Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75599 times)
EFFV (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:57:03 AM

Please no more posting in Come-From-Aboves thread, every time it is bumped it distracts people rom the official thread here.

Thanks
-EFFV

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:58:06 AM

He always said it would be up to the community not him. So brush the dust off and lets move forward.
There's no need to make hasty changes , specifically for those that have been hell bent on derailing the project.
NEM is still on chapter one, i as do many intend to be part of the full book.  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:59:56 AM

He always said it would be up to the community not him. So brush the dust off and lets move forward.
There's no need to make hasty changes , specifically for those that have been hell bent on derailing the project.
NEM is still on chapter one, i as do many intend to be part of the full book.  Smiley

Quote from: @Come-from-Beyond
Leader doesn't matter, Community does. #Nxt proved this, #NEM will prove it again.

I'd personally really like to have this answered though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.msg7288505#msg7288505
EFFV (OP)

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

We have already gone through multiple series of taint analysis. We have moved past that stage and should now be concerned with marketing and development.

As a stakeholder of Nem I would like to ask:  how many stakes does UP hold?

The only verified stake UF holds right now is his own account. He only had one verified sockpuppet, but that stake was removed from the stakeholder list. Devs are likely currently discussing whether or not to reward UF with some development share. He likely will not receive any. Distribution is no worse than it was before these issues arose.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

We have already gone through multiple series of taint analysis. We have moved past that stage and should now be concerned with marketing and development.

None knows for sure. He did remove 1 that was uncovered during the recent fallout and he told me that the others were removed during the audit.
If true he owns 1 stake + what he get's as founder and for his work.
He also said that he never meant to cash out any of them anyway.

It's up the you if you're going to believe this or not. Think about what happend though. Mistakes were uncovered and he immediately stepped down. That doesn't sound like someone who was just in it for the money. He could have left with all the raised funds months ago.

mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:04:44 AM

Copy of my comments from Come-f-a's "political" threads  Grin

Many interesting comments have been sent during the last night. Few thoughts based on those.

utopianfuture's deed was not so dirty as some famous persons' in real life. And those people didn't resign. By resigning utopianfuture increased the level of trust to the NEM community.

There will be newcomers to NEM and they may ask, can NEM be trusted.
The current NEM-haters will say "NO". Then the question is how the current NEM-supporters can assure the newcomers?
Is it enough to have utopianfuture's explanation and core team's comments? No. There is needed the working servers and clients. When the NEM coin is running, everybody understand that utopianfuture's deed was just a human mistake and it didn't affect to NEM.

Also then can be evaluated Come-f-a's accusations, which already have been raising to astronomical yards    and his real identity, which he keeps advertising and hinting with certain writing styles and by saying he has been in the NEM project. Has been in the NEM project and now tries to destroy it? I'd think twice when hiring such a guy in my projects.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:06:58 AM

i also think he wanted to promote NEM with socketpuppet accounts but IMO it was a wrong approach from the start, Projects like NEM dont need socketpuppts and the popularity increases with time but who knows what was in his mind.
griffinriz

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:08:32 AM

After the earthquake, well, back to the NEM community

Again we are gaining the momentum  Grin , NEM community is huge and the rivals are testing us  Grin
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:11:16 AM

None knows for sure. He did remove 1 that was uncovered during the recent fallout and he told me that the others were removed during the audit.
If true he owns 1 stake + what he get's as founder and for his work.
He also said that he never meant to cash out any of them anyway.

It's up the you if you're going to believe this or not. Think about what happend though. Mistakes were uncovered and he immediately stepped down. That doesn't sound like someone who was just in it for the money. He could have left with all the raised funds months ago.

They key here is If true

Do you trust him given he flatly lied about it until he got caught by his own mistake?

I don't think UP should get nothing, but should he get the same percentage of developer stake as before the scandal? No punishment whatsoever?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:13:37 AM

Following.

Eadeqa

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:14:27 AM

As a stakeholder of Nem I would like to ask & know:  how many stakes does UP hold?

Well ignoring the sock puppets for a second, he was already getting more than 50

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:14:45 AM

It is amazing how quickly we have recovered from this mistake, and how efficient our devs and community have reorganized. They deserve an applause for hard work.  Smiley

The reason for the recovery is that all the NEM-haters, except nutildah, are sleeping  Wink
Wait for the rise of _ _ _ _   Cheesy

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:16:05 AM

i also think he wanted to promote NEM with socketpuppet accounts but IMO it was a wrong approach from the start,

This is not true that he did only early. He also claimed Nxt AE stake with one his sock puppet account (others are unknown). Did anyone even check if he cashed that?

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:17:31 AM

Also the idea for the auction came from the community so it wasn't designed to milk anyone unless the idea was to milk themselves ?
It's one thing to display concerns but it's just wrong to spread completely incorrect facts.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention if that idea came from community. As far as I am concerned,  auction mean selling stakes for bitcoins that obviously are not distributed to community but go again to the "developers"

200 stakes sold at 2 BTC average, 400 BTC, $250,000.

Nice amount for someone ...  

So who is that someone?...Please enlighten. Please do not assume. Plus instead of auctioning, give the stakes away, so that everyone can dump them following that? That's against your very own claim that they should not be given away free.

I would like to hear a few options from you, not just giving away for free. Let the community know why this should be given away free to the stakeholders. Like you, I am dead against giving away free. But unlike you, which is an oxymoron, I am also dead against giving back to the stakeholders because, it is still giving away free.

I feel it should be used for professional marketing, supporting projects related to the use of nem and for outsourcing stuff if  needed for fast release.

Yes, the funds raised will be used for the good of everything. Things like NEM-using collectives, businesses, and professional marketing and promotion (like NXT has now).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:24:25 AM

i also think he wanted to promote NEM with socketpuppet accounts but IMO it was a wrong approach from the start,

This is not true that he did only early. He also claimed Nxt AE stake with one his sock puppet account (others are unknown). Did anyone even check if he cashed that?

Does it even matter at this point?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:25:53 AM

Does it even matter at this point?

Sure, why not?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:32:36 AM

No one has confirmed how many stakes/ socks he had?

If all were removed why was the latest one and the only one we know of removed from the list recently?

dont troll here, go buy some qora

IOTA
griffinriz

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:33:17 AM

Others are unknown because they don't exist  Grin i really don't know but i hope he just got 2 stakes.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:37:52 AM

Can you find out?

Stakeholder/AE data is to my knowledge public. If someone wants to go through the data and do an independent audit, then please do it. Us devs don't have time to do it ourselves.

If someone wants to organize a professional audit, then there might be some of the dev funds available for that, from the dev/ecosystem fund. Rather than distributing more coins to people from unclaimed stakes, I think we want to auction off the stakes to increase the size of the NEM community beyond current stakeholders and the NXT AE (lots of people have BTC but not NXT). The money will be used for development/ecosystem building/marketing. If you join our trello boards and contribute then I think you will get reimbursed in accordance with your participation upon V1 launch.

An official contract with the community will be finalized soon I think, perhaps around the time of the open alpha. I think it won't change much if at all from the current contract, because it would not be fair to everyone and to investors on NXT AE to change the rules mid-term.

My hope is that all the stakeholders will work hard to promote and build NEM. It's really the best decision for all of us.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:39:21 AM

Others are unknown because they don't exist  Grin i really don't know but i hope he just got 2 stakes.

I think it is likely that most or all of his remaining sockpuppets were taken out in the taint analysis. The community should work together to verify this or come up with a good way to verify this that doesn't include giving our identities away to the NSA.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: