Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature!  (Read 133336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 01:17:47 AM

The switch to Postgres - and adding an index - reduced the run time to just a few hours:

https://mega.nz/#!fNVkAJzD!aLAwPLCucq3Du7qUjtccYj-bMVnjXhza9fd2Rnyvo7Q

192Mb xz compressed postgresql dump of the beecoinv2 block chain utxo set. Milled from the (updated) Python script in the gist quoted a coupla posts upthread.

Cheers

Graham

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:11:14 AM

The switch to Postgres - and adding an index - reduced the run time to just a few hours:

192Mb xz compressed postgresql dump of the beecoinv2 block chain utxo set. Milled from the (updated) Python script in the gist quoted a coupla posts upthread.

Cheers

Graham
Just a silly question, but what do we do with this update? How do we use it? I have been too busy at work, so I have missed this thread for a few hours.

abused wens

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:29:18 AM

Looking out for more information about this on the blogs!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:20:24 AM

the community and graham are still yet to decide the best purpose for them.

Make that just “the community”, I don’t see why I should get to stick my oar in, all I'm doing is valeting the community's new vehicle.

I have not discussed this with graham at all so far but i was thinking we the community should offer graham the same deal soopy had for 1BN for extended help and leadership of beecoin. It is good to have a leader with an incentive to put time and effort into a project. Considering we were willing to pay any amount of bees to get a developer before graham came to help us it seems a win win both ways.

This community has been around long enough to appreciate that in any social group, people come and go all the time. Through fortuitous circumstance, I am currently in a position to make a technical contribution and, at the same time, educate myself in some technical detail that I would otherwise have a bit of a hard time justifying - it also helps a lot that it isn't simply an academic exercise, the result will be of interest to the community.

For the moment, I'm happy to provide extended help and leadership (let's be honest here) be an irritating grain of sand around which the community can continue on its path of pearl-building. For the moment. The avatar mugshot is a decade old, I'm now a pensioner caring for a disabled partner whose needs take precedence, literally at the drop of a hat.

I'm neither software engineer nor programmer. What I am is both an artist and a cognitive scientist, my current interest in altcoins is driven by a desire to get a better grip on the socio-political implications of the logical entailments derivable from the ground conditions under which peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency communities operate. My monograph presenting “A different perspective on cryptocurrency” describes the ground conditions and the basic entailments, once you start unpicking the threads, it gets interesting.

And it genuinely does give me a different perspective. I'd be motivated to keep the 1bn intact in order to pass it on to my successor, intact. Kind of a badge of honorary functionary, a symbol of personal integrity. Useful to have, useful to keep polished. I'm not thinking of next week or even next year but, now that three years have ticked by, what will the picture look like in another five?

The other 8 BN the community could vote on how to use them or leave them in staking wallets for the longterm funding of the project. Or burn them or any other new ideas that come to peoples minds. As beecoin gains some value those coins can be very useful for developer bounties to bring on more and more devs. PIVx has lots of developers working away for bounties.

I wouldn't underestimate the potential future significance of the group having successfully curated such a substantial community resource. It is an unforgeable testament to a persistently stable group core. That's both the “friendly” and “reliable” boxes ticked. There's quite a lot that can be done with the engine as it stands - which could be a means of priming the dev pump. Development could be split into specification and implementation, just to give people a broader set of opportunities to contribute, either volunteering in order to benefit from experiencing a pro-social context, having “a position” and contributing out of enlightened self-interest, or just plain doin' it for the money.

Cheers

Graham

And now, as the lovely Jennifer used to simperingly announce, “Here comes the science” ...

Thanks Graham, very interesting post.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:28:29 AM

Cheers

Graham
Just a silly question, but what do we do with this update? How do we use it? I have been too busy at work, so I have missed this thread for a few hours.

It's tediously detailed, half a dozen posts up-thtread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601247.msg21967425#msg21967425

It's a (i.e. one) snapshot of the public ledger, the set of UTXOs dumped in SQL for editing to the community's satisfaction. I'm informed that the community collectively considers some tx recorded in the ledger to be undesirable and the ledger transfer process (as I have described it above) offers an opportunity at this point to erase those tx from the set of UTXOs which will form the public ledger for the new hard-forked Bee blockchain.

I'm unashamedly ignorant of the events and nuances of the community's collective experience over the last three years. As any decision to edit the public ledger is a departure from the currently-pertaining social contract, it will be inherently controversial. Considering and accepting the consequences of this change are quite properly a sole concern for the community.

It's not that I don't consider myself part of the community, I do - but I feel a need to effectively “recuse” myself from any actual decisions, given that one strong expectation will be complete transparency of the process.

To make your own snapshot of the Beecoinv2 blockchain, all you need is a synced Beecoin node, Python (I have 3.5 locally) and Postgres (9.5 locally), the script in the gist, a fast m/c and an afternoon.

Cheers

Graham
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:19:13 PM

Cheers

Graham

It's tediously detailed, half a dozen posts up-thtread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601247.msg21967425#msg21967425

It's a (i.e. one) snapshot of the public ledger, the set of UTXOs dumped in SQL for editing to the community's satisfaction. I'm informed that the community collectively considers some tx recorded in the ledger to be undesirable and the ledger transfer process (as I have described it above) offers an opportunity at this point to erase those tx from the set of UTXOs which will form the public ledger for the new hard-forked Bee blockchain.

I'm unashamedly ignorant of the events and nuances of the community's collective experience over the last three years. As any decision to edit the public ledger is a departure from the currently-pertaining social contract, it will be inherently controversial. Considering and accepting the consequences of this change are quite properly a sole concern for the community.

It's not that I don't consider myself part of the community, I do - but I feel a need to effectively “recuse” myself from any actual decisions, given that one strong expectation will be complete transparency of the process.

To make your own snapshot of the Beecoinv2 blockchain, all you need is a synced Beecoin node, Python (I have 3.5 locally) and Postgres (9.5 locally), the script in the gist, a fast m/c and an afternoon.

Cheers

Graham

Yes I certainly would like allcoins proven address taken out of action.

These are proven scammers I would not expect anyone in the community would like to see our shares in beecoin diluted by those that stole our coins in the first place. But if some object then I would be interested to explore their reasoning. Of course open mindedness in all things is best.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:08:29 PM

Did anyone as yet pull open this file and find allcoins wallet? so we can black list it?

I am a computer illiterate and don't dare install anything unless under my cousins supervision who is away ...

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 12:00:07 AM

Did anyone as yet pull open this file and find allcoins wallet? so we can black list it?

I am a computer illiterate and don't dare install anything unless under my cousins supervision who is away ...

Fair enough. Just identify the offending addresses and I'll strip them out of the database with a SQL query.

Cheers

Graham
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:21:57 PM

This is just a suggestion,

I see a big potential on the implementation of atomic cross chain swaps. I don't know if it's possible to integrate / implement that on bee, but I see it as good direction to point to.
Also, any other feature that facilitates / enables decentralized exchange between bee and onther cryptos will be great to have (in my opinion).

What do you think?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:08:07 PM

This is just a suggestion,

I see a big potential on the implementation of atomic cross chain swaps. I don't know if it's possible to integrate / implement that on bee, but I see it as good direction to point to.
Also, any other feature that facilitates / enables decentralized exchange between bee and onther cryptos will be great to have (in my opinion).

What do you think?

Good suggestion but I would think that could be quite a tough one to implement. Blocknet is though making their own btc wallet running on top of blocknets atomic swap so perhaps it would not be hard to do that for bee.

Although i wouldn't really know.

Graham would know better the work needed to integrate something like that.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:28:23 AM

I am not a developer but I'm not sure something like that is at all easy to just add.
I mean blocknet have been on this for 3 years and they still have a way to go.
I could be possible to incorp blocknets exchange into a beecoin wallet but that would  be blocknet with a bee skin on it.

of course graham would know more

i mean just updating beecoin to a more modern functional coin with anon and masternodes would be great. This takes time too though.

smart contracts, atomic swaps etc all would be great of course but then you would probably need a gigantic dev team on board.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:37:51 PM

Remember guys please keep your beecoin wallets and staking

Also if you can think of things where beecoin can improve...aside from the codebase

1. website
2.  advertising
3 . new exchanges

other useful projects and jobs we can be doing right now please post them here. There could be bouties available for those doing good work for beecoin and these could turn out to be very lucrative jobs (no guarantee of course) if things go well.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 01:47:48 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 02:07:16 AM by gjhiggins

i mean just updating beecoin to a more modern functional coin with anon and masternodes would be great. This takes time too though.

smart contracts, atomic swaps etc all would be great of course but then you would probably need a gigantic dev team on board.

I sent this explanation to cryptohunter ...

Is pivX a bit of a tough one to switch over to?
Your analysis is spot on. I did a re-branding of PIVX but didn't change the coin's parameters, so it promptly synced with the PIVX blockchain. A short time afterwards I came across Max Guevara's dismissal of the PIVX code as “buggy” ¹ and - well, whatever they say about him, he does have the technical chops and I must admit, I did get a sense of something vaguely similar in the early days (prior to it rebranding as PIVX).

So I took a long look at an alternative, a Core 0.13 PoS coin - no masternodes but otherwise okay, to wit Navcoin. It too is a quite a challenge - it's got an idiosyncratic anonymising solution that needs stripping out. I got some way into it before realising that it was going to take quite a bit of time to work through and maybe I'd better return to my adaptation of PIVX to have something to deliver to the community.

However, when I returned to PIVX and changed the coin params to match Bee's, I hit a bug. There's an issue somewhere in InitBlock but the error object that is supposed to be instantiated by the surrounding try/catch structure (https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L4787) is uninstantiated for some inexplicable reason. So debugging just fails because the error message is buggy in that the error is that the error object hasn't got an error message string to print.

All I can do is undo the changes, check that it still runs then carefully re-make each change in an attempt to work past the problem. There are some serious mismatches in, e.g. number of coins, which may impact how the chain functions.

The other comment I made ...
I don't know of any other than the two decentralised exchanges (I forget the names) which basically just require that CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY is available. Navcoin has the CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY op-code, PIVX doesn't (to my slight surprise, until I recall that it is in essence a Dash clone and a fork of Bitcoin Core 0.10). And that complicates the situation quite comprehensively - exchanges being quite so crucial to PoS coins in terms of enabling people to join the community.

In the interim, I shall push the PIVX work up to Github in case anyone can throw some light on the issue. I'm also re-visiting Navcoin to see if I can get a better handle on how much hacking around will be necessary to strip out/disable the anon code.

Cheers

Graham

¹ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042673.msg22194476#msg22194476

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:08:38 AM

Your analysis is spot on. I did a re-branding of PIVX but didn't change the coin's parameters, so it promptly synced with the PIVX blockchain. A short time afterwards I came across Max Guevara's dismissal of the PIVX code as “buggy” and - well, whatever they say about him, he does have the technical chops and I must admit, I did get a sense of something vaguely similar in the early days (prior to it rebranding as PIVX).

So I took a long look at an alternative, a Core 0.13 PoS coin - no masternodes but otherwise okay, to wit Navcoin. It too is a quite a challenge - it's got an idiosyncratic anonymising solution that needs stripping out. I got some way into it before realising that it was going to take quite a bit of time to work through and maybe I'd better return to my adaptation of PIVX to have something to deliver to the community.

However, when I returned to PIVX and changed the coin params to match Bee's, I hit a bug. There's an issue somewhere in InitBlock but the error object that is supposed to be instantiated by the surrounding try/catch structure (https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L4787) is uninstantiated for some inexplicable reason. So debugging just fails because the error message is buggy in that the error is that the error object hasn't got an error message string to print.

All I can do is undo the changes, check that it still runs then carefully re-make each change in an attempt to work past the problem. There are some serious mismatches in, e.g. number of coins, which may impact how the chain functions.

I don't know of any other than the two decentralised exchanges (I forget the names) which basically just require that CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY is available. Navcoin has the CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY op-code, PIVX doesn't (to my slight surprise, until I recall that it is in essence a Dash clone and a fork of Bitcoin Core 0.10). And that complicates the situation quite comprehensively - exchanges being quite so crucial to PoS coins in terms of enabling people to join the community.

In the interim, I shall push the PIVX work up to Github in case anyone can throw some light on the issue. I'm also re-visiting Navcoin to see if I can get a better handle on how much hacking around will be necessary to strip out/disable the anon code.

Cheers

Graham

Cheers for the update graham. Thanks for everything you have done.

It is great to see things moving along for beecoin.

Whilst the code based development is ongoing I wonder if the community can help think up useful tasks we can offer to people to earn the new upcoming bees?

Also what does everyone think about start a new fresh thread once we are running with the new code base?

First thing we could really do with is a nice website for beecoin anyone have or know any great web designers?

What other tasks or micro jobs could be given out to people to do for payment in bees that would help in building the community and also give incentive to accumulate and hold beecoin?

dutch_loneranger

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:27:34 AM

Your analysis is spot on. I did a re-branding of PIVX but didn't change the coin's parameters, so it promptly synced with the PIVX blockchain. A short time afterwards I came across Max Guevara's dismissal of the PIVX code as “buggy” and - well, whatever they say about him, he does have the technical chops and I must admit, I did get a sense of something vaguely similar in the early days (prior to it rebranding as PIVX).

Cheers

Graham

Cheers for the update graham. Thanks for everything you have done.

It is great to see things moving along for beecoin.

Whilst the code based development is ongoing I wonder if the community can help think up useful tasks we can offer to people to earn the new upcoming bees?

Also what does everyone think about start a new fresh thread once we are running with the new code base?

First thing we could really do with is a nice website for beecoin anyone have or know any great web designers?

What other tasks or micro jobs could be given out to people to do for payment in bees that would help in building the community and also give incentive to accumulate and hold beecoin?

sounds very intresting and  very difficult  but yes it is great that  things is moving along with beecoin
wish i had some ideas but maybe  that will come someday .

i think a new fresh thread would be a great idea when there is new code base .

greetings ,

Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:41:03 AM

Sorry so what is happening with this coin? Are we re-branding or swapping coins? Interested to see this coin get back on its feet.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

Sorry so what is happening with this coin? Are we re-branding or swapping coins? Interested to see this coin get back on its feet.

I do not think we are rebranding but rather just going for bee instead of beecoin2

Graham is busy helping us update to a more recent and desirable codebase and I don't think it will be a coin swap graham has another method much better.

We are trying to build the commuity back whilst giving new people a chance to join through tasks and micro tasks rewarded in bee's

If people can think up worth tasks that will be beneficial to beecoin that would be great too. All suggestions are welcome.

william1980

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:55:38 AM

Hello Dev

Good luck for your project .

Closely watching the progress !!! Cheers
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:35:36 PM

Sorry for my absence, I have been too busy at work recently.

helodams

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:14:47 AM

hi, any beecoin founder here?
I have a serious proposal to make.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: