Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:57:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186889 times)
antirack

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:37:48 AM

Marking them as gift is no use, as you'll have to pay import tax even on gifts in the UK or EU after a certain amount (40 Euros as far as I know, when received as package).

And I don't see BFL undervaluing them in the customs  form, since they'd have difficulties to prove (to PayPal or Credit Card company) that they shipped indeed what you paid for. Maybe if you paid by bitcoin, but since they pulled that now I guess that would only be an option for a few lucky ones who ordered in the past.

Also, customs are not that stupid. If the parcel comes from Butterfly Labs they'll Google that (or just type the URL on the invoice) and come up with the real price of the item.

Unless BFL doesn't give a sh*t, then they'd send the parcel from a private address with a private name and say here's your 'magic electronics' you forgot at my place during our new year engineering session at my house. But I doubt customs would fall for that. Maybe they could pretend it being an RMA, but customs may ask you for proof that you actually sent something to them and that you paid tax when you originally bought the item. Might work for a second unit though, you could just pretend you sent your first one back and thats the new one (they will probably ask for a receipt to show you actually sent something back).

Either way, you are screwed if you live in Europe ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 01:40:51 AM

Marking them as gift is no use, as you'll have to pay import tax even on gifts in the UK or EU after a certain amount (40 Euros as far as I know, when received as package).

And I don't see BFL undervaluing them in the customs  form, since they'd have difficulties to prove (to PayPal or Credit Card company) that they shipped indeed what you paid for. Maybe if you paid by bitcoin, but since they pulled that now I guess that would only be an option for a few lucky ones who ordered in the past.

Also, customs are not that stupid. If the parcel comes from Butterfly labs they'll Google that and come up with the real price of the item.

Unless BFL doesn't give a sh*t, then they'd send the parcel from a private address with a private name and say here's your 'magic electronics' you forgot at my place during our new year engineering session at my house. But I doubt customs would fall for that. Maybe they could pretend it being an RMA, but customs may ask you for proof that you actually sent something to them and that you paid tax when you originally bought the item.

So what kind of fees am I looking at paying to Royal Mail for delivery on my £450 purchase?

antirack

Immersionist

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:45:27 AM

Minimum 20% (VAT) of total value (including shipping cost) goes to her royal majesty if I am not wrong.

If it arrives by courier, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

BFL has now put international shipping cost at $88 (forgot what it was before but lower I think), that smells like courier to me.
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:46:47 AM

Minimum 20% (VAT) of total value (including shipping cost) goes to her royal majesty if I am not wrong.

If it arrives by couriers, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

BFL has now put international shipping cost at $88 (forgot what it was before but lower I think), that smells like courier to me.

Sounds as we could use a reseller within EU.

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 01:54:20 AM

If it arrives by couriers, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

Sounds as we could use a reseller within EU.

I'd help do that if I can find enough storage?

antirack

Immersionist

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:55:58 AM

Storage for what? A hundred singles could be stored in your trunk under your bed.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 01:57:57 AM

BFL is obviously so overwealmed by the Bitcoin community that they aren even answering their phones or returning emails at this point, lets help it turns around soon , I have been trying for two days to place an order for 2 BFL singles via dwolla and I cant seem to get ahold of ANYONE

fred0

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 03:37:06 AM

BFL is obviously so overwealmed by the Bitcoin community that they aren even answering their phones or returning emails at this point, lets help it turns around soon , I have been trying for two days to place an order for 2 BFL singles via dwolla and I cant seem to get ahold of ANYONE
At least you got your order in queue. If price follows the rules of supply and demand then the price should be going UP!
antirack

Immersionist

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 03:53:47 AM

I have just cancelled my order of 20 single units so this should be good news for all of you guys waiting in line.

Kudos to BFL for providing my refunds (PayPal) within 5 minutes of me sending an email. One of the refunds may take a while since I used T/T for payment.

I had 20 singles + 1 Rig Box on order but I decided to wait for a few months until they solved all the problems (extra fans, manually cutting holes in the bottom of the boxes) and I see more units out there. I'd hate to see my Rig Box arrive with an extra fan and a huge hole at the bottom of the case.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 03:57:51 AM

I have just cancelled my order of 20 single units so this should be good news for all of you guys waiting in line.

Kudos to BFL for providing my refunds (PayPal) within 5 minutes of me sending an email. One of the refunds may take a while since I used T/T for payment.

I had 20 singles + 1 Rig Box on order but I decided to wait for a few months until they solved all the problems (extra fans, manually cutting holes in the bottom of the boxes) and I see more units out there. I'd hate to see my Rig Box arrive with an extra fan and a huge hole at the bottom of the case.

thats some serious money...
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 11:59:58 AM

Unless BFL doesn't give a sh*t, then they'd send the parcel from a private address with a private name and say here's your 'magic electronics' you forgot at my place during our new year engineering session at my house. But I doubt customs would fall for that. Maybe they could pretend it being an RMA, but customs may ask you for proof that you actually sent something to them and that you paid tax when you originally bought the item. Might work for a second unit though, you could just pretend you sent your first one back and thats the new one (they will probably ask for a receipt to show you actually sent something back).

Frankfurt in Germany is a good and relax place to ship parcels...

We apologize for any inconvenience. We've been processing orders as fast as we can, and catching up with
all of the inquires without delay has been proven to be a bit difficult. We will send your order details as soon as it is
possible for us.

Regards,

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 07:03:27 PM

Does this mean that you have a way to ship Eu-customers with our customs seeing the package originating from within the Eu ?
...and if not then what do you mean by this ?

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 08:07:36 PM

We apologize for any inconvenience. We've been processing orders as fast as we can, and catching up with
all of the inquires without delay has been proven to be a bit difficult. We will send your order details as soon as it is
possible for us.

Regards,

thanks BFL

I guess I will wait patiently for you to contact me. I want to order two BFL singles and I have the money ready to transfer out of dwolla the moment you give me the OK. I am really anxious to get this ball rolling

thanks!
bombo999 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 12:03:10 AM

Has BFL provided any comment as to why they have stopped taking bitcoin as payment?
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 12:12:16 AM

If it arrives by courier, they may charge another fee on top of that for the handling.

Yes. This is absolutely right.

I imported a laptop from the US once and I had to pay 2 things : about 30 GBP to Parcelforce for handling it in the UK and about 20% VAT from the declared value of the package as import duty.

So, in summary : EU / UK guys get SCREWED by import fees.

Let us do some calculations : 450 GBP just price + 30 GBP handling fee + 90 GBP duty = 570 GBP price for everything ( just one single ) ?

Does it come with 240V and UK plug support ?

Anyone in the UK can confirm actual figures once they get a unit, if possible ?

Thanks !
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 01:07:18 AM

I imported a laptop from the US once and I had to pay 2 things : about 30 GBP to Parcelforce for handling it in the UK and about 20% VAT from the declared value of the package as import duty.

Let us do some calculations : 450 GBP just price + 30 GBP handling fee + 90 GBP duty = 570 GBP price for everything ( just one single ) ?

Thanks !

I live in the UK and put an order in yesterday via PayPal.  Will let everyone know as soon as it's delivered if no one beats me to it.

Inspector 2211

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 01:12:22 AM

Thanks !

I live in the UK and put an order in yesterday via PayPal.  Will let everyone know as soon as it's delivered if no one beats me to it.

Do you know that it's going to take 4 to 6 weeks until you receive it?

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 06:05:45 AM

Thanks !

Do you know that it's going to take 4 to 6 weeks until you receive it?

Yes

cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 09:29:53 PM

i placed an order to pay with dwolla a few days ago, sent couple emails, PMs even called

trying to be patient... waiting for them to contact me
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 10:16:05 PM

i placed an order to pay with dwolla a few days ago, sent couple emails, PMs even called

trying to be patient... waiting for them to contact me
Just called Sonny, its some sort of problem with web site, he's gonna fix it later.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: