've been holding off on accumulation because I got my current stack under 1k, and was hoping the 2nd PoW would create another great buying opportunity... but I'm starting to worry. Not about SilkCoin, quite the opposite - I'm beginning to worry that waiting was a mistake and the 2nd PoW might not create as big of a dip as I thought it would.

I still think there's a good chance - if we stay in the 2k prices - I still think we might see sub 2k prices during mining, at least periodically during dumps. But, it all really comes down to how popular the 2nd phase is. If it's quiet, it means fewer people got bigger stacks, and so dumps are more likely. If the 2nd PoW is hugely popular - and not just because of multipools - then we could actually see a price rise during the 2nd PoW.

The past couple weeks I've been eyeing 2nd PoW as a sure bet for cheap coins, but with the block change and the recent social momentum SC is getting, I'm not all that sure anymore. It will be interesting, to say the least. Glad I already got some!

Thanks for the response!  I'll probably be buying a little tonight then and see what happens.
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:34:43 AM

Judge Crypto

Honestly, the logical view at first glance is to wait until the second PoW to buy.  To me in my analysis the best thing to do is to buy half now and try to time the low during the second PoW.  I can tell you that even now Silk Coin is an extreme bargain.  While you may be able to get better deals in the second PoW, you also may not be able to.  It may go up if there are enough people waiting on the sidelines.  I do believe that the price is depressed because people are waiting to buy and that is already factored into the price.

There will be approx 15 Million coins created during the second pow.

If 345 People each throw in 1 BTC during the second PoW @ 2300 Satoshi, it would completely absorb ALL the new coins.  There is pent up purchase power out there since many like you are waiting.  I have held a majority of my coins even though I could gamble and sell them all and try to buy them back on the downside.  My fear is that I may never get them back if I try to sell them now.  Will there be at least 345 people willing to invest 1 BTC with all the innovations in the wallet and the news in their upcoming white paper, which they have a team of devs working on.  I am betting so...

Do what feels right to you and never second guess it! Smiley

Judge Crypto

FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:58:37 AM

The white paper we're writing is exclusively about the "eco-sytem" because with this system as I told earlier, almost anything can be decentralized, once again Satoshi's greastest invention was the blockchain not the currency.

It's great to see coin developers who understand this (emphasized point).
Looking forward to see where this takes us.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:10:16 AM

Judge Crypto

Honestly, the logical view at first glance is to wait until the second PoW to buy.  To me in my analysis the best thing to do is to buy half now and try to time the low during the second PoW.  I can tell you that even now Silk Coin is an extreme bargain.  While you may be able to get better deals in the second PoW, you also may not be able to.  It may go up if there are enough people waiting on the sidelines.  I do believe that the price is depressed because people are waiting to buy and that is already factored into the price.

If 345 People each throw in 1 BTC during the second PoW @ 2300 Satoshi, it would completely absorb ALL the new coins.  There is pent up purchase power out there since many like you are waiting.  I have held a majority of my coins even though I could gamble and sell them all and try to buy them back on the downside.  My fear is that I may never get them back if I try to sell them now.  Will there be at least 345 people willing to invest 1 BTC with all the innovations in the wallet and the news in their upcoming white paper, which they have a team of devs working on.  I am betting so...

Judge Crypto

I have been thinking about SC price for the last few days. I got lucky to pick up some on dips the other day.
I agree with the above. Fully mined right now the market cap sits at around 750k USD. That is including 15 million more coins coming.

This is a 1-2 million dollar coin at least in my opinion (for all obvious reasons stated previously). I am saying this even without buying my full "silk bag" yet because I think during the
final PoW there should be enough coins for me and everyone. Will see.

kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:17:22 AM

Judge Crypto

Judge Crypto

I have been thinking about SC price for the last few days. I got lucky to pick up some on dips the other day.
I agree with the above. Fully mined right now the market cap sits at around 750k USD. That is including 15 million more coins coming.

This is a 1-2 million dollar coin at least in my opinion (for all obvious reasons stated previously). I am saying this even without buying my full "silk bag" yet because I think during the
final PoW there should be enough coins for me and everyone. Will see.

I just bought about 5000 on Poloniex at 2500.  Right after I bought the price jumped to 2800 lol  If it keeps going up I'm glad I got in when I did.
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:48:38 AM

Keeping an eye on this bad boy. Huge potential

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
BitcoinKiosk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:04:01 AM

Holding. Like others have said, the price is a bargain right now. If we do get a small pullback from miners dumping I will pick up evenmore.
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:21:43 AM

This will have a few mill market cap within a week. All the signs are showing. I keep trying to buy in lower but nobody wants to sell cheap -_- with devs like this, anythings possible. Solid coin. Solid investment.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:43:40 AM

I think creativity along with the desire to do something new for the industry combined with good coin specs and a great dev team pretty much will always make a win in Crypto.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 09:03:48 AM

Don't forget to vote! We are only 150 votes away from moving up to 12th!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SC

We just passed 9000 votes!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 09:08:29 AM

Everyone when you have a chance, take a look at our new introductory video into SilkCoin

Introducing Operation Shock & Awe

What is Operation Shock & Awe?

Operation Shock & Awe is the internal name for a social initiative spearheaded through a series of giveaways from various outlets. The aim of operation shock and awe is to do a blitz of SilkCoin and get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin, download our wallet, learn about our features and in the process get listed on further exchanges.

How will Operation Shock & Awe work?

Operation Shock & Awe is a 2-part initiative.

Part 1, which is currently underway and will continue all the way through to the 2nd PoW phase, will be used to spread the word around about SilkCoin and in turn get listed on MintPal. This will provide us some stability and foundation going through to the 2nd PoW phase.

Part 2, which will collerate with the start of the 2nd Pow phase, will be a full on social media blitz to get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin. We already have some big crypto names in social media lined up ready for part 2. The names of these social media accounts will be anounced at the start of part 2.

Who are the current participants on Part 1?

All Crypto All Day
CryptoSandwich

Between the 2 above Twitter accounts, they have a following of over 36 000 people. SilkCoin will be tweeted about daily to each of these 36 000 followers.

CryptoSandwich is in charge of our MintPal voting campaign that can be found here : http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0

Each voter will receive 15 SC per vote. There are additional prizes which include a 15 000 SC grand prize to the person who votes the most along with 2 500 SC prizes each for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place voters

What can I do to help?

1. Vote for us on MintPal and post here : http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0 to claim your 15 SC rewards
2. Retweet this : https://twitter.com/CryptoSandwich/status/470789069430333443 with the handle #silkcoin
3. Retweet all #silkcoin tweets from All Crypto All Day
4. Tweet what you like most about Silkcoin with the handle #silkcoin

*This is the first of many announcements to come.

a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:46:21 AM

Damn it, I sold 15K of Silk for cheap about 3 days ago.... hmmm wasn't one of my brightest idea's  Shocked

Anyway currently the hype in Cryptoland is for sure Anon; Darkcoin, XC, Vericoin, etc

I do see why they are "gaining"  interest but why invest a lot of "dev's"  effort into something that can be a simple "add-on" to a coin. I mean to say, there are several solutions which all still have issue's and are not flawless, in my opinion all the solution are overdoing it and solving a question that does not really exist (maybe I misunderstand it all). When I want to be Anon, why I don't just create a new wallet address and put my coins there? Who would be able to find out to which wallet address the coins belong, when I have more than 10 addresses nobody can see who I am and how much coins I really have..... or am I not getting it?

This all changes when we  start to use the Eco-system, if I understand that correctly. We will all have a nickname which allows us to simply transfer coins from one and another using our nicknames. So when I borrow money I can simply ask their nickname and transfer to that address instead to the long address that is generated normally. THEN the Anon feature will nice to have, but it should simply be an addition to the wallet. So my family / friends won't be able to find out how much money I have, however why invest so much effort into something that is currently created as an opensource add-on to the protocol?

This is just how I see it, hopefully I am not talking crap here and do have some understanding of it all....?

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 10:36:27 AM

For those of you paying attention to the markets. This is a prime example of how market demand will push the price forward regardless of sell walls. At Poloniex we are now currently at 3000 Satoshis, a triple top is now being formed, which could indicate a potential breakout above the 3000 price level.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:37:26 AM

Holding. Like others have said, the price is a bargain right now. If we do get a small pullback from miners dumping I will pick up evenmore.

This +1
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:46:16 AM

ya nice rise
3,5k sat
next step 35k Cheesy
than 350k Cheesy
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

That is nice to see !  But be careful - 15 000 000 new coins will be added and dumped for the most part.  I do guess most actual buyers are new to SilkCoin and they are welcome !  But I don't want them to get burned when price will drop big time when PoW start in 2 days.  At least they should avoid "panic sell" when it happens (if it happen, who know).  Silkcoin will be added to Mintpal probably in 2 weeks +-, at this moment the PoW will be over (yeah!) and the coins value will rise-back probably higher then ever.

Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: