Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:39:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
MEGAman

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:08:34 AM

Judge is seriously the biggest loser on this thread.... inducing all the retard fud'ers.... he disgusts me way more than any of the other tards because he has NO conviction, NO spine and NO honor....

Where is the honor in going down with a sinking ship? He realized this thing is toast and informed everybody trying to save as many people as he could - I guess I fail to see your logic here (not that any of you ever made sense to me, really).
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Senth

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:09:46 AM

let's just wait until we get some news from the Dev. panic/name calling doesn't help. let's keep it silky my friends.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:10:45 AM

In other camel news, this is to lighten up the mood here a little. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjdjCfLSSM

This thread got way to confrontational way too quickly.

HAHAHAHA That's awesome.  Thank you.  Definitely takes the edge off.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:12:50 AM

let's just wait until we get some news from the Dev. panic/name calling doesn't help. let's keep it silky my friends.

Yep that was my point.  Well other then the name calling.  Was deserved.

Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:13:07 AM

Hello everyone.

Judgecrypto gave out lots of SC in amount varying from 10-100SC in his chatroom.
He has been a strong supporter and been advertising SC from early.
If he is now concerned and believes it to be a scam then I can imagine that he feels responsible and hence would carry on posting here.

Megaman is quite different and has been posting negatively since the start.
There was an accusation that SC dev used same voice artist as a previous confirmed scam.
This was disproved by communication with said artist by one of the community members.
Furthermore: it came to light that Megaman was attempting extortion (hence getting the negative trust rating.)
This makes taking anything said by him difficult to interpret.
He is possibly quite vested in the destruction of SC purely because then his threat to a next developer about successful extortion will be more likely to work.
Every "scam" that he calls and coin that then falls whether it was a scam or not, strengthens his extortion power.

Reason for public outcry and concern at the moment is still mostly regarding the premine.
I have had a pm from someone regarding the premine and thought I will share publicly. (sorry for not replying directly)
I really don't care about it. It is only a million SC. The person who pm'd me has more than that.
I suspect Judge had more than that.

The only concerning thing would be that if the dev is planning on selling it, it probably means that they are fed up with trying to develop this particular coin (for whatever reason, maybe disillusionment or perhaps hitting a stumbling block they can not overcome, in code or in life). Regardless of the reason, it will make Megaman's prediction true and realize Judge's fears.

Options are:

1. Dev team consists of 5 people.
User:Silkcoin owns the account and could not post today.
User:Silkcoin-DevM creates an account to explain the movement of the coins and updates us on the expected wallet update and reassures everyone that things are still going as planned.
The white paper has been withdrawn for editing since community felt it is incomplete.
The implications of an ecosystem as described in the white paper might seriously affect dev life if successful.
I would not want them to continue if they are not anonymous.
If you wonder why: please look at what is happening to a guy called Kim Dotcom. Devs will almost certainly be held accountable for anything that their wallet makes possible. Including free trade. If it undermines the dollar, they will be in danger. This is also a reason Satoshi needs to stay anonymous.

In this scenario, I can imagine that the dev team might be less interested in a few people who feel cheated because they invested a few BTC and was hoping for a sure bet on a trip to the moon. If things work as they want it to work we will end up with something quite different.

Pro:
-dev team has delivered an innovative wallet (even Megaman admits that much)
-they have updated it with requests from community and did it quite fast
-this illustrates that dev have capability more than just cut and paste
-they released a white paper containing their future plan, no negative comments on the actual content, possible killer feature
-Silkcoin already an established name and on exchanges
-the price fluctuation might mean newcomers get a chance to adopt the coin and it might break monopoly
-all above reasons to stick with Silkcoin rather than starting a new project

Con:
-team member who posted is not known and only has 1 post, no proof that he/she is actually in dev team
-premine could be consolidated on an exchange
-update is late today

Possible resolution and explanation:
1. Dev team releases wallet update by 8pm GMT as expected. This includes Mac compile and possibly previously advertised feature (game/betting/tradebot) which might be the reason for the delay. White paper is in the process of revision and is released on Friday.
User:Silkcoin posts and validates User:Silkcoin-DevM identity.
Some token payout from premine address to reassure community about dev commitment. (This last part not really necessary but a nice-to-have.)

2. Dev stays offline, no new updates and premine is sold. <--- worst case scenario!

Either way:

Hammering on about premine won't make any difference.
Priorities for dev team: 1. protect yourself and your identity. 2. develop coin

The community does not matter, it is nice if people feel a sense of optimism and belonging but we don't actually need a community for the coin to succeed (unless by community you mean a % of the population on earth), we need development and innovation. I would prefer if the dev team don't post and just keep coding. Smiley
The good the community can do is to try and distribute the coin. Sometimes that means scaring the whales and people who hold 1mil SC into selling most so others can get in cheaper. (If everyone has 1mil coins then only 45 people will be in the network. That is not good. The only people who should have that much is the dev fund to help grow the coin.)

TLDR:
If User:Silkcoin posts wallet update at 8pm GMT then all is well and people can relax.
All the angst in this thread is unnecessary and won't make any difference to anyone.

Note to Megaman and Judgecrypto:
Please be careful with any advice.
If there is the slightest chance that you are wrong about the future of the coin and someone sold all their SC (even if it was for profit) and it then shoots up to Darkcoin levels, there will be people who are very unhappy and hold you responsible. Sometimes even the best-meant advice can backfire. Nobody can be 100% sure of anything.

judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:20:48 AM

Hello everyone.

Judgecrypto gave out lots of SC in amount varying from 10-100SC in his chatroom.
If he is now concerned and believes it to be a scam then I can imagine that he feels responsible and hence would carry on posting here.

There was an accusation that SC dev used same voice artist as a previous confirmed scam.
This was disproved by communication with said artist by one of the community members.
Furthermore: it came to light that Megaman was attempting extortion (hence getting the negative trust rating.)
He is possibly quite vested in the destruction of SC purely because then his threat to a next developer about successful extortion will be more likely to work.
Every "scam" that he calls and coin that then falls whether it was a scam or not, strengthens his extortion power.

Reason for public outcry and concern at the moment is still mostly regarding the premine.
I have had a pm from someone regarding the premine and thought I will share publicly. (sorry for not replying directly)
I really don't care about it. It is only a million SC. The person who pm'd me has more than that.

The only concerning thing would be that if the dev is planning on selling it, it probably means that they are fed up with trying to develop this particular coin (for whatever reason, maybe disillusionment or perhaps hitting a stumbling block they can not overcome, in code or in life). Regardless of the reason, it will make Megaman's prediction true and realize Judge's fears.

Options are:

User:Silkcoin-DevM creates an account to explain the movement of the coins and updates us on the expected wallet update and reassures everyone that things are still going as planned.
The white paper has been withdrawn for editing since community felt it is incomplete.
The implications of an ecosystem as described in the white paper might seriously affect dev life if successful.
If you wonder why: please look at what is happening to a guy called Kim Dotcom. Devs will almost certainly be held accountable for anything that their wallet makes possible. Including free trade. If it undermines the dollar, they will be in danger. This is also a reason Satoshi needs to stay anonymous.

In this scenario, I can imagine that the dev team might be less interested in a few people who feel cheated because they invested a few BTC and was hoping for a sure bet on a trip to the moon. If things work as they want it to work we will end up with something quite different.

Pro:
-they released a white paper containing their future plan, no negative comments on the actual content, possible killer feature
-the price fluctuation might mean newcomers get a chance to adopt the coin and it might break monopoly

Con:
-team member who posted is not known and only has 1 post, no proof that he/she is actually in dev team
-update is late today

1. Dev team releases wallet update by 8pm GMT as expected. This includes Mac compile and possibly previously advertised feature (game/betting/tradebot) which might be the reason for the delay. White paper is in the process of revision and is released on Friday.
User:Silkcoin posts and validates User:Silkcoin-DevM identity. Some token payout from premine address to reassure community about dev commitment.

2. Dev stays offline, no new updates and premine is sold. <--- worst case scenario!

Either way:

The community does not matter, it is nice if people feel a sense of optimism and belonging but we don't actually need a community for the coin to succeed (unless by community you mean a % of the population on earth), we need development and innovation. I would prefer if the dev team don't post and just keep coding. Smiley
The good the community can do is to try and distribute the coin. Sometimes that means scaring the whales and people who hold 1mil SC into selling most so others can get in cheaper. (If everyone has 1mil coins then only 45 people will be in the network. That is not good. The only people who should have that much is the dev fund to help grow the coin.)

TLDR:
If User:Silkcoin posts wallet update at 8pm GMT then all is well and people can relax.
All the angst in this thread is unnecessary and won't make any difference to anyone.

If there is the slightest chance that you are wrong about the future of the coin and someone sold all their SC (even if it was for profit) and it then shoots up to Darkcoin levels, there will be people who are very unhappy and hold you responsible. Sometimes even the best-meant advice can backfire. Nobody can be 100% sure of anything.

I agree.... I will be watching thread.  If the coin shows promise I will buy back in.  Hope for the best and good luck everyone. 
arteleis

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:21:41 AM

Hello everyone.

Options are:

Pro:

Con:
-update is late today

User:Silkcoin posts and validates User:Silkcoin-DevM identity. Some token payout from premine address to reassure community about dev commitment.

Either way:

TLDR:

Thank you.  My anger wouldn't allow me to be rational. Fed up with the continuing bs in this thread.  
   I Couldn't have put it better.

Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:24:19 AM

Smiley

I just realized I didn't actually put an option 2.
Well nevermind... it's implied!
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:25:22 AM

@Jacqul

Great post. Appreciate that nice summary.  Wink
cointrader2014

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:26:22 AM

I still like SilkCoin even after being part of this thread! I'm not worried about it at all really... I have no clue what the fuss is over....
gogle

Activity: 104
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:27:50 AM

Hello everyone.

Options are:

Pro:

Con:
-update is late today

Either way:

TLDR:

I agree.... I will be watching thread.  If the coin shows promise I will buy back in.  Hope for the best and good luck everyone. 
waiting for new update.
madalieninvader

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:36:19 AM

Thanks for the summary Jacqul. Had a normalizing effect on the forum.

For some reason Ceaser Millan's dog training advice comes to my mind. "Calm assertive leadership"

crypto currency poker:
https://www.betcoinpoker.ag/
https://nitrogensports.eu/
https://pokershibes.com/
https://sealswithclubs.eu/ (are you coming back seals?)

BURST: http://burstcoin.info/ Mining for everyone, ASIC resistant, wide fair distribution, many features, greener POW, Smart Contracts (Automatic Transactions)

♦  Just-Dice.com  ♦   ♦  1% House Edge Dice Game  ♦   ♦  Play or Invest  ♦
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:58:23 AM

These trolls are really starting to drain me, but all i can say is that its not a better time to buy more SC!

Im placing a buy order right now.  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:03:22 AM

Thanks for the summary Jacqul. Had a normalizing effect on the forum.

For some reason Ceaser Millan's dog training advice comes to my mind. "Calm assertive leadership"

Wow, that post by Jacqul really calmed the masses.  Nice job!
psychocoin

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:08:49 AM

Thanks, Jacqul, I will sleep better now Smiley

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
xnaldax

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:10:24 AM

http://explorer.silk-coin.com/address/B4pBMP1iJJxAJLTMgvT5nHfHnrJedJLrij

premine wallet is staking?
fusi0n

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:15:57 AM

Hello everyone.

Options are:

Pro:

Con:
-update is late today

User:Silkcoin posts and validates User:Silkcoin-DevM identity.
Some token payout from premine address to reassure community about dev commitment. (This last part not really necessary but a nice-to-have.)

Either way:

TLDR:

Jacqul for community manager!  Grin Grin Grin
Spacewide

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:16:53 AM

My wallet closes upon opening.

What's the solution besides deleting the folder in app date?
xnaldax

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:18:33 AM

My wallet closes upon opening.

What's the solution besides deleting the folder in app date?

You have to downgrade to 1.0.9 wallet, because mintpal changed their exchange API Wink
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:22:59 AM

Thanks Jacqul :-)
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: