Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75597 times)
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:39:33 AM

alpha 100% on 25th of june  or there may be a delay?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:40:35 AM

i also think he wanted to promote NEM with socketpuppet accounts but IMO it was a wrong approach from the start,

This is not true that he did only early. He also claimed Nxt AE stake with one his sock puppet account (others are unknown). Did anyone even check if he cashed that?

Does it even matter at this point?

patmast3r was quoting UP that he never intended to claim stakes from his sock puppet, but this is not true, as he already did one for Nxt AE.

Did he cash that one? Did anyone check it or should I?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:42:25 AM

i also think he wanted to promote NEM with socketpuppet accounts but IMO it was a wrong approach from the start,

This is not true that he did only early. He also claimed Nxt AE stake with one his sock puppet account (others are unknown). Did anyone even check if he cashed that?

patmast3r was quoting UP that he never intended to claim stakes from his sock puppet, but this is not true, as he already did one for Nxt AE.

Please check Cheesy
Us devs can't do it all. We are programmers and not IRS agents.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:43:08 AM

Looks like it will be on schedule. There are still some bugs with node syncing and UI, but we are working hard on this.

EDIT: I will qualify this by saying nothing is ever 100% with software schedules!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:45:03 AM

As a stakeholder I wish to add my support to the core dev team and have no intention of going anywhere, I read the thread numerous times a day, remain interested and committed to the original cause. One thing I would propose is that everyone takes time and gets some rest. Lets learn from the many things that UP did right not the one thing he did wrong. His decisions (mostly) always seemed to be considered and with an end objective insight. Please lets not start messing with the distribution of NEM or changing elements off the cuff. If people want a debate about a particular change or enhancement here is probably not the best place, a better place is probably on Trello where a request can be made and the full short and long term impact considered.

It's not unimportant question. If there are 25% unclaimed coins, then add 10% developer stakes, and 15% future development, and you are left with a situation where 50% of coins are controlled by developers. Even more if unclaimed coins are higher (as I suspect they will be)

How the fuck is that different than arura and ripple?

This is not "decentralized" system.

unclaimed stakes?
Isn't that "problem" solved so that the coin amount per each stake just increases?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:45:10 AM

Please check Cheesy
Us devs can't do it all. We are programmers and not IRS agents.

ghosthouse removed his Nxt address from

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdFRROFFGVUpwcFFXcHVCdGc0a3NuQVE&usp=drive_web#gid=14

making it difficult to verify if he sold his stake

He did claim a stake for AE

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/nem-nem-new-economy-movement-no-envy-movement-updates-discussion-thread.242825/page-441#post-6690550
Quote from: ghosthouse=utopianfuture
Requested a token. Not selling more than 0.2 though. It is nice to see the thread crowded Grin I hope the best for the developers .

Can anyone with access to google doc check the history if his Nxt address was posted on in google doc?

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:47:56 AM

As a stakeholder I wish to add my support to the core dev team and have no intention of going anywhere, I read the thread numerous times a day, remain interested and committed to the original cause. One thing I would propose is that everyone takes time and gets some rest. Lets learn from the many things that UP did right not the one thing he did wrong. His decisions (mostly) always seemed to be considered and with an end objective insight. Please lets not start messing with the distribution of NEM or changing elements off the cuff. If people want a debate about a particular change or enhancement here is probably not the best place, a better place is probably on Trello where a request can be made and the full short and long term impact considered.

It's not unimportant question. If there are 25% unclaimed coins, then add 10% developer stakes, and 15% future development, and you are left with a situation where 50% of coins are controlled by developers. Even more if unclaimed coins are higher (as I suspect they will be)

How the fuck is that different than arura and ripple?

This is not "decentralized" system.

unclaimed stakes?
Isn't that "problem" solved so that the coin amount per each stake just increases?

Not according to the plan. We want to distribute to as many people as possible so that the community will grow.

Plus it will give us resources to do some cool things. If you have any ideas and what to implement them with us, then please work together.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:51:49 AM

Looks like it will be on schedule. There are still some bugs with node syncing and UI, but we are working hard on this.

EDIT: I will qualify this by saying nothing is ever 100% with software schedules!

Alpha will be public or it will be just available to some users?
nxtvisa

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:52:17 AM

I'm NEM followers, not leaving Grin

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:53:18 AM

Alpha will be public or it will be just available to some users?

06/25 public alpha is going to be for everyone; even non-stakeholders can try it out.

It will just be the base system and under-construction UI. NEM will be fake for the alpha, so you can just play with it and have fun.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
kattokassinen

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

Is it possible for NEM to launch sooner than the 25th if everything is ready before that date?
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:23:59 PM by instacash

Can anyone with access to google doc check the history if his Nxt address was posted on in google doc?

http://nem.io/stakeholder.html

http://nem.io/issuance.html

Code:
156	ghosthouse	NXT-VNR4-46RY-BN24-HM5W3	Sent

this account/UP didn't sell this stake, still holding it.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:56:06 AM

I'm NEM followers, not leaving Grin

Great Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:56:33 AM

Ok, here is ghosthouse Nxt account

http://nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=17361503081169015522&switch=200

It looks good as he didn't sell the stake

but still he should not have claimed it for Nxt AE if never intended to sell

Again, I don't want UP to removed. He did a lot of work. I think the success just got to his head.  He had no business bashing Simcoin.  NxtChg wrote 3 versions of RS format (C++, Javascript, and PHP) that I saw myself as I wanted someone to convert it to Java so Nxt core can implement it.  I know that guy is pretty talented programmer

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:57:30 AM

It's a pity what happend. But luckily it's just boiled hotter than it actualy is. I'm still very excited about this project!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:57:57 AM

Is it possible for NEM to launch sooner than the 25th if everything is ready before that date?

Just so there is no confusion:
06/25 is the public alpha, not the real launch of NEM. This is a testnet system for everyone to help us test and get the system stable with large numbers of users.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:58:33 AM

The stench of hypocrisy is strongest in the nostrils of the fallen one. UP put a lot of effort into NEM, and NXT before that, but in the end he turned out to be a greedy hypocrite, but he must be feeling shit now, and his loss is large.

If you read this utopianfuture, fuck you hypocrite, but I feel sorry for your loss. Good luck with what comes next in your life, but I hope you don't try and come back to NEM using a new account! NEM is stronger now you're gone.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
vivalinux

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

I'm still here, supporting NEM.

I think NEM will have a bright future.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:00:35 PM

http://nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=17361503081169015522&switch=200

Again, I don't want UP to removed. He did a lot of work. I think the success just got to his head.  He had no business bashing Simcoin.  NxtChg wrote 3 versions of RS format (C++, Javascript, and PHP) that I saw myself as I wanted someone to convert it to Java so Nxt core can implement it.  I know that guy is pretty talented programmer

Everyone likes trollin' sometimes Wink

Even if he did sell it, it is only 1 stake. As you said, UP did a lot of work and has paid some actual, real money to help move NEM forward.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:01:09 PM

Maybe the stake would have been used for bounties or other development or marketing

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: