Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

The point is not to know if OP can be a horse behind a computer or not.

I want to understand the idea behind the project.
I don't see how the project is helping the farmers using urea.
Cryptocurency lead to massive pump and dump. How can we expect people to rely on it ?
What if millions of people lose all their wealth and are forced to starvation because of a dump from a nerd with a massive GPU farm ?
This is a caricature but do someone see the point ?

Uro's utility to a farmer is not affected by the behaviour of traders on the exchanges: A farmer that holds Uro will get his/her Urea when he/she needs it - without having to worry about Urea or Uro price changes - because the Uro Protocol legally binds the NIERs to this commitment for the next ten years - with more NIERs joining the Foundation in the coming months. This commitment is just the beginning - because it currently only caters for whole ship orders of 12,500 MT - we are in ground-breaking discussions with Urea wholesalers right now to facilitate smaller orders. We invision that one day, 1 MT Urea purchases will be possible with Uro.

All of this is possible because of the Uro Protocol backing Uro to 1 MT of Urea. Its unique, its different - its not a backing to USD, its not a backing to any fiat currency or even any cryptocurrency. Uro is a different animal all together - a currency backed to a manufactured commodity - a commodity that is crucial to the upkeeping of civilization.

All that have ever been released upon this community in the past has been concentrated on getting a high BTC exchange rate, but BTC itself is volatile - and so is any other currency including fiat. Uro is the fresh approach - a backing to the real needs of the human race - the need to grow food.

Think about this - if a war breaks out and your life is in danger - what is a bank note? what is even a gold bar? The only thing that matters is safety and sustenance. Food and whatever is required to produce it are the only constants - the only things that are universally valued in the same way by every  person on earth - if fact - they are the only things universally valued by all life everywhere. It does not matter if its a plant, an animal, a human or an alien - all have to eat.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlfaONE

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:16:34 PM

We fully expected people to be sceptical and welcome the criticisms. Your comments help us improve our communication and improve the level of knowledge for the whole community.

Remember this: Uro has no pre-mine, no IPO, no attempt whatsoever at requesting funds from anyone. The thread is not self-moderated and nothing of any significance has been deleted from any page.

This community has been scammed many times before. I myself was affected heavily by Markets.cx, Asiacoin and Whitecoin. I know how it feels to be lied to, how everything that comes afterwards seems like a lie.

Unfortunately, faith is the only ultimate factor that keeps a community together. I am part of the Uro team, I know its not a scam, I know its one of the only unique long term plays in the cryptocurrency space so far. I know the people and organisations involved, and I know they are serious and well funded.

Everything we have announced thus far has been delivered on or ahead of schedule - and we plan to keep it that way.

To those of you that want to stay with us and help us: this is our community - and there is no limit to what we can accomplish - we are here to guide you, to listen to you, and to advance the Uro cause with you.

To those of you that think we are a scam: we will respond to genuine concerns appropriately, and thank you for contributing to improving the completeness and quality of our future communication.

I like the long term effect - to the moon .......

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:28:48 PM

Uro is basically the same concept as the Petrodollar, except that the latter does not claim to have been ratified by OPEC.
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:32:19 PM

Uro is basically the same concept as the Petrodollar, except that the latter does not claim to have been ratified by OPEC.

But the petrodollar is not fixed to a set amount of petroleum - crude oil prices are rising every year.

Uro is fixed to 1 MT Urea - Uro does not depreciate like the petrodollar.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:41:02 PM

Guys more votes are needed on the interview poll. Stan from CoinDesk is monitoring this thread. I can see an interview offer being made soon if we can get that vote count high enough. Spread the interest in Uro people - get those votes in.

We all want these interviews so lets work together to get them! We need to give Stan some ammunition he can take to the editor to make a case for us!

Same goes for those that want the interviews on The Keiser Report or others - express your opinion and get those votes in - don't just sit there!

Will be great to see if this follows through. People have poo-pooed and naysayed, even people can't make $300 per URO they now hold, if this project is honest it will change things in a pretty huge way.

I personally think Keiser Report being a video format will gain more trust but CoinDesk probably has a further reach within the community.

Why not both?

Well to get on The Keiser Report will require a big effort by the community to get Max to notice us. Perhaps CoinDesk will be a stepping stone.

The most important thing for us now is to get more people involved - don't blindly tell them to buy Uro - explain to them what Uro is about or ask them to read the information for themselves. We want believers and supporters - not just investors and traders.

MindGrenade

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:08:43 PM

Cryptocurency lead to massive pump and dump. How can we expect people to rely on it ?
What if millions of people lose all their wealth and are forced to starvation because of a dump from a nerd with a massive GPU farm ?

Uro's utility to a farmer is not affected by the behaviour of traders on the exchanges: A farmer that holds Uro will get his/her Urea when he/she needs it - without having to worry about Urea or Uro price changes - because the Uro Protocol legally binds the NIERs to this commitment for the next ten years - with more NIERs joining the Foundation in the coming months. This commitment is just the beginning - because it currently only caters for whole ship orders of 12,500 MT - we are in ground-breaking discussions with Urea wholesalers right now to facilitate smaller orders. We invision that one day, 1 MT Urea purchases will be possible with Uro.

All of this is possible because of the Uro Protocol backing Uro to 1 MT of Urea. Its unique, its different - its not a backing to USD, its not a backing to any fiat currency or even any cryptocurrency. Uro is a different animal all together - a currency backed to a manufactured commodity - a commodity that is crucial to the upkeeping of civilization.

All that have ever been released upon this community in the past has been concentrated on getting a high BTC exchange rate, but BTC itself is volatile - and so is any other currency including fiat. Uro is the fresh approach - a backing to the real needs of the human race - the need to grow food.

Think about this - if a war breaks out and your life is in danger - what is a bank note? what is even a gold bar? The only thing that matters is safety and sustenance. Food and whatever is required to produce it are the only constants - the only things that are universally valued in the same way by every  person on earth - if fact - they are the only things universally valued by all life everywhere. It does not matter if its a plant, an animal, a human or an alien - all have to eat.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. I personally do hold URO, 'cos why not, but I am far more interested in the concept that URO brings to the table than profit potential. I'm trying to get people to talk and become involved, not to buy, but to just find out more.

I am still highly skeptical, as are most of the community (based on a few reservations), but I'm so, so genuinely curious about this whole thing. People keep herp-derping about "wall street" being the big money, which no doubt it will, that comes into Crypto in 2014 but asset/commodity based crypto exchange is what I envisioned (originally with coloured coins, but this is a slightly different concept is nonetheless just as groundbreaking) as the next big step and I feel like if this is legitimate that it is indeed the next step for 2014. And rest assured if this is real and it works it WILL change crypto forever, and big business will get involved.

For all that is good in the world, don't be another scam. I'll give you credit if it is, because it's waaay more creative and inctricate than typical premine scams.

I have two main concerns and questions; given you seem to be an active dev, I hope you can answer them for me.

1.  a) WHY is listing URO on a public exchange (Trex) even necessary, what part of the business plan involves us? Why does it need to be publically distributed first. It seems like an unnecessary step.   
    b) And is there anything that exempts NIER board members/farmers from loading up on this undervalued URO and getting heavily discounted urea? If not, why are they not flooding bittrex for cheap urea?

2. Will we see a richlist or top holders or URO, or does one exist already?
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:09:37 PM

Red flags:

Entries on partner's website predate existence of website:

Article quoted on same website is the same as quoted by OP:

The events pre-date the website simply because the website was created after the events occurred. There is nothing wrong with this. There are websites on history all over the web.

My point was not that the events predated the website, but that that the website claims they were posted on the website on dates, which predate the history of the website.  Also don't really get why a company which trades with farmers in Rajasthan is only in English.  It may well all be above board, just looks weird.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:20:07 PM

Red flags:

The events pre-date the website simply because the website was created after the events occurred. There is nothing wrong with this. There are websites on history all over the web.

My point was not that the events predated the website, but that that the website claims they were posted on the website on dates, which predate the history of the website.  Also don't really get why a company which trades with farmers in Rajasthan is only in English.  It may well all be above board, just looks weird.

Because the originators of the scam don't natively speak the same language as their intended targets, so there's bound to be miscommunication and typos everywhere.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:43:01 PM

This is all very utopian and idealistic, but fundamentally in the real world in which we live right now, how are the producers going to get paid in order to even break even or profit from the sales of urea? It's not like they can pay their utility bills with URO.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:46:10 PM

This is all very utopian and idealistic, but fundamentally in the real world in which we live right now, how are the producers going to get paid in order to even break even or profit from the sales of urea? It's not like they can pay their utility bills with URO.

Wow... why do people that do not have a clue about how commodity- and stockmarkets work, trade cryptocurrencies...
fiftyseven

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:57:29 PM

Wow... why do people that do not have a clue about how commodity- and stockmarkets work, trade cryptocurrencies...

Ok I shall change my education and career for this. Crypto is a hobby and interest for me, nothing more. I'd be interested if rather than putting me down you could explain it, otherwise I will attempt to educate myself.

In my narrow, limited world view, I just don't understand how you can place a value on something that noone else can use as a unit of value?
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:44:27 PM

You understand what "underwritten" means yes?
kyle589

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:48:48 PM

Basically I think it works like this. The farmers need Uro to buy their Urea. Before Urea ranged from 200-600 dollars a MT. They buy Uro from miners and trade it for goods. So in theory the price of Uro will go up leading up to July 9th when this is supposed to take effect. Then these companies sell back the Uro's to other farmers/miners/investors and it just goes in circulation like that. Thats my simple explanation. So right now the people dumping at the current price in theory would be missing out. The way I see it is the price will steady climb the rest of this month up to a certain value maybe not the current price of Urea but to a certain value. Then once people see that this is or isnt a scam the price will shoot up to that value if its legit.(then the Urea producers sell and get their money) I dont see miners selling something for dirt cheap when it has a value to someone else thats alot higher. Of course this is speculation but as is all crypto is speculation. Bitcoin is valued at 660ish currently but tomorrow it could dive to 400 or climb up to 1000. However if this is legit and their is an actual commodity backing the coin then it will have an almost definitive value.
MinerP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:43:03 PM

Basically I think it works like this. The farmers need Uro to buy their Urea. Before Urea ranged from 200-600 dollars a MT. They buy Uro from miners and trade it for goods. So in theory the price of Uro will go up leading up to July 9th when this is supposed to take effect. Then these companies sell back the Uro's to other farmers/miners/investors and it just goes in circulation like that. Thats my simple explanation. So right now the people dumping at the current price in theory would be missing out. The way I see it is the price will steady climb the rest of this month up to a certain value maybe not the current price of Urea but to a certain value. Then once people see that this is or isnt a scam the price will shoot up to that value if its legit.(then the Urea producers sell and get their money) I dont see miners selling something for dirt cheap when it has a value to someone else thats alot higher. Of course this is speculation but as is all crypto is speculation. Bitcoin is valued at 660ish currently but tomorrow it could dive to 400 or climb up to 1000. However if this is legit and their is an actual commodity backing the coin then it will have an almost definitive value.
this means the companies and farmers and miners and whales are all competing... why would the companies does this if they can just sell for fiat, way less hassle for them... i am a bagholder just because of the 'what if' but i have many questions and the cons way out the pros in my opinion.
kyle589

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

To be honest I would think if anything it would hurt farmers more. Like you said if you have all that competition price goes up not down. If you talking about selling I dont see the companies trying to undercut people. They I'm sure will stand pat at a price they feel comfortable with. And I'm sure miners might go a bit lower but(like I said depending on legitamcy) if this all happens its going to be alot harder for miners to get more Uro because difficulty will rise thru the roof. Just like it did for bitcoin.

Like I said its all speculation. I dont know how many Urea suppliers there are globally. If these 4 companies are say 1/3 of the total companies who deal in this quanity farmers might have no choice but to buy the Uro's and price will be what the market dictates. We will see.

It's an interesting test, if on the up and up, to see if this works out and how it works out.
purplejaguar

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:55:47 PM

Red flags:

Hi true-asset, I'm looking into URO and doing research on these companies. The address listed on India Trading Urea seems to be a hotel. This is what I get when I lookup the address "52 B, CONNAUGHT PLACE, CENTRAL DELHI": http://www.hotels.com/ho379558/apartment-52-new-delhi-india/ Is this a mistake? And if not why is the listed address a hotel - is this something common in India?
purplejaguar

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

Red flags:

Hi true-asset, I'm looking into URO and doing research on these companies. The address listed on India Trading Urea seems to be a hotel. This is what I get when I lookup the address "52 B, CONNAUGHT PLACE, CENTRAL DELHI": http://www.hotels.com/ho379558/apartment-52-new-delhi-india/ Is this a mistake? And if not why is the listed address a hotel - is this something common in India?

Ok did some more digging myself and it seems that that hotel is at a different address - it's just called Apartment 52 at Connaught Place, while B-52 (Im guessing thats the same as 52 B) seems to be some sort of office buildings. But I'd still like to see more information about "Urea Trading India". Is that a new company? If not, how long has it been around?
fiftyseven

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

+1

Thank you for the clarification. So this affirms my thought that somehow you need to convince all crypto traders that this coin is worth a large fraction of a BTC whilst trusting this isn't a scam resulting in the dumping of 12,500 by each 4 purchasers for thousands if not millions of dollars in the end, presumably creating a profit if they bought in at less than the conceived urea trading price.

Quite a throw of the dice.

BTW your block explorer seems to be stuck.
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:51:00 AM

dont need to convince anyone of the value.
once the uro is tradeable to urea then the market will fix it directly.

i'm curious why the dev initially did not want it on an exchange, then wanted it on more .. when all the time there needed to be a mechanism to get URO out of the greedy mitts of the miners and into the hands of the purchasers.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
purplejaguar

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:01:46 AM

I looked through the Uro protocol and couldn't find anything online about the China and South Africa signers. Is there anything online about these companies or even about the people who signed in the documents (I didn't find much by Google)
i wish this coin will be good in the future.

More information will be provided when the legal team provides approval for us to post it. As you can understand each company has its own policies. Each of the Urea trading firms have signed many NDAs with numerous parties and there are things that we have to wait for legal to provide clearance on.

For Crown Team Corporation and CCL Pillay Group - we are aware that they do not have websites at the moment, and this is part of why Uro is needed - to revolutionize an inefficient Urea market based on sparse face to face connections into a modern, efficient and decentralized internet connected system that has transparency and speed. The Foundation is working out methods to deliver a press event that will ease the doubts that a few members are have regarding the legitimacy of every aspect of the Uro Protocol ratification.

Remember that baseless speculation of what is real or not does not contribute anything new to the discussion. Try to keep your comments based on facts, criticism and opinions regarding Uro itself - this thread is not intended for the discussion of personal issues - please start a new thread if you wish to criticize a person (unfortunately, it is likely that not many members will follow such a thread - since such discussions are rarely interesting for more then a few seconds). Missing information does not indicate dishonesty, but merely that the release of information can be improved - and we will keep improving the methods and content of information releases as the circumstances permit.

There are so many threads on this forum which are self-moderated to hide any negative posts and comments, but we believe in freedom and respect for everyone's rights and did not choose to go down that path.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, and I will continue to do so before investing my BTC. I like what I have seen so far from some of the members of the URO foundation, but for others, information is hard to come by, so I will keep looking for that information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: