Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93673 times)
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 01:17:05 AM

Something I don't understand though. For what reason would people order 12 of the digital version?
He means 12 issues, not 12 of the same issue Smiley It's a subscription, basically.

Oh of course, makes sense Tongue I guess it will come out monthly then?

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:21:56 AM

My only concern is that 2000 issues copies of the first won't last long. Sad

Ramp it up to 10,000 then at least we have some non-bitcoin people snatching them up.

It is my worry as well. If we were to go to 'mass production' next week, 10,000 issues would not even carry the east coast stores we have lined up. The problem is, printing costs money -up front-. That is why I sincerely hope everyone buy 1 issue. It will only take 1 issue to get us there.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:24:03 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2012, 01:42:09 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Something I don't understand though. For what reason would people order 12 of the digital version?
He means 12 issues, not 12 of the same issue Smiley It's a subscription, basically.

Oh of course, makes sense Tongue I guess it will come out monthly then?

Yessir! Monthly magazine. This one is scheduled for February release. We are gauging the interest and then ramping up production from 64 pages to 100 pages as soon as it is possible to do so. (We currently have more content than pages to fill).

And as for your request regarding 50 issues, any educational institutions received a 20% discount. We are considering registering our company in the USA as a non-profit so that our issues can also be tax-deductible. It is something we need to think about. There are always trade-offs you know.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 01:39:00 AM

Wait! What? Two weeks early? What the hell did you do with Matthew, you alien bastards?

Looks great, Matthew!

~Bruno~
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:46:10 AM

Really impressive mate!
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:56:03 AM

This is awesome!

But why is the price set in $ and not in BTC, if you are not looking to profit from it?

Anyway, what will it cost to get it send to Europe, Denmark?
We have in-house printing and out-sourced printing (better safe than sorry) and both of those require receipt of fees in USD. We accept Bitcoin and CryptoXChange codes, but nothing else-- our distributors however will be selling the issues in bulk to bookstores around the country, in which case you would surely be able to use the local currency to purchase it as well.

There is some very interesting accounting that needs to be done to allow for iPhone Newsstand, Android market, web, local print, and international print. We'll be doing our best and remain transparent the whole way through.

Ask anything and we will tell you. (Just don't ask what we're wearing. You know who you are.)

so...whatcha wearing? lol

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:59:22 AM

Looking good, can I ask how this will be available in Canada ?  through which stores ?

Thanks

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:16:13 AM

Looking good, can I ask how this will be available in Canada ?  through which stores ?

Thanks

When we finish our arrangements with the suppliers/resellers, I'll announce every single store it will be sold in on the website and post the link here. It will take a while to gather that information though. Thanks for your patience.

Matthew

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:42:07 AM

Looks great, nice design. Really hope this takes off.

Step aside, WIRED MAGAZINEWink

Will try save some BTC for a sub.

You rock. And roll. All of the time. Sweet suzie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1D43JgnsY4
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 02:42:39 AM

Wow.  I am floored!  This really looks good! 

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:54:00 AM

Looks great. I have a suggestion for advertisers though. I think you should approach some video card and fpga manufacturers. They could then market their hardware as $/MH MJ/MH and in relative terms to bitcoin miners. In all likelihood we will already know this but it is a good opportunity for relative product placement. I would potentially be interested in helping to develop the magazine but it appears you have things under control.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:01:36 AM

If you plan to release ~2000 copies you should really try/request that 4-5copies of the magazine should at all times remain on the rack and not be sold so the exposure disapear as soon as the stock goes out of the window.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:02:28 AM

Looks great. I have a suggestion for advertisers though. I think you should approach some video card and fpga manufacturers. They could then market their hardware as $/MH MJ/MH and in relative terms to bitcoin miners. In all likelihood we will already know this but it is a good opportunity for relative product placement. I would potentially be interested in helping to develop the magazine but it appears you have things under control.

Nonsense! We are happy to welcome any help we can get. PM me with your Skype information and we'll see what you can do!

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:03:48 AM

If you plan to release ~2000 copies you should really try/request that 4-5copies of the magazine should at all times remain on the rack and not be sold so the exposure disapear as soon as the stock goes out of the window.

I'm not sure if we'd have the ability to request such a thing, but what we could do pay a little extra to provide a cardboard backing for the store to use behind the issues with a duplicate of the cover printed on it.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:31:20 AM

Wow. I was really skeptical of this project at first, but.... this is really cool. I'm floored you're able to get the magazines out to the public as you have. I'll be buying a subscription as soon as I'm back in the state with my wallet files.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:46:13 AM

Wow. I was really skeptical of this project at first, but.... this is really cool. I'm floored you're able to get the magazines out to the public as you have. I'll be buying a subscription as soon as I'm back in the state with my wallet files.

You da man!

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:47:00 AM

This is incredible! Seriously, I can't wipe the smile off my face!

One multi-issue order coming up.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
jsgarvin

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:55:51 AM

Which would be more beneficial to you?  Us ordering copies directly from you to have them mailed to us, or us going to B&N and buying a copy off the rack?  I would assume the later, as it would help prove to your distributors that they're worth the rack space, but I frequently assume wrong.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 04:02:32 AM

Which would be more beneficial to you?  Us ordering copies directly from you to have them mailed to us, or us going to B&N and buying a copy off the rack?  I would assume the later, as it would help prove to your distributors that they're worth the rack space, but I frequently assume wrong.

Anything that helps us do our job better with less red tape and guaranteed income stream will help the magazine run smoothly. Buying direct would be the most 'beneficial to me', but to Bitcoin as a whole, I would imagine so long as we are just selling through the mail only, we are doing little to nothing that a website couldn't do as well, agreed?

The issue here is then-- how can we make sure our magazine is seen in every major shop in town? The tough answer is 'to sell enough copies to make it worth everyone's while'. That means we have to fight to win the community over and gain it's support before we can truly take on the mainstream, or as I have mentioned before we would become "nobodies in both places".

Know that we are taking every logical risk to get our issues out there into stores, but too much too soon will bleed us to death.

Proofer

Activity: 266
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 04:08:47 AM

...We're already in contact with Barnes and Nobles ...

They'll like you better if you refer to them as Barnes & Noble.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: