Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:33:09 PM

i have a few questions about delegates and DPOS

Only the first 101 delegates are harvesting ? Average joe can't forge sheet ?

The 10 000 xcr fees for delegate registration are distributed to the 101 ? Why can't we just lock 10 000 and unlock them instead after a while Huh

As it is, it just looks like a ponzi/pyramid scheme/gifting circle  Smiley You pay to get in, money goes to the top and so on  Smiley

Hello luckygenouogh56,

yes, only the first 101 delegates (also called top 101 or top delegates) are harvesting/forging. The other ones are continuously striving to make their nodes better, so the community vote for them. This adds a social security layer to the consensus mechanism, just like Bitshares does it.

Average joe need to provide a better service and node than the top 101 to get voted for. He also need to be a valuable and trustworthy member of the community. Only this way he will get enough votes.

The delegate fee is 100 XCR, we changed it recently. Can you tell me, where you read 10,000 XCR? So we can change it, maybe we forgot a place to update. The 100 XCR is a fee just like the fee when you send money. It gets distributed equally(!) to the 101 delegates, yes.

I agree that it looks a bit strange at the beginning, the foundation gets all the fees. However, you have to see the big picture. Once the most delegates are provided by the community, it will be a fair system. It's the chicken-egg problem, same "isn't it unfair that satoshi mined the first bitcoin block?".

Also, we currently have a few plans to get more community members involved. You will hear more regarding this matter soon.

I hope this answers your questions, just ask. Smiley

it was on the on the new UI testnet :

glad to hear it is a mistake. Thanks for your answer Smiley

Thanks, will be changed. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malibusparky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:20:15 PM

@Grexx

I don't think Wulfcastle's post was aggressive at all, but yours definitely is.

Then you aren't reading it correctly. I've known Wulf a while now, he's upset and demanding a response because he put a lot of work into his reply and feels he's right. My point is that you shouldn't expect an immediate response or always expect a positive one. We are a Dev team working on a legitimate top tier technology and have a lot of moving parts.

Btw, I never said mine wasn't aggressive.

We are community focused and we listen, but don't think that gives you guys the right to make demands or come at us wrong. Many of our team members are doing this for pennies on the dollar and spending a lot of hours away from our families to make this happen for all of us. Try to be respectful.

To me Sparky_eMunie has reading comprehension problem. If you follow this thread wulf is very naggy and impatient. He says the community
has spoken haha. He is the only one who gave suggestion and demands devs to make the changes the "community" suggest. Okaaaaaaaaay.
We crypti need all community to stick together. Wulf has talent obv just his personality is like a wife. Grexx tried to calm him down.
Community is not always right like devs are not always right. Lets love each other with slow music.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:54:07 PM

Lets love each other with slow music.

I recommend Hearts Of Space - they've done a weekly hour-long show for three decades.

"Slow music for fast times".

https://www.hos.com/
Malibusparky

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:14:10 PM

Finally you said "people have lives", and this is where I take offence. You say this as if we (or specifically me in this case) don't have lives ourselves, or that our lives are somehow inferior to yours, that the time in our lives are somehow less valuable than yours. Did it not cross your mind that I too also took time out of my life, time that I could be doing countless other things with family members or whomever else to post feedback? Please don't act like you know me, or that you know who I am. You have no idea what other people are going through in their lives, so don't make assumptions or judgments on something like this EVER especially over the internet, where most often you know nothing about the person you are talking to.

It is obvious to everyone but you he meant the dev team have lives and can't analyze and respond to wulf's detailed criticisms within 2 days when design is kinda mid to low on priority list. If they didn't have lives then they would be sitting waiting for your criticism post and push everything aside to answer you as quickly as possible. Because they have lives they would probably have gotten around to addressing your post in a week. But you blew your top because you got no response after like 2 days! Typical wulf impatience.
Malibusparky

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:22:49 PM

Btw Wulf, are you here to help or to dictate?
You don't take criticism well but seem to like to dish it out. I am no expert on design so I can't comment. But I'm sure between the crypti team
and yourself you guys will improve what is improvable. I'm thankful for crypti we have a design expert like you here but that doesn't mean
they have to listen to you. Just be patient, the design discussion you want will happen and you can have fun proving your points just be patient please.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 06:56:07 PM

Btw, for everyone's reference, the other major project I am working on is the first major dapp to be featured for the crypti platform. It will be a game, it will utilize multiple custom block chains and smart contracts, and it will be for mobile platforms at first. We won't open source the game itself but we will open source and release the smart contracts as well as hopefully a small documentary style video series on how we built it and incorporated the technology for others hoping to do the same as well as to show off what crypti is capable of. We have been pushing hard on it and think it will be a great first example of what is possible and highlight some of the benefits of using crypti as a platform.

Eric, Karma and I are the core team behind the development studio we are launching to produce and release it as well as future dapps.

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:31:35 PM

Just curious, no pressure, what's the updated expected ETA on the white paper?
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 07:39:23 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 09:15:28 PM by crypti

We almost finished it, i think we will publish it in one-two weeks.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:12:45 PM

Hey guys,

we will postpone the weekly blog post to tomorrow. We will cover the status of current developments like open beta, beta client release, progress of the testing, whitepaper release and so on. Smiley

On another node: today we pushed an update to the beta client and the testnet blockchain started from 0. Many things got fixed in the backend and a few on the frontend. So, if you had some testnet XCR, they are no longer. Just PM me if you want new ones.

Thanks. Smiley

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:05:41 PM

Boris has been writing some of it every day for two weeks.  My job is to correct his grammer.  Yesterday, the topics were about half completed. 

bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:49:31 AM

You correct his grammer? What about spelling? : ))

Boris has been writing some of it every day for two weeks.  My job is to correct his grammer.  Yesterday, the topics were about half completed. 

Mandy1749

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:53:25 AM

Btw, for everyone's reference, the other major project I am working on is the first major dapp to be featured for the crypti platform. It will be a game, it will utilize multiple custom block chains and smart contracts, and it will be for mobile platforms at first. We won't open source the game itself but we will open source and release the smart contracts as well as hopefully a small documentary style video series on how we built it and incorporated the technology for others hoping to do the same as well as to show off what crypti is capable of. We have been pushing hard on it and think it will be a great first example of what is possible and highlight some of the benefits of using crypti as a platform.

Eric, Karma and I are the core team behind the development studio we are launching to produce and release it as well as future dapps.

here is my translation for chinese.i am not a Professional translater , but i think this would be a 90% correct one.

顺便告诉大家的是,另外一个我目前正在跟进的大项目就是将被推荐为Crypti 平台的第一个主要DAPP,它将是一个游戏,它将会利用多个自定义块链,和智能合约,它将主要为移动平台打造,我们将不会对游戏进行开源,但我们将会对智能合约部分进行开源,并且将会 发布一系列视频关于如何构建DAPP,以及展示给大家Crypti可以做什么!我们一直在努力推进,并且我们认为这将是一次非凡的实例告诉大家Crypti能做什么,使用Crypti的平台能给你带来什么好处。

Eric,Karma 和我是目前开发团队的核心成员,也是未来DAPP研发团队的核心。

that sounds great that the first DAPP is coming!
Litoshi

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:15:44 AM

Actually, Boris's spelling is pretty good, but remember, the Google DOC has spellcheck.  English is a hard language to get the grammer right.  The main mistake is that English and the european languages use "the" and "a" and "an", which Cryllic and Asian languages do not.  Also, English has the verb in the middle of the sentence, after the subject, whereas, most other languages have the verb at the end of the sentence.  So verbs get misplaced by non-native speakers. 

Overall, though, Boris's English is above average. 

Litoshi

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:18:08 AM

here is my translation for chinese.i am not a Professional translater , but i think this would be a 90% correct one.

顺便告诉大家的是,另外一个我目前正在跟进的大项目就是将被推荐为Crypti 平台的第一个主要DAPP,它将是一个游戏,它将会利用多个自定义块链,和智能合约,它将主要为移动平台打造,我们将不会对游戏进行开源,但我们将会对智能合约部分进行开源,并且将会 发布一系列视频关于如何构建DAPP,以及展示给大家Crypti可以做什么!我们一直在努力推进,并且我们认为这将是一次非凡的实例告诉大家Crypti能做什么,使用Crypti的平台能给你带来什么好处。

I assume this is Mandarin?  Cantonese, the Hong Kong dialect, is also widely spoken on the net.

Mandy1749

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:32:14 AM

I assume this is Mandarin?  Cantonese, the Hong Kong dialect, is also widely spoken on the net.

yes this is Mandarin.Chinese Simplified
most of chinese including hong kong do know the reading.

and here is the Chinese Traditional

順便告訴大家的是,另外一個我目前正在跟進的大項目就是將被推薦為Crypti平台的第一个主要DAPP,它将是一个游戏,它将会利用多个自定义块链,和智能合约,它将主要为移动平台打造,我们将不会对游戏进行开源,但我们将会对智能合约部分进行开源,并且将会发布一系列视频关于如何构建DAPP,以及展示给大家Crypti可以做什么!我们一直在努力推进,并且我们认为这将是一次非凡的实例告诉大家Crypti能做什么,使用Crypti的平台能给你带来什么好处。

Eric,Karma 和我是目前開發團隊的核心成員,也是未來DAPP研發團隊的核心。

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:48:20 AM

Boris has been writing some of it every day for two weeks.  My job is to correct his grammer.  Yesterday, the topics were about half completed.  

Actually, Boris's spelling is pretty good, but remember, the Google DOC has spellcheck.  English is a hard language to get the grammer right.  The main mistake is that English and the european languages use "the" and "a" and "an", which Cryllic and Asian languages do not.  Also, English has the verb in the middle of the sentence, after the subject, whereas, most other languages have the verb at the end of the sentence.  So verbs get misplaced by non-native speakers.  

Just so we are all on the same page here, you do realize that it's spelled "grammar" and not "grammer", right?  You've spelled it wrong twice, now, which is the source of increasing humor to others given the context....

Just sayin'.  As an aside, I said "chester drawers" instead of "chest of drawers" until I was finally told otherwise in my 30s.  Who knew?

I agree English is a difficult language but "the", "a", and "an" are its greatest inventions and simplification.  Every other romance language like French, Spanish, Italian, etc has kept gendered nouns, which English (thankfully) lost in the Middle Ages.    I absolutely HATED trying to remember which nouns were masculine / "le" and which were feminine / "la" when I tried to learn French.  What a stupid system.  

http://blog.dictionary.com/oldenglishgender/

I am positive that Boris's English is much much much better than my Russian.  All three words of it.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:02:04 PM

Actually, Boris's spelling is pretty good, but remember, the Google DOC has spellcheck.  English is a hard language to get the grammer right.  The main mistake is that English and the european languages use "the" and "a" and "an", which Cryllic and Asian languages do not.  Also, English has the verb in the middle of the sentence, after the subject, whereas, most other languages have the verb at the end of the sentence.  So verbs get misplaced by non-native speakers. 

Just so we are all on the same page here, you do realize that it's spelled "grammar" and not "grammer", right?  You've spelled it wrong twice, now, which is the source of increasing humor to others given the context....

Just sayin'.  As an aside, I said "chester drawers" instead of "chest of drawers" until I was finally told otherwise in my 30s.  Who knew?

I agree English is a difficult language but "the", "a", and "an" are its greatest inventions and simplification.  Every other romance language like French, Spanish, Italian, etc has kept gendered nouns, which English (thankfully) lost in the Middle Ages.    I absolutely HATED trying to remember which nouns were masculine / "le" and which were feminine / "la" when I tried to learn French.  What a stupid system. 

http://blog.dictionary.com/oldenglishgender/

I am positive that Boris's English is much much much better than my Russian.  All three words of it.

Yea, I see many students who struggle at the "der, die, das" in German. If it's not your mother language, you probably never learn it 100%.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:20:09 PM

Corona Partnership

Hey guys,

some of you might already saw that the Corona fundraising was stopped. Unfortunately they couldn't continue their business due to legal uncertainties. Therefore our partnership comes to an end today.

The Crypti Foundation wishes them the best success possible and we hope that they will continue innovating the dapps space.

For more information visit their BTT thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1005343.0

Thanks.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:52:51 PM

Status Report - 5th June, 2015

Hello Community Members,

With this status report we want to bring a bit of light to the current developments. We hope that this makes our efforts and vision more clear to you.

Read the full blog post

andyge

Activity: 509
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:53:37 PM

Status Report - 5th June, 2015

Hello Community Members,

With this status report we want to bring a bit of light to the current developments. We hope that this makes our efforts and vision more clear to you.

Read the full blog post

I hope XCR is getting better and better
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: