Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199409 times)
rptech1402

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:50:12 PM

Hello,

Just thought i'd make my first post here as i received my first New R-Box on Monday (5th January 2015) tested it for a while using minera on a virtual machine.

I've also ordered a raspberry pi so i can use miners with Minera Software.

I've also gone ahead and purchased another R-Box tonight (6th January 2015).

The build quality in my opinion is superb for what it is. I was expecting less if i'm honest.

Very impressive. I'm also hoping to do to a review once i'm all setup.

Cheers

--

Ross
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoglance

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 09:53:05 PM

Please be careful with your RockMiners. My R-Box exploded infront of me (was mining on my desk), although still in tact there were some small pieces blown out the sides of it.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:54:28 PM

Please be careful with your RockMiners. My R-Box exploded infront of me (was mining on my desk), although still in tact there were some small pieces blown out the sides of it.

Oops... are you injured ?

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:56:43 PM

pictures or it didn't happen  Roll Eyes
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:46:14 PM

^this^

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
cryptoglance

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 02:33:27 AM

^this^

Sure.

http://imgur.com/SPAl6Pl,1ohdqZ4,I6Cg0A3#0

cryptoglance

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 02:37:39 AM

No injury. Just a loud pop and a wee puff of smoke

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:40:41 AM

So what you mean when you say "it exploded" is that one of the visible capacitors exploded. This isn't completely unheard for for any type of device. This was for an original 32GH R-box.
cryptoglance

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 02:43:31 AM

So what you mean when you say "it exploded" is that one of the visible capacitors exploded. This isn't completely unheard for for any type of device. This was for an original 32GH R-box.

It served me well for the past 6 months. It's possible that I had a power surge maybe? I'm not very knowledgeable with my hardware Sad

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:51:46 AM

It served me well for the past 6 months. It's possible that I had a power surge maybe? I'm not very knowledgeable with my hardware Sad

I have 3 of those kind of miners, and haven't had a problem yet. I don't know what causes a capacitor to "pop" after several months of operation. I was building a power supply many years ago, and installed an electrolytic capacitor backwards, and that did "explode" within the first few seconds after I turned it on. Obviously yours has been fine for months.
cryptoglance

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:03:48 AM

I have 3 of those kind of miners, and haven't had a problem yet. I don't know what causes a capacitor to "pop" after several months of operation. I was building a power supply many years ago, and installed an electrolytic capacitor backwards, and that did "explode" within the first few seconds after I turned it on. Obviously yours has been fine for months.

Which leaves me to thinking it was a surge. R.I.P R-box

rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:51:52 AM

snip

well, i thought it was heat causing one or 3 of the chips to fail, hence what looked like 80GHs over the 110GHs, it was that, that was causing the high error rate and low hashing.

but having it run on BFGMiner and watching them hash on it, 3/4 of them couldn't do any better then 50% erring, and they never could do any better then 7.6GHs each.

(pool side with it was only doing 30GHs)

Anyone of you can contact us for products problem, we will find way to solve it, we have distribution center in EU and US.If you got feedback in 12 hours , pls contact us for one more time, there was only one person handling the selling,delivering and customers supports in oversea.

and snip

Hi, this is the "ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread"? I've talked on here about it since 2nd of November, you never mentioned anything here, till now..

all i wanted to know is these little boxes meant to error out and reject out as much as mine did (about 30% rejected 50% errors 20% accepted 30GHs pool side).. i even modified it to move more heat off the chips, CK even played with his miner software for a few days to get them running right, still no go.

anyway, EU and US doesn't look like you cover AU. none the less, its running at 80MH/s and 10% Hardware erring. cant go over 300MHz without it losing control. no new software for it, no new firmware. i have to live with what i got. and I'm not the only one with the same issue. luckily some managed to get RMA on them, others sold the off, since they never got any help out of it.

anyway, im probably talking to a brick wall here, only once ever 5-6 weeks you manage to post here.. no hell to friedcat, but im sick of seeing this AMhash thing, you Rockxie, seems to have just dropped everything to polish friedcars shoes, not a good look for you.

You can contact our customer service, may quality problem, you can exchange a new. Not so many people got such problems...
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:16:33 AM

No injury. Just a loud pop and a wee puff of smoke

Oh.. I see... it seems only a part of the board burnt off.

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:17:32 AM

Hi rockxie

R100 project, rockhash.com is not functional since weeks.
I have paid considerable amount of btc for 1TH miners to you.
I got units month late.

I have been promoting rockminer units within autumn and winter, got sold many rbox via ebay.

Alex has not responded to my emails.

When R100 will be officially closed and participants will be paid off?

thanks
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:20:46 AM

damn i loved the company since i read review on fuk io about it and got this little box. is the company in trouble now?

yolo
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:40:07 PM

snip..

You can contact our customer service, may quality problem, you can exchange a new. Not so many people got such problems...

so, email you (eric at rockminer.com)? or email alax (sales at rockminer.com) or just the generic (rockxie at rockminer.com) that you both have?

you're telling me that you do not use this "ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread" of yours?

whilst you hear reading this next month, Check out the others that are here, read everything, all 66 pages, you might like to know what your customers are doing. just before this, someone almost lost an eye, or finger, or just badly burned.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:54:50 AM

snip..

so, email you (eric at rockminer.com)? or email alax (sales at rockminer.com) or just the generic (rockxie at rockminer.com) that you both have?

you're telling me that you do not use this "ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread" of yours?

whilst you hear reading this next month, Check out the others that are here, read everything, all 66 pages, you might like to know what your customers are doing. just before this, someone almost lost an eye, or finger, or just badly burned.

We have customer service email,that is used to solve problems and answer questions.
Email sales at rockminer.com
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:59:34 AM

Hi rockxie

R100 project, rockhash.com is not functional since weeks.
I have paid considerable amount of btc for 1TH miners to you.
I got units month late.

I have been promoting rockminer units within autumn and winter, got sold many rbox via ebay.

Alex has not responded to my emails.

When R100 will be officially closed and participants will be paid off?

thanks

1.email sales at rockminer.com about R100 problem;
2.participants will be paid by getting what they mined in R100 PLAN, and they can get the guarantee money back,we ended R100 plan for months;
3.he missed your email I think, try it again.
rptech1402

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

Hey Guys,

Finally setup here got my RPi flashed with minera.

https://i.imgur.com/caDabr9.png

Good results so far - very happy.

Just waiting on my second R-Box 100G which Alex have assured me will arrive soon after it has been received into the Euro Distribution Centre.

Cheers

--
Ross
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:34:34 PM

Got a New R-box coming myself actually!!

I love the idea of a low power miner.  Run it without worry as 30 cents a day to run it is peanuts.  The true hobbiest miner Smiley.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: