Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742149 times)
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:12:55 AM

Good morning MineralsPR Smiley

Glad to see you back and I hope everything got sorted out.

I started to write on an article yesterday to try to counter the foul mood and regain some trust, but since you're back, there's no need for it now \(^_^)/  Well... I'll still do it, but change the course to some editorial opinion if you can call it that way Wink

Lol... I discussed it yesterday, that 2 weeks weren't over yet, referring to Minerals' post of the 16th, expecting news during the weekend :+)

Market wise we haven't been rewarded though and I admit it was stirring by nerves also a little this week ^^'
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:19:23 AM

Good morning MineralsPR, welcome back

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Darth0ne

Activity: 190
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:25:14 AM

Welcome  back Smiley

I believe MINERALS should expand the betting to beyond Starcraft, but also to increase the Starcraft events and visibilty!

If people start betting MINERALS on everything, it would be pretty sweet.

Yes, but the problem is that Devs shifted resources to pay for anon developement and it is not doing well. As i told from the very beginning anon was clearly bad idea, but other guys decided against my opinion.

you are right..
focusing on ANON right now is not the best idea :/
MINERALS doesn't really have to be anon, we are not buying drugs with MINERALS, just having fun making bets on e-sports etc

also, the results of the POLL suggest that the betting is what people want to see the most:

Question:    Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features    - 233 (49.6%)
Anonymity development    - 125 (26.6%)
Multipool further development    - 24 (5.1%)
SC2 tournaments    - 51 (10.9%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design)    - 37 (7.9%)

Total Voters: 470

look at all anon fails lately.. i say wait till someone solves anon and build on it from there,
in the meantime, make this coin unique!
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:25:52 AM

Cool this is fantastic news  Cool
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:45:25 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 10:15:47 AM by jc12345

Welcome  back Smiley

I believe MINERALS should expand the betting to beyond Starcraft, but also to increase the Starcraft events and visibilty!

Yes, but the problem is that Devs shifted resources to pay for anon developement and it is not doing well. As i told from the very beginning anon was clearly bad idea, but other guys decided against my opinion.

you are right..
MINERALS doesn't really have to be anon, we are not buying drugs with MINERALS, just having fun making bets on e-sports etc

also, the results of the POLL suggest that the betting is what people want to see the most:

look at all anon fails lately.. i say wait till someone solves anon and build on it from there,

Agreed that Minerals do not need anon per se for betting. However, the argument for anon is to create a demand other than betting which will include the market outside of betting. This will cause a natural demand and volume for the coin to trade at higher levels which will mitigate a lot of risks that coins face that trade at <1000 sats.

If you drop anon then make sure there are other ways to keep it alive, like artificial trading and paying the market listing fees or whatever for a period of at least 6-12 months. Also, at these low levels do not be surprised if the portfolios tilt from more people holding less to fewer people stocking up huge bags of Min and then dump on everyones a$$es later when the price increases. Lower prices work against wider distribution as it enables a few people to gather up huge bags. With only betting there will be no demand in the short term to cause a breakout over 1000 sats.

So the decision is between anon, trading between 10-20k with less artificial measures to leep it alive during betting development, or no anon trading <1000 sats for some months to come. I guess it is a tradeoff between the risks going either route as each has its pros and cons. Looking at the market it might be that Min missed the wave on anon due to the delays and it could be too late, although there will always be a human nature demand for something anon like to keep what they are doing to themselves.

I have since reduced my Min holding significantly so I do not care as much as previously about how the coin is managed. I am just stating the principles as some people think that the argument for anon is because the coin needs it for betting which is not the case. However, having said that anon betting would be a killer combination.

I am saying it again, the principle of Min is sound, some of the best I have seen. It is just how you get to the end result that needs to be determined. If the devs struggle with anon then drop it. Just have a plan B of how to get to the end result. An example of a plan B would be for the devs or community to buy and sell into their own orders come Oct/Nov to make sure an avg trading volume of 0.1 BTC is maintained, while natural demand is slowly grown outside of the existing holders through awareness, marketing, tournaments and expanding the portfolio. To support such a plan B, the community can raise 1 BTC or so with the purpose to every 23 hours assess the BTC trading volume and if it is <0.1BTC do a few trades into itself until the volume is over the threshold. The fund then becomes a market fee fund. This way time can be bought while betting services are being developed and marketed.
JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:35:10 AM

Welcome  back Smiley

you are right..

Agreed that Minerals do not need anon per se for betting. However, the argument for anon is to create a demand other than betting which will include the market outside of betting. This will cause a natural demand and volume for the coin to trade at higher levels which will mitigate a lot of risks that coins face that trade at <1000 sats.

If you drop anon then make sure there are other ways to keep it alive, like artificial trading and paying the market listing fees or whatever for a period of at least 6-12 months. Also, at these low levels do not be surprised if the portfolios tilt from more people holding less to fewer people stocking up huge bags of Min and then dump on everyones a$$es later when the price increases. Lower prices work against wider distribution as it enables a few people to gather up huge bags. With only betting there will be no demand in the short term to cause a breakout over 1000 sats.

So the decision is between anon, trading between 10-20k with less artificial measures to leep it alive during betting development, or no anon trading <1000 sats for some months to come. I guess it is a tradeoff between the risks going either route as each has its pros and cons. Looking at the market it might be that Min missed the wave on anon due to the delays and it could be too late, although there will always be a human nature demand for something anon like to keep what they are doing to themselves.

I have since reduced my Min holding significantly so I do not care as much as previously about how the coin is managed. I am just stating the principles as some people think that the argument for anon is because the coin needs it for betting which is not the case. However, having said that anon betting would be a killer combination.

I am saying it again, the principle of Min is sound, some of the best I have seen. It is just how you get to the end result that needs to be determined. If the devs struggle with anon then drop it. Just have a plan B of how to get to the end result. An example of a plan B would be for the devs or community to buy and sell into their own orders come Oct/Nov to make sure an avg trading volume of 0.1 BTC is maintained, while natural demand is slowly grown outside of the existing holders through awareness, marketing, tournaments and expanding the portfolio. To support such a plan B, the community can raise 1 BTC or so with the purpose to every 23 hours assess the BTC trading volume and if it is <0.1BTC do a few trades into itself until the volume is over the threshold. The fund then becomes a market fee fund. This way time can be bought while betting services are being developed and marketed.

I've said this before, how do you expect anon to create substantial demand if all the other coins do anon too? Nobody really believes the government/tax man is watching them moving around MIN... no need for anon. For now.
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

Welcome  back Smiley

you are right..

Yes totally agreed. The problem at this point is in whats going on with developement. You know how it works - when you invested efforts in something, you can`t drop it even at the point where it is clearly not working (like our anon features).

shanecoins

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:36:59 AM

Hello everyone. And sorry for long ansense. I know there can not be any excuses, and you all gave me and the team great deal of trust. But now we reached point where we need to decide how to move forward. While I was gone (I had to travel alot last days, and then I had some family Issues) Minerals dev team worked on anon solution and the result is not really anything that we can show at this moment. Our policy was 100% honesty and we are not giving that up. I`ll try to stay around much more from now on.

Again - please excuse my long and unexplained ansense.

You may now tear me appart.
yay Cool
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:05:37 AM

Basically when I was gone I had alot of thinking about the project and made a few notes on what is currently wrong with Minerals appart of the terrible small volume. What I came up with was two major problems.

1. Hicups with service
2. Lack of uniform betting

The service now relies on the block chain and I feel that it is wrong. Confirmation time is too long and can not catch up with the real time betting.
The second one is much more vast problem to be solved. We need to make sure Minerals can be utilized everywhere not only in SC2. And I still thinking about that.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:56:48 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 03:26:10 PM by jc12345

I've said this before, how do you expect anon to create substantial demand if all the other coins do anon too? Nobody really believes the government/tax man is watching them moving around MIN... no need for anon. For now.

You dont understand. Anon would just be for other users to use the coin for keeping their tx private irrespective if it is betting or using the coin to pay for something. That is where the demand is. There will always be a huge demand for it (DRK/BTCD). However, in this game agility is key. What is a competitive advantage one day is a commodity the next. That is why I say that maybe the delays and debates has caused Min to miss the anon boat to the point that whatever gains it would have given the coin is lost. Had it been done earlier a new floor would have been gained and perhaps held. Coming from 300 sats to 10k might he difficult. Management has to detemine if anon is too difficult or they cannot get it right or do not know how to, then it does not make sense to keep on wasting time on it at this late stage. If they are almost finished by all means do it as there are still much that can be gained. In the first week after POW ended Coinier offered a resource that could implement it in 2 days. That was the best time to do it. It can still work now if the devs know how to or get the right people involved. Listening to what PR says about it though it seems that the devs are struggling and still a long way off because they can't get it right, which makes things difficult. All these things are normal business decisions. If they cannot get it right and it will take a long time at high cost the decision must be to look for an alternative method to create demand during betting development.
shanecoins

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:45:23 PM

Welcome  back Smiley

you are right..

Yes totally agreed. The problem at this point is in whats going on with developement. You know how it works - when you invested efforts in something, you can`t drop it even at the point where it is clearly not working (like our anon features).

kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:17:28 PM

So you guys have a nice niche market for starcraft e-sports betting.. then u decide to put efforts in anon? WTF total change in direction there, do what everyone else is doing so you are no longer unique. Should focus on starcraft and e-sports betting.

What are the future plans? Please tell me it is targeting a niche group of people.

Thanks
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

You know what, looking at PR's comments I did not realise that the devs dont have the skills for anon or could not manage a proper outsource for it - it is business economics and IT management 101. It should not have taken this long just to get to a point where you say it is not working. I am going to change my advice to you. Instead of aiming for a 10-20k price to consolidate at and that would have been a safe platform to develop your betting on, rather make peace with a price range of 100-300 sats for the next few months and focus on the betting. The lower price will have risks though as it will allow some to accumulate a couple of million for later. I might just put in some low orders myself.

Anon should not have taken this long with no results - I am a bit shocked. Drop it and rather focus then on the betting development, because things will only become worse if you carry on with no results. Your blockchain should still be fine and you have the previous wallets so it would be easy to drop it. If the volume should fall below 0.1BTC then so be it or perhaps some good souls can do artificial buying and selling to keep it alive.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

So you guys have a nice niche market for starcraft e-sports betting.. then u decide to put efforts in anon? WTF total change in direction there, do what everyone else is doing so you are no longer unique. Should focus on starcraft and e-sports betting.

What are the future plans? Please tell me it is targeting a niche group of people.

Thanks

I presume you will be the one that does the artificial buying and selling to maintain a 0.1BTC volume in two months time? Thanks. I agree now that they should drop anon. I did not think it will be this big an effort. Read my previous posts to understand why anon was needed. With some luck the coin can get by without it because the e-sports betting principle of Min is solid - the exchange will just need some nursing.
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:06:45 PM

28 BTC on Bittrex that is way more that the mínimum to stay alive on the Exchange... something weird is happening, somebody knows something.

Thanks

I presume you will be the one that does the artificial buying and selling to maintain a 0.1BTC volume in two months time? Thanks. I agree now that they should drop anon. I did not think it will be this big an effort. Read my previous posts to understand why anon was needed. With some luck the coin can get by without it because the e-sports betting principle of Min is solid - the exchange will just need some nursing.
Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:13:09 AM

The focus has to be on the betting. Expanding, improving, increasing visibility. DOTA2 and LOL are huge games atm, and they have stream APIs. Dev has successfully completed the work before, he can do it again. This is his project "for the next 10 years."  Monthly tournaments with a different game each month. This coin has so much potential to bring crypto to the mainstream, and this opportunity cannot be squandered by losing focus on the goals.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:02:07 AM

Hello minerals, are you a serious project?

Just deleted my list of ideas as it's made me think why the hell am I not taking this route with a coin while you guys mess around with anon! ;-)
chrisnippz

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:59:44 AM

Why reduce your market by providing betting on one game... CREATE AN EXCHANGE LIKE WEBSITE ALREADY!!! Be the new twitch with betting facilities! Aim high Smiley
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:47:25 AM

28 BTC on Bittrex that is way more that the mínimum to stay alive on the Exchange... something weird is happening, somebody knows something.

You are too short term focussed. You have to make plans now for in 2-3 months time. 28BTC for one day means nothing. It is because PR posted again that the volume spiked. This actually provides proof of another weapon in the arsenal in this game which is dev team posts have a direct impact on price and volume. Regular posts and updates can only be good to maintain volume. Hint-hint.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:58:17 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 08:04:55 AM by jc12345

Hello minerals, are you a serious project?

Just deleted my list of ideas as it's made me think why the hell am I not taking this route with a coin while you guys mess around with anon! ;-)

There is nothing wrong with the devs strategy. Let me use another analogy. An F1 race car that pulls into the pits to have racing slicks fitted and put on a super turbo and getting the car refueled. It is all supposed to happen quickly and simultaneously within a reasonable time. The car is then released to rejoin the race exploiting the enhancements made within the bigger scheme of the main goal which is winning the race. At anytime during the pitstop the team can make a go/no-go decision on what is done in the pitstop and pull the plug if the pitstop is taking too long.

In my mind e-sports betting is like the main race. Adding anon is like adding features during a pitstop that will help the main race. If the pitstop takes too long or the enhancements cannot be made, make a go/no-go decision, pull the plug and release the car back into the race less the gains of the enhancements.

I would hardly call a pitstop a change in focus. The dev team is doing a perfect job so far. They just have to make a call at some point to either implement the anon or call it quits and carry on with the betting piece. 3 weeks so far is still reasonable in a 6-12 months overall race. Let the dev tem make their business decisions and if the outcome is to carry on without anon then at least the devs attempted it and the race can continue.
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: