Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:52:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:33:51 AM

so who is going to back URO price for 1 MT Urea price ? i don't think anyone is capable of doing that in crypto. Look at the buy order at exchange. Its no where near the value of 1 MT Urea.

The NIERs will by signing an ratifying the Uro Protocol which binds members to a clear set of procedures for exchanging Uro for Urea. Currently, we have the following companies on board. More are joining in the coming months.

• Green Earth Systems Limited: Global NIER
  • Urea Trading India Limited: India NIER
  • Crown Team Corporation Limited: China NIER
  • CCL Pillay Group: South Africa NIER

U didnt answer the question. Who is going to back the price ? Who is going to set 1000 BTC buy order at exchange to back the price ? The person or group need to set at least 1000 BTC buy order to back URO price for 1 MT Urea and they have to top up the amount frequently to feed miner. And i dont see anything close happen to any crypto currency because it's not feasible to back a  crypto currency with anything.

Uro is being backed against Urea, not BTC. Please read the announcement carefully without an empty cup and you will understand.

If any of this were even remotely true, then why aren't the companies involved mass-buying every last URO in existence right now in order to profit in the future? I mean, they're companies, right? They like profit, right? So if the companies involved in your venture don't even want to buy at a fraction of a price now what they've committed to paying later, then why should anyone believe you?

i gave it about 3 minutes of thought. wallet didn't sync - i'm out.
hypothetically speaking;
lets say you have a farmer who wants to buy Urea with Uro and he goes to install the wallet from your upcoming website.
he has big clumsy hands and he wants to go feed his pigs, but he has managed to buy some Uro from your exchange and now needs to transfer the Uro to his wallet. (he didn't realise he needed a wallet)
So, he installs the wallet and lo and behold, it won't sync.

his Uro are now stuck between the exchange and a wallet that doesn't sync, meanwhile, price appreciation fluctuation means that he is missing out on a good deal.

Too many real world problems with this, it ain't gonna work until you get a working client that sync's up from initial run without the need to search through pages of FAQ to get it working.

We are releasing an updated wallet with seed nodes embedded soon. An Electrum fork is already in alpha stage and will also be available in the coming months. Yes - I agree its currently not very friendly for a typical farmer - but if you read the OP - you will see that there have been Milestones set to solve these problems.

a typical farmer dont understand bitcoin. How can u expect them to understand URO ? The only way to buy URO is using BTC. There isn't any URO / USD market.

Local wholesalers of Urea will act as points of sale for Uro. Please understand BTC is not our main target - we did not petition Bittrex to add Uro.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:34:15 AM

so who is going to back URO price for 1 MT Urea price ? i don't think anyone is capable of doing that in crypto. Look at the buy order at exchange. Its no where near the value of 1 MT Urea.

The NIERs will by signing an ratifying the Uro Protocol which binds members to a clear set of procedures for exchanging Uro for Urea. Currently, we have the following companies on board. More are joining in the coming months.

U didnt answer the question. Who is going to back the price ? Who is going to set 1000 BTC buy order at exchange to back the price ? The person or group need to set at least 1000 BTC buy order to back URO price for 1 MT Urea and they have to top up the amount frequently to feed miner. And i dont see anything close happen to any crypto currency because it's not feasible to back a  crypto currency with anything.

Uro is being backed against Urea, not BTC. Please read the announcement carefully without an empty cup and you will understand.

u don't understand how crypto works and u dont understand my question.

URO is back by Urea. The price of 1 MT Urea is currently between $300 and $600. BUT i can buy 1 URO at exchange for 0.50 USD right now and possibly in the future. Who is going to back the price of URO at the exchange ?

We are not concerned with the BTC exchange. We are building a Urea exchange. Market forces will naturally affect the value of Uro on the open market exchanges - because naturally, if some one wants to but Urea and the cheapest way is to buy Uro with BTC then by Urea with Uro - then thats is waht they will do - until the price of Uro appreciates to equilibrium value.

Ok. There u go. That is the answer to my question. U finally understand what i am asking.

Therefore, based on your answer, URO is not back by anything but market buy and sell which is exactly the same as any other crypto currencies like Ratcoin , dogecoin , or darkcoin ect. All of them are back by market buy and sell.

Actually you cannot be more wrong. Next Tuesday I will be able to buy 1 MT of Urea with my each of my Uro - try doing that with Dogecoin next Tuesday and see how far you get.

Let see how it goes. I don't think it's going to happen. 1 URO value is 0.50 USD and 1 MT Urea is at least $300. The company selling you real MT Urea will be bankrupt in a day.

You completely underestimate the size of the Urea industry. Understand that just one Urea factory can cost over 1 Billion USD. Now think of how many factories that are in the whole world - then think of how much Urea is being produced daily by these factories - I hope that can help you form a clearer picture of things.

yeah. If this works. I will be a millionaire just by sitting at home mining and farmer working their ass off on the field. Thanks for that.  Cool

i won't because i'm not fooled by it all. Cheesy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:34:57 AM

If any of this were even remotely true, then why aren't the companies involved mass-buying every last URO in existence right now in order to profit in the future? I mean, they're companies, right? They like profit, right? So if the companies involved in your venture don't even want to buy at a fraction of a price now what they've committed to paying later, then why should anyone believe you?

hypothetically speaking;
lets say you have a farmer who wants to buy Urea with Uro and he goes to install the wallet from your upcoming website.
he has big clumsy hands and he wants to go feed his pigs, but he has managed to buy some Uro from your exchange and now needs to transfer the Uro to his wallet. (he didn't realise he needed a wallet)

his Uro are now stuck between the exchange and a wallet that doesn't sync, meanwhile, price appreciation fluctuation means that he is missing out on a good deal.

Too many real world problems with this, it ain't gonna work until you get a working client that sync's up from initial run without the need to search through pages of FAQ to get it working.

We are releasing an updated wallet with seed nodes embedded soon. An Electrum fork is already in alpha stage and will also be available in the coming months. Yes - I agree its currently not very friendly for a typical farmer - but if you read the OP - you will see that there have been Milestones set to solve these problems.

a typical farmer dont understand bitcoin. How can u expect them to understand URO ? The only way to buy URO is using BTC. There isn't any URO / USD market.

Local wholesalers of Urea will act as points of sale for Uro. Please understand BTC is not our main target - we did not petition Bittrex to add Uro.

you made it available, there is where you have fallen at the first hurdle.

gpuminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:35:45 AM

u don't understand how crypto works and u dont understand my question.

URO is back by Urea. The price of 1 MT Urea is currently between $300 and $600. BUT i can buy 1 URO at exchange for 0.50 USD right now and possibly in the future. Who is going to back the price of URO at the exchange ?

We are not concerned with the BTC exchange. We are building a Urea exchange. Market forces will naturally affect the value of Uro on the open market exchanges - because naturally, if some one wants to but Urea and the cheapest way is to buy Uro with BTC then by Urea with Uro - then thats is waht they will do - until the price of Uro appreciates to equilibrium value.

Ok. There u go. That is the answer to my question. U finally understand what i am asking.

Therefore, based on your answer, URO is not back by anything but market buy and sell which is exactly the same as any other crypto currencies like Ratcoin , dogecoin , or darkcoin ect. All of them are back by market buy and sell.

Actually you cannot be more wrong. Next Tuesday I will be able to buy 1 MT of Urea with my each of my Uro - try doing that with Dogecoin next Tuesday and see how far you get.

Let see how it goes. I don't think it's going to happen. 1 URO value is 0.50 USD and 1 MT Urea is at least $300. The company selling you real MT Urea will be bankrupt in a day.

You completely underestimate the size of the Urea industry. Understand that just one Urea factory can cost over 1 Billion USD. Now think of how many factories that are in the whole world - then think of how much Urea is being produced daily by these factories - I hope that can help you form a clearer picture of things.

yeah. If this works. I will be a millionaire just by sitting at home mining and farmer working their ass off on the field. Thanks for that.  Cool

i won't because i'm not fooled by it all. Cheesy

I only spend a couple of dollar each day for electricity to mine it. I mean, i will do that once there is some fool buying the coin, i will start mining.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:35:59 AM

raskul: Please present evidence that I am lying, or otherwise stop you defamation. Everything I have written on this forum is true. Please not that the announcement have been reorganized in a way that makes it clear that the 4 international companies mentioned are already official members of the foundation - and not "applying" as you tried to smear.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
gpuminer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:36:45 AM

hypothetically speaking;

you made it available, there is where you have fallen at the first hurdle.

Like i told him. He doesnt understand how crypto works.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:37:02 AM

raskul: Please present evidence that I am lying, or otherwise stop you defamation. Everything I have written on this forum is true.

i didn't state that you are lying. I stated that you have made errors.

majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:37:21 AM

raskul: Please present evidence that I am lying, or otherwise stop you defamation. Everything I have written on this forum is true.

Please present evidence that you're not.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
gpuminer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:37:37 AM

Maybe what u said is true. But it doesnt work on crypto. I guess u dont understand how crypto works. U really don't understand how the whole crypto economy works.

raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:38:33 AM

Maybe what u said is true. But it doesnt work on crypto. I guess u dont understand how crypto works.

the only way this could have worked is as a 100% PoS IPO, or a 100% premine by the board.
my advise would be to rip it up and start again. UreaTokens or something similar.

gpuminer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:39:03 AM

Maybe what u said is true. But it doesnt work on crypto. I guess u dont understand how crypto works.

the only way this could have worked is as a 100% PoS IPO, or a 100% premine by the board.

See. This is someone who knows how crypto works. He should pay you for providing this information.

true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:39:16 AM

You don't understand how a free market works. Stop thinking in narrow, crypto-specific terms and you will better understand what is happening.

true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:41:21 AM

my advise would be to rip it up and start again. UreaTokens or something similar.

The members of the board are coming together to do their part to fend off the incoming food crisis - at their level they no longer think about making it quick buck - this is not like your altcoins - this is a real application of distributed P2P cryptocurrecy technology to solve real world problems.

gpuminer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:41:27 AM

You don't understand how a free market works. Stop thinking in narrow, crypto-specific terms and you will better understand what is happening.

Maybe i dont understand how free market works but i certainly understand how crypto currencies work more than u do. U are using crypto. If u want free market , go back to trading face to face with 1 MT Urea. Why create URO crypto currencies when u dont even understand how it works ?

true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:42:51 AM

Maybe i dont understand how free market works but i certainly understand how crypto currencies work more than u do. U are using crypto. If u want free market , go back to trading face to face with 1 MT Urea. Why create URO crypto currencies when u dont even understand how it works ?

Uro allows Urea to be hedged and traded efficiently without a centralized intermediary - can you think of a better solution?

raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:43:14 AM

<snip> this is not like your altcoins - this is a real application of distributed P2P cryptocurrecy technology to solve real world problems.

it's an altcoin my friend. trust me, it's an altcoin.  Roll Eyes

gpuminer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:43:46 AM

Uro allows Urea to be hedged and traded efficiently without a centralized intermediary - can you think of a better solution?

Cryto can be the solution ONLY IF it's implemented by someone who knows how crypto works.

true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:44:15 AM

Please present evidence that you're not.

majeis: I can arrange for calls/emails/official correspondence letters from the heads of these companies - what would you like?

raskul

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:44:23 AM

you previously stated that most Urea purchases already work using face to face transactions, which I would presume means those grubby paper things that farmers like to stash in their wallets.

CASH, it's called.

gpuminer

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:44:41 AM

<snip> this is not like your altcoins - this is a real application of distributed P2P cryptocurrecy technology to solve real world problems.

it's an altcoin my friend. trust me, it's an altcoin.  Roll Eyes

He doesnt understand how crypto works. Seriously. If u get this into your mind, u will understand what he is trying to say,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: