Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 400012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ellen_me

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:55:16 PM

Our Meme and Poem contest is now live!

Contest

The winner gets a free 5Mh/s hosted scrypt mining contract from us!

Participate, share, enjoy Smiley

I think this is a great contest although I am not good on making memes nor poems. Tongue
Will just wait and see the winner.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 08:43:47 PM

Tel Aviv Special Bitcoin Meetup July 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVvHjtjPTXk#t=1590

Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 10:52:32 PM

And one more:

#Bitcoin2014 - State of the Bitcoin Mining 'Arms Race'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t988rMSWuPM

hyoung

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:03:50 AM

It seems to me that Genesis is not moving with the market.  We see exchanges like Bittrex supporting almost 200 alt coins, coinmarketcap listing over 450 alt coins and although I didn't get the exact stats, it seems to be that Scrypt/Keccak/X11 coins outnumber SHA-256 coins.  I'm not advocating Genesis taking a "collector mentality" by trying to support most coins, but it would certainly be to their and our advantage to offer a larger selection, perhaps selected on market cap or some other metric of perceived relevance.  Having a vote once a month for one new coin, while hundreds come and go, is hardly tenable other than as an early stage "proof of concept".  Genesis clearly has the infrastructure to support multiple coins, so surely adding new ones is just a modicum of sysadmin work ?  Clearly the mining allocation GUI (a cute gimmick - we can all type numbers if we need to) is not scalable to larger numbers of coins, but that's hardly rocket science to fix.

Genesis broke on the scene with some good innovations.  Now they're getting stale.
marife01

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:52:21 AM

Our Meme and Poem contest is now live!

Contest

The winner gets a free 5Mh/s hosted scrypt mining contract from us!

Participate, share, enjoy Smiley

Its a great announcement. I think it will be a big chance for every miner like me.

It is a good opportunity to those who are great on doing memes. Tongue
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:08:39 AM

It seems to me that Genesis is not moving with the market.  We see exchanges like Bittrex supporting almost 200 alt coins, coinmarketcap listing over 450 alt coins and although I didn't get the exact stats, it seems to be that Scrypt/Keccak/X11 coins outnumber SHA-256 coins.  I'm not advocating Genesis taking a "collector mentality" by trying to support most coins, but it would certainly be to their and our advantage to offer a larger selection, perhaps selected on market cap or some other metric of perceived relevance.  Having a vote once a month for one new coin, while hundreds come and go, is hardly tenable other than as an early stage "proof of concept".  Genesis clearly has the infrastructure to support multiple coins, so surely adding new ones is just a modicum of sysadmin work ?  Clearly the mining allocation GUI (a cute gimmick - we can all type numbers if we need to) is not scalable to larger numbers of coins, but that's hardly rocket science to fix.

Genesis broke on the scene with some good innovations.  Now they're getting stale.
We're not talking about a home pc here where you can install wallets until you run out of performance and/or diskspace. Simple as it may seem, I bet there's a shocking bit of work behind it all. More importantly, I think there's more to say for a careful collection of coins then for a sh*tload of coins just because they exist. Adding every hyped coin might be more of a bother then an asset eventually. I still believe only a few coins will keep value into the future, so maybe GM's Collector Mentality is future proof Wink

The stale bit, I know the feeling, but I think GM was about to make some announcement two weeks ago? So, stale might be just our perception because we cant see what's going on behind the curtains

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
monim1

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:28:07 PM

I have found that after every Meetup you post some photos of the meetup. So i hope you will post few photos this time also.
bitcoinminer007

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:37:24 PM

It seems to me that Genesis is not moving with the market.  We see exchanges like Bittrex supporting almost 200 alt coins, coinmarketcap listing over 450 alt coins and although I didn't get the exact stats, it seems to be that Scrypt/Keccak/X11 coins outnumber SHA-256 coins.  I'm not advocating Genesis taking a "collector mentality" by trying to support most coins, but it would certainly be to their and our advantage to offer a larger selection, perhaps selected on market cap or some other metric of perceived relevance.  Having a vote once a month for one new coin, while hundreds come and go, is hardly tenable other than as an early stage "proof of concept".  Genesis clearly has the infrastructure to support multiple coins, so surely adding new ones is just a modicum of sysadmin work ?  Clearly the mining allocation GUI (a cute gimmick - we can all type numbers if we need to) is not scalable to larger numbers of coins, but that's hardly rocket science to fix.

Genesis broke on the scene with some good innovations.  Now they're getting stale.
How many Altcoin Genesis-mining is supporting? Please anyone can give me a number?
bitcoinminer007

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:45:09 PM

What about next Meetup? In how many days it is going to held?
Nathan101

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:48:12 PM

What about next Meetup? In how many days it is going to held?
Keep in touch with the forum and this thread you will get information about next Meetup.

Mike18feb

MΣC

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:53:57 PM

How many Altcoin Genesis-mining is supporting? Please anyone can give me a number?
BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

There, all current coins. And you do NOT need to choose Megacoin (but you should). Auto means the most profitable coin is mined and exchanged for either Bitcoin or Darkcoin.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
hyoung

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:12:24 PM

BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

There, all current coins. And you do NOT need to choose Megacoin (but you should). Auto means the most profitable coin is mined and exchanged for either Bitcoin or Darkcoin.

So that's a great example of Genesis not staying current.  ReddCoin is no longer mine-able having moved to its Proof of Stake phase.  AuroraCoin seems to have flopped as has LottoCoin.  So really the effective choice/value comes down to Lite/Doge/Feather/Black/Mega, with payout in Bit/Dark.  Personally I would like a larger effective choice than five.

And on the sysadmin work front, the real complexity jump is going from one to multiple, unless there are horrendous manual processes hidden behind the scenes.  Certainly the variability of daily payout time and prior comments here about a manual sign-off process would suggest that the current Genesis infrastructure may not be operationally scalable in the multi-coin dimension in quite that same way that Bittrex seems to be.  And in saying that I'm not trivializing the difference between exchange and mining operations, but I hope you take my point to some degree.  Some of the issues in supporting multiple coins are common to both.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

So that's a great example of Genesis not staying current.  ReddCoin is no longer mine-able having moved to its Proof of Stake phase.  AuroraCoin seems to have flopped as has LottoCoin.  So really the effective choice/value comes down to Lite/Doge/Feather/Black/Mega, with payout in Bit/Dark.  Personally I would like a larger effective choice than five.

And on the sysadmin work front, the real complexity jump is going from one to multiple, unless there are horrendous manual processes hidden behind the scenes.  Certainly the variability of daily payout time and prior comments here about a manual sign-off process would suggest that the current Genesis infrastructure may not be operationally scalable in the multi-coin dimension in quite that same way that Bittrex seems to be.  And in saying that I'm not trivializing the difference between exchange and mining operations, but I hope you take my point to some degree.  Some of the issues in supporting multiple coins are common to both.

The Reddcoin option now works by mining the other coins and then getting a payout in RDD coin each day, which saves you having to go to an exchange with your BTC payout or other coin, and then having to exchange it to RDD yourself.

So yes, you are correct that you can not mine it, but some people still like to acquire them and this is the most simple way to do this.

One of the good things about Genesis Mining is that it is simple to use, some people just want to be able to pay for hashpower and get coins each day and not have to worry about all the other stuff.

hyoung

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:34:30 AM

BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

So that's a great example of Genesis not staying current.  ReddCoin is no longer mine-able having moved to its Proof of Stake phase.  AuroraCoin seems to have flopped as has LottoCoin.  So really the effective choice/value comes down to Lite/Doge/Feather/Black/Mega, with payout in Bit/Dark.  Personally I would like a larger effective choice than five.

And on the sysadmin work front, the real complexity jump is going from one to multiple, unless there are horrendous manual processes hidden behind the scenes.  Certainly the variability of daily payout time and prior comments here about a manual sign-off process would suggest that the current Genesis infrastructure may not be operationally scalable in the multi-coin dimension in quite that same way that Bittrex seems to be.  And in saying that I'm not trivializing the difference between exchange and mining operations, but I hope you take my point to some degree.  Some of the issues in supporting multiple coins are common to both.

The Reddcoin option now works by mining the other coins and then getting a payout in RDD coin each day, which saves you having to go to an exchange with your BTC payout or other coin, and then having to exchange it to RDD yourself.

So yes, you are correct that you can not mine it, but some people still like to acquire them and this is the most simple way to do this.

One of the good things about Genesis Mining is that it is simple to use, some people just want to be able to pay for hashpower and get coins each day and not have to worry about all the other stuff.

OK that's great.  So this is in effect "Auto(RDD)" in their UI terms.  So why hasn't Genesis updated their UI to reflect this and make the option clear to customers.  It was well known in advance when the change over day (block number actually) would be.  And the back end work to support this must have been much more complex than the UI update.  So this just proves my point that Genesis are not keeping up with events to best effect.  I guess it's possible they have a UI guy and a back end guy and there were availability issues for part time or multi-role staff.  Or they decided to roll this into other UI updates upcoming.  At the very least it would be nice to be told.  I may have continued on RDD because the price is pretty bombed out right now (due to Northern Hemisphere summer vacation time imho - for Bitcoin too) and I believe it should run up again when the Redd team get going with their road map again.

I'm sorry if that sounds like a negative whinge, but these details matter.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:15:31 AM

Genesis do payout on time and have machines but indeed the setup needs updates from old lame coins

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:36:14 AM

BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

OK that's great.  So this is in effect "Auto(RDD)" in their UI terms.  So why hasn't Genesis updated their UI to reflect this and make the option clear to customers.  It was well known in advance when the change over day (block number actually) would be.  And the back end work to support this must have been much more complex than the UI update.  So this just proves my point that Genesis are not keeping up with events to best effect.  I guess it's possible they have a UI guy and a back end guy and there were availability issues for part time or multi-role staff.  Or they decided to roll this into other UI updates upcoming.  At the very least it would be nice to be told.  I may have continued on RDD because the price is pretty bombed out right now (due to Northern Hemisphere summer vacation time imho - for Bitcoin too) and I believe it should run up again when the Redd team get going with their road map again.

I'm sorry if that sounds like a negative whinge, but these details matter.

To be honest, they did come here and tell us what they were going to RDD coin regarding how it was going to be mined, as I had been aware that POW was ending on the coin and what they were going to do with RDD going forward, if you look through posts here, maybe go back 2 or 3 pages they were going to do a major update with the UI and were going to add more features, but they were not happy by the way it was going, so have delayed it for a little while, this was over a week ago now, so perhaps very soon, these new changes will appear. I would rather them release something that is stable than buggy, as I am sure you would also.

Perhaps the Auto RDD UI change was going to be part of this update too, but has been held back also.

GM will read your comment and will reply about it, would be surprised if they did not as they tend to read feedback and reply to it when they can.

ellen_me

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:50:54 AM

I will watch this whole video later in my spare time.  Cheesy

Mike18feb

MΣC

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:09:00 PM

I will watch this whole video later in my spare time.  Cheesy
Spare time?! Wish I was rich like you Tongue

bitcoinminer007

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:26:44 PM

BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. But i think Genesis-mining need to add more coin. Its only 10 coins which is not enough.
Nathan101

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:30:32 PM

BitCoin (auto)
DarkCoin (auto)
LiteCoin
DogeCoin
AuroraCoin
FeatherCoin
LotteryCoin
MegaCoin
ReddCoin
BlackCoin

I think selecting Auto is the best option. It increase the chance of getting profit from mining.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: