Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 07:40:12 PM

First Video Preview of our Decentralized Applications Platform and Sia Decentralized Storage

Hello Community,

We are very excited to show you the first preview of our forthcoming Decentralized Application (Dapp) platform. For this special moment we have prepared a YouTube video, which guides you through the necessary steps to deploy and launch your dapp onto Crypti's Dapp Store.

Please note that the user interface is an early version and will go through several quality assurance cycles before we release it.

Click here, to watch the video.

Continue reading on our blog..

Are there any choices for app hosting other than Sia and GitHub? It is strange to me that we can not use Crypti blockchain for that purpose.  Huh

The first release with dapp functionalities won't have other storage solutions. When time passes we will add several other choices, centralized and decentralized. There are many alternatives available and we will implement them one-by-one.

Why is it strange to you that we won't make the Crypti blockchain available? Crypti is not a storage solution, it's a decentralized applications platform. Also we are not Ethereum, we will not pollute our main chain with arbitrary data. This is our huge difference to Ethereum. Smiley

At Ethereum everything is on the main chain, this will make the blockchain very big with the time and the gas-price for contract computation very expensive. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Wink) At Crypti, every dapp is running on its own side chain. That means, there can be 100,000 dapps running on Crypti without a problem.

@Passion_ltc would it not be better to create a side-chain or multiple side-chains on the Crypti network, purely to store DApps? It great to have a partnership with Sia, but IMHO it would be better to store everything on the Crypti network, that way you are not reliant on other networks and developers with the storage of important data. If there is a problem with the Sia network, then we are fully reliant on Sia's developers to solve the problem and ensure our data is safe, and as a potential DApp developer that doesn't instill much confidence.

The major difference between Ethereum and Crypti is that for developers Ethereum looks the more attractive option as everything is stored and executed from the same network. The problem with Ethereum is that EVERYTHING is stored on the same chain, Ethereum doesn't have side chains (please correct me if I'm wrong), whereas Crypti does. Therefore Crypti has a major advantage there. If you can store Crypti's DApps on a sidechain or multiple sidechains without the need of a third-party network to handle the storage needs, you will have a HUGE advantage over Ethereum.

Also on a side note, since Ethereum's roller coaster trading run over the last week (something akin to the major pump and dumps of the past years) has got massive coverage on media outlets from TechCrunch to CoinTelegraph, you can expect a major influx of investors looking for similar coins to invest in, and you can expect a lot of new "2.0 coins" popping up on the aftermath of Ethereum's release. So if you guys can complete the DApps platform within the next month or two and start marketing in that time, you will see a major increase in our community size and trading volumes.

Ethereum is about another year from full release, if Crypti can launch DApps and Sidechains within that time, with the proper marketing you can easily steal a lot of Ethereum's market share.

Hey Wulfcastle,

welcome back! Smiley

I will discuss this with Boris the coming days. Principally it should be possible to create a dapp, which lets you store other dapps. But there are a few problems, e.g. where is this dapp .zip package stored. Also I think there are a few problems to store such big single files (500kb) in the side chain. I will come back to you regarding this matter.

Just a reminder, as it may create confusion to the others. We are talking about the storage solution for the dapp .zip package. From where you pull it, when you install it. Smiley The actual dapp will later be on your node and doesn't need to connect to SIA all the time when you launch it. Only when you install it (what will happen once). The data of the dapp will be on its sidechain, secured by its master nodes.

I think community developers can take this idea and make dapp for it. Then we can add it to our dappstore as one of storage method.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:54:31 PM

It sounds like things are coming along. Keep up the good work everyone!

Avalanche is a must own
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:56:55 PM

First Video Preview of our Decentralized Applications Platform and Sia Decentralized Storage

Hello Community,

We are very excited to show you the first preview of our forthcoming Decentralized Application (Dapp) platform. For this special moment we have prepared a YouTube video, which guides you through the necessary steps to deploy and launch your dapp onto Crypti's Dapp Store.

Please note that the user interface is an early version and will go through several quality assurance cycles before we release it.

Are there any choices for app hosting other than Sia and GitHub? It is strange to me that we can not use Crypti blockchain for that purpose.  Huh

The first release with dapp functionalities won't have other storage solutions. When time passes we will add several other choices, centralized and decentralized. There are many alternatives available and we will implement them one-by-one.

Why is it strange to you that we won't make the Crypti blockchain available? Crypti is not a storage solution, it's a decentralized applications platform. Also we are not Ethereum, we will not pollute our main chain with arbitrary data. This is our huge difference to Ethereum. Smiley

At Ethereum everything is on the main chain, this will make the blockchain very big with the time and the gas-price for contract computation very expensive. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Wink) At Crypti, every dapp is running on its own side chain. That means, there can be 100,000 dapps running on Crypti without a problem.

@Passion_ltc would it not be better to create a side-chain or multiple side-chains on the Crypti network, purely to store DApps? It great to have a partnership with Sia, but IMHO it would be better to store everything on the Crypti network, that way you are not reliant on other networks and developers with the storage of important data. If there is a problem with the Sia network, then we are fully reliant on Sia's developers to solve the problem and ensure our data is safe, and as a potential DApp developer that doesn't instill much confidence.

The major difference between Ethereum and Crypti is that for developers Ethereum looks the more attractive option as everything is stored and executed from the same network. The problem with Ethereum is that EVERYTHING is stored on the same chain, Ethereum doesn't have side chains (please correct me if I'm wrong), whereas Crypti does. Therefore Crypti has a major advantage there. If you can store Crypti's DApps on a sidechain or multiple sidechains without the need of a third-party network to handle the storage needs, you will have a HUGE advantage over Ethereum.

Also on a side note, since Ethereum's roller coaster trading run over the last week (something akin to the major pump and dumps of the past years) has got massive coverage on media outlets from TechCrunch to CoinTelegraph, you can expect a major influx of investors looking for similar coins to invest in, and you can expect a lot of new "2.0 coins" popping up on the aftermath of Ethereum's release. So if you guys can complete the DApps platform within the next month or two and start marketing in that time, you will see a major increase in our community size and trading volumes.

Ethereum is about another year from full release, if Crypti can launch DApps and Sidechains within that time, with the proper marketing you can easily steal a lot of Ethereum's market share.

Developers will concentrate on building apps for Ethereum regardless of the storage options. Ethereum has more volume/huge community and thus higher possibility of making money from the apps. It would be great if we can pull some devs to work on the Crypti DAPPs platform and build a couple of apps. If you think about why would developers make an app, one of the first things that comes to mind is they want to generate income. Right now Crypti is lacking in volume and community hence no income. I do agree that people will start looking for the next "Ethereum", the next pumped coin following Ethereums roller coaster market cap rise. Crypti just might be it, and this would increase the community exponentially. Even though it will get pumped and dumped (like every other coin we've seen so far), we will gain valuable community members and exposure to the media. Once we're there, it's only a matter of doing things right and persevere throughout. Ethereum has been marketing hype all this time, we could do the same when v0.4.0 comes out.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:42:45 AM

Hello Community,

Developers will concentrate on building apps for Ethereum regardless of the storage options. Ethereum has more volume/huge community and thus higher possibility of making money from the apps. It would be great if we can pull some devs to work on the Crypti DAPPs platform and build a couple of apps. If you think about why would developers make an app, one of the first things that comes to mind is they want to generate income. Right now Crypti is lacking in volume and community hence no income. I do agree that people will start looking for the next "Ethereum", the next pumped coin following Ethereums roller coaster market cap rise. Crypti just might be it, and this would increase the community exponentially. Even though it will get pumped and dumped (like every other coin we've seen so far), we will gain valuable community members and exposure to the media. Once we're there, it's only a matter of doing things right and persevere throughout. Ethereum has been marketing hype all this time, we could do the same when v0.4.0 comes out.

As soon as the basic version is ready we will implement side chains on Bitcoin consensus. This will allow dapps to run on Bitcoin (after a registration on Crypti). Nevertheless, even before that the dapps can support BTC as a token already.

I think Bitcoin has a bigger community than Ethereum. Wink

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:02:25 AM

If you haven't seen it yet. We can have hope again to see #crypti on @cryptsy soon working again! twitter.com/cryptsywallets… @CryptsyWallets

Please retweet. https://twitter.com/MaxKordek/status/633170736375558144

Huge price spike for #crypti at @Poloniex and @btercom. It looks like the world finally see how awesome Crypti is! pic.twitter.com/OwBOMgnHfs

Please retweet. https://twitter.com/MaxKordek/status/633169895958675456

#ethereum alternative #crypti has the biggest growth in the last 24h of all cryptocurrencies. #dapps #smartcontracts http://t.co/Tk6Xmxod2r

Please retweet. https://twitter.com/maxkordek/status/633173452430643201

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:08:16 PM

Hey guys, we want to get added to ShapeShift. This will bring us a big public presence and will be a great tool to use in Crypti's dapps.

Please send them a request, if you would like to see Crypti there.

https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203742971-How-do-I-get-a-coin-added-

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:42:04 PM

If you haven't seen it yet. We can have hope again to see #crypti on @cryptsy soon working again! twitter.com/cryptsywallets… @CryptsyWallets

Ohh, finaly ... thanks to whoever managed to persuade Cryptsy to check XCR wallet.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:06:38 AM

Ohh, finaly ... thanks to whoever managed to persuade Cryptsy to check XCR wallet.
Let's hope they stand to their words. Roll Eyes

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:48:48 PM

As a test I sent two deposits of 30 and 10 XCR to Polo yesterday.  Neither one shows in my balance there.  The XCR block chain does show them, so the problem is internal to Polo.

Be aware of this.  If you need to send to Polo, or any exchange, always send a small amount first to test the system, before sending a larger amount.

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:08:36 PM

If you need to send to Polo, or any exchange, always send a small amount first to test the system, before sending a larger amount.

Excellent advice.  In other exchange news, Bter moved 3M XCR from their cold wallet to their hot wallet (almost 18% of their cold wallet reservoir), and 1.5M of THAT went from the hot wallet back on the XCR blockchain to individual users.  And more specifically, apparently NOT into Polo.

So Crypti available supply on the exchanges is falling.  And... the price of XCR is headed up???
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:43:54 PM

Support our Designer

Hey guys,

our designer made a huge preview of our website and client design. He does that to expand his own portfolio in order to get more work offers. We believe that he did a great job, therefore we want to support him.

So please like his preview on Behance and share it if possible. Smiley

Go to the Behance Preview

Thanks! Smiley

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:37:48 PM

Support our Designer

Hey guys,

our designer made a huge preview of our website and client design. He does that to expand his own portfolio in order to get more work offers. We believe that he did a great job, therefore we want to support him.

Thanks! Smiley

@Passion_ltc

Please don't say that this means that he's completed work on Crypti. If he has please try and keep him on board with your team. You don't want to have to find another designer at this point in time, right before major client releases. Plus while I did disagree with some points on the UI Design, as a whole the UI he has designed is largely impressive, please do whatever you can to keep him.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:41:59 PM

Support our Designer

Hey guys,

Thanks! Smiley

@Passion_ltc

Please don't say that this means that he's completed work on Crypti. If he has please try and keep him on board with your team. You don't want to have to find another designer at this point in time, right before major client releases. Plus while I did disagree with some points on the UI Design, as a whole the UI he has designed is largely impressive, please do whatever you can to keep him.

Don't worry. He's still with us. Wink

I just promised him to share it. It's free promotion for us anyway. He isn't full time Crypti, giving him enough time to pursue other projects. Smiley

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:30:10 AM

Crypti Lite wallet lacks any notification on received transaction, can that be added to it? Also it would be useful to have "Hide empty blocks" option at Blockchain menu so we don't have to use online blockchain explorer to quicky check recent transactions.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:23:37 PM

Crypti Lite wallet lacks any notification on received transaction, can that be added to it? Also it would be useful to have "Hide empty blocks" option at Blockchain menu so we don't have to use online blockchain explorer to quicky check recent transactions.

A notification center is planned. We have our hands full with the dapps right now. This will definitely come, but will probably have to wait for the next release. The "hide empty blocks" option is a great idea. I will see what I can do, because that shouldn't take so long. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:44:54 PM

The weekly blog post will be posted tomorrow. Smiley

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:27:16 PM

The weekly blog post will be posted tomorrow. Smiley
Okay, thanks for the update. Hopefully some more good news Smiley

Avalanche is a must own
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:00:35 AM

Recently I've noticed the wallet.crypti.me website slowing down. It usually loaded fast but now it is taking quite awhile for it to load. To be assured of my concerns, I opened my delegates wallet in a separate window simultaneously with wallet.crypti.me and to my surprise my delegates server wallet loaded faster.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:50:33 AM

Recently I've noticed the wallet.crypti.me website slowing down. It usually loaded fast but now it is taking quite awhile for it to load. To be assured of my concerns, I opened my delegates wallet in a separate window simultaneously with wallet.crypti.me and to my surprise my delegates server wallet loaded faster.

Yes, this is the case because many are accessing this wallet. It gets slower with time then as well.

We already have a fix for this. We will rely on the lite client crypti.js library in the future. We will make the transition with the next big update. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:53:31 AM

As a test I sent two deposits of 30 and 10 XCR to Polo yesterday.  Neither one shows in my balance there.  The XCR block chain does show them, so the problem is internal to Polo.

Be aware of this.  If you need to send to Polo, or any exchange, always send a small amount first to test the system, before sending a larger amount.

Working again. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: