Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:33:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 [851] 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 11:01:51 PM

What is actually vericoins way to mass adoption ?  
How you want to acieve that goal ?

I mean the "Fudders" somehow are right here, we have a coin here with no tech update in the last 4 months, and the roadmap is not moving at all (beside adding new points regarding supernet).I think the price just reflects this. Any arguments against this? (beside the hard work behind the sceens).  This coin needs new energy !

P.S.
I dont want advertise, but look at pandacoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.0 ; they are really working toward mass adoption. Last development: Hybrid Lite/Full wallet, with rapid sync (syncs full blockchain 20-40 times faster then standart wallets). IMO this is one of the biggest developments in the cryptoworld in the last year (maybe even the biggest).  If if works well, it is quite possible this will be implemented in BTC, I think ...

How you want to introduce new people to crypto, when the blockchain needs 6 hours to sync. 99,9% people would say "Fuck off with that shit, didnt you say it is FAST ?".

You should consider to copy this feature.

P.S.S
This is not the wolong pandacoin...

a faster syncing wallet is definitly good , i agree. Wink
But to be fair i think if we give the devs Time we will see every improvement you people like.
Your advice i do like very much you think in the right direction  doc12.

I also think that the devs will deliver some cool updates sooner or later, but maybe they could make this development more transperent, so everybody see there is something going on. If this are huge projects they are working on thats ok , huge projects takes a lot of time. But why not inform the community about the process and about some milestones?     

Maybe we could arrange that the devs will inform us more often about their work and on the other side the extreme fudders agree to be a bit more moderate in the future...

https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/official-vericoin-roadmap.524/

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:30:59 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 01:46:56 AM by drkman

Supernet always delivering and progressing and Blocknet turning out to be a scam... first attempt at copying Supernet...FAIL

That's not cool. I don't think BlockNET is a scam. It could be but it's presumptuous to jump to conclusions.

If investors expect to hold VeriCoin Developers to a higher standard I think it's fair that the community follows suit.

Just my two pennies.
I get what your saying, but the truth is its fact...cloak, librex, stealth, swift and blocknet all the same pump group...i don't go trying to destroy other coins but i have no problem letting ppl know whats up... I don not agree with scams period and i don't hold back when its to warn ppl. Thats why vericoin is my #1
Ereborltc has done his homework.
Blocknet is most probably a pump and dump scam initiated by the same pump and dumper who did UTIL, HAL, NHZ, even XC and so many other seemingly promising coins that are created with a single purpose; to lure in investors under the veil of game changing development only to dump all as the price rises and then abandon the coin and relaunch a new coin scam under a new name.  Vericoin will be one of the very few left standing when 90% of the current coins are revealed as pump schemes.  Read more below.

https://ounce.me/blog/the-current-state-scum-of-alt-coin-development/
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:54:42 AM

Mandatory protocol update: https://vericoinforums.com/threads/mandatory-protocol-update-1-4-1-3.554/
kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:57:55 AM

Please close, lock, delete, fumigate. Bring the tanks, call air support, drop the bomb.
The jews had fun, choose something drastic this time.
Whatever you do, please make sure the thread sinks and dies with every troll onboard.

Thanks, I won't come back.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:48:08 AM

Supernet always delivering and progressing and Blocknet turning out to be a scam... first attempt at copying Supernet...FAIL

That's not cool. I don't think BlockNET is a scam. It could be but it's presumptuous to jump to conclusions.

If investors expect to hold VeriCoin Developers to a higher standard I think it's fair that the community follows suit.

Just my two pennies.
I get what your saying, but the truth is its fact...cloak, librex, stealth, swift and blocknet all the same pump group...i don't go trying to destroy other coins but i have no problem letting ppl know whats up... I don not agree with scams period and i don't hold back when its to warn ppl. Thats why vericoin is my #1
Blocknet is most probably a pump and dump scam initiated by the same pump and dumper who did UTIL, HAL, NHZ, even XC and so many other seemingly promising coins that are created with a single purpose; to lure in investors under the veil of game changing development only to dump all as the price rises and then abandon the coin and relaunch a new coin scam under a new name.  Vericoin will be one of the very few left standing when 90% of the current coins are revealed as pump schemes.  Read more below.

Hmm, wonder what Mr AltcoinUK and Barabbas has to say now.  Ooops, wrong again.  The more I stake and hold the more confident I am this will turn out to be a very good investment decision, not a lot but at least I know the Devs are real genuine people who actually care about their community.  So what ya got now Trolls??
kleineaap

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:27:27 AM

Just my two pennies.
Blocknet is most probably a pump and dump scam initiated by the same pump and dumper who did UTIL, HAL, NHZ, even XC and so many other seemingly promising coins that are created with a single purpose; to lure in investors under the veil of game changing development only to dump all as the price rises and then abandon the coin and relaunch a new coin scam under a new name.  Vericoin will be one of the very few left standing when 90% of the current coins are revealed as pump schemes.  Read more below.

Now that I've read a bit..

Do you doubt that every single ALT has its own purpose of inside profit to be filled?
Business wise, what would be the point of an alternative to bitcoin if you had to miss its initial train?
Nobody likes pre-mines now, or do they?
Ideologically, you couldn't reproduce the protocol in your lifetime, so don't come out with your ethical issues after raping an open source project.

Being part of a group with inside info, or a shitcloneforkdev that sells his wallets away for hungry miners, or coinmarkets 'devs' that apparently all dance away too good together...
We have a group of 5 or 6 shitcoin cloners all over BCT, freenode, twitter and coinmarkets, ready to get your fucking coin out there.
Of course they will keep a secret, right, you'll never fucking understand where all that hash comes from after you post your ANN.
They even sell their fucking stashes off market to the first dumpers in TREX. Which, of course, you'll get told by Twitter to buy. Fuck yeah!

Now if you think this coin is out of that league, then, my friend, you got it all going wrong for you.
Every place is a common place. And this one ain't different. There are way too many interests in the way, like any other normal company in its search for a bump.

The serious projects in crypto besides Bitcoin are, marketwise, close to worthless.
Just like real life, when we fuckers pay for shit but refuse to donate to the great.

Well, VRC has that going on for you now, which is nice. I guess.

Cheers.

kleineaap

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:41:39 AM

Just my two pennies.

Now that I've read a bit..

Do you doubt that every single ALT has its own purpose of inside profit to be filled?
Business wise, what would be the point of an alternative to bitcoin if you had to miss its initial train?
Nobody likes pre-mines now, or do they?
Ideologically, you couldn't reproduce the protocol in your lifetime, so don't come out with your ethical issues after raping an open source project.

Being part of a group with inside info, or a shitcloneforkdev that sells his wallets away for hungry miners, or coinmarkets 'devs' that apparently all dance away too good together...
We have a group of 5 or 6 shitcoin cloners all over BCT, freenode, twitter and coinmarkets, ready to get your fucking coin out there.
Of course they will keep a secret, right, you'll never fucking understand where all that hash comes from after you post your ANN.
They even sell their fucking stashes off market to the first dumpers in TREX. Which, of course, you'll get told by Twitter to buy. Fuck yeah!

Now if you think this coin is out of that league, then, my friend, you got it all going wrong for you.
Every place is a common place. And this one ain't different. There are way too many interests in the way, like any other normal company in its search for a bump.

The serious projects in crypto besides Bitcoin are, marketwise, close to worthless.
Just like real life, when we fuckers pay for shit but refuse to donate to the great.

Well, VRC has that going on for you now, which is nice. I guess.

Cheers.

In a simple way, so no headache:

Coins are produced and discussed before announcement with well known whales. They can even change your whole production if they feel it's more profitable.
That's something you give in only to be whaled backed and cash out your instamine before public notice.
If it's approved it's a go, and the hash is high, and the exchanges hear about it very soon. And incoming panic, jizz, first sell offs pay off gigantically, "let's do this again!"

I'm not saying it was the case here, although VRC was connected from the early stages to two different public pump groups.
Anyway, I'm just alerting you to the fact that this happens every week. Every single week, since the multiplication of the coins.

Add the good and the bad things about VRC in the same pot and I'm not really sure what kind of religion you are following except for the only sacred and intact business of trading for business.
And that, from where I see it, it's the only thing you should care about, given you want to make money. Because for anything else, you have Bitcoin.

DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:13:39 AM

I think as long as the technology and mass acceptance is there then an altcoin has a chance to survive alongside with bitcoin.  
TheAntiFud

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:14:51 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 08:09:50 AM by TheAntiFud

I keep buying lower to average down my entry price, as investors say. But have to be honest here, I'm getting a bit scared. Will this November be like last November for crypto and the altcoin space? I hope so.  Lips sealed

Bitcoin is what internet was in the 90s.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 07:54:32 PM

Latest version 1.4.1.3 on github does not compile (Debian 7), it fails with

Code:
In file included from alert.h:13:0,
                 from alert.cpp:8:
util.h: In function ‘std::string i64tostr(int64_t)’:
util.h:239:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘PRId64’
util.h:239:12: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format [-Wformat]
util.h:239:12: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
In file included from alert.cpp:10:0:
net.h: In member function ‘void CNode::AskFor(const CInv&)’:
net.h:317:35: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘PRId64’
net.h:317:149: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format [-Wformat]
net.h:317:149: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
alert.cpp: In member function ‘std::string CUnsignedAlert::ToString() const’:
alert.cpp:50:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘PRId64’
alert.cpp:50:12: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format [-Wformat]
alert.cpp:50:12: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:42:52 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 10:12:07 PM by onsightit

Latest version 1.4.1.3 on github does not compile (Debian 7), it fails with

Code:
In file included from alert.h:13:0,
                 from alert.cpp:8:
util.h: In function ‘std::string i64tostr(int64_t)’:
util.h:239:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘PRId64’
util.h:239:12: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format [-Wformat]
util.h:239:12: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
In file included from alert.cpp:10:0:
net.h: In member function ‘void CNode::AskFor(const CInv&)’:
net.h:317:35: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘PRId64’
net.h:317:149: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format [-Wformat]
net.h:317:149: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
alert.cpp: In member function ‘std::string CUnsignedAlert::ToString() const’:
alert.cpp:50:12: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘PRId64’
alert.cpp:50:12: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format [-Wformat]
alert.cpp:50:12: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

Hi fairglu... please post this on https://www.vericoinforums.com/threads/mandatory-protocol-update-1-4-1-3.554/ and address it to @effects2cause.

I'll try compiling it on my Xubuntu box, as well.

EDIT: Compiles fine here. Downloaded the ZIP from https://github.com/vericoin/vericoin (branch 'master').  Make sure your build environment looks like this: https://github.com/vericoin/vericoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:48:10 PM

Who runs the vericoin forums? I love the widget with the network information. Job well done.
thevinci

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:07:10 AM

Why do wallets not auto-update like the browsers?
kleineaap

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:10:09 AM

Why do wallets not auto-update like the browsers?

Because they were not designed for doing such.

ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:00:10 AM

Who runs the vericoin forums? I love the widget with the network information. Job well done.

I created the stats widget; glad you like it!

Here's a stand-alone version that allows you to customize the text that appears in the browser tab for at-a-glance checks:

https://www.vericoinforums.com/stats/

Looks like I need to fix the value increase/decrease arrows. ::grumble::

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

I created the stats widget; glad you like it!

Here's a stand-alone version that allows you to customize the text that appears in the browser tab for at-a-glance checks:

https://www.vericoinforums.com/stats/

Looks like I need to fix the value increase/decrease arrows. ::grumble::

Super clean. Not many people go with Xenforo. Are you caching the results for the widget?
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:51:30 AM

Thank you @effectstocause for updating this forum and making this thread live again. I hope our new viewers of this thread will see the new original post and see what the developers have been working on.

Let's get this ball rolling again! VeriCoin is back, and we brought something new.
verb

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:45:50 AM

VRM mining algo and ICO e.t.a.?
Also, you can only invest in VRM ICO with VRC?

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:52:58 AM

Vericoin is back Smiley
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 06:38:49 AM

Back on track!

_@/'
Pages: « 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 [851] 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: