Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Razkin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:26:51 PM

I find this coin interesting from a creative perspective although I'm not sure why other than the slick website and clear market momentum.  If I may ask a moronic Monday question about POS.  How is POS any different from a instamined scam coin if the POW stage ends so quickly that the distribution is definitely consolidated to a bunch of greedy SOBs?

SilkCoin had 2 PoW phases to ensure that there was a good distribution of the coins. The first PoW phase was pre-announced, allowing miners enough time to regroup their resources to mine SilkCoin. After the initial PoW phase there was a one month phase of full PoS.

This month long PoS phase allowed us time to build a proper foundation for SilkCoin before the second PoW phase and hence SilkCoin had grown a lot more popular and had garnered a lot more attention and visibility than in the first PoW phase.

This meant that there were far more miners in the second PoW phase leading to better distribution of the coin supply. Evidence as to the distribution can be found here : http://explorer.silk-coin.com/richlist/ where you can see how well distributed SC is.

OK just being the devils advocate here yes the distribution is fairly even according to that list but just 403 wallets.  Is that all the interest ATM in creative and slick alt coins with clear technical prowess behind them.  I would think the bare minimum number to find at leaat 2000 unique and verified individual wallets to be called fairly distributed in my book, but I guess I may be a overly optimistic type person.

There are +/- 1100 wallets with a balance of 1000 or more and another 1000 with >1 sc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inoknow

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:58:00 PM

Not much to say, to buy a 70K SC expressed support mintpal
Translated from google translate.
I can't posted image

CODE   COIN NAME   AVAILABLE BALANCE   PENDING DEPOSITS   PENDING WITHDRAWALS   HELD FOR ORDERS
SC   SilkCoin   38993.76313932   0.00000000   0.00000000   32383.40783040   Actions  Expand
Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:58:59 PM

afternoon all ! excited about tomo's update?

I am

Q
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:04:32 PM

Hey all.

Just want to thank the dev here for sending the pm for my question earlier.
Looking forward to the coming days.

Peace!
Boestin
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:06:01 PM

I find this coin interesting from a creative perspective although I'm not sure why other than the slick website and clear market momentum.  If I may ask a moronic Monday question about POS.  How is POS any different from a instamined scam coin if the POW stage ends so quickly that the distribution is definitely consolidated to a bunch of greedy SOBs?

SilkCoin had 2 PoW phases to ensure that there was a good distribution of the coins. The first PoW phase was pre-announced, allowing miners enough time to regroup their resources to mine SilkCoin. After the initial PoW phase there was a one month phase of full PoS.

This month long PoS phase allowed us time to build a proper foundation for SilkCoin before the second PoW phase and hence SilkCoin had grown a lot more popular and had garnered a lot more attention and visibility than in the first PoW phase.

This meant that there were far more miners in the second PoW phase leading to better distribution of the coin supply. Evidence as to the distribution can be found here : http://explorer.silk-coin.com/richlist/ where you can see how well distributed SC is.

OK just being the devils advocate here yes the distribution is fairly even according to that list but just 403 wallets.  Is that all the interest ATM in creative and slick alt coins with clear technical prowess behind them.  I would think the bare minimum number to find at leaat 2000 unique and verified individual wallets to be called fairly distributed in my book, but I guess I may be a overly optimistic type person.

yes as razkin says above

3161 addresses with balance greater than 0 seen on the network:
   <from rich list
Franky2010

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:16:25 PM

Great coin, short time will show that...what make SilkyCoin strong, is DEV team and community...who dont like, can find other coin, we like - that is why we hold.  Smiley

zkaraca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:03:37 PM

Great coin, short time will show that...what make SilkyCoin strong, is DEV team and community...who dont like, can find other coin, we like - that is why we hold.  Smiley
Who's we? A lot of people sold when it hit 8000 and you should have done so too Wink
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:08:16 PM

Where are the real people invested in Silkcoin that aren't part of this scam?

Evidence this is a scam.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653509.0

It's absolutely a scam. Same format as the other scams, same design, and, yes - the voice-over sounds identical. I'm not an FBI audio analyst or anything but I have high quality speakers (and massive ears). If it wasn't a scam why would they lie about the size of the premine? On that note, why would the premine be so massive? Why do people keep insisting the entire premine is accounted for when it isn't?!

People question my motives for being vocal - I'm sick of seeing people get ripped off! I'm sick of seeing the bad guys win over and over and over! They aren't even being clever about it! Clearly, they don't need to! Once you trickle enough free coins out to people they defend the coin to the death to protect their investments. Nobody invested in this coin known jack shit about cryptocurrency, general currency, or economics - it's perfect for a scam! They're getting robbed in plain site and they're happy about it.

Honestly, at this point, if you don't personally know a coin dev of a new PoS coin you can ASSUME it's a scam. Guilty until proven innocent - don't just jump in wallet first! Do some research! Here's another red flag: any coin that has over a 1% premine - no matter how many they claim to give away and whatnot (pretty simple to fake) isn't a good investment. This coin had nearly 5x that which is crazy for a coin going PoS only. Quit making these guys rich at your expense! They're ruining cryptocurrency and hurting legitimate coins and legitimate developers. These guys have done this multiple times - be mad at the robbers not the people begging you to use your head and open your eyes!

I dealt with identical responses and the same levels of anger with DaMaCoin and Yellowcoin and many others. They all ended up nearly worthless just as quickly as I predicted but somehow we're the bad guys? You will lose money holding this and it's up to you guys to decide how much you're willing to lose. There are more Silkcoins out there right now than Litecoins - nobody is going to be able to "pump" this for one last big dump. The sooner you dump the better. Why not dump half just in case I'm right? If I'm wrong, prove your trade to me and I will pay you the difference. I'm that confident.

I have done the research as a normal investor that has been burned by Gox, Whitecoin, and a few others. I think I know now what to look for and honestly, this coin has legs. It has good dev, technicals and trades well. Carry your message to DRK, XC and CINNI for pump and dumps. This is not one of those coins.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
gorillajam

Activity: 98

win

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:14:15 PM

Evidence this is a scam.

It's absolutely a scam. Same format as the other scams, same design, and, yes - the voice-over sounds identical. I'm not an FBI audio analyst or anything but I have high quality speakers (and massive ears). If it wasn't a scam why would they lie about the size of the premine? On that note, why would the premine be so massive? Why do people keep insisting the entire premine is accounted for when it isn't?!

People question my motives for being vocal - I'm sick of seeing people get ripped off! I'm sick of seeing the bad guys win over and over and over! They aren't even being clever about it! Clearly, they don't need to! Once you trickle enough free coins out to people they defend the coin to the death to protect their investments. Nobody invested in this coin known jack shit about cryptocurrency, general currency, or economics - it's perfect for a scam! They're getting robbed in plain site and they're happy about it.

Honestly, at this point, if you don't personally know a coin dev of a new PoS coin you can ASSUME it's a scam. Guilty until proven innocent - don't just jump in wallet first! Do some research! Here's another red flag: any coin that has over a 1% premine - no matter how many they claim to give away and whatnot (pretty simple to fake) isn't a good investment. This coin had nearly 5x that which is crazy for a coin going PoS only. Quit making these guys rich at your expense! They're ruining cryptocurrency and hurting legitimate coins and legitimate developers. These guys have done this multiple times - be mad at the robbers not the people begging you to use your head and open your eyes!

I dealt with identical responses and the same levels of anger with DaMaCoin and Yellowcoin and many others. They all ended up nearly worthless just as quickly as I predicted but somehow we're the bad guys? You will lose money holding this and it's up to you guys to decide how much you're willing to lose. There are more Silkcoins out there right now than Litecoins - nobody is going to be able to "pump" this for one last big dump. The sooner you dump the better. Why not dump half just in case I'm right? If I'm wrong, prove your trade to me and I will pay you the difference. I'm that confident.

I have done the research as a normal investor that has been burned by Gox, Whitecoin, and a few others. I think I know now what to look for and honestly, this coin has legs. It has good dev, technicals and trades well. Carry your message to DRK, XC and CINNI for pump and dumps. This is not one of those coins.

You seem very knowledgeable about crypto even though your account is only a week old. Impressive.

karudea

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:17:32 PM

Evidence this is a scam.

You seem very knowledgeable about crypto even though your account is only a week old. Impressive.

Plz gorilla just leave the thread, nobody want to listen to you here. Stay on your "i will destroy Siclkcoin suz i suck" thread and leave us in peace plz.
PS. You said that you would leave the thread and you did not. So it shows how trusted you can be.

PS2, sry i know i'm feeding the troll, hitting ignore right now.

SC : BG3CzJmeE33QWpKZn4BbftVEunJZRov2JL
foob6

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

the price on montpal is lower..
fusi0n

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

Don't feed the trolls.

Feed this
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Everyone when you have a chance, take a look at our new introductory video into SilkCoin

Introducing Operation Shock & Awe

What is Operation Shock & Awe?

Operation Shock & Awe is the internal name for a social initiative spearheaded through a series of giveaways from various outlets. The aim of operation shock and awe is to do a blitz of SilkCoin and get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin, download our wallet, learn about our features and in the process get listed on further exchanges.

How will Operation Shock & Awe work?

Operation Shock & Awe is a 2-part initiative.

Part 1, which is currently underway and will continue all the way through to the 2nd PoW phase, will be used to spread the word around about SilkCoin and in turn get listed on MintPal. This will provide us some stability and foundation going through to the 2nd PoW phase.

Part 2, which will collerate with the start of the 2nd Pow phase, will be a full on social media blitz to get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin. We already have some big crypto names in social media lined up ready for part 2. The names of these social media accounts will be anounced at the start of part 2.

Who are the current participants on Part 1?

All Crypto All Day
CryptoSandwich

Between the 2 above Twitter accounts, they have a following of over 36 000 people. SilkCoin will be tweeted about daily to each of these 36 000 followers.

CryptoSandwich is in charge of our MintPal voting campaign that can be found here : http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0

Each voter will receive 15 SC per vote. There are additional prizes which include a 15 000 SC grand prize to the person who votes the most along with 2 500 SC prizes each for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place voters

What can I do to help?

1. Vote for us on MintPal and post here : http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0 to claim your 15 SC rewards
2. Retweet this : https://twitter.com/CryptoSandwich/status/470789069430333443 with the handle #silkcoin
3. Retweet all #silkcoin tweets from All Crypto All Day
4. Tweet what you like most about Silkcoin with the handle #silkcoin

*This is the first of many announcements to come.
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:51:22 PM

Who's we? A lot of people sold when it hit 8000 and you should have done so too Wink

No you should not. Coin can go easily over 10 000 can reach even 30 000. So you just killed your long term bigger profits for a small short ones ,-)))
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:58:08 PM

I dont know if there are really just 403 Wallets but you have to see that Silkcoin is listed on the 4 biggest exchanges (Mintpal,Cryptsy,Poloniex,Bittrex) and most people leave their Coins in the exchanges.
two reasons could be: Small amount of Coins, so staking wouldnt pay out OR someone is using mobile devices/ no stationary Computer.

OK, if I may from an average Joe perspective ask a question about staking. Should I have a wallet with some coins on it and left open? Does that earn me more coins? How many should I have in the wallet to be getting more and more coins? I know I should have coin distributed, which I do across two sites and possible three with cryptsy, but apparently I am one of those folks that is not doing something with the wallet that could earn me more. Is there a document that explains this to the normal investor? I seriously thought staking the coin and the who POW and POS was just for miners. This may ultimately be the confussion in the wallet numbers if there are more "typical" folks like me that are dipping into this with others...

arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

No you should not. Coin can go easily over 10 000 can reach even 30 000. So you just killed your long term bigger profits for a small short ones ,-)))

A lot of panic sellers sold when it hit 8000 and looks like you did too. (-; 

Development enroute.. this coin aint done nothing yet! Cool

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:01:06 PM

Seeing the price of this coin drop like this is very painful.. We need another huge update ASAP to get this coin back on its feet, but as long as dev is active and community still active then price will rise guaranteed in the near future.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:03:04 PM

Seeing the price of this coin drop like this is very painful.. We need another huge update ASAP to get this coin back on its feet, but as long as dev is active and community still active then price will rise guaranteed in the near future.

seeing price drop isn't painful, its profitable... if you know whats coming for silk  (-:

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:04:25 PM

I have been trading coin for a while. I just started to use this forum to try and understand things a little more clear. Based on your immediate assumption about my history, I find anything you say unfounded. I just signed up for a new account on AtlasATS to safe harbor my BTC, does that mean I just found out about the internet? Although I still may be new to a lot of the things developing within the alts, I have done well in the BTC\LTC market. SILK is going to help me understand more about how true ALT work and make my other inveestments grow. I can really teach you things about trading if you want to know, but sounds like you are just trying to be a troll, and quite frankly an ass.

Evidence this is a scam.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:19:49 PM

I dont know if there are really just 403 Wallets but you have to see that Silkcoin is listed on the 4 biggest exchanges (Mintpal,Cryptsy,Poloniex,Bittrex) and most people leave their Coins in the exchanges.
two reasons could be: Small amount of Coins, so staking wouldnt pay out OR someone is using mobile devices/ no stationary Computer.

OK, if I may from an average Joe perspective ask a question about staking. Should I have a wallet with some coins on it and left open? Does that earn me more coins? How many should I have in the wallet to be getting more and more coins? I know I should have coin distributed, which I do across two sites and possible three with cryptsy, but apparently I am one of those folks that is not doing something with the wallet that could earn me more. Is there a document that explains this to the normal investor? I seriously thought staking the coin and the who POW and POS was just for miners. This may ultimately be the confussion in the wallet numbers if there are more "typical" folks like me that are dipping into this with others...

Lots of questions there.

To get the benefits of staking you need to have your wallet open (but encrypted) - it needs to be running as a proper node on the network. Wallets that are not supporting the network do not benefit from staking. Wallets on mobile devices or web wallets don't stake. The amount of coins you get is governed by how many coins you have in the wallet, and how long they have been there. So the more coins you own, the more you get; that is why it is called Proof-of-Stake.

If you keep your coins in an exchange then you don't get the benefits of staking. The exchanges either disable it (because of the administrative nightmare), or keep it themselves, I think one exchange has said publicly that it gives the benefits to the 'real' owner. Ask your exchange what their policy is.

I hope you know that coins kept on an exchange are not secure, they can be hacked, or the exchange can close with no warning, or the exchange can be running a fraud.

wood7

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:20:16 PM

the new wallet was beautiful,lol
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: