Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199429 times)
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:44:12 PM

told ya, all these companies are getting contracted to do this centralisation of your bitcoin

ftfy Cheesy

well anyone who buys into that shit

can we just boycott these.. ah never mind, to many stupid people that have no idea and pay into this crap
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:45:19 PM

told ya, all these companies are getting contracted to do this centralisation of your bitcoin

ftfy Cheesy

can we just boycott these.. ah never mind, to many stupid people that have no idea and pay into this crap

at this point i must say im glad i did not buy it.
only AM believer here.. ^^
AJRGale

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

ftfy Cheesy

what is it you believe in? throwing your customer base out the window to make a super-sized "cloud mining" service to steal everyone's moneys?
...or you're just selling out your sig space for ads?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:00:32 PM

ftfy Cheesy

what is it you believe in? throwing your customer base out the window to make a super-sized "cloud mining" service to steal everyone's moneys?

Its just that its Hard Times for bitcoin mining in general.. There's a lack of interest because of BTC price tanking. Hence, margins (ie. profits) are being squeezed.

But i expect some adjustment rally to come soon enough.. And AM will go through. Smiley
AJRGale

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:17:43 PM

ftfy Cheesy

Its just that its Hard Times for bitcoin mining in general.. There's a lack of interest because of BTC price tanking. Hence, margins (ie. profits) are being squeezed.

But i expect some adjustment rally to come soon enough.. And AM will go through. Smiley

it didn't help that companies made $5k mining machines when all we needed was the $100 or less mining hardware, rockxie did it, technobit is doing it, there are a few more making cheap mining platforms, why not that? why make people buy into contracts, then tell them they have to pay more AFTER they buy into it?
"oh, we sell 100GHs for 0.004BTC/GHs; now you got it, you have to pay us 0.01btc/day to run it; what? your 100GHs miner can only pull out 0.005btc/day? better pay up, buy more GHs of us, or give up moneys"
notlogic

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:44:31 PM

With my New R-Box I've now tried cgminer versions 4.3.3, 4.5, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.8. I've also tried BFGminer 4.10(I think that's the version). I've tried these at multiple frequencies, with different USB cables, on different computers, and on different pools.

The best results I've gotten are with pre-4.8 cgminer versions running 270 to 290 MHz. These results are typically about 90 GH/s reported by cgminer with lots of errors, pool-side usually comes out to low-70's GH/s with 15-25% error rate. cgminer 4.8 starts out around 70-80 GH/s, then settles around 45 GH/s with 2-3% errors. BFGminer reports mid-70's GH/s pre-error, but an effective mid-40's GH/s with a 35+% error rate.

I could be wrong... but I think I have a faulty box. I emailed the dealer tonight and I'm hoping they offer to exchange.

I contacted Jones Gear regarding my New R-Box issue and they agreed that I had done sufficient troubleshooting and that a replacement was in order.

They shipped me a replacement New R-Box with a return shipping label. All I had to do was take the new New R-Box out of the box, pop the cables our of the old one, put them in the new one, and toss the old one into the box they provided and return to USPS.

No additional configuration needed. Getting 110+ GH/s with about 5% errors right out of the box.

Jones Gear, you rock! I'm glad to have a machine running properly now and also glad to see it wasn't my own idiocy causing the issues.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 01:41:57 AM

No, its not a version 1 and 2 of the "new" R-Box but people try to differentiate between the 32-37 GH/S original R-Box and the "Newer" R-Box which is rated at 100GH/S but for some reason was given the same name without any "Official" designation to help people tell the difference other than "New" which is often confused with "New to Me" equipment.

I see, you call the New Rbox as ver2, i just call them NRBox... how about we all them by how many cores they have? r-box = 4 core, new rbox = 12 core?

...since i really hate the name "New R-box"

not going into politics

Trust me, I asked them about 5x pre release to reconsider the name. Google must hate trying to index it correctly.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 01:42:30 AM

So i did a little modification to the miner to see if it pull more heat...

so far the top sink gets quite hot, due to copper on the chips, path of least resistance?
now the chipsets are claiming 38 Degrees Celsius at about 80~GHs at this moment, it hasn't been running for that long yet..

lets just see what happens

BE200s will get 80-90C topside so I wouldn't be surprised if that little plate is hot. Its not drastically increasing your cooling though without any surface area [fins].

AJRGale

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:54:03 AM

so far the top sink gets quite hot, due to copper on the chips, path of least resistance?
now the chipsets are claiming 38 Degrees Celsius at about 80~GHs at this moment, it hasn't been running for that long yet..

BE200s will get 80-90C topside so I wouldn't be surprised if that little plate is hot. Its not drastically increasing your cooling though without any surface area [fins].

are you saying throw away the topside heatsink and get one with more fins?

you think doing the same mod on the bottom side (adding heat spreaders) would help a little more too?

since it had time to settle though, at 270 (seems to be the best for this unit, the light is a constant flash, not a random short/long mix) its doing 80-85Ghs at 36 degrees C

oh this reminds me, this whole thing is like this:
AJRGale

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:05:22 AM

No, its not a version 1 and 2 of the "new" R-Box but people try to differentiate between the 32-37 GH/S original R-Box and the "Newer" R-Box which is rated at 100GH/S but for some reason was given the same name without any "Official" designation to help people tell the difference other than "New" which is often confused with "New to Me" equipment.

I see, you call the New Rbox as ver2, i just call them NRBox... how about we all them by how many cores they have? r-box = 4 core, new rbox = 12 core?

...since i really hate the name "New R-box"

not going into politics

Trust me, I asked them about 5x pre release to reconsider the name. Google must hate trying to index it correctly.

well, that chinglish for you, not hating on rockxie, just the PR/Advertising department..
AJRGale

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:06:14 AM

With my New R-Box I've now tried cgminer versions 4.3.3, 4.5, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.8. I've also tried BFGminer 4.10(I think that's the version). I've tried these at multiple frequencies, with different USB cables, on different computers, and on different pools.

The best results I've gotten are with pre-4.8 cgminer versions running 270 to 290 MHz. These results are typically about 90 GH/s reported by cgminer with lots of errors, pool-side usually comes out to low-70's GH/s with 15-25% error rate. cgminer 4.8 starts out around 70-80 GH/s, then settles around 45 GH/s with 2-3% errors. BFGminer reports mid-70's GH/s pre-error, but an effective mid-40's GH/s with a 35+% error rate.

I could be wrong... but I think I have a faulty box. I emailed the dealer tonight and I'm hoping they offer to exchange.

I contacted Jones Gear regarding my New R-Box issue and they agreed that I had done sufficient troubleshooting and that a replacement was in order.

They shipped me a replacement New R-Box with a return shipping label. All I had to do was take the new New R-Box out of the box, pop the cables our of the old one, put them in the new one, and toss the old one into the box they provided and return to USPS.

No additional configuration needed. Getting 110+ GH/s with about 5% errors right out of the box.

Jones Gear, you rock! I'm glad to have a machine running properly now and also glad to see it wasn't my own idiocy causing the issues.

Congrats! you think Jones Gear would do the same for me? Tongue

ok, so im in Australia, and Jones Gear is in Ann Arbor, city in Michigan, and i never got mine from them..
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 11:49:54 AM

are you saying throw away the topside heatsink and get one with more fins?

you think doing the same mod on the bottom side (adding heat spreaders) would help a little more too?

since it had time to settle though, at 270 (seems to be the best for this unit, the light is a constant flash, not a random short/long mix) its doing 80-85Ghs at 36 degrees C

oh this reminds me, this whole thing is like this:

I'm saying don't bother, BE200s are designed to run hot.

AJRGale

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:23:40 AM

well, i thought it was heat causing one or 3 of the chips to fail, hence what looked like 80GHs over the 110GHs, it was that, that was causing the high error rate and low hashing.

but having it run on BFGMiner and watching them hash on it, 3/4 of them couldn't do any better then 50% erring, and they never could do any better then 7.6GHs each.

(pool side with it was only doing 30GHs)
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:42:03 AM

I've sold every one of my rockminers and am moving on to another companies product. I'd still be running them and buying more if they would have supported the software authors.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
AJRGale

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:20:07 AM

I've sold every one of my rockminers and am moving on to another companies product. I'd still be running them and buying more if they would have supported the software authors.

i cant just sell mine for the price people want it for, and being "damaged" they would only want it for $25.. so i just have to watch it slowly build up its cost back 50c at a time
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:15:17 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss any concerns in the thread.]

rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:48:38 AM

1. The latest financial report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19Fg5c2mNTycWxvVDlITlRBRGs/view

This is almost laughable.... buy back now for fifth of the value...... great job rockxie!

So basically you and your team have sat on your ass for the last three months and lost the company 4/5s of its value......

We produced R-BOX, NEW RBOX ,R3/4 and T1-BOX in past months, we tried do all the good things for company.

There are several main reasons for losing money:

1) We lost lots of money by accepting and keeping BTC.RM accepted BTC on our oversea marketing ,but price went down soon,we didn't sell them when the price of BTC was going down from 500+ to 330+.

2) The price of bitcoin going down also cut down the profits of miners.

3)In the end of November, we sold miners on price which is lower than cost for cleaning out stock.
   We have to sell out the miners as soon as possible,if we don’t do this,we would lose more money since the difficulty went up and up and competitors's  new miners were out.

1)+2)+3) ate all margins from producing hardware!

Amazing how both RM and AM can loose money non stop..seems a bit off to me. I am sure they got the chips at or around cost and yet still can not make a profit?

We never got any hidden benefits transferring from AM, we bought chips from AM at the same price as other rig producers.

I am talking havelock 100th of a shares. full share buy back = 0.01

edit: i ahve told them they are as good as a scam, lording it up flying around the world to london BTC confrence, even though they are not producing miners. Idiots.....

We didn't attend the London conference, we just asked our partner to take our booth to exhibit our products,and this cost little fee(don’t need pay for travelling and hotels). However we did attend the Las Vegas conference to find projects, promoting our products, and talk with our customers and investors for potential opportunities of commercial cooperations.

I can't comprehend how they failed so badly. Where did the money go?

Even though AM/RM like to blame their failures on market conditions, I think they are both the cause of their own demise. I'm sure they both would have been relatively successful without the halfassed marketing/PR.

We lost nearly $137,000 by the quit of two testing mining farms. Price of  BTC keeps going down, electricity price of which is 15cents, considering the power consumption, mining more means losing more, so we have to quit.(Even you don’t mine,you also need to pay $7500 for rental and minimum electricity fee.)

And we lost a lots for the reason released on point 1.

3. Dividends Plan
Given the fact of the non-ideal situation of company’s profitability, Rockminer will
save money for future development. However, if no improvements happen in the near
future, we won’t rule out the possibility to redeem our stocks at a fixed price, in order
to lower the loss of our investors.

This is almost laughable.... buy back now for fifth of the value...... great job rockxie!

So basically you and your team have sat on your ass for the last three months and lost the company 4/5s of its value......

We don't produce chips and we think it is not profitable for us to continue to produce miners, the more you produce,the more you lose.So we decided stop production in coming days temporally ,this not means we are quit of our "Mining For Everyone” plan. We are waiting for the right time to restart producing miners.

just to make it public knowledge i have given some shit with rock xie via PM and the buy back figure they are looking at is 0.001, one 10th of the IPO price........ anyone else felling ripped off?

We still wanna operate company to pass though WINTER, and turn over in next year.
You asked us that you wanna  RM buy back those shares, I just told u there were someone can buy your shares at this price, not ROCKMINER buying back.

rock xie, you and your team have done absolutely nothing to try and hold or create value for this company, infact you have just side lined it and are working for AM again? AM paying your wages? or still living from shareholders investments?

We do cooperate with AM now, and we don't refuse anyone to make cooperation if there was a chance. Because this can make profits for RM too.

Chinese Qualitat?

Chinese way of doing business.

We haven’t done well until now,that is not our original purpose for starting this company. However, I have to refuse those words like "Chinese way " or "scam", and have to say" ROCKMINER is not dead" but trying to survive now.

If this is true, then this has been absolutely terrible for investors.

As an IPO investor, I'm pissed off.

ASICMiner, Rockminer, the whole 'team' of these people are fucking awful.

No wonder they fail, their public relations and communications are atrocious.

We apologize for the poor PR in past 1-2 months, but we are changing now. I don't think say "F" words can help yourself or company get profits.

Seen Asicminers in local Bitcoin conferences, never saw RM.

We attended lots of local conferences in past months because of low costs in domestic traveling.

well, i thought it was heat causing one or 3 of the chips to fail, hence what looked like 80GHs over the 110GHs, it was that, that was causing the high error rate and low hashing.

but having it run on BFGMiner and watching them hash on it, 3/4 of them couldn't do any better then 50% erring, and they never could do any better then 7.6GHs each.

Anyone of you can contact us for products problem, we will find way to solve it, we have distribution center in EU and US.If you got feedback in 12 hours , pls contact us for one more time, there was only one person handling the selling,delivering and customers supports in oversea.

12. What's our plan?

1) Current running projects. We are deeply cooperating with AM now, more news will come out soon.
2) Future plan.Building farms for other investors who need electricity and space, we have the electricity and other infos.Building cloud mining brand.
3) Doing OEM and ODM on small miners like RBOX, less investment and less risk.
4) Looking for new profitable opportunities for RM.
etc.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:51:48 AM

The site is down.. Sad?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 03:06:28 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 10:56:16 AM by dogie

The site is down.. Sad?

Same here, probably temporary.

Edit: Its back

AJRGale

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:33:56 AM

snip

Anyone of you can contact us for products problem, we will find way to solve it, we have distribution center in EU and US.If you got feedback in 12 hours , pls contact us for one more time, there was only one person handling the selling,delivering and customers supports in oversea.

and snip

Hi, this is the "ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread"? I've talked on here about it since 2nd of November, you never mentioned anything here, till now..

all i wanted to know is these little boxes meant to error out and reject out as much as mine did (about 30% rejected 50% errors 20% accepted 30GHs pool side).. i even modified it to move more heat off the chips, CK even played with his miner software for a few days to get them running right, still no go.

anyway, EU and US doesn't look like you cover AU. none the less, its running at 80MH/s and 10% Hardware erring. cant go over 300MHz without it losing control. no new software for it, no new firmware. i have to live with what i got. and I'm not the only one with the same issue. luckily some managed to get RMA on them, others sold the off, since they never got any help out of it.

anyway, im probably talking to a brick wall here, only once ever 5-6 weeks you manage to post here.. no hell to friedcat, but im sick of seeing this AMhash thing, you Rockxie, seems to have just dropped everything to polish friedcars shoes, not a good look for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: