Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742158 times)
zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:01:13 AM

So the supporters got fucked over by disagreements in the team as we see all the time in altcoins >_>
Nice. Really nice...

And dumping thousands of minerals at 200 sat or less isn't going to limit ones losses :/
MorningMinerals along with the wallet probably heading to /dev/null soon

It's not about disagreement. It's about immoral. These greedy Russian developers all over the place, taking everything what they can from the community and don't give back anything. There 's no moral, only pure greed. Putin doesn't teach them to be a civilized and give back to the community that supported them. Greedy scammers.
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:04:17 AM

Whoa whoa..

Can someone summarize what happened exactly? Specifically about the devs?

Last i heard about Minerals the price was going down (about 1-2k) but development was going well and a few SC players got involved. Then something about a dev getting sick.

What happened now?

MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:35:34 AM

Well PR and marketing wise not much will change, that was as good as dead anyway. Good luck with whatever coin comes next, try to give your next community a heads up on your business trips  Wink

Yeah thank you. This was unforgivable from my side. Shame on me.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:38:10 AM

Whoa whoa..

Last i heard about Minerals the price was going down (about 1-2k) but development was going well and a few SC players got involved. Then something about a dev getting sick.

What happened now?

The problem is that core devs (including me) have very different oppinion on how to move forward with minerals. Spiced with the price plunder, my urgent business trip and core dev`s vacation it basically destroyed the team. It is yet to be confirmed if devs will continue the developement of Minerals. As for me - I`m moving to start another project independently.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:43:39 AM

So the supporters got fucked over by disagreements in the team as we see all the time in altcoins >_>
Nice. Really nice...

And dumping thousands of minerals at 200 sat or less isn't going to limit ones losses :/

It's not about disagreement. It's about immoral. These greedy Russian developers all over the place, taking everything what they can from the community and don't give back anything. There 's no moral, only pure greed. Putin doesn't teach them to be a civilized and give back to the community that supported them. Greedy scammers.

As for "greedy" Russian developers - they overall spent more than 4 000 dollars to create Minerals and its services, never selling a single MIN from their stash. So even since I`m not a big fan of their project management approach - I disagree that they are greedy.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:51:15 AM

Nice. Really nice...

Hoshimaru. You are the most dedicated supporter, I respect this and appriciate your efforts.
But my disagreement with the devs has nothing to do with their ability or inability to continue developement. I joined team way too late, and it is my decision to leave the team. Other devs are out there, willing or not willing to continue with minerals compleatly up to them. I know how bad it looks from the side, and I really hate when I have to leave projects - but I`m not in charge of Minerals, and I can not control main devs. Besides - one of the requirements for me being around Minerals was that I will share espenses with dev team. I did, and I don`t want to continue doing that without adequate response from them. We are not in conflict, we just do not have an agreement on my role in the project. So I prefere to invest my time and money on something that I will have control over.

Sorry to dissapoint you. Damn shame...

Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:08:53 PM

Nice. Really nice...

Hoshimaru. You are the most dedicated supporter, I respect this and appriciate your efforts.
But my disagreement with the devs has nothing to do with their ability or inability to continue developement. I joined team way too late, and it is my decision to leave the team. Other devs are out there, willing or not willing to continue with minerals compleatly up to them. I know how bad it looks from the side, and I really hate when I have to leave projects - but I`m not in charge of Minerals, and I can not control main devs. Besides - one of the requirements for me being around Minerals was that I will share espenses with dev team. I did, and I don`t want to continue doing that without adequate response from them. We are not in conflict, we just do not have an agreement on my role in the project. So I prefere to invest my time and money on something that I will have control over.

Ok so PR is leaving but what about the devs? do they stop developping as well?

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:12:59 PM

Whoa whoa..

What happened now?

The problem is that core devs (including me) have very different oppinion on how to move forward with minerals. Spiced with the price plunder, my urgent business trip and core dev`s vacation it basically destroyed the team. It is yet to be confirmed if devs will continue the developement of Minerals. As for me - I`m moving to start another project independently.

Well, for what its worth, at least you are openly admitting that Minerals is basically abandoned. As sad as the current situation are for the investors, at the very least you had the balls to admit that Minerals development is over. So at least no one will be here waiting in vain for development.

It only seems like yesterday when I pm'ed the dev requesting for a PR guy and bam..not 24hrs later, they got one. Solid dev team overall...fullfilled nearly all promises, just got a bad rep due to price and some problems during events. Plus the downward spiral of death that led to this point.

I will say though...its a bit funny because I remember the Minerals dev account holder saying that this is a 10-year project at least. (the post is earlier on this thread. Not gona bother to look for it though!) lol so much for that. That's crypto for you folks.

At least minerals was no scam. It was simply a failed project.

ON TO THE NEXT ONE!  Grin
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:14:29 PM

Whoa whoa..

What happened now?

Well, for what its worth, at least you are openly admitting that Minerals is basically abandoned. As sad as the current situation are for the investors, at the very least you had the balls to admit that Minerals development is over. So at least no one will be here waiting in vain for development.

It only seems like yesterday when I pm'ed the dev requesting for a PR guy and bam..not 24hrs later, they got one. Solid dev team overall...fullfilled nearly all promises, just got a bad rep due to price and some problems during events.

I will say though...its a bit funny because I remember the Minerals dev account holder saying that this is a 10-year project at least. lol so much for that. That's crypto for you folks.

I'm not saying that it is abondoned. Just there are complications. I hope Minerals sometime will clarify what is going on and about their plans.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:17:41 PM

Nice. Really nice...

Ok so PR is leaving but what about the devs? do they stop developping as well?

Probably - as soon as they realize that anon is not the right way to move they will either come back to do important stuff, or openly state that it is over. For now they still trying to implement anon.

shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:18:43 PM

Well PR and marketing wise not much will change, that was as good as dead anyway. Good luck with whatever coin comes next, try to give your next community a heads up on your business trips  Wink

appreciate your honesty thanks for the work you put in.make sure you post here news of your next project as I will be behind you Cool
dr. x

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:22:18 PM

I believe dev and his team do not stop promoting and developing the minerals. It's a young currency with enormous potential. There will be good news coming, while others are elsewhere their luck searching. The name of the coin is perfect. There are many people who like to see a project like this will succeed. I believe that this currency is accepted by the game industry. I like to buy minerals for the current price. I have faith and belief in a bright future fo the minerals.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:27:19 PM

appreciate your honesty thanks for the work you put in.make sure you post here news of your next project as I will be behind you Cool

I will.

dr. x

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:50:59 PM

It seems that people are bashing minerals to buy cheaper. There will be some good news coming.! Minerlas long-term !!
Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

Thanks for the transparency and honesty PR. Now it's MineralsDev turn to come in and tell us the roadmap, or if development will not continue. And it needs to be sooner than later. This coin and its features still has so much potential, would be a such shame to see it abandoned. But just be honest with us.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:40:41 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 01:54:12 PM by jc12345

Whoa whoa..

What happened now?

It only seems like yesterday when I pm'ed the dev requesting for a PR guy and bam..not 24hrs later, they got one. Solid dev team overall...fullfilled nearly all promises, just got a bad rep due to price and some problems during events. Plus the downward spiral of death that led to this point.

I will say though...its a bit funny because I remember the Minerals dev account holder saying that this is a 10-year project at least. (the post is earlier on this thread. Not gona bother to look for it though!) lol so much for that. That's crypto for you folks.

At least minerals was no scam. It was simply a failed project.

It is too early to say that Min is dead.  As long as there is a dev team and trading volume is >0.1BTC avg the coin is alive. The dev said very clearly that it is a long term project. The low price and low volume is normal and is 100% in line with other alt coins. Alt coin culture is all about making quick bucks with the initial rise and then it is downwards all the way.  I notice a trend lately of coins trying to implement real life usable services of which Min is one in order to break the cookie-cutter pattern - some have poor ideas and others have excellent ideas. These coins with plausible real life services are long term holdings. All that is required is to keep it alive by one of a few possibilities until the services can be delivered and adopted which is the hard part. Real life services take a long time to code and get right.  Anon was recommended to do exactly that, to make it easier to keep the coin alive while betting development is done. Anon is not crucial and it is up to the devs to determine if they want to/can finish that first and then carry on with betting. If anon is abandoned it is still possible to achieve the main goal but then it will just be more difficult to keep it alive in the mean time.

I don't know of coins that have really nailed real life services because they all fail on the same point and that is having enough steam and support to keep the coin alive until the real life services are delivered.  The only coins that I know of that have achieved some success in delivering on real life services are those that have anon as their main real life service that people can use to keep their tx private for whatever purpose. They succeeded so far because the time to market for anon as a service is much shorter than the time to market of most other real life services and adoption of anon is almost instant with an instant demand. Betting is Min's main real life service and time to market is much longer than anon and I estimate 3-6 months time to market with a quality product and 6-12 months for main stream adoption outside of the current coin holders.

Whether anon is done or not, both routes can lead to success if a solution is found for keeping the coin alive for the next number of months until time to market. This will let Min bridge to gap where most other coins fail.

It is a pity that MineralsPR is leaving as I really like him. A piece of advice for MinPR's new project is that after the initial hype of whatever its main thing is, the project will face exactly the same problem to solve that Min is experiencing now and he will have exactly the same decisions to make on how to keep the coin alive during the development of real life services and will have exactly the same end result of most coins because they fail to solve the point I raised above, unless his real life services including adoption is something very short in line with the current attention span of the alt coin market.

The real test of character for the Min dev team is the next few weeks/months if they will be able to stick with it and deliver and bridge the gap that few other coins have been able to bridge and that is to get through this phase of low price and volume until a polished e-betting product can delivered and adopted. If they fail and abandon the coin, Min follows the same pattern as all the other alt coins but if they stick with it and if they are committed and sincere and carry on it will lead to success. The concept of Min is sound which is rare, and it is still early days in the bigger scheme of things.

Hang in there.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

It seems that people are bashing minerals to buy cheaper. There will be some good news coming.! Minerlas long-term !!

isn't cheap enough, i mena 400s is a joke
dr. x

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:02:45 PM

The lower the coin, the more% efficiency. Just a nice load smashed  Cheesy I expect nice messages quickly!!
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:23:32 PM

The lower the coin, the more% efficiency. Just a nice load smashed  Cheesy I expect nice messages quickly!!

It is what I call the "gearing effect". A low price has a big impact on holdings and a potential huge/catastrophic impact in future when things take off. One of the risks of trading at low prices is that more people are able to load up huge bags and even worse, a whale loading up. in other words, less people get larger holdings where a stable coin needs more people with less holdings. Later on when things take off, these large holders can dump on everyone and cause a lot of damage. That is probably the biggest reason for shouting for something to be implemented to create a higher trading floor and probably the biggest reason for having had to implement something early on just after a fair distribution to prevent this happening once the price drops so low - even more so with Minerals that had its biggest claim to fame of having had a fair distribution in the beginning. A low price destroys that completely.
dr. x

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:40:26 PM

It is what I call the "gearing effect". A low price has a big impact on holdings and a potential huge/catastrophic impact in future when things take off. One of the risks of trading at low prices is that more people are able to load up huge bags and even worse, a whale loading up. in other words, less people get larger holdings where a stable coin needs more people with less holdings. Later on when things take off, these large holders can dump on everyone and cause a lot of damage. That is probably the biggest reason for shouting for something to be implemented to create a higher trading floor and probably the biggest reason for having had to implement something early on just after a fair distribution to prevent this happening once the price drops so low - even more so with Minerals that had its biggest claim to fame of having had a fair distribution in the beginning. A low price destroys that completely.

It is about the long term. These coins will be get many owners in the future!
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: