Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:58:51 PM

I slightly edited OP.

why are some people selling so low?Smiley

People have been waiting  a long time for something to happen due to a long development period. Remember that 1 week in crypto = 1 year in real life. If there is not a lot of action and momentum, day traders and whales move on. This leaves the people that will make real life use of the coin to create the movement and demand. Much earlier in the thread it was recommended to take 2 days and implement anon features which would have created a demand and lots of volume and interest and create a floor of an estimated 20-30k sats while real life services are built. This is evident in the high prices of many other coins that only have anon features and nothing else because of the big demand for coins with such features. It was decided to rather start with the real life use case development which took a long time. In the absence of finalised real life use there is no other use for the coins and therefore demand, price, momentum and interest by day traders and whales have diminished followed by the expected dumping by holders that would rather withdraw to other coins where there are lots of movement and opportunities. It makes business sense to instead of leaving money lying around, to rather work with it elsewhere and return when something is about to happen like a real life service going live. Mineral holders will have to wait for the real life use to be finalised and implemented and through marketing and PR create interest by the future real life users of the coin in order to create movement and price increase again. Once that happens, crypto day traders and whales may return. There is therefore no reason why the price will increase suddenly because of the decision explained above. However, the strategy as I understand it is to create game tournaments like the one of 2 Aug and create awareness about both the prize money and betting features which will then hopefully become the catalyst that should translate into increased volume, demand as well as price.

In essence the current price and volume can be attributed by the decision not to first implement a quick win and alternative use for the coin while the intended real life use of the coin is developed.

Agrreed. just one correction - real life use is implemented, tested and working.
And we have huge tournament that will pour fresh blood onto this project.

Just a question, since betting is implemented quite well now, is the next step the anon? In the voting it is on second place, so perhaps..? Smiley

We can implement anon but what sort of anon people want? IS there any working anon we can put into Minerals?

The one implemente keycoin? Smiley What about a poll to decide?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dalovindj

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:09:08 PM

One word and one digit:

Cool deal.  Don't forget classic sports either.  Using Vegas sports lines as the oracle should be eminently doable (says the guy who isn't building anything).  Haha.  Not trying to be greedy.  Just super pumped at the potential of this coin. Keep up the good work! 
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:09:40 PM

Wasn't Darksend the most advanced one?

Maybe there're better ones. To be honest, I don't own any of the anon coins and never used an anon transaction at all.
slavo

Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:12:56 PM

Wasn't Darksend the most advanced one?

Maybe there're better ones. To be honest, I don't own any of the anon coins and never used an anon transaction at all.

nobody uses anon coins; that's why they're anon  Grin

i'm not holding mins because of distribution but for target the esport scene doesn't require anon.

people use min to play games; bet; challenge or idk what = value. what comes to my mind when i read about anon on min thread is : why the fuck would I hide my starcraft 2 bets.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:15:54 PM

I slightly edited OP.

People have been waiting  a long time for something to happen due to a long development period. Remember that 1 week in crypto = 1 year in real life. If there is not a lot of action and momentum, day traders and whales move on. This leaves the people that will make real life use of the coin to create the movement and demand. Much earlier in the thread it was recommended to take 2 days and implement anon features which would have created a demand and lots of volume and interest and create a floor of an estimated 20-30k sats while real life services are built. This is evident in the high prices of many other coins that only have anon features and nothing else because of the big demand for coins with such features. It was decided to rather start with the real life use case development which took a long time. In the absence of finalised real life use there is no other use for the coins and therefore demand, price, momentum and interest by day traders and whales have diminished followed by the expected dumping by holders that would rather withdraw to other coins where there are lots of movement and opportunities. It makes business sense to instead of leaving money lying around, to rather work with it elsewhere and return when something is about to happen like a real life service going live. Mineral holders will have to wait for the real life use to be finalised and implemented and through marketing and PR create interest by the future real life users of the coin in order to create movement and price increase again. Once that happens, crypto day traders and whales may return. There is therefore no reason why the price will increase suddenly because of the decision explained above. However, the strategy as I understand it is to create game tournaments like the one of 2 Aug and create awareness about both the prize money and betting features which will then hopefully become the catalyst that should translate into increased volume, demand as well as price.

In essence the current price and volume can be attributed by the decision not to first implement a quick win and alternative use for the coin while the intended real life use of the coin is developed.

Agrreed. just one correction - real life use is implemented, tested and working.

Just a question, since betting is implemented quite well now, is the next step the anon? In the voting it is on second place, so perhaps..? Smiley

We can implement anon but what sort of anon people want? IS there any working anon we can put into Minerals?

A poll is an option.  It is important to not lose focus of the main objective of the coin in the process. It must be understood that anon will be to generate the required platform in volume, price and interest on which to build the rest of the RL services. Dota 2 is very important and must stay the main objective after SC. However, you need to look at your resourcing. If the main team will be doing anon development, then Dota 2 will probably be pushed out with a week or 2 which is not the end of the world as you will have SC up and running until Dota 2 goes live. If the main dev team will stay on Dota 2 then development of that can continue and you can outsource anon development. Option 2 will then keep to the Dota 2 delivery target. Either way, it would mean a lot to the coin's visibility, volume and price if you do implement anon now and it will attract more people to the main objective of Minerals which is the e-sports.
lanshop2010

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:16:25 PM

I just heard the news, Google bought Twitchtv.  There's no reaction from the MIN market, I thought that was positive for MIN.

I think anon feature could be ideal for this coin because MIN will bed use for betting. Some folks might want to hide the transactions of how much and how often they bet.
dalovindj

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:17:30 PM

why the fuck would I hide my starcraft 2 bets.

Not the bets so much as what you do with the winnings and how much financial privacy and utility the coin has in addition to betting.  Gambling is also a tricky legal area in certain places.  Plus, anon is the investor darling now.  If it could be realized quickly and efficiently it can only serve to draw more attention to the real strength of the coin - we're about to take the eSports world by storm.  
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

I slightly edited OP.

I think the best anon actually is the DRK Darkcoin. But only until Navajo team publish the real anon!
Tam222

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:32:10 PM

My understanding is Anon is an option to tick if you want that transaction to be Anon. You don't HAVE to use the feature.

If it adds value as an option then maybe its a good thing. But betting is the real pull here and even if I'm not a gamer I undertsand the relevance of Dota  Grin

Dev's... only consider Anon if it does not distract from your primary goal.

Eyes on the prize!!! Good work chaps  Grin

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

one of the best working anon techs is pseudocoin... check it out worth a look
Crayonsc2

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:59:17 PM

bad news and good news.

Jaedong has dropped due to personall reasons. I don't blame him, hes a busy person and also lives in KR so its a 12 hour differences( meaning he would be play 1am til noon).
Good news, we picked up his teammate Huk for the replacement. Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:00:54 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 04:11:55 PM by Amph

bad news and good news.

Jaedong has dropped due to personall reasons. I don't blame him, hes a busy person and also lives in KR so its a 12 hour differences( meaning he would be play 1am til noon).

are you on teamliquid also with this? is there a thread about it?
Crayonsc2

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:07:25 PM

bad news and good news.

are you on teamliquid also with this? there is a thread there?
should be posted soon on tl and reddit. Had to finalize everything. and plus you guys deserve the news before anyone else.
Offermann

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:35:49 PM

Just send of my minerals to mintpal but they are not showing up in the wallet. They already have 74 conformations and according to the explorer the wallet has recieved the minerals. Is there anything I can do except contactin the support?
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

Just send of my minerals to mintpal but they are not showing up in the wallet. They already have 74 conformations and according to the explorer the wallet has recieved the minerals. Is there anything I can do except contactin the support?
Sadly no. They might have syncing issue on their side.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

If people want anon coins so bad use Fujicoins  Wink sell your Min and buy some Fujicoins, You got your anon, fast transactions and endless supply of coins Smiley

Get your wallet here Windows or mac:

http://www.fujicoin.org/

Buy Fuji here:

https://comkort.com/market/trade/fjc_btc

No not spamming but for me its the best and easiest anon coin to get for the price. Yes I'm still holding a lot of MIN Smiley and have great faith in it.

Wish some how the devs good incorporate Fuji onto the betting scheme as a utility type coin for those wishing for anon. Perhaps a quick coin converter MIN to Fuji  Grin

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
ZyTReX
Legendary

Activity: 881
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:31:51 PM

Dev add http://www.twitch.tv/RoomOnFire please

He streams cs go pro leauge.

MineralsPR pls answer Smiley
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:32:16 PM

If people want anon coins so bad use Fujicoins  Wink sell your Min and buy some Fujicoins, You got your anon, fast transactions and endless supply of coins Smiley

Get your wallet here Windows or mac:

http://www.fujicoin.org/

Buy Fuji here:

https://comkort.com/market/trade/fjc_btc

No not spamming but for me its the best and easiest anon coin to get for the price. Yes I'm still holding a lot of MIN Smiley and have great faith in it.

Wish some how the devs good incorporate Fuji onto the betting scheme as a utility type coin for those wishing for anon. Perhaps a quick coin converter MIN to Fuji  Grin

You clearly don't get it. People don't want to use another coin, they want Minerals that trade at a decent price floor as platform for the live services. There must be interest in the coin with volumes that would give the devs ample time to develop to their hearts content without pressure. This will be provided with anon features. Currently the lack in volume is causing anxiety. If the current hot thing in demand was writing the name of the coin in purple italics font, then I would have suggested writing the name of the coin in purple italics font in order to create the required volumes.
chinchs

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:42:32 PM

Do you have the contact from the 3rd party dev? Perhaps he can contact our Dev and talk about the best anon implementation. Instead of using a poll, I think PR can put another address to his signature... Lets say:

Address 1 - Donation for tournament
Address 2 - Donation for Anon

I had donated before, but I will donate for anon 3k. We can set an objetive, like collecting 100k, if we collect that amount within a week, we would use it for anon, if not, will be used for another thing (or the # of minerals required to develope Anon). What do you think?

I slightly edited OP.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

Do you have the contact from the 3rd party dev? Perhaps he can contact our Dev and talk about the best anon implementation. Instead of using a poll, I think PR can put another address to his signature... Lets say:

Address 1 - Donation for tournament
Address 2 - Donation for Anon

I had donated before, but I will donate for anon 3k. We can set an objetive, like collecting 100k, if we collect that amount within a week, we would use it for anon, if not, will be used for another thing (or the # of minerals required to develope Anon). What do you think?

I slightly edited OP.

It could work. People will probably donate because I think everyone would like to see the minerals price >20k. Imagine how much the tournament prize money would be worth to attract more top players if Minerals was trading at 20k instead of 2k. Coinier mentioned way in the beginning that he knows a dev that can do it. Perhaps Coinier can be summoned here.
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: