Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186878 times)
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 01:24:50 PM

Stupid meme. I'm nice enough not to embed the image for fear of destabilizing the discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:08:55 PM

Yeah but more than just giga and luke jr. You are going to need about 10 members of this forum to post in the next 2 weeks for us to believe you did your first batch of 50.

Keep in mind we know you are selling a product with a chip that costs way more than your whole product retail.
You think, not you know. Oh well, that's what speculation is all about.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:22:55 PM

Now officially following  Grin

Energizer

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 03:25:53 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2012, 05:01:09 PM by Energizer

I got an email back from Sonny the other day. He's saying late this week for my singles.

I run Mac. Wondering if cgminer will compile for me and support the singles?

@jddebug, when did you place that order? I'm guessing November or December? Would give us an idea of how far along BFL is with their backlog.  Undecided
Not jddebug, but hopefully helping clarification: I placed my order end of January and received wire transfer information the same day. Payment from Europe took about one week and Sonny confirmed receipt immediately, giving me a projected delivery date mid of March.

I also requested updated API specification and received it the same day. That's why I never got impatient with them. OTOH, that were the times when 90% of forum members bashed BFL as scammers and the amount of orders might have been low.

I placed my order in early January and paid via Paypal, and as of today I have received: Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
In other words, this is now the 8th week [of waiting], seven weeks have passed.

Same here! it is almost 9 weeks now! and I've received NOTHING! I accept such delay as long as there would be an overall improvement to performance/cooling! But what is making me so angry is that Sonny started to ignore my emails 2 weeks ago. He used to answer my emails immediately in the first month but now it takes him at least 1 week to respond!

We apologize for any delays you have encountered. The reason behind our silence is that we're working to ship all units
as fast as we can. Delivery has already started, yet not all the people who ordered are participating in this forum.
As a result, out of many that are shipped, a few will post comments here in BitcoinTalk.org.

Regards,

Yeah but more than just giga and luke jr. You are going to need about 10 members of this forum to post in the next 2 weeks for us to believe you did your first batch of 50.

Keep in mind we know you are selling a product with a chip that costs way more than your whole product retail.

I guess their real profit would be in mining! How? They would manage to always keep 300 to 500 devices mining 24/7 in their lab. If they are following such approach, this means that they wouldn't fully ship the first batch up until the second batch will be ready for mining/testing in their lab!
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:19:40 PM

@Energizer: We do test all the units for a minimum of 12 hours prior to shipping. This is our endurance test
that is done in a harsh environment to make sure the unit is stable and will not encounter any problem in its
lifetime.

Regards,

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:22:47 PM

@Energizer: We do test all the units for a minimum of 12 hours prior to shipping. This is our endurance test
that is done in a harsh environment to make sure the unit is stable and will not encounter any problem in its
lifetime.

Regards,

How long is the units lifetime and when will I get a reply to my email sent last Friday (24/02/12) about my PayPal purchase the same day?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 04:58:05 PM

lifetime.
Regards,

Can you define 'harsh environment'? Temperature, humidity?
12h is not much, even some of my rigs used to crash after ~15h if they weren't stable (I know bitforce != mining rig, but I would still leave it for at least 2 or 3 days)

Signature space available for rent.
Energizer

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:00:13 PM

lifetime.

Regards,

It would be great if you can find some time for answering our emails the same way you find time to respond here!

Its amazing how a single chinese engineer "ngzhang" manage to answer emails/design Icarus boards/develop software/test boards, and meet all his customers requirements in time "VIVA CHINA"!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:14:19 PM

Its amazing how a single chinese engineer "ngzhang" manage to answer emails/design Icarus boards/develop software/test boards, and meet all his customers requirements in time "VIVA CHINA"!

And already shipped 100 units with another 100 units set to ship in 10 days. Too soon?
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:27:49 PM

lifetime.

Regards,

It would be great if you can find some time for answering our emails the same way you find time to respond here!

thats a very good point - you guys should hire a temp or a grad student or someone to handle customer service. a little bit of good customer service goes a long way. IMO it looks like they are just understaffed. I placed my order almost a week ago and still have not been given instructions to pay for my order.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 05:30:57 PM

lifetime.

Regards,

thats a very good point - you guys should hire a temp or a grad student or someone to handle customer service. a little bit of good customer service goes a long way. IMO it looks like they are just understaffed. I placed my order almost a week ago and still have not been given instructions to pay for my order.

Should have paid with PayPal the money from my order last Friday has left my bank account so hopefully my order is under way  Grin

fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:05:11 PM

Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

Usiing a recent git pull version of cgminer, no command-line options are necessary for devices already connected to the computer, i.e. Luke-Jr is working on the Plug-n-play version, based on the git comments(haven't had any direct communications with Luke-Jr).

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:06:21 PM

Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

Usiing a recent git pull version of cgminer, no command-line options are necessary for devices already connected to the computer, i.e. Luke-Jr is working on the Plug-n-play version, based on the git comments(haven't had any direct communications with Luke-Jr).

So this makes the 3rd confirmed delivery right?
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:17:49 PM

Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

I'm glad to see more singles in the wild!

* gigavps moves chips all in.....
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:27:41 PM

So am I  Grin
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 07:05:19 PM

Butterfly Labs - can you tell us how many backorders you have at this point?

I see so many people saying they have ordered 1 or 2 (or 10).  If we assume 300 backordered singles, and say, 10 of the box rigs, that's around 750 GH/s of added hashing power!  Increase of difficulty around 7.5% from where we are now...  I guess it's not a huge amount, but still interesting to think about!
Inspector 2211

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 07:20:00 PM

I see so many people saying they have ordered 1 or 2 (or 10).  If we assume 300 backordered singles, and say, 10 of the box rigs, that's around 750 GH/s of added hashing power!  Increase of difficulty around 7.5% from where we are now...  I guess it's not a huge amount, but still interesting to think about!

You forget to account for the fact that some GPU-based rigs will be retired when the Singles come online, due to power / heat concerns.

I, for one, will probably turn off one GPU-based rig for every 5 or 6 singles I bring online, due to heat concerns.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 08:53:33 PM

You forget to account for the fact that some GPU-based rigs will be retired when the Singles come online, due to power / heat concerns.

I, for one, will probably turn off one GPU-based rig for every 5 or 6 singles I bring online, due to heat concerns.
Good point as well.
bombo999 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 01:48:09 AM

Has anyone received any comment from bfl regarding why they no longer accept bitcoin as a payment method?
yrral

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 01:55:38 AM

Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

So am I  Grin
Did either of you receive an email when they shipped it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: