Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Goomboo's Journal  (Read 281394 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 01:26:33 AM

I dont want to argue religion or anything, just for fun ill tell everyone...

I'm an Existentialist determinist.

I have my own saying, "existence precedes essence, but the truth precedes all"

and i do believe in god, but not in the traditional sense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:30:38 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2012, 02:16:55 AM by Otoh

Goomboo, out of all the prognosticators in the Speculation Forum, you're the only one I know that says things like

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all of your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." - Proverbs 1:7

verily I say unto ye that the TA prophets are upon us

actually in a non religious sense I do agree with both of those proverbs

& yes, I & those I've invested for are sitting on that unrealized prophet atm

We give Thanks!
O.

Glad to hear the markets are treating you well.

well I still have to reach my base price on Bitcoinica (it's close) though interestingly enough 5 days or 6 now I started a fund for a friend's sister's kid who just lost her father in a tragic accident very young, the BTC & money I paid in to that have done very well - basically it's private but once I ask & hopefully receive permission from her mom (who doesn't know about it yet) I will send you the link to it, I believe that it's not a coincidence putting energy & effort in to that disinterested venture prospered & I'm sure that you will find it of interst

I firmly believe that those who honestly seek wisdom will eventually end up on their knees before God and the Cross.

I beg to differ, if only for your definition of God as something one could ever be separate from (how silly) & personally i don't humble myself to instruments of torture however symbolic they may be

The person who wrote those words 3,000 years ago was really an interesting man.  He was the richest king in the world, had 1,000 women, an army of traders, a kingdom...basically anything you're passionate about, he had it.  He ended his days in depression and despair, however because he decided to pursue these things - wealth, women, fame - with all of his heart.  

been there, done that

In his last passage of scripture, Solomon speaks the absolute truth about life:

"dood - I'm outa here"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Ecc&c=12&v=1&t=NIV

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Goomboo (OP)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:33:17 AM

No gods or kings only man.

edit: and bitcoins

Well, I know for a fact that there are kings.  I also know for a fact that we are all dying - so man is falling off that list.

I humbly suggest that you pursue something of a little more permanence.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:34:04 AM

yeah, not the forum for that discussion, I agree....

but I'll just leave this here:

Genesis 6:3 "Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

plus or minus?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

/troll
Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:34:35 AM

It sounds like you are your own god.
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:38:30 AM

Jesus loves everybody, I have standards.
-- Satan

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:39:42 AM

Jesus loves everybody, I have standards.

I cant find where he said that... are we really doing this? no people!! bitcoin speculations!! go go go
Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:41:52 AM

Goomboo, out of all the prognosticators in the Speculation Forum, you're the only one I know that says things like

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all of your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." - Proverbs 1:7

verily I say unto ye that the TA prophets are upon us

actually in a non religious sense I do agree with both of those proverbs

& yes, I & those I've invested for are sitting on that unrealized prophet atm

We give Thanks!
O.

Glad to hear the markets are treating you well.

well I still have to reach my base price on Bitcoinica (it's close) though interestingly enough 5 days or 6 now I started a fund for a friend's sister's kid who just lost her father in a tragic accident very young, the BTC & money I paid in to that have done very well - basically it's private but once I ask & hopefully receive permission from her mom (who doesn't know about it yet) I will send you the link to it, I believe that it's not a coincidence putting energy & effort in to that disinterested venture prospered & I'm sure that you will find it of interst

I firmly believe that those who honestly seek wisdom will eventually end up on their knees before God and the Cross.

I beg to differ, if only for your definition of God as something one could ever be separate from (how silly) & personally i don't humble myself to instruments of torture however symbolic they may be

The person who wrote those words 3,000 years ago was really an interesting man.  He was the richest king in the world, had 1,000 women, an army of traders, a kingdom...basically anything you're passionate about, he had it.  He ended his days in depression and despair, however because he decided to pursue these things - wealth, women, fame - with all of his heart. 

been there, done that

In his last passage of scripture, Solomon speaks the absolute truth about life:

dood - I'm outa here

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Ecc&c=12&v=1&t=NIV

Thank you for your feedback - I welcome challenges to my faith - it definitely helps me re-examine my beliefs.

-Scripture actually teaches that we separated ourselves from God through sin.
-It also speaks of the cross as a very beautiful thing - Jesus humbled himself to death on the cross to pay the penalty that we owe.

Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:44:15 AM

yeah, not the forum for that discussion, I agree....

but I'll just leave this here:

Genesis 6:3 "Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

plus or minus?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

/troll

That verse is actually quite misquoted - it's widely believed to be generations or family lines, not actual years.  But it's one of those issues that really isn't the breaking points of a believer's faith.  If I had it all figured out, where would "faith" even be?
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:46:19 AM

not misquoted. I've got the bible right here in my hand. says pretty definitely 120 years.

Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the quantity of replies to me standing up for my faith.

Thank you all for your feedback and challenges to my beliefs.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:03:32 AM

No one is attacking you... at least I'm not. I've only shown you what is written in your own book. how you deal with the contradiction is up to you.
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:16:26 AM

No one is attacking you... at least I'm not. I've only shown you what is written in your own book. how you deal with the contradiction is up to you.

Abraham lived 175 years, according to the Bible. (Abraham was born after God made the 120 year declaration, for those of you who didn't know.) Doesn't hurt the faith of any Christians, or the people who passed the words of the book down through millienia.

Talk about a massive thread derailment...

I'm with Goomboo though.

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:58:36 AM

Thread derailment indeed.this is not the place for this discussion.
Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:22:52 AM

Thread derailment indeed.this is not the place for this discussion.

Yeah, I'm really not interested in religious debate - it doesn't accomplish much.

I have my beliefs and I will express them in this thread and you are more than welcome to express yours as well.

Thank you for contributing to the journal!
Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:30:36 AM

Goomboo, out of all the prognosticators in the Speculation Forum, your the only I know that says things like

".... you should be sitting on a 3-4% unrealized profit."

How refreshing.

Thanks!
S.

Thank you for your kind words,

There's a saying "the trend is your friend until the bend at the end".  Those who are trading on the hourly and sitting on a 3-4% profit need to know that if the trend ends here, they will probably earn a smaller return and if it dramatically ends, you could lose on this trade.

So basically, don't chase a trade - if you missed it, you missed it - and don't spend money before your earn it!

Keep your eyes open hourly traders - it looks like the short-term trend could be stalling or reversing.

Since the first time of this move, price has closed below the 21 period EMA.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 04:57:52 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2012, 05:11:58 AM by adamstgBit

It sounds like you are your own god.

even god is only a small insignificant part of god

My son is a god, I am a god, we are all gods.

Yet none of us are truly godly, some more then others..... some are devils

And so, only for a time, we fight for our right to be.

Cheesy - Enjoy The Ride

Cheesy

Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:51:09 PM

Keep your eyes open hourly traders - it looks like the short-term trend could be stalling or reversing.

Since the first time of this move, price has closed below the 21 period EMA.

The trade should be closed and you should have earned a 2-3% profit.

Those following the trend for the past few trades should have:

-Shorted on Feb. 5th and closed on Feb. 7th = 4% profit
-Long on Feb. 7th and closed on Feb. 8th = 1% loss
-Shorted on Feb. 8th and closed on Feb. 9th = 2% loss
-Long Feb. 9th and closed on Feb. 11th = 3% profit

See why it's an interesting paradox to be a trader?  You only won 50% of your trades - your success ratio was pretty much the same as tossing a coin.  However, in the past 4 days, you've earned a 4% return.  This return is based on price - your actual return on your account will be a function of how much leverage you used on these trades.  For example, 2.5 leverage * 4% = 10% return on account.  Also, this is before commissions, slippage, and the spread...this is a difficult market to trade.

This success ratio is actually pretty high.  As the BTC market becomes more mature, I would expect the success ratio to be more in line with other markets.  A trend following system typically only wins 30-40% of the trades it takes.

Discipline is especially required for system traders - it is agonizing watching a healthy profit slip into a loss or dwindle away as the market slowly shifts against you.  We are not chasing an emotional feeling of success or achievement - we are after consistent and scalable profit.  It's emotionally rough to know with mathematical certainty that every time you take a trade, the markets are against you.  More than likely, you will lose money on a given trade.  Remember the testing we did?  Remember how we examined nearly every aspect of the system?  You absolutely must stick with the system, however.  If you do not stick with the system, this testing is worthless and you are in uncharted territory...frankly, flipping a coin and trading by the seat of your pants.
Goomboo (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:30:02 PM

Hourly traders should be sitting on a 5% unrealized profit from the short position initiated 12 hours ago.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 11:07:08 PM

The behavior of traders lately really fed your tactic some extra fuel. Awesome to watch. Certainly beat me on the last week, I just didn't come up with a tactic and stayed conservative -- no losses, but hardly any profits. Mechanically draining the trend hypes probably is one very good tactic in such a situation.

I am reminded of that turtle from Love Hina that can fly at times. Cool Good job on this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: