Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:09:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742153 times)
baseke

Activity: 389
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:32:31 PM

Man how is it possible not to make some anon feature when there are dozen coins claiming about it and they dont even have real world usage.
With betting platform with all this support from users how do dev even think about dropping the project. Just can not understand.
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:04:17 PM

Man how is it possible not to make some anon feature when there are dozen coins claiming about it and they dont even have real world usage.
With betting platform with all this support from users how do dev even think about dropping the project. Just can not understand.

The problem is there is no effective working anon solution out there. If for a difference those who claim they have anon will try to actually develop it... Minerals tryed.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:08:19 PM

I know one thing..I will never invest in a coin developed by ANY of the Minerals team including MineralsPR, and neither should any of you. Unless you want round 2 of the same Minerals bullcrap fiasco. Devs who give up. They obviously don't give a crap about the community so you shouldn't support these people.

that is all  Grin

You are the honest man. We are trying to be honest with our supporters as well. Both me and other, silent devs.
In my defence I can say that I would done things compleatly different from the start, but I can't guarantee that I would perform better.

baseke

Activity: 389
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

not good with anon feature lets dev come out and inform the community and ask for the next steps what community wants.
Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:37:27 PM

No man, not because of price - because of lack of motivation. Devs (including me) invested in this project over 4000$. Never had a single dollar back from it, and now they just don't see point in spending more. Dota  2 alone will consume same amount from their pockets, and for what? The results of the tournament was just another price drop. I can offer myself to throw away another 2-3 couple of BTC's, but they may be not. Fundraiser would be an option, but again - how much will it give? 2 BTC's? That will support 2-3 weeks of coders time if we use really cheap workforce. Project of this magnitude requires more than they ready to invest, even since I know for a fact they can afford it.

Bullshit. You said team have enough resources, when community asked about it. Also, over 50% ppl said "screw anon", when team asked about it. You claimed it to be a longterm project, so you're same liar. Fuck you and your team dude.

The only way I see now - search for a new developer, funded by community with MIN. Community is good, many ppl who believed in MIN and lots of usefull persons. It was a mistake leaving it like this, without any words. Community would help out in any kind of situation, but dev just shitted himself and deserves no trust now.

Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

The problem is there is no effective working anon solution out there. If for a difference those who claim they have anon will try to actually develop it... Minerals tryed.
Why don't you take minerals?
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

I've made up my mind and consider Minerals a dead coin unless a u-turn is made or this get resurrected in the future. I'll keep the site, but don't expect news on it unless it's official or something special happens. My last article might be harsh. And I don't mean to offend anyone. My apologies if I do.

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.morningminerals.com/?p=539

J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:36:30 PM

I've made up my mind and consider Minerals a dead coin unless a u-turn is made or this get resurrected in the future. I'll keep the site, but don't expect news on it unless it's official or something special happens. My last article might be harsh. And I don't mean to offend anyone. My apologies if I do.

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.morningminerals.com/?p=539

Honestly Hoshimaru, you can easily put your skills to great use promoting other worthwhile coins. I'll be the first one to tell you to drop Minerals, but don't waste your talents.
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:23:24 PM

No man, not because of price - because of lack of motivation. Devs (including me) invested in this project over 4000$. Never had a single dollar back from it, and now they just don't see point in spending more. Dota  2 alone will consume same amount from their pockets, and for what? The results of the tournament was just another price drop. I can offer myself to throw away another 2-3 couple of BTC's, but they may be not. Fundraiser would be an option, but again - how much will it give? 2 BTC's? That will support 2-3 weeks of coders time if we use really cheap workforce. Project of this magnitude requires more than they ready to invest, even since I know for a fact they can afford it.

Bullshit. You said team have enough resources, when community asked about it. Also, over 50% ppl said "screw anon", when team asked about it. You claimed it to be a longterm project, so you're same liar. Fuck you and your team dude.

The only way I see now - search for a new developer, funded by community with MIN. Community is good, many ppl who believed in MIN and lots of usefull persons. It was a mistake leaving it like this, without any words. Community would help out in any kind of situation, but dev just shitted himself and deserves no trust now.

You do realize that the price drop during the tournament was orchestrated probably by the same persons involved leaning on this coin since it was listed on bittrexx? We all remember they didn't want to list it because of the restriction during pow? Right?

You do realize that they have accomplished exactly what they set out to do right? Destroy this coin.

And FYI you are contradicting yourself about price. One sentence saying not about price but in the next stating frustrating with no roi during tournament.

Anyhow, as I said just get back to ebetting. Ask for help from the community. If there is one thing I know about hardcore "gamers" is that a lot are very intelligent, very dedicated and very resourceful. I am sure there is a few talented and "connected" people lurking in this thread who could help out in various ways.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:30:12 PM

You do realize that the price drop during the tournament was orchestrated probably by the same persons involved leaning on this coin since it was listed on bittrexx? We all remember they didn't want to list it because of the restriction during pow? Right?

You do realize that they have accomplished exactly what they set out to do right? Destroy this coin.

And FYI you are contradicting yourself about price. One sentence saying not about price but in the next stating frustrating with no roi during tournament.

Anyhow, as I said just get back to ebetting. Ask for help from the community. If there is one thing I know about hardcore "gamers" is that a lot are very intelligent, very dedicated and very resourceful. I am sure there is a few talented and "connected" people lurking in this thread who could help out in various ways.

Here guys ...

Bitcometrader asked about us on my site. He's the one who donated the additional 10000 Minerals for the Immortals Minerals Invitations. Proof that even outside this forum there are people watching us closely and only ask for more.

http://www.morningminerals.com/?p=530#comment-95

Hi Akira, it seems everything is going really quiet around Minerals.
How are the developments going on?
The paid duels and public duels?
It would be helpful to keep the people better informed on how we are standing at the moment. People as potential investors need to know if Minerals have a future or not, at the moment everything is to quiet for me. The implementation of anonymous features will not make the coin much better than any other coin, the only way of saving Minerals will the betting feature and a lot of tournaments, I mean a lot of them not one once a month.
Minerals has the same problem like most of the Alt-coins, the implementation is easy but the marketing is something not many people understand specially not programmers.
I hope there is a future for Minerals because the concept is really good.
All the best for the future
Wretched

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

No man, not because of price - because of lack of motivation. Devs (including me) invested in this project over 4000$. Never had a single dollar back from it, and now they just don't see point in spending more. Dota  2 alone will consume same amount from their pockets, and for what? The results of the tournament was just another price drop. I can offer myself to throw away another 2-3 couple of BTC's, but they may be not. Fundraiser would be an option, but again - how much will it give? 2 BTC's? That will support 2-3 weeks of coders time if we use really cheap workforce. Project of this magnitude requires more than they ready to invest, even since I know for a fact they can afford it.
[/quote]

Not because of price, really? And the money you get back from it was suppose to be through slowing selling off the Minerals you own, it's not exactly our fault it's worth so little. It's an investment, both time and money. Maybe more community members would be willing to invest money if we saw more of the dev's time being invested into something, but we only see "We're trying anon" then no updates or communication. No one's going to throw money into that black hole, not even the devs want to apparently.

There's still a market for this, there are coins with much higher price tags and far less community. It's the devs choice to continue with their belief in an Esports coin, or to drop it and any of their investments into it and let someone else take that community and market.
kozmos

Activity: 381

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:55:17 PM

Price is going way too fast, the buying orders are fading. Damn..

The dev team had to discuss with us their problems IF THEY CARED about this coin, if anon wasn't working then that DOES NOT mean to halt everything and freeze at anon developing step.

Way to go (DOWN) dev. guys..
DogeBuffet

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:23:05 AM

It's so sad to see what the devs make out of this incredible opportunity. NOTHING
Really devastating for the people that believe in the coin, and the community is huge.
But devs that don't want to represent and talk to the investors of their project are just pathetic.

Very good article Hoshimaru.
tramphuochuy

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:02:12 AM

Hope a nice day when dev bring news to us  Roll Eyes

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:57:28 AM

dropped my 4 months accumulation at a major freaking loss.   bummer.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:06:52 AM

It looks like Minerals is struggling with the exact same issue where most other coins are failing and that is to have the financial support to carry the coin through to implementation and adoption of real life services. That was the only reason anon was recommended. If the devs got anon right quickly they would have been able to carry on with e-betting development without losing momentum and by using the proceeds of selling their own coins for funding the project to completion.

Crypto needs a mindshift from wanting instant gratification to taking a 12 month view. E-betting implementation and adoption will take at least 12 months and this should also be in the planning for the project.  The project and community must plan for this to carry the coping for at least 12 months. If things happen quicker then it is good. If you take a 12 month view it is still early days even for getting anon right. If the dev team have alternative funding then drop the anon and carry on with e-betting.

The price of the coin in the Min context will rise under one of 2 conditions:
1. E-betting works and is adopted widely ouside of the current holders
2. Min can be used by someone else for something else, for example using it to keep other tx private

With option 1 alternative funding have to be found to keep the coin going and the price will remain between 100-133 sats for at least 6 months. The devs and community also need to keep a trading olume avg of 0.1BTC to not be delisted during this time. This can be funded artificially. With option 2 the price might go to 10k, but will take up e-betting dev time but the devs might be able to fund the dev work from coins and the market then also has a bigger chance of maintaining 0.1BTC avg volume. Both options are viabl.e but just need different management strategies.

That is the decision that has to be made.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:05:43 AM

Well devs have money. They just don't want to spend it on Minerals anymore.

Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:35:29 AM

Well devs have money. They just don't want to spend it on Minerals anymore.
Case closed... So they shut down the block explorer to stealthily get rid of their pool fees and premine, since anon doesn't work. You can't go more anon than that. I hope that the price crashes to 10 sat or below asap.
dominikf

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:46:16 AM

Can't we do a community takeover? Aren't there other devs interested to take over the project of Minerals?
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:05:02 AM

I know one thing..I will never invest in a coin developed by ANY of the Minerals team including MineralsPR, and neither should any of you. Unless you want round 2 of the same Minerals bullcrap fiasco. Devs who give up. They obviously don't give a crap about the community so you shouldn't support these people.

that is all  Grin
+1
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: