Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93673 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 09:21:47 PM

Best scam ever!

It will only be "best" if Matthew, after letting us know the magazine won't get published but money was spent on initial development, allowed us to request a refund of 49% of what we paid.
...and then tells us his name is actually Tom Williams.  Cheesy

On topic:  This isn't a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 10:12:19 PM

Let me just say, if the magazine is a scam, it's Bitcoin's biggest, most well orchestrated, most elaborate, most expensive and least efficient scam ever, for which the scammers go in the red just to pull it off on the community for the overall gain of negative profits, a dismantled incubator organization with 50+ members, the reputations of some of Bitcoin's most well known contributors, and my personal well-being.  Roll Eyes

Also, (o)(o) <-- tits so that I don't have to gtfo

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 01:40:03 AM

Also, (o)(o) <-- tits so that I don't have to gtfo

I saw that as  Shocked eyes, so... yeah... I fail.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 02:03:37 AM

Oh ye of little faith.

Great job, Matthew! Now that's a Bitcoin Magazine cover.

~Cackling Bear~
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:44:33 PM

Given the fast pace of the Crypto-Currency landscape, I can see most of the information in this first issue being completely outdated by the time it arrives.   Undecided

Haha. God I hope you're not serious.

You're probably right, it's not coming is it?  Embarrassed
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:52:49 PM

Given the fast pace of the Crypto-Currency landscape, I can see most of the information in this first issue being completely outdated by the time it arrives.   Undecided

Haha. God I hope you're not serious.

You're probably right, it's not coming is it?  Embarrassed

If you didn't provide an email for the digital copy or a proper physical address for the printed copy, it might not. Otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGyh9nDG1sQ

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:55:07 PM

why isn't the digital one even out, it's a SCAM!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:57:24 PM

For those of you who actually want to know the answer to this,

The printed copy is made out of the digital copy, so when we say "the magazine isn't done yet", we're talking about the digital copy.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:58:10 PM

The printed copy is made out of the digital copy, so when we say "the magazine isn't done yet", we're talking about the digital copy.
When are you going to start etching the plates?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:03:47 PM

Just finish it already. Angry

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

sure, I just don't understand how it was "going to print" like 2 months ago and now it's not ready. I can see a printing hold up but since the digital version is not out it's obviously not a print problem, it's a content issue. It's beyond me how it can go from "hey we are ready to go to print next week" to "OMG there's so much wrong in this magazine it will take OVER TWO MONTHS TO FIX!"
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:06:56 PM

sure, I just don't understand how it was "going to print" like 2 months ago and now it's not ready. I can see a printing hold up but since the digital version is not out it's obviously not a print problem, it's a content issue. It's beyond me how it can go from "hey we are ready to go to print next week" to "OMG there's so much wrong in this magazine it will take OVER TWO MONTHS TO FIX!"
You've never experienced the publishing biz.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:16:58 PM

So did the things that it not ready made just spontaneously appear, or did Matthew continuously lie to us about the state of the magazine's progress?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:17:35 PM

So did the things that it not ready made just spontaneously appear, or did Matthew continuously lie to us about the state of the magazine's progress?

I'd say I'm sufficiently guilty of being naive and being unable to see into the future, nothing more. This is already been addressed and a good majority of the effort and time spent on the magazine at this moment is involved in building the working team/system to create quality issues monthly, moreso than just pumping out a quick first issue solely to avoid forum members from claiming it's a scamRoll Eyes

+1

Try this on for size:

A designer designs an entire article's layout and imagework only to find that the printer says that it "won't look right" and has to be done again. Does that take 2 months to fix? No. But what happens when the process of redesigning that article, the contents of it need to be updated and now the shape of the article changes as well? Does that take 2 months to fix? No. But let's say that when the shapes have been updated and everything has been changed and now a significant amount of time has passed between graphics designer, writer, and layout designer's not answering each other's emails in a timely manner, we get to a problem of how the revisions should be tracked and what system to use to pinpoint errors. Okay, well that doesn't take 2 months either. But what if the organization you're moving these standards on has 12 members that must all have meetings on issues at a time of day (all located internationally) that they can all be available? Okay, well that doesn't take 2 months either, but let's say that while having these meetings new issues of a legal, moral, quality, professional, marketing, or design nature come up that cause the original ideas that spawned the original articles and designs to change. This would mean that the entire process would need to be redone, and that doesn't take 2 months either, but let's say that in redoing this process, more, better ideas are thrown into the mix as more professionals join the team to replace those less aware of standards? Well this wouldn't necessarily take 2 months either.

Except when you apply it to the amount of articles, images, designs, revisions, strategies that are actually in the works, and then yes- it mostly certainly does take 2 months.

Thanks for reading.

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:20:42 PM

I'd say I'm sufficiently guilty of being naive, nothing more.

+1

Try this on for size:

A designer designs an entire article's layout and imagework only to find that the printer says that it "won't look right" and has to be done again. Does that take 2 months to fix? No. But what happens when the process of redesigning that article, the contents of it need to be updated and now the shape of the article changes as well? Does that take 2 months to fix? No. But let's say that when the shapes have been updated and everything has been changed and now a significant amount of time has passed between graphics designer, writer, and layout designer's not answering each other's emails in a timely manner, we get to a problem of how the revisions should be tracked and what system to use to pinpoint errors. Okay, well that doesn't take 2 months either. But what if the organization you're moving these standards on has 12 members that must all have meetings on issues at a time of day (all located internationally) that they can all be available? Okay, well that doesn't take 2 months either, but let's say that while having these meetings new issues of a legal, moral, quality, professional, marketing, or design nature come up that cause the original ideas that spawned the original articles and designs to change. This would mean that the entire process would need to be redone, and that doesn't take 2 months either, but let's say that in redoing this process, more, better ideas are thrown into the mix as more professionals join the team to replace those less aware of standards? Well this wouldn't necessarily take 2 months either.

Except when you apply it to the amount of articles, images, designs, revisions, strategies that are actually in the works, and then yes- it mostly certainly does take 2 months.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you, good post. I never really thought it was a scam, just couldn't understand the hold up. Thanks again.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:52:58 PM

+1

Try this on for size:

Thanks for reading.

Sounds like quite the experience! Good luck, maybe if Bitcoin really takes off someday all of these first copies could be worth something Cheesy If I like the first copy I'm going to buy a duplicate just for that purpose.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Astro

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 06:56:14 AM

Buttcoin Magazine will be published before this is.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 07:09:29 AM

I still hope Anonymous is on the cover.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 08:01:48 AM

Buttcoin Magazine will be published before this is.
I would gladly subscribe.

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:35:49 PM

Why have you taken money for it already then, when there is not product yet?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: