Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:25:37 PM

Can I ask really stupid Delegate questions?

Do I need to be running things on MY OWN GEAR to run a delegate? Or, can I just set something up remotely and then call it a day? Just pay month to month and let the delegate run itself and have perfect uptime as long as it's good gear and always paid on time?

Sorry for these absurdly stupid questions, but I don't know anything about nodes and delegates. However, I AM willing to pay the month to month costs to run something out of the USA and keep it online 100% of the time (if this is only a cost related issue). I am moving around a lot this year and CANNOT run gear from my own home in a reliable way this year - so, if this is something that is needed to be done locally, then I will pass on this!

Thanks to whomever helps out answering these silly questions.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 10:26:02 PM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

The Crypti Foundation is taking every form of feedback very serious. Last week you all criticized the fee structure for a delegate registration, therefore we discussed it internally and decided to lower it. We don't want to create a fictional barrier for users, who want to help secure the network. This is why we lowered the delegate registration fee to 100 XCR (from 10,000 XCR before). Additionally we don't want to hinder people from making their accounts more secure, that's why we also lowered the 2nd passphrase initialization fee to 5 XCR (from 100 XCR before).

Important

This release took a bit longer, because we introduce a new system for updates. This system allows the client to activate the updates at a specific block height. Before this specific block height all fees will remain the same like before! But once it's passed the fees are automatically updated. Other cryptocurrencies are already doing it like that.

We decided to use the block height of 114,000! It's roughly in two days.

We are looking for additional active members becoming an active delegate, in order to accelerate this we have lowered the fees. If you register a delegate and have a node actively running, please promote it in our Delegates Section on our Official Crypti Forum!

Delegates by community members

Some community members already registered for being a delegate. The Crypti Foundation will reimburse the outstanding 9,900 XCR! Please send me a private message on our Official Crypti Forum with your delegate name and Crypti address, in which you want to receive your XCR. It's important that you send me the private message from the account, from which you promoted your delegate. Everyone who register a delegate between now and block 114,000 will not be reimbursed the 9,900 XCR.

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

Passion_ltc, is this a mandatory update? Do all existing delegates have to update to this new version before block 114 000? Just want to make sure, if it is a mandatory update, please make it more visible so that everyone updates ASAP.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 10:40:26 PM

This is a mandatory update for all delegates. Any delegate choosing not to update would be on a separate fork and would be missing blocks in the main fork (Assuming the larger fork is the updated one). We recommend all delegates update asap.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:06:40 PM

I've got a server on Vultr. Do you have a guide for dummies of how to set a node?

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:52:32 PM

Do I need to be running things on MY OWN GEAR to run a delegate? Or, can I just set something up remotely and then call it a day? Just pay month to month and let the delegate run itself and have perfect uptime as long as it's good gear and always paid on time?

Sorry for these absurdly stupid questions, but I don't know anything about nodes and delegates. However, I AM willing to pay the month to month costs to run something out of the USA and keep it online 100% of the time (if this is only a cost related issue). I am moving around a lot this year and CANNOT run gear from my own home in a reliable way this year - so, if this is something that is needed to be done locally, then I will pass on this!

It is not a dumb question.... I started my delegate on my GPU miner.  It was only getting 50% hits on forging.  We had other problems with windows machines from other delegates.  We determined that lag time to delegates that were far from the internet backbone was too great for the 10 second blocks.  We have also determined that the time sync on windows machines is not accurate enough. 

SO, I moved my delegate to a cloud server.  Has almost 100% uptime since then.   I suggest you host your delegate on one of the $5 a month cloud services.

Perhaps Eric will post a "how to" on setting up a Vultr account.

Mandy1749

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:06:49 AM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

The Crypti Foundation is taking every form of feedback very serious. Last week you all criticized the fee structure for a delegate registration, therefore we discussed it internally and decided to lower it. We don't want to create a fictional barrier for users, who want to help secure the network. This is why we lowered the delegate registration fee to 100 XCR (from 10,000 XCR before). Additionally we don't want to hinder people from making their accounts more secure, that's why we also lowered the 2nd passphrase initialization fee to 5 XCR (from 100 XCR before).

Important

This release took a bit longer, because we introduce a new system for updates. This system allows the client to activate the updates at a specific block height. Before this specific block height all fees will remain the same like before! But once it's passed the fees are automatically updated. Other cryptocurrencies are already doing it like that.

We are looking for additional active members becoming an active delegate, in order to accelerate this we have lowered the fees. If you register a delegate and have a node actively running, please promote it in our Delegates Section on our Official Crypti Forum!

Some community members already registered for being a delegate. The Crypti Foundation will reimburse the outstanding 9,900 XCR! Please send me a private message on our Official Crypti Forum with your delegate name and Crypti address, in which you want to receive your XCR. It's important that you send me the private message from the account, from which you promoted your delegate. Everyone who register a delegate between now and block 114,000 will not be reimbursed the 9,900 XCR.

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

i click "Compose Messages" to send the messages
but it give me this: We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
my user name is luizchen
my Delegate account is Luiz
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:59:22 AM

I too would like to register a delegate and set up a node remotely, and would benefit greatly from a guide on how to set one up on DO or similar.

Are these guides still relevant after the update?
https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/DOnode.md
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_set_up_a_crypti_node_for_free_using_aws
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 03:22:56 AM

It is not a dumb question.... I started my delegate on my GPU miner.  It was only getting 50% hits on forging.  We had other problems with windows machines from other delegates.  We determined that lag time to delegates that were far from the internet backbone was too great for the 10 second blocks.  We have also determined that the time sync on windows machines is not accurate enough. 

SO, I moved my delegate to a cloud server.  Has almost 100% uptime since then.   I suggest you host your delegate on one of the $5 a month cloud services.

Perhaps Eric will post a "how to" on setting up a Vultr account.

Yes the Vultr guide has been on my list of things to do... I have been very busy working on things yet to come.. let me pick-up an energy drink and I will crank out this guide for you.. then I will post the link here when its done..

I too would like to register a delegate and set up a node remotely, and would benefit greatly from a guide on how to set one up on DO or similar.

Are these guides still relevant after the update?
https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/DOnode.md
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_set_up_a_crypti_node_for_free_using_aws

Yes the DO guide is still relevant.. I just updated the Linux install guide as well to reflect the 0.2.0a update

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 06:20:41 AM

Ok here it is the Vultr Guide... Note I have used the same SSH/Putty YouTube as the DO guide.. This is bc the Process is almost the same...

https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/VultrNode.md

Me know if you run into any trouble wall deploying your node.

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:52:28 AM

Added the following guides from Eric:

Crypti Lite Installation on Windows
Setting up Your Crypti Node on Vultr using Windows

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:33:38 AM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

Important

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

but it give me this: We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
my user name is luizchen

http://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=67&p=201#p201

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:45:56 AM

It sounds like a server should have Windows, although it has Ubuntu Server 14.04 x64.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:13:36 AM

It sounds like a server should have Windows, although it has Ubuntu Server 14.04 x64.

Your home OS should be Windows, while the server at Vultr uses Linux. This guide explains how you access your Linux node on Vultr with SSH using PuTTY, which is for Windows. Smiley

Mandy1749

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:48:15 AM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

Important

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

my user name is luizchen

http://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=67&p=201#p201

Thanks ,i have sent the messages.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:09:19 PM

Please send me a private message on our Official Crypti Forum with your delegate name and Crypti address, in which you want to receive your XCR. It's important that you send me the private message from the account, from which you promoted your delegate.
Send message to who? Huh
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:44:30 PM

Please send me a private message on our Official Crypti Forum with your delegate name and Crypti address, in which you want to receive your XCR. It's important that you send me the private message from the account, from which you promoted your delegate.
Send message to who? Huh

Max

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:08:07 PM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

Important

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:08:30 PM

Active delegates, please update your node to the latest 0.2.0a version! Thank you. Smiley

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:07:17 PM

My node is running in LA, waiting for the block 114K to register a delegate.

karmacoma24

Activity: 178

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 08:58:44 PM

Version 0.3.4

Attention all Delegates!

New Delegate Monitor page! On-line now at:

http://cryptichain.me/delegateMonitor

For an extensive breakdown of the changes in this release please see:

https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptichain/releases/tag/0.3.4

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: