Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93656 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 03:28:52 AM

Is this now going to be labeled as the May 2012 issue, sort of how it was scooted forward from being February to March so that when it "arrived" in February it would seem fresher?

Please, please, please quit requesting changes! Do you have any idea how long it takes to have the layout changed for something like that? April has five letters, whereas May has only three, therefore the whole front cover would have to be rearranged due to adding that extra white space. And if you change the cover, the images inside will need rearranging as well, then the content to coincide with the new images, as well. Hell, Bitcoin Magazine is already further behind since Matthew decided to include LadyBytes as the centerfold. It took two days before the illustrators even began to get bored of her image and moved on to the other 98 pages.

Therefore, I stress: No new changes! Unless, of course, this becomes a June issue, whereupon I'll delete this post, for four (letters) is much closer to five than thee is.

(My apologies to Matthew for injecting this friendly banter)

~Cackling Bear~

I just found this: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/bitcoin-gone-wild/

I wasn't aware of it when I penned the quoting-myself.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 11:41:03 AM

I stumble upon a "review" of Instawallet by Vitalik Buterin inb the magazine: it s very opinionated about the service we are running for free at our own expenses by stating it is "the least secure ".
Based on what and compared to what ?
Has there been a single occurence of fraud with instawallet.org ? None.
Adding an s to suggest with " instawallets" that this service is generic equates to condemning us to stand for any service ressembling ours failing in any manner for any reason.

In short, why send missiles on a website that is just trying to provide one of the easiest way to step into the bitcoin economy ?

This is not the best way to make newbies comfortable about using bitcoin.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 12:13:28 PM

I stumble upon a "review" of Instawallet by Vitalik Buterin inb the magazine: it s very opinionated about the service we are running for free at our own expenses by stating it is "the least secure ".
Adding an s to suggest with " instawallets" that this service is generic equates to condemning us to stand for any service ressembling ours failing in any manner for any reason.

In short, why send missiles on a website that is just trying to provide one of the easiest way to step into the bitcoin economy ?

Are the comments on the article not working?

That is the appropriate place to address inquiries to a specific article author.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 02:27:21 PM

...would you be so kind as to let us know what questions we can ask?

You can ask anything you want. I won't be discussing publishing or distribution details with the public in a thread. We'll announce important details like that directly on our website though.

That is the appropriate place to address inquiries to a specific article author.

First, there won't be any discussions on publishing or distribution details.  Now we've been directed to comment on the source of the article's page, for it's clearly shown that a discussion about an article in the Bitcoin Magazine would be better served if not bought forward here on this thread or elsewhere on this forum. The same thread of the same forum whose users offered up a myriad of suggestions during Bitcoin Magazine's inception for its betterment, in which many ideas were embraced, thus starting a snowball effect of said magazine's ability to obtain subscribers and advertisers.

That said, would somebody representing Bitcoin Magazine be so kind as to outline exactly what we can discuss on your official thread here on BitcoinTalk? Also, please offer up any other taboo subject matter so that users here won't be embarrassed when they inevitably may cross the line.

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:55:19 PM

First, there won't be any discussions on publishing or distribution details.  Now we've been directed to comment on the source of the article's page, for it's clearly shown that a discussion about an article in the Bitcoin Magazine would be better served if not bought forward here on this thread or elsewhere on this forum. The same thread of the same forum whose users offered up a myriad of suggestions during Bitcoin Magazine's inception for its betterment, in which many ideas were embraced, thus starting a snowball effect of said magazine's ability to obtain subscribers and advertisers.

That said, would somebody representing Bitcoin Magazine be so kind as to outline exactly what we can discuss on your official thread here on BitcoinTalk? Also, please offer up any other taboo subject matter so that users here won't be embarrassed when they inevitably may cross the line.

~Bruno~

I get the feeling you want to paint this as a conspiracy of sorts, so I'll explain.

Reader has problem with an article by a particular writer commissioned by the magazine. Reader can respond directly to the article for all other readers to discuss but most importantly for the author to see and respond to, defend if necessary, correct if necessary, apologize if necessary. Vitalik doesn't read this thread and I'm not going to relay messages to him when an open channel already exists.

This thread is about the magazine, not about individual article opinions. Feel free to troll about the shipping not having happened yet, the quality of the paper stock, etc, but when it comes to things like "Hey! Please get the guy who did this image in here and explain why he draw this sideways!", I kind of have to draw a line somewhere.

Start a new thread about it if you want, but don't expect the author to even know it exists. Bitcointalk != Bitcoin Magazine's personal forum. We already have plenty of communication channels and our own forums, bitcoin.org.uk. On that note, why aren't you over there Bruno? We need more good straight thinking people who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe but are equally capable of admitting mistakes. It seems like there are maybe 10 people on this entire forum with those qualities sometimes.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 03:05:59 PM

~Bruno~

I get the feeling you want to paint this as a conspiracy of sorts, so I'll explain.

Reader has problem with an article by a particular writer commissioned by the magazine. Reader can respond directly to the article for all other readers to discuss but most importantly for the author to see and respond to, defend if necessary, correct if necessary, apologize if necessary. Vitalik doesn't read this thread and I'm not going to relay messages to him when an open channel already exists.

This thread is about the magazine, not about individual article opinions. Feel free to troll about the shipping not having happened yet, the quality of the paper stock, etc, but when it comes to things like "Hey! Please get the guy who did this image in here and explain why he draw this sideways!", I kind of have to draw a line somewhere.

Start a new thread about it if you want, but don't expect the author to even know it exists. Bitcointalk != Bitcoin Magazine's personal forum. We already have plenty of communication channels and our own forums, bitcoin.org.uk. On that note, why aren't you over there Bruno? We need more good straight thinking people who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe but are equally capable of admitting mistakes. It seems like there are maybe 10 people on this entire forum with those qualities sometimes.

+1

I concede! Damn good post, one of which I can't argue (for lack of a better word). Thank you, Matthew. Later, bud.

~Bruno~
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 03:51:04 PM

No they were not, they are now and I just cross-posted there, humbly awaiting moderator's approval and strangling kittens just to stay cool .

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:05:51 PM

No they were not, they are now and I just cross-posted there, humbly awaiting moderator's approval and strangling kittens just to stay cool .

I noticed the comments weren't working correctly and/or were kind of hard to find. For that I owe an apology. I hope the issue with the article is cleared up speedily.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:42:42 PM

If you do not agree with position of some author published in Bitcoin Magazine be it a website or print, you could prepare and submit your own article. If it meets our standards and we have your permission it will get published.

Simply email it to info@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk and it will get to a right person.

-
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 10:36:51 PM

Sorry, I didn't want to read the 44 pages of excuses and shit talk to get an answer to my question.  When exactly can we expect to see our purchases in our mailboxes?
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 11:11:39 PM

When exactly can we expect to see our purchases in our mailboxes?

While I don't expect to get an exact date, I'm curious too:

When do you expect to ship the Bitcoin magazine (specifically in the US)?

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 11:44:17 PM

Sorry, I didn't want to read the 44 pages of excuses and shit talk to get an answer to my question.  When exactly can we expect to see our purchases in our mailboxes?

Sorry, I didn't realize your time was worth more than mine... so I won't be answering your question.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 12:22:47 AM

Already got my copy. It's a great read.

wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 12:25:33 AM

Already got my copy. It's a great read.

Seriously? When did you get it and where are you located (I mean are you in the US)?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:11:39 AM

Sorry, I didn't want to read the 44 pages of excuses and shit talk to get an answer to my question.  When exactly can we expect to see our purchases in our mailboxes?

While I don't expect to get an exact date, I'm curious too:

When do you expect to ship the Bitcoin magazine (specifically in the US)?

We expect it to be in the mailboxes of US citizens 10 days from shipping to the printers. Since the proof is still be finalized, no one has received their printed or digital copies yet. Your pre-orders are greatly appreciated and your patience will not go unrewarded.

P.S. Haters be hatin'. Cheesy

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:11:31 AM

P.S. Haters be hatin'. Cheesy
Glad to see you're almost ready to go to print. What a relief that must be. Hopefully, that will give you time for the next Christmas video special! =p

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 04:36:47 PM

@Matthew

I'm only going to say this ONCE (today)!!! I like the look, feel and content of http://bitcoinmagazine.net. Keep up the good work, crew.

That is all!

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 12:00:03 AM

@Matthew

I'm only going to pen these two words ONCE--2013 Bitcoin Calendar (Oops! Three Words)

I feel you and your team are in best position to pull this off. At a price point of $6.95-$9.95 USD (a guess) each, I pledge an order of 10 calendars. If you and your team are keen on this idea, please start another thread.

Sincerely,

~Bruno~
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 12:02:34 AM

@Matthew

I'm only going to pen these two words ONCE--2013 Bitcoin Calendar (Oops! Three Words)

I feel you and your team are in best position to pull this off. At a price point of $6.95-$9.95 USD (a guess) each, I pledge an order of 10 calendars. If you and your team are keen on this idea, please start another thread.

Sincerely,

~Bruno~

LOL, what would such a calendar have pictures of?  Causicious (however you spell them) coins?
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 12:08:11 AM

How many preorders have been purchased? I'm guessing 1-3k?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: