Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199409 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:32:50 AM

OK, running now, i'll give it the hour or 2 and post results.. want debug info or anything ckolivas?
Nah, just the gory details of the hashrate, accepted, rejected, and hw errors.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:25:16 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 10:40:42 AM by AJRGale

OK, running now, i'll give it the hour or 2 and post results.. want debug info or anything ckolivas?
Nah, just the gory details of the hashrate, accepted, rejected, and hw errors.

maybe this miner is the odd one out, everyone that posted here seems to run fine, i wonder if its something ive done in the process of installing and running it.

i meant to say everyone else is all "mine is fine, just follow the instructions"
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:39:02 AM

I looked at all the screenshots you've posted here and the one thing you have not done is post a screenshot of this miner running the official download from the rockminer website which uses a fork of cgminer 4.3.3 and set the freq 320 as a comparison to any newer versions of software that so for have not given the results you are looking for.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:41:34 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 11:06:33 AM by AJRGale

I looked at all the screenshots you've posted here and the one thing you have not done is post a screenshot of this miner running the official download from the rockminer website which uses a fork of cgminer 4.3.3 and set the freq 320 as a comparison to any newer versions of software that so for have not given the results you are looking for.

i shall do that right now

This is the sort of error i used to see, hence using bfgminer then the latest cgminer:

but im getting this now (wat voodoo is dis dave?!):

same old 50% error rating, that no one else seems to get on theirs
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:58:57 AM

What kind of room temps are you running this miner in as well, at 320Mhz my miner if very reactive to changes in the source temps. Specifically a change +- 2F almost always shows up in the miner software +- 1-2C. Right now I'm able to maintain the room near 71F with the miner at 39-40C.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:10:08 AM

company update for september, october and november?

what is rockminers involvement with amhash?
what % of revenue does rockminer retain from the amhash mine?
are rockminer mining themselves also?
what hashrate?
why are you not mining?

financials?
AJRGale

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:20:10 AM

What kind of room temps are you running this miner in as well, at 320Mhz my miner if very reactive to changes in the source temps. Specifically a change +- 2F almost always shows up in the miner software +- 1-2C. Right now I'm able to maintain the room near 71F with the miner at 39-40C.

depending of i leave the aircon on for the day, it has gotten upto 35ish C ambient. right now i think its around 25, got a (dust 'prolly)storm blowing though right now. no real notable heat off the miner though, even though its at 40 degrees C
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:27:01 AM

This is the sort of error i used to see, hence using bfgminer then the latest cgminer:

Double check your start.bat because the freq is not displayed correctly for one. As for the hotplug issue that simply wanted you to unplug and replug the device in. Its  a leftover from USB era aka BFL's and a few others, the device was too slow to be found/respond. Just let the software run at startup it will have a few complaints at times but usually gets going under a minute. As far as Diff on Kano.is it will ramp up on its own, discarding shares at each change or you could bump it up under Worker/Management tab to something like 128 and minimize the number of times that happens. I have six of these miners now and start out at 512.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:47:22 AM

Double check your start.bat because the freq is not displayed correctly for one. As for the hotplug issue that simply wanted you to unplug and replug the device in. Its  a leftover from USB era aka BFL's and a few others, the device was too slow to be found/respond. Just let the software run at startup it will have a few complaints at times but usually gets going under a minute. As far as Diff on Kano.is it will ramp up on its own, discarding shares at each change or you could bump it up under Worker/Management tab to something like 128 and minimize the number of times that happens. I have six of these miners now and start out at 512.

i left frequency out because it never liked that option, (probably using the wrong one eg: --rock-freq over --rmu-auto)
plug'n'play never worked out well for me (reinstalled on reinstalled, replugged on replugging, hard powerdowns on hard powerdowns), just to get it to bee seen. i still don't think its using the correct drivers today, never got a WCID to be installable and active.

i don't care about the diff atm, but good to know thanks, i shall set that higher.

still, this isn't a ubuntu install, so i cant shutdown my gaming rig whilst its running on there.
but there is still the issue of the 50% errors that this runs at on this system with this software, newer ones on the ubuntu system is doing 10%
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:10:49 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 12:23:53 PM by hurricandave

AJRGale, just out of curiosity, if you click on page one of this thread and look in the first post, partway down; you will see a link titled something like latest sept.18 latest cgminer .... anyway, its a link that starts with  MegaCode  if you click that while on your Ubuntu, does it come up with a Linux version or just the windows version?

edit: oh yeah and if you are using the Rockminer version its'   --rmu-auto 320
AJRGale

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:31:07 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 12:42:53 PM by AJRGale

AJRGale, just out of curiosity, if you click on page one of this thread and look in the first post, partway down; you will see a link titled something like latest sept.18 latest cgminer .... anyway, its a link that starts with  MegaCode  if you click that while on your Ubuntu, does it come up with a Linux version or just the windows version?

talking about the mega.co.nz link? and the file with "░▓╫░zadig╟¤╢п║єгм╟ы╘╦╨╨start.bat╬─╝■╞Ї╢п│╠╨Є" name?
as much as i have little to no trust in mega.co.nz and anyone having the ability to edit or change any file and taking your wallet.dat or hijacking bitcoind, *mumble rage and stuff* ill load up the files.

i still think its the same that im running now form git, 18th sep was the last time they were updated

Edit:
Yeah, nah its the same
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:58:09 PM

I wasn't sure if it was the same or not. I only have access to Windows right now and wondered if the Linux could be downloaded from there. As for the file with all the funny characters, you will see that Rockminers tranz-slaughter picked out the important stuff before they saved it. Namely that it is Zadig installer. It is identical in all the versions from Rockminer for some reason.

edit: Looks like your hanging in above 100 gh/s average with Kano.is , unless that's a different piece of equipment.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:02:12 PM

Well the latest git should read cgminer 4.7.1

Admittedly the version number will only upgrade if you do ./autogen.sh first which you should always do when building from git before running ./configure but given your screenshot, I can't actually be sure that you are actually running the latest git version. Furthermore, the rockminer comes up as LIR on mainline cgminer but you haven't made it clear which particular cgminer this is in your screener... either way I dunno what version you're running for your testing.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
AJRGale

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:34:24 PM

Admittedly the version number will only upgrade if you do ./autogen.sh first which you should always do when building from git before running ./configure but given your screenshot, I can't actually be sure that you are actually running the latest git version. Furthermore, the rockminer comes up as LIR on mainline cgminer but you haven't made it clear which particular cgminer this is in your screener... either way I dunno what version you're running for your testing.

rockminerinc's git that one would be , not yours, its hella out of date. when im compiling yours from your git follow the instructions in the readme thats the smaller 'buntu screenies.

That screenshot is from rockxies version of the software. its one ive pulled down a month ago from the already month old git. i see no updates to that software, so its pointless to re-download it again, unless you can spoof the dates and times for every edit in git.

even getting the "Latest" that rockxie linked me, or the mega.co.nz files, all the same old 4.3.3.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:55:54 AM

rockminerinc's git that one would be , not yours, its hella out of date. when im compiling yours from your git follow the instructions in the readme thats the smaller 'buntu screenies.

That screenshot is from rockxies version of the software. its one ive pulled down a month ago from the already month old git. i see no updates to that software, so its pointless to re-download it again, unless you can spoof the dates and times for every edit in git.

even getting the "Latest" that rockxie linked me, or the mega.co.nz files, all the same old 4.3.3.

just to update, even though i get 100+GH/s with rocks cgminer , it 57.71GHs pool side.
the 4.7.1 gets 80+Ghs, but I remember was getting 75GH/s poolside
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:03:04 PM

just to update, even though i get 100+GH/s with rocks cgminer , it 57.71GHs pool side.

One of the reasons we need them to get the documentation to the software devs.

When you run it in BFGminer how are the errors?

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
AJRGale

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:32:29 PM

One of the reasons we need them to get the documentation to the software devs.

When you run it in BFGminer how are the errors?

iirc they were about 50%, i think i talked about it in dogies unboxing/setup post about the new r-box, but i cant seem to get it to run again, i want to see all the chips stats.. main PC is down atm, so i'll have to use my laptop; i shoved a card from my old miner in for games, but the hdmi seems to be dead, i'll get one of the other cards in later.
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

It could just be a bad box. I had one like that.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:35:59 PM

It could just be a bad box. I had one like that.

This is my guess, I haven't seen any issues getting over 100GH/s with either rockminers cgminer fork or mainline cgminer.

Mining Software Developer.
notlogic

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:51:56 PM

I got a New R-Box a few days ago and have had it running most of the duration.

Using Rockminer's cgminer 4.3.3 at 330MHz I've been getting about 93 GH/s, 80 GH/s pool-side. This isn't quite the 100+ I was expecting from the advertisements, so I suspect I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried cgminer 4.5, 4.7, and 4.7.1. Each of these only runs at roughly 55 GH/s at 330MHz, so definitely think I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried BFGminer, but it never recognizes any devices.

Does anyone have any advice? I realize you may need more information, but I'm not sure what to provide. I appreciate any help, as this is my first foray into ASIC mining.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: