Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: na
na
na

Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY  (Read 816000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:53:39 AM

ANON NITESEND in your title? Explain.

I'm here now.

It's a decentralized implementation of coinjoin and doesn't rely on masternode. It will be integrated back on the wallet after the final version is ready.
silversonx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:05:47 AM

buy the dips!  wink wink
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:16:52 AM

It will be interesting to see sync price in the next 6 months after 1 asset is sold. ( I am not saying the domain will be sold in 6 month, it can happen anytime)

Market is usually bad around this time of the year, starting from Sept/Nov, things should be moving up to $700 +
youngg

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:19:46 AM

Going to be introducing the new lead dev that has been working behind the scenes, did wallet version 1.1.0.

Pls welcome one of the highest rated devs on Freelancer as our new Lead Dev, Iyad Elkfarna

www.freelancer.com/u/ielkfarna.html
www.linkedin.com/pub/iyad-elkfarna/39/796/9a4

Welcome Iyad Elkfarna ! Can't wait to see some great upcoming stuff from him Wink

Wait a sec... He is in Gaza?

Community Alert!

Yes and he needs the Sync community's help to get his family out. Pls donate, pls retweet and share.

https://twitter.com/smokin35/status/504297109135585280

We need 15btc to get him out, Im starting it by donating 2btc. Dig deep today, help make a difference in someone's life.

16mPfBCgSgRD8MWJ5pgPcYdSC7witxx8Fx

Altcoin Today

http://www.altcointoday.com/breaking-news-lead-dev-of-sync-coin-cries-out-for-help-from-gazas-war-zone/

And now on Coindesk

http://www.coindesk.com/sync-community-raising-15-btc-help-lead-developer-evacuate-gaza/

Come on Sync'ers, this is a moment to shine, make a real difference. Even if you can't donate, at least help spread the word.

Thanks a ton to everyone who has already donated.

Community has donated a whopping 1.5btc so far. Believe me, it will benefit all Sync owners as he currently cannot communicate or work for large chunks of the day because of power outages, attacks.

I donated 2btc myself which is more than entire community so far. Dont make us look bad, dont miss the opp to help a family in need directly - with 100% of proceeds going to the family.

Dig deep or spread the word, anything and everything helps.
youngg

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:39:33 AM

Going to be introducing the new lead dev that has been working behind the scenes, did wallet version 1.1.0.

Pls welcome one of the highest rated devs on Freelancer as our new Lead Dev, Iyad Elkfarna

Welcome Iyad Elkfarna ! Can't wait to see some great upcoming stuff from him Wink

Community Alert!

Yes and he needs the Sync community's help to get his family out. Pls donate, pls retweet and share.

We need 15btc to get him out, Im starting it by donating 2btc. Dig deep today, help make a difference in someone's life.

Altcoin Today

http://www.altcointoday.com/breaking-news-lead-dev-of-sync-coin-cries-out-for-help-from-gazas-war-zone/

And now on Coindesk

http://www.coindesk.com/sync-community-raising-15-btc-help-lead-developer-evacuate-gaza/

Come on Sync'ers, this is a moment to shine, make a real difference. Even if you can't donate, at least help spread the word.

Community has donated a whopping 1.5btc so far. Believe me, it will benefit all Sync owners as he currently cannot communicate or work for large chunks of the day because of power outages, attacks.

I donated 2btc myself which is more than entire community so far. Dont make us look bad, dont miss the opp to help a family in need directly - with 100% of proceeds going to the family.

We've got someone willing to match up to 2btc in donations!

https://twitter.com/noahheaser/status/504455747158032384
cryptoexplorer

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:05:24 AM

Community Alert!

Altcoin Today

And now on Coindesk

Donation sent!
youngg

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:32:34 AM

Community Alert!

Altcoin Today

And now on Coindesk

Donation sent!

Awesome! Thank you!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

I have a proposal to the Sync community

I was an investor in Palestinecoin and unfortunately the coin, which was destined to be a charity for some Palestinian charity groups, turned out to be a scam because the dev has disappeared.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712124.0

Ccex should still have the escrow, I personally have 90k coins. Perhaps some people in the Sync community could take it over, I'd be willing to match say, 30% of my coins if it can get off the ground again and fulfill its mission.
Altpocalypse

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:39:56 PM

Ok, the donation request by Youngg / @Smokin35 has caused me to create a Bitcointalk account for the first time and I will sincerely forever hate him for that.  Cool

I couldn't resist though.  I have to address the Sync community with a serious question.  

Why are we, as a group, so reluctant to donate a few BTC to help an extremely worthy cause?

I completely understand the hesitation to send BTC to some unknown address only because a guy on a forum / twitter has asked us to.  I've been burned by a few scams as part of my introduction into cryptocurrency over the past few months, and I'm sure there are more scams waiting for me down the road.  That's a risk I've accepted from the very moment I entered my banking information into Coinbase, bought BTC, and sent BTC to Mintpal, and bought Dogecoin as my first altcoin ever.  At any point during that transaction, my money could have disappeared and there wasn't really shit I could have done about it.  I knew that and accepted that.  ( By the way, I think my first true scam was the original LibertyCoin.  That was my first "big loss." ) Moving on....

Crypto is about Risk vs Reward, as is with many things in life.  When Youngg / @Smokin35 / @SyncFund / Mike Fiol reached out on Twitter asking for donations to help relocate the new developer of Sync, I was one of the first to donate.  Why did I so blindly send BTC to an address posted on Twitter by a guy I don't even know? Maybe I'm gullible, that's certainly a possibility.  But it was 0.25 BTC... about $125 or so.  I'll waste that much money on alcohol, coffee, and Chipotle this month and won't think twice about it.  And if I can possibly help someone relocate from a war zone, why not?

As I said above, it's all Risk vs Reward.  

The risks are, you get scammed.  Meaning the BTC you donated does not go towards the intended cause.  This was all a premeditated plan, starting several days ago, to extract 13 BTC from the Sync community and people on Twitter. Anyone who is involved in altcoins knows this could be a possibility and our imaginations can run wild.  Could someone have hacked Mike Fiol's Twitter account along with his Bitcointalk account and use this opportunity to prey on the supposed generosity of the Sync community to steal 13 BTC?  Maybe... but I think it's pretty far fetched even for crypto.  If his accounts were hacked, including Email since he had correspondence with Coindesk and Altcointoday or whatever that site is, I assume Mike Fiol would have found a way to alert everyone and I assume the Hacker would have larger targets in mind.   Or maybe Mike Fiol is not as wealthy as people think and he needs 13 BTC to feed his family.  Or maybe he gambled everything away over the weekend and desperately needs 13 BTC.  Who the fuck knows?  There are a thousand possible scenarios.  

The rewards are, you may help someone escape a violent situation and relocate to a more peaceful existence.    I know nothing about Iyad Elkfarna except from what I've read on the links provided in the Coindesk article.  From checking the information provided by @Smoking35, this forum, and the Coindesk article... this request for a small donation appears to be as legitimate as anything in crypto.  Not 100% of course, but the odds are decent enough for me to take a chance.   So I sent in a small donation in hopes that I could play a small part in saving a family's life.  I'm OK with that risk vs reward.

What it comes down to is this.  Do you trust Sync and those involved with it?  If you hold Sync as a long term investment, as many of us do, then the answer should be yes.  I hold 3 Sync, which is a large chunk of my crypto bankroll.  If I have that much faith to risk the majority of my BTC on this project and people behind it, then I trust them enough not to devise some elaborate scheme to scam us out of 13 BTC. Therefore, I couldn't think of enough reason not to throw a few bucks his way.   Where are all of these Sync Whales that are risking significant amounts of BTC by staking SYNC long term?  Why have none of them even expressed support of this cause on here or on Twitter?  It would seem ridiculous to risk investing that much into a long term coin if you don't trust those behind it.  No one is asking you to sell your car.  But even if everyone only donated a portion of their Sync staking profits, the goal would have been met in a couple hours. That's the risk... donating profit you have already made by holding this coin that has not scammed you, but has paid you.  

Sorry this was so long.  But I'll end with one more question for the community.  Why do Sync owners not trust Mike Fiol enough to help out a cause he must obviously believe in?  This is a serious question. If there are valid reasons, please share them.   Maybe there are legitimate concerns or maybe some questions can be answered by him.

@Altpocalypse
cryptoexplorer

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:50:16 PM

Ok, the donation request by Youngg / @Smokin35 has caused me to create a Bitcointalk account for the first time and I will sincerely forever hate him for that.  Cool

I couldn't resist though.  I have to address the Sync community with a serious question.  

Why are we, as a group, so reluctant to donate a few BTC to help an extremely worthy cause?

I completely understand the hesitation to send BTC to some unknown address only because a guy on a forum / twitter has asked us to.  I've been burned by a few scams as part of my introduction into cryptocurrency over the past few months, and I'm sure there are more scams waiting for me down the road.  That's a risk I've accepted from the very moment I entered my banking information into Coinbase, bought BTC, and sent BTC to Mintpal, and bought Dogecoin as my first altcoin ever.  At any point during that transaction, my money could have disappeared and there wasn't really shit I could have done about it.  I knew that and accepted that.  ( By the way, I think my first true scam was the original LibertyCoin.  That was my first "big loss." ) Moving on....

Crypto is about Risk vs Reward, as is with many things in life.  When Youngg / @Smokin35 / @SyncFund / Mike Fiol reached out on Twitter asking for donations to help relocate the new developer of Sync, I was one of the first to donate.  Why did I so blindly send BTC to an address posted on Twitter by a guy I don't even know? Maybe I'm gullible, that's certainly a possibility.  But it was 0.25 BTC... about $125 or so.  I'll waste that much money on alcohol, coffee, and Chipotle this month and won't think twice about it.  And if I can possibly help someone relocate from a war zone, why not?

As I said above, it's all Risk vs Reward.  

The risks are, you get scammed.  Meaning the BTC you donated does not go towards the intended cause.  This was all a premeditated plan, starting several days ago, to extract 13 BTC from the Sync community and people on Twitter. Anyone who is involved in altcoins knows this could be a possibility and our imaginations can run wild.  Could someone have hacked Mike Fiol's Twitter account along with his Bitcointalk account and use this opportunity to prey on the supposed generosity of the Sync community to steal 13 BTC?  Maybe... but I think it's pretty far fetched even for crypto.  If his accounts were hacked, including Email since he had correspondence with Coindesk and Altcointoday or whatever that site is, I assume Mike Fiol would have found a way to alert everyone and I assume the Hacker would have larger targets in mind.   Or maybe Mike Fiol is not as wealthy as people think and he needs 13 BTC to feed his family.  Or maybe he gambled everything away over the weekend and desperately needs 13 BTC.  Who the fuck knows?  There are a thousand possible scenarios.  

The rewards are, you may help someone escape a violent situation and relocate to a more peaceful existence.    I know nothing about Iyad Elkfarna except from what I've read on the links provided in the Coindesk article.  From checking the information provided by @Smoking35, this forum, and the Coindesk article... this request for a small donation appears to be as legitimate as anything in crypto.  Not 100% of course, but the odds are decent enough for me to take a chance.   So I sent in a small donation in hopes that I could play a small part in saving a family's life.  I'm OK with that risk vs reward.

What it comes down to is this.  Do you trust Sync and those involved with it?  If you hold Sync as a long term investment, as many of us do, then the answer should be yes.  I hold 3 Sync, which is a large chunk of my crypto bankroll.  If I have that much faith to risk the majority of my BTC on this project and people behind it, then I trust them enough not to devise some elaborate scheme to scam us out of 13 BTC. Therefore, I couldn't think of enough reason not to throw a few bucks his way.   Where are all of these Sync Whales that are risking significant amounts of BTC by staking SYNC long term?  Why have none of them even expressed support of this cause on here or on Twitter?  It would seem ridiculous to risk investing that much into a long term coin if you don't trust those behind it.  No one is asking you to sell your car.  But even if everyone only donated a portion of their Sync staking profits, the goal would have been met in a couple hours. That's the risk... donating profit you have already made by holding this coin that has not scammed you, but has paid you.  

Sorry this was so long.  But I'll end with one more question for the community.  Why do Sync owners not trust Mike Fiol enough to help out a cause he must obviously believe in?  This is a serious question. If there are valid reasons, please share them.   Maybe there are legitimate concerns or maybe some questions can be answered by him.

@Altpocalypse

Well said man. I donated some last night.
mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Almost up to 10 of the target 15 BTC.

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
youngg

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:27:20 AM

So you know, Iyad provided ID and birth certificate, which was verified by both Coindesk and Altcoin Today.

I asked him to describe his situation for everyone, this is what he wrote back...

My name is Iyad Elkfarna and my family have lost everything  we own due to the ongoing war in Gaza. I was running a small online business and is nothing to do with any of the madness and killing that is going on at the moment. Now my house and all of my possessions have been destroyed in a recent random airstrike. This includes my computer and equipment that I use to make a living and provide for my family. There is a lot of killing and misery going on in Gaza at the moment but it seems so much more real when you know the people involved and not just watching it on the TV at home. I need to get out the WAR zone to live like normal people and get good life for my family.

Now I am in Gaza - Beithanoun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beit_Hanoun

Experiences:

o 10 years of programming and development experience in C++/QT Crypto, Oracle and Web Application developing

o Proficient in full software development life cycle, analysis design and implementation.

o Proficient in database design and maintenance.

o Proficient in analysis and documenting system requirements.

Freelancer can not accept you unless you prove your location they verified me. You can see my page.

https://www.freelancer.com/u/ielkfarna.html

So far we have raised about 9.3btc from his cause. So close, please help, it is good for Sync, good for you, good for crypto.

Donation address:

ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:26:43 AM

Community Alert!

Altcoin Today

And now on Coindesk

How can he convert BTC to fiat to escaoe Gaza? What's he using the money for?
InfN8Void

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Don't let your humanity get lost in the void.

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:26:37 AM

Community Alert!

Altcoin Today

And now on Coindesk

Hezbollah has a Bitcoin ATM.  Cheesy

"May you forge your coins from nothingness and may they never be worth nothing." - Anonymous Miner
youngg

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:41:28 AM

Community Alert!

Altcoin Today

And now on Coindesk

Money is being used to get out, pure and simple. Takes money.

We may have to convert and send it to him if he cannot. He's been in crypto a long time so I suspect he can somehow. And isnt that the point? The unbanked?
manav1112

Activity: 298

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:03:53 AM

So you know, Iyad provided ID and birth certificate, which was verified by both Coindesk and Altcoin Today.

I asked him to describe his situation for everyone, this is what he wrote back...

My name is Iyad Elkfarna and my family have lost everything  we own due to the ongoing war in Gaza. I was running a small online business and is nothing to do with any of the madness and killing that is going on at the moment. Now my house and all of my possessions have been destroyed in a recent random airstrike. This includes my computer and equipment that I use to make a living and provide for my family. There is a lot of killing and misery going on in Gaza at the moment but it seems so much more real when you know the people involved and not just watching it on the TV at home. I need to get out the WAR zone to live like normal people and get good life for my family.

Now I am in Gaza - Beithanoun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beit_Hanoun

Experiences:

o 10 years of programming and development experience in C++/QT Crypto, Oracle and Web Application developing

o Proficient in full software development life cycle, analysis design and implementation.

o Proficient in database design and maintenance.

o Proficient in analysis and documenting system requirements.

Freelancer can not accept you unless you prove your location they verified me. You can see my page.

https://www.freelancer.com/u/ielkfarna.html

So far we have raised about 9.3btc from his cause. So close, please help, it is good for Sync, good for you, good for crypto.

Donation address:

How is the 15 btc going to be spent to get him out, is one question. Also second question is that, is there not a ceasefire at the moment? (please correct if i am wrong)
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:02:11 AM

His escape should be shown live in TV on prime time and on coindesk !
He should wear a GPS to follow him on an iphone app.... Cheesy

Syncers please give !
- The target is almost done
- He is the dev, we don't care how he will escape and who he will pay !!! WTF
- It is very good PR, updated on Coindesk
Spratan

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:07:02 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 11:19:14 AM by Spratan

His house and office was destroyed...

At least we know why Sync is not fully "Proof of Developper" with 6 stars !
He couldn't confirm his postal address !!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sorry, i couldn't resist  Roll Eyes
I have just donated by the way.
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:36:29 AM

He couldn't confirm his postal address !!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sorry, i couldn't resist  Roll Eyes

It makes sense to you that the new guy did the POD?
Spratan

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:45:13 AM

He couldn't confirm his postal address !!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sorry, i couldn't resist  Roll Eyes

It makes sense to you that the new guy did the POD?

Sorry, I didnt' figure out what you meant. You mean the POD is linked to another dev ? you ?
If not, do you know what are the requirements for 7 stars ?
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: