Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:37:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93673 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:57:07 PM

Why have you taken money for it already then, when there is not product yet?

What country are you from, Dansker? I don't know about other countries, but at least in the USA it is common practice to sell what is called "subscriptions". It is basically pre-ordering and reserving a fixed amount of issues to be delivered at a later date.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 02:39:42 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2012, 12:06:29 PM by kjlimo

What country are you from, Dansker? I don't know about other countries, but at least in the USA it is common practice to sell what is called "subscriptions". It is basically pre-ordering and reserving a fixed amount of issues to be delivered at a later date.

I support bitcoin magazine and tried to increase my subscription unsuccessfully

However, I will say when I bought my issue in January, the website led me to believe the magazine was ready for distribution.  Maybe until it is ready, you could update the website orders to be more clear that the magazine is still under construction?

Also if you want more of my money, let me know how I can give it to you.  

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 06:47:11 PM

Also if you want more of my money, let me know hwo I can give it to you.  

Here you go http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk/subscribe/

I do not think you really need to change your existing subscription/order if you just want to buy more. You could have as many of the options listed on that page as you like. However, support@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk is where customers can get support when needed.

Since some found language on order page confusing we will review it and try to make things more clear. Thank You.

-
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:42:07 PM

As my name implies, I am from Denmark.

In Denmark, you only sell the February issue of a magazine, if such an issue exists, or is going into existance in the upcoming Februrary.

Since my purchase of the February issue, I have come to learn that it will be a March issue. Fine, I will give you the extra time, and accept a months delay.

Since it is now March the 17th, it seems the Februrary turned March issue is turning into an April issue.

I ordered this magazine in the belief that it would be delivered to me within 1 month, or max 2 in the event of unforeseen issues arising.

I see you have already charged me for my purchase, but still no delivery is being made, nor is a date of such available.

You see, I work in debt collection, maybe this makes me a bit less patient and less trustful than others, but normally I would advice my client to either write off the money spent, or initiate litigation at this point, when nothing but promises has been delivered for 1-2 months.

Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:58:37 PM

Matthew has already been convicted as a scammer. You accepted the likely chance of not receiving your product from the start(!)

I'm just bustin' chops.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:00:07 PM

these guys have done plenty of business around here and it all appears very above board. yeh theres delays, its not the end of the world. its a magazine not a car. maybe at some point those loyal first batch of customers who understood the trouble for starting *any* business will get a free issue or that sometime down the line. Not putting words in their mouth of anything xP
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:04:45 PM

these guys have done plenty of business around here and it all appears very above board. yeh theres delays, its not the end of the world. its a magazine not a car. maybe at some point those loyal first batch of customers who understood the trouble for starting *any* business will get a free issue or that sometime down the line. Not putting words in their mouth of anything xP
What's that? I think I just heard Matthew say free issues all around.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:38:35 PM

I hear we all get a castle in the sky included too!

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 12:16:35 AM

As my name implies, I am from Denmark.

In Denmark, you only sell the February issue of a magazine, if such an issue exists, or is going into existance in the upcoming Februrary.

Since my purchase of the February issue, I have come to learn that it will be a March issue. Fine, I will give you the extra time, and accept a months delay.

Since it is now March the 17th, it seems the Februrary turned March issue is turning into an April issue.

I ordered this magazine in the belief that it would be delivered to me within 1 month, or max 2 in the event of unforeseen issues arising.

I see you have already charged me for my purchase, but still no delivery is being made, nor is a date of such available.

You see, I work in debt collection, maybe this makes me a bit less patient and less trustful than others, but normally I would advice my client to either write off the money spent, or initiate litigation at this point, when nothing but promises has been delivered for 1-2 months.
If you no longer want to wait then simply ask for a refund.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 02:18:21 AM

I too have had the urge to complain about the magazine, but must admit I took a step back and thought a little about it. I would very much like to get the magazine, so I'm not interested in a refund. Will my complaining make the magazine come any faster? Highly unlikely. So what would be the point of making another reply to this post about the delays? They have all been explained. So unless I want a refund, in which case posting on this forum is pointless, there is an email for such stuff, I think the best thing to do is sit tight, follow this thread and perhaps get a hobby if time isn't going fast enough.

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
JennyHill

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 02:34:16 AM

That sure is a pretty color you’re sporting on your Ignore button. Wonder why?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 03:11:40 AM

That sure is a pretty color you’re sporting on your Ignore button. Wonder why?

So Just now, I am committing to a 5BTC bounty to have a "Ignored by # peoples" feature besides usernames.

Awesome idea. I up the bounty another 5BTC, to 10 BTC. Make a new thread about this please (unless you ignored me too  Cry)

Can you both be so sure you wouldn’t be at the top of the rankings list?

Social experimentation is the most entertaining of exercises. Who cares if I'd be on the top of the list. It'd be useful and entertaining, and that's what I live for.

Because I paid theymos to make it that way?

I assume the reason it's the specific color it is though is because there are 10 people (out of 51,168 total members here) who don't agree with my criticisms but don't possess the linguistic savvy to articulate their defense so they resort to complete avoidance of all challenges. Either that or proof positive that I'm one of the more entertaining people here.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 05:26:25 AM

Cryptography, economics, sociology and political science are about as dry as a Sahara sandstorm. The only way to make this place more boring is if you add a subsection on different yarns for knitting. I would think people would want to follow the most ignored people around this forum for a little excitement in-between keeping current tracking their investment.

Except when in their own naivety they have come to believe that the ignored party in question is even remotely related to any negative outcome in their flawed investment "strategies". I enjoy being hated by ignorant people so it's a small price to pay to keep 5,114 times that many people entertained and educated.

Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 10:30:33 AM

I too have had the urge to complain about the magazine, but must admit I took a step back and thought a little about it. I would very much like to get the magazine, so I'm not interested in a refund. Will my complaining make the magazine come any faster? Highly unlikely. So what would be the point of making another reply to this post about the delays? They have all been explained. So unless I want a refund, in which case posting on this forum is pointless, there is an email for such stuff, I think the best thing to do is sit tight, follow this thread and perhaps get a hobby if time isn't going fast enough.

Well, I agree with you partially. I don't want a refund either, I want the product I paid for.

I just think it IS indeed worth complaining about, when you don't get what you paid for at the expected time.

You can only excuse your delays with your lack of foresight for so long, eventually you have to produce something, when you have taken peoples money for it.

What I am actually missing here, is you manning up and setting a deadline for the magazine to go to print, or this might well turn into another Duke Nukem Forever.

Please notice that do not want a refund, but rather that I am interested in receiving the product I paid for. I think the magazine is a great idea, and that it looks promising so far, but all these delays are just getting out of hand imo.

Please excuse my rants, but I have a strong belief that you should live up to other peoples rightful expectations when you take their money.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:01:35 AM

Well, I agree with you partially. I don't want a refund either, I want the product I paid for.
And receive it you shall.

I just think it IS indeed worth complaining about, when you don't get what you paid for at the expected time.
I don't agree. We've already apologized for being late and at this point so late in the production process, anything ingenious ideas to 'speed it up' more would involve even more setbacks. We're being very smart about this, as painful as it is to see people annoyed, I stand by my decisions and smile at the work we've done so far, knowing just how many people will be surprised when they finally hold the glossy #80 industry standard perfect binded 64 page 4-color treasure that is the first ever magazine representing Bitcoin.

You can only excuse your delays with your lack of foresight for so long,
Who's excusing them? I'm proud of the current delays. The previous delays were due to lack of foresight. The current delays are just flat out man-hours. Full page illustrations aren't cheap and they aren't quick. Thanks for waiting though! I sure as hell won't be calling our artists and telling them to "hurry up" since they've been given an actual contracted period of time to complete them which requires additional review after the fact. The system that is in place now however, will make subsequent issues a timely and satisfying experience for all.

eventually you have to produce something, when you have taken peoples money for it.
We've already produced something, I'm just not letting it be published without achieving some moderate level of perfection. You'll thank me later. So will Wired magazine when they write about us.

What I am actually missing here, is you manning up and setting a deadline for the magazine to go to print
I think what you mean is, "Waiting on you to set a deadline that can't be guaranteed so more people can have more reason to be upset". No thanks. As much as I troll, I'm not dumb enough to fall into that trap. "I promise we will deliver on Monday!". What happens when we can't deliver on Wednesday because of a printing error that has nothing to do with us?  Roll Eyes We'll announce it when it's ready, and it will be the happiest day of the year for us.

Please notice that do not want a refund, but rather that I am interested in receiving the product I paid for. I think the magazine is a great idea, and that it looks promising so far, but all these delays are just getting out of hand imo.
There is no delay. We are on schedule. The schedule itself was delayed before. We're running full speed now on a system that actually works. Just because I'm not going to make shit up and tell everyone a definite date doesn't mean it couldn't happen tomorrow. I understand the frustration, but it's unwarranted at this point. Jimmy has fixed the flat tire and is riding home now. You can stop calling his cell phone to ask where he is.

Please excuse my rants, but I have a strong belief that you should live up to other peoples rightful expectations when you take their money.
Agreed. And I haven't stopped hearing the end of it from the other professionals I work with. "Matthew, why in God's name did you tell these people 2 months ago that we'd have a magazine? You should have waited until we actually published it." Lesson learned.

Can't wait till next month when the complaints will be in a subject other than history.

Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:22:37 AM

Can't wait till next month when the complaints will be in a subject other than history.

Was that a deadline?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:24:39 AM

Was that a deadline?
Let's just say issue #2 is already being put together  Wink

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 12:33:21 PM

Also if you want more of my money, let me know hwo I can give it to you.  

Here you go http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk/subscribe/

I do not think you really need to change your existing subscription/order if you just want to buy more. You could have as many of the options listed on that page as you like. However, support@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk is where customers can get support when needed.

Since some found language on order page confusing we will review it and try to make things more clear. Thank You.

Done.  I kinda want at least 2 copies of the first issue anyway so that I can leave one in my office at the front desk.

Looking forward to getting some copies!  Woot!

Fold for spending BTCs

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 12:58:20 PM

Oh and I just thought I'd throw this out there that I'm going on vacation to Mexico this Saturday.  A lovely Bitcoin Magazine would be a great read for my 4 hour flight!  And I'm sure I'd get a few weird looks from the other passengers! 

My wife might not like me talking about it though (she's sick of me talking about bitcoins), but a Magazine makes it real!

Fold for spending BTCs

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 12:59:36 PM

Oh and I just thought I'd throw this out there that I'm going on vacation to Mexico this Saturday.  A lovely Bitcoin Magazine would be a great read for my 4 hour flight!  And I'm sure I'd get a few weird looks from the other passengers! 

God, you have no idea how much I wish I could make that a reality.  Cry

a Magazine makes it real!

Don't tell that to the readers of Christianity Today.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: