Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2018, 08:44:10 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 [1854] 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2818276 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 910
Merit: 506

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:07:10 AM

BTC hit $20K at the end of last year so it's certainly possible. I would take these predictions with a grain of salt. It is likely that more people will be getting involved in cryptocurrencies, but there's no guarantee it will be BTC. BTC is actually clunky and hard to use in comparison to other coins out there. The key for NEM or any coin is to figure out what it's going to take for the uninitiated to start using your coin, and then deliver. Whichever project manages to do that first will be sitting mighty pretty.

It's all about what gives a coin value. BTC's value isn't derived from it being easy to use. It is derived from its censorship resistant transfer of value and huge developer community working on the core protocols. The trick is to figure this out for NEM and push that forward.

I believe all the block chain projects are censorship resistant by virtue of the immutability of the block chain and the fact that it's stored on multiple computers, so that is not unique to BTC. But the huge developer community working on value added infrastructure is a very good point, and for now BTC definitely has the edge. I think NEM could be a contender once they have Catapult working for enterprises on more than a pilot basis.
Just because something runs on multiple computers, doesn't make it censorship resistant. It is all in a matter of degree. A powerful enough adversary could easily censor transactions on most blockchains. On that scale, BTC ranks higher than most. NEM is fairly good in its own way given the wide distribution, which means less concentrated control.

For the developer community, the key is building on top of the infrastructure layer. Catapult might help, only time will tell.

I have to agree here, NEM has a good and solid base with the broad distribution and the very well working chain. But BTC is the symbol for virtual cryptocurrencies, that's what everybody has heard of and what everybody connects to the crypto space. It will get hard to dethrone BTC, but in my eyes it´s really not necessary at all

R
         ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████▀███████████
  ████████▀▀     ▀▀████████
 ████████           ████████
▐███████             ███████▌
  ████████▄▄     ▄▄████████
   ███████████▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀███████▀▀
MAD              ▒█████▒
       ██████  ░░░██████
  █████░░░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░█████
 ██░  ░░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░░░ ██ ██
 ██ ░░░  ░░░ █████ ░░░ ██░  ██
 ██░░  ░█▄  ░▀███▀░░ ██░░  ░██
 ██  ░░░ ▀█▄█▄▄ ▄▄███░  ░░░██
 ██▒░░  ░░░████░███░  ░░░ ▒██
  ██  ░░▄█████████████▄░  ░██
  ██░░░█▀░░████░████░░▀█░░░██
   ██  ░░▄█████ ███▀█▄░░░ ██
    ██░▄███░░ █░█░  ░▀█▄ ██
     ████░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░██
      ████ ░░░  ░░░  ░███
        ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[] FACEBOOK
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 770
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:47:07 PM

Is it necessary to store the XEM in the Mint Wallet or can I let them into my NEM Nano wallet? I am little bit confused about storing it in a wallet which does not necessarily seem secure. Any experience with the wallet yet?

Hi. The NEM Nano Wallet is secured. You just need to keep you Backup Wallet (.WLT file) and Private Key secured, usually on an external USB within a weather-proof safe with combo and key. (LOL....maybe not that secured, but you get the picture.)

Here is a video I created to create a "simple wallet" on the NEM Nano Wallet desktop client. After you create your own personal wallet on the desktop client, and find your NEM address...you can then transfer XEM from a crypto exchange to your personal wallet for safe-keeping and/or use. You can buy things with XEM at participating stores in Japan, Australia, and more to come.

However, I do not know what a "MINT WALLET" is? Is that a wallet on a specific crypto exchange, that can hold NEM mosaics like XEM?

Hope my video helps: https://youtu.be/U_i2_3w1YTY

To get the airdrop being discussed I think you have to deposit your precious XEM into the Mint wallet, which for anything larger than pocket change sounds like a really bad idea. Some airdrop based on creating a wallet with a minimum balance and signing a message from cold storage wallet on a trezor seems much better, then users are protected, and the Mint wallet gets some new user promotion.

Thanks, do you have any experience if the ChronoMint wallet is save? I have a good amount of XEM in my nano wallet and do not want needlessly move them to another wallet which seems not quite save. It seems somehow unprofessional of Chronobank not to let people sign a address or something similar to participate on the airdrop.

████ ████ ████████████▄▄▄               
█  █ █  █ ██          ▀▀▀▀██▄▄         
████ ████ ██████████▄▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄       
██   ██           ▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄     
██   ██  █████████▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄   ▀█▄   
██   ██  ██      ▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄   █▌   
██   ██  ██            ▀▀█▄  ▀█▌   █▌ 
██   ██  ██   ██████▄▄    ██  ▐█    █ 
██   ██  ██   ██   ▀▀▀█▌   █▌  ▐▌   █▌
██   ██  ██   ██      ▐█   ▐█   █   ▐█
██   ██  ██   ██       █▌   █▌  █   ▐█▌
██   ██  ███████      ▐█   ▐█  ▐█   ▐█
██   ██              ▄█▌   █▌  █▌   █▌
██   ███████████████▀▀    ▄█  ██    █ 
██                      ▄█▀  ▄█    █▌ 
████████████████████████▀  ▄█▀    █▌   
▄▄▄▄                      ▄█▀    ▄█▀   
█  ██████████████████████▀▀    ▄█▀     
▀▀▀▀                        ▄▄█▀       
▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀           
█  ████████████████████▀▀               
▀▀▀▀                                   

JOIN OUR TOKEN SALE       

FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   GITHUB   ONE PAGER
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1000

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:55:50 PM

What can I do if I did not indicate the message when I transferred xem to the exchange. and the funds did not come into account ?

The best thing to do is to check if your TX is already confirmed on the NEM blockchain then contact the exchange support with all the info about your transaction.

....RankingBall..⚽️
.....The Future of Sports and eSports.....
TOKEN SALE Starts May 21st!
HOME PAGE | ANN | TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | REDDIT
⚾️....RankingBall..
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

https://medium.com/nemofficial/nem-announces-beta-launch-of-catapult-a-full-featured-blockchain-engine-6bb5b9a45eb3

14-16 may 2018

Jeff will talk about catapult

At Consensus 2018
kamaljit.singh

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:30:35 AM

Meet @tokenaicrypto and other projects built under #NEM at the #Consensus2018 on May 14-16 in New York Hilton Midtown! https://www.coindesk.com/events/consensus-2018/ … Booth: Exhibit Space #16, Sutton Center, NEM Pavilion #NEMTakeover #NEMEcosystem #NEMCatapult

M A E S T R O  ▾  Revolutionizing the Digital Music World  ▾  https://maestroproject.io/
nani

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:11:50 AM

I prefer to think that scams aren't necessary. hopefully the first and the last that gets any support Well you cant prevent them from happening. Its just too easy to make a new mosaic on NEM. Not Sayin GreenOx is a scam but givin away livetime supply for the first 400 or so voters looks kind of fishy to me.

CRYPTOADS MARKETPLACE
Platform periklanan kuat yang dibangun di Ethereum [/ i]
PRESALE: 15 Mei-15 Juni | CROWDSALE: 16 Jun-16 Jul [/
schnidl

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

POS killed the POW-star

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:51:11 AM

FROM MYCOINVEST:

If you have not voted yet, please do so. It is getting near the end. Need high importance NEM addresses to vote and help us reach the minimum 3% POI scoring of the voting poll.

Reach out to family and friends who support NEM and hold XEM, so we can bring a financial savings solution to the USA and across the world.

To vote YES:
NDNETT-57K3JY-7PGKJY-RS3DP7-GUFSKK-HMRUOD-JPX6

To vote NO:
NCDLV3-GKAANX-Y5RPIR-CL4WMA-EOC5YO-QRGNCK-K2DX

They need another ~2% POI and there are only ~2days left. Keep on voting!
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 910
Merit: 506

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:27:15 AM

What can I do if I did not indicate the message when I transferred xem to the exchange. and the funds did not come into account ?

The best thing to do is to check if your TX is already confirmed on the NEM blockchain then contact the exchange support with all the info about your transaction.

It might take a while though. They will need to process manually so no worries if it takes some days maybe weeks.

FROM MYCOINVEST:

If you have not voted yet, please do so. It is getting near the end. Need high importance NEM addresses to vote and help us reach the minimum 3% POI scoring of the voting poll.

Reach out to family and friends who support NEM and hold XEM, so we can bring a financial savings solution to the USA and across the world.

To vote YES:
NDNETT-57K3JY-7PGKJY-RS3DP7-GUFSKK-HMRUOD-JPX6

To vote NO:
NCDLV3-GKAANX-Y5RPIR-CL4WMA-EOC5YO-QRGNCK-K2DX

I advise everyone to check the nem forum too! The proposals there are great and there are always some in the pipeline

R
         ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████▀███████████
  ████████▀▀     ▀▀████████
  ████████▄▄     ▄▄████████
   ███████████▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀███████▀▀
MAD              ▒█████▒
       ██████  ░░░██████
  █████░░░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░█████
 ██░  ░░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░░░ ██ ██
 ██ ░░░  ░░░ █████ ░░░ ██░  ██
 ██░░  ░█▄  ░▀███▀░░ ██░░  ░██
 ██  ░░░ ▀█▄█▄▄ ▄▄███░  ░░░██
 ██▒░░  ░░░████░███░  ░░░ ▒██
  ██  ░░▄█████████████▄░  ░██
  ██░░░█▀░░████░████░░▀█░░░██
   ██  ░░▄█████ ███▀█▄░░░ ██
    ██░▄███░░ █░█░  ░▀█▄ ██
     ████░░  ░░░  ░░░  ░██
      ████ ░░░  ░░░  ░███
        ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[] FACEBOOK
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD
REAL.leoinker

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:06:15 AM

Thank you for the support!
I hope everyone reads the proposal, as well as the comments. There is good dialogue in the Q&A.
myCoinvest is complex software providing a whole range of utility, and it may overwhelm people when they first read.

When I ask people "Do you think it would be cool if NanoWallet supported cashing out to your local currency, as well as purchasing more XEM?" They say YES! - Which is just one feature of the myCoinvest SMART Wallet.
There is a whole plethora of utility and use cases presented in the proposal and comments, and I do hope you all take the time to investigate. You can also join our Telegram: @mycoinvest

Click here to link to the proposal:

https://forum.nem.io/t/vote-now-mycoinvest-a-financial-savings-ecosystem-powered-by-the-nem-blockchain/16218/51
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:16:45 PM

I might not understand this voting thing very well - it's XEM holders voting to determine what projects get funded, right?
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

I LOVE THESE COIN

NEMOVIE CLIPS

https://vimeo.com/268562606

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1173

Hello You

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:33:35 PM

I might not understand this voting thing very well - it's XEM holders voting to determine what projects get funded, right?

Yes. But you need to have a decent Proof of Importance score for your vote to have weight.

bobq

Activity: 630
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:38:47 PM

XMIN Airdrop to XEM Holders (May 07 09:00 UTC)
https://coindar.org/en/event/nem-xem-xmin-airdrop-to-xem-holders-8707

What is XMIN and which is it's use and finality? Does any exchange support this airdrop? This link doesn't provide such information.

According the the chronobank site, 60 XMIN is equal to 1 TIME.  - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chronobank/

1 TIME is trading at around $14.42 (as of this post).

Therefore, 1 XMIN is worth around $0.24.

So for every 20 XEM you deposit in their mint wallet, you are airdropped 1 XMIN. i.e. $7.60 of XEM to receive free $0.24.

They are asking you to put XEM into their wallet, but some questions arise:

- How secure is the mint wallet, what is the likelihood that your XEM could be taken, and it could be a scam.
- How can these XMIN tokens be traded, they're not listed on CMC or any exchanges?
- Can the XEM be removed from the mint wallet once the airdrop has been done

This sounds a bit fishy to me, I personally would be hesitant to do this until I know more information.  Free money sounds too good to be true, what's in it for them?

This sounds totally fishy to me, or better said, "phishing". No way it makes a sense that you have to transfer the funds to a specific wallet of theirs to receive the airdrop. Those who do will probably have a life-lesson from that...

▄▄████████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████▄
          ▄███████████░░▀█████▄
        ██████████████░░░███████
      ▐█████████████░░░██████▌
      █████████▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░████████
      ██████░░░░░░░░░░███████
      ██████░░░▄███▄░░░████████
      ▐██████░░░▀████░░░███████
        ███████░░░░░░░▀░░███████
          ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█████▀
              ▀████████████████▀
                  ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
DSTRA  F R O M   C O M M U N I T Y,
  C   O  M  E  S      U   N   I  T   Y    
[
               █████████
             ███░░░░░███
             ███░░░░░███
        ▄██████████████▄
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ▀██████████████▀

PRIVACY

▄▄███████▄▄
              ▄█████▌░▐█████▄
            ▄█████░░░░░▐████▄
           █████▌░▐▌░█░▐█████
          ███████░░░▐████████
         ▐████████░░░▐██████▌
           █████▌░█▌▐▌░▐█████
            ▀█████░░░░░▐████▀
                ▀████▌░▐█████▀
                   ▀▀██████▀▀

LOW FEES

▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄█████████████▄
          ▄███░░▐██░░█████▄
         ██████░░▐██░░█████
        ████████░░▐██░░████
       ▐██████░░▐██░░█████▌
         ████▌░░██▌░░██████
          ▀███████████████▀
             ▀████████████▀
                 ▀▀██████▀▀

FAST
]▬▬▬  BTC ANN  ▬▬▬
WEBSITE    TWITTER
FACEBOOK DISCORD
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1044

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

Long awaited. Look forward to the release of the video to share as well.
tongokongo

Activity: 161
Merit: 125

NEM with Tony

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 01:53:43 AM

XMIN Airdrop to XEM Holders (May 07 09:00 UTC)
https://coindar.org/en/event/nem-xem-xmin-airdrop-to-xem-holders-8707

What is XMIN and which is it's use and finality? Does any exchange support this airdrop? This link doesn't provide such information.

According the the chronobank site, 60 XMIN is equal to 1 TIME.  - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chronobank/

1 TIME is trading at around $14.42 (as of this post).

Therefore, 1 XMIN is worth around $0.24.

So for every 20 XEM you deposit in their mint wallet, you are airdropped 1 XMIN. i.e. $7.60 of XEM to receive free $0.24.

They are asking you to put XEM into their wallet, but some questions arise:

- How secure is the mint wallet, what is the likelihood that your XEM could be taken, and it could be a scam.
- How can these XMIN tokens be traded, they're not listed on CMC or any exchanges?
- Can the XEM be removed from the mint wallet once the airdrop has been done

This sounds a bit fishy to me, I personally would be hesitant to do this until I know more information.  Free money sounds too good to be true, what's in it for them?

This sounds totally fishy to me, or better said, "phishing". No way it makes a sense that you have to transfer the funds to a specific wallet of theirs to receive the airdrop. Those who do will probably have a life-lesson from that...

I haven't do it by myself but there are steps to come around it:
1. Create account on their wallet, copy your priv key
2. in your main NEM account, create it as a cosigner for account 1 (chronowallet)
3. transfer XEM

I am not sure if this is accepted by chronobank itself but I wouldn't do it without any security measures.

Cymatoxa

Activity: 378
Merit: 121

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

Who can answer me a question? When will the long-awaited catapult be released on XEM? Already it's been a long time waiting.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Someone has practised with Google Doc's Science Templates Smiley
and found the Dev's fingerprint from the PoI algorithm Wink

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13M3wbdjI0Nzx-OKAd0dRCfOYFA_oT9Ydg96DkiUBsDs/edit?usp=sharing

We've briefly seen the paper, it's good to see time taken to do outsider's analysis.

regarding fingerprint, problem is the data used:
  • the doc takes all harvested, but balance/importance of an account could change over time... (i.e. take a look at funny outliers presented in a table above, that have high hBlks/r_imp_H, balance is very low, what does it tell you? the doc even states Balance:  r_hBlks / r_imp_H  has a weak correlation 0.344 should it really be surprising if you take ALL harvested blocks, but take only LATEST importance?)
  • fingerprint graph on x has balance, on y has hBlks/r_imp_H,
    • mind that there's correlation between balance and importance...
    • as you can see pattern emerges for low amounts (10k - 100k), so emerging pattern shouldn't really be surprising,
      with low amount you probably generate only few blocks (10-100) so what you have on this image is <some small integer> / importance x balance,
      i.e. compare two accounts with same r_imp_H, where one harvested 9 blocks and other 10 blocks: (9 / 1601000) / (0.00003) = 0.1873 vs (10 / 1601000) / (0.00003) = 0.2082, thats' where the vertical gaps come from,
      horizontal linearity should be obvious as well, bigger balance == bit bigger importance, i.e (10 / 1601000) / (0.000031) = 0.2014 vs (10 / 1601000) / (0.000030) 0.2082 

vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:29:50 PM

can someone knows at what stage the issue will get resolved with the POLONIEX exchange?

▄█▄
   ▄████
 ▄████▀
████▀
███
████▄
 ▀████▄
   ▀████
     ▀█▀

▄███▄
███████
███████
 ▀███▀

▄███▄
███████
███████
 ▀███▀

▄███▄
███████
███████
 ▀███▀

█████████████▄▄            ▄▄██████▄▄    █████             █████  ████████████████  █████████████▄▄            ▄▄██████▄▄
████████████████▄       ▄██████████████▄  █████           █████   ████████████████  ████████████████▄       ▄██████████████▄
█████████████████▌     ██████████████████  █████         █████                                 ▀▀████▌     █████▀▀    ▀▀█████
            ▀█████    ██████▀      ▀██████  █████       █████                                     ████    ████            ████
             ▐████▌  ▐█████          █████▌  █████     █████                                      ▐███▌  ▐███              ███▌
             ▐████▌  █████▌          ▐█████   █████   █████                                       ▐███▌  ███▌              ▐███
            ▄█████   █████            █████    █████ █████                                        ████   ███▌              ▐███
█████████████████▌   █████            █████     █████████                                      ▄▄████▌   ███                ███
████████████████▀    ██████████████████████      ███████          ████████████████  ████████████████▀    ██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀      ██████████████████████       █████           ████████████████  █████████████▀▀      ██████████████████████
█████                ██████████████████████       █████           ███               ███       ███▌       ███                ███
█████                █████            █████       █████           ███               ███        ███▌      ███                ███
█████                █████            █████       █████           ███               ███         ███▌     ███                ███
█████                █████            █████       █████           ███               ███          ███▌    ███                ███
█████                █████            █████       █████           ████████████████  ███           ███▌   ███                ███
█████                █████            █████       █████           ████████████████  ███            ███▌  ███                ███

▄███▄
███████
███████
 ▀███▀

▄███▄
███████
███████
 ▀███▀
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter

▄███▄
███████
███████
 ▀███▀
Telegram
YouTube
Website
sontung09

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:52:14 PM

The funds did not come into account ?
kamaljit.singh

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:47 PM

Cool #Nemfest in Japan next week. Don't miss out! http://nemdev.tokyo/fest/  @NEMofficial Experience #NEM at the exhibition, Shopping at NEM, Play with NEM

M A E S T R O  ▾  Revolutionizing the Digital Music World  ▾  https://maestroproject.io/
Pages: « 1 ... 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 [1854] 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.