Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:28:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984380 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
peer2peer360

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:55:45 PM

Ol'a

As it has occurred to me as I was researching another project

I may just be a NEMstake holder, I could be wrong tho.

How do I go about the claim?

Thanks for all your help

Peer2Peer360

You are a nemstakeholder. Not exactly one for the books as you weren't even sure but you're still on the list.

I'm not sure what you really meant by that statement ...

I only worded it so I wouldn't sound egotistical about being a NEMstake holder..

I've always known, how could i have not known when you replied to my PM months

Ago about being a NEMstake holder.

It's better to take a position of not knowning verses always

Acting like one knows everything..

Regards
Peer2Peer360
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:40:01 PM

1 or 2 dollars is if we kind of overtake bitcoin and reach 4-8 billions marketcap, that is if NEM becomes major  Smiley

0.1-0,2 dollar if we overtake litecoin would give 400-800 millions marketcap, totally reachable if NEM delivers and community stays strong and innovative Smiley

Not enough foresight.  Dot.com in the late 1990s was $7 trillion and the internet back then was only used by 0.006% of the world's population (45 million out of 7 billion).  Funny enough with only 2 million people using crypto currencies we still haven't caught up to the internet in the 1990s (you would think the internet would spread the message quicker or Bitcoin must be flawed enough that it is keeping mainstreet from joining in).

Even gold investment, which is only traded by a small group, is a $2 trillion industry.  All the real estate in the United States is said to be worth $25 trillion.

$10 NEM is definitely achievable and it may go as high as $100 - $200 if NEM is the main frontrunner.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:42:33 PM

1 or 2 dollars is if we kind of overtake bitcoin and reach 4-8 billions marketcap, that is if NEM becomes major  Smiley

0.1-0,2 dollar if we overtake litecoin would give 400-800 millions marketcap, totally reachable if NEM delivers and community stays strong and innovative Smiley

Not enough foresight.  Dot.com in the late 1990s was $7 trillion and the internet back then was only used by 0.006% of the world's population (45 million out of 7 billion).  Funny enough with only 2 million people using crypto currencies we still haven't caught up to the internet in the 1990s (you would think the internet would spread the message quicker or Bitcoin must be flawed enough that it is keeping mainstreet from joining in).

Even gold investment, which is only traded by a small group, is a $2 trillion industry.  All the real estate in the United States is said to be worth $25 trillion.

$10 NEM is definitely achievable and it may go as high as $100 - $200 if NEM is the main frontrunner.

Ah yes, someone who understands finance. Smiley

Most people look at the crypto market and see a "big" number like $7 billion and think it is some sort of bubble when in reality $7 billion is nothing in the world of finance. I mean, the NYSE alone has a market cap of $16 trillion or so. Facebook has a market cap of $200 billion and I think crypto is much more of a subversive technology than Facebook. We are really only scratching the surface of what crypto can be worth. If NEM is indeed a frontrunner in this market, $1 NEM is a given and $10+ is very likely.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:39:48 PM

I have a question about harvesting. I've been harvesting for a while now in the alpha client, and I've harvested quite a few blocks. However, they all seem to have been worth 0 NEM except for one random block which earned me 5259.72 NEM. Why are so many blocks worth 0 NEM if I have harvested them? How exactly do the harvesting rewards work and is getting 0 NEM from harvesting a block intentional or am I missing something? Just curious. Smiley

peer2peer360

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:51:12 PM

Not enough foresight.  Dot.com in the late 1990s was $7 trillion and the internet back then was only used by 0.006% of the world's population (45 million out of 7 billion).  Funny enough with only 2 million people using crypto currencies we still haven't caught up to the internet in the 1990s (you would think the internet would spread the message quicker or Bitcoin must be flawed enough that it is keeping mainstreet from joining in).

Even gold investment, which is only traded by a small group, is a $2 trillion industry.  All the real estate in the United States is said to be worth $25 trillion.

Dot.com burst was about Transferring nations wealth to the super elite

the World was set a stage by an orchestrated World Financial Catastrophic Event (Sophisticated stealing)

Highly engineered by the Major banking interest (international arena) 

I could be wrong usually & normally I am.

Oh, yeah whatever to the $6~7 Trillion dollar

or Did it just vanish out of circulation?

let's check the blockchain to see where it went.

Yea, right!

P2P360 Group
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

How about Translation in Filipino(Tagalog. Country:Philippines)
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:23:57 PM

I have a question about harvesting. I've been harvesting for a while now in the alpha client, and I've harvested quite a few blocks. However, they all seem to have been worth 0 NEM except for one random block which earned me 5259.72 NEM. Why are so many blocks worth 0 NEM if I have harvested them? How exactly do the harvesting rewards work and is getting 0 NEM from harvesting a block intentional or am I missing something? Just curious. Smiley

every transaction made has a required fee that must be made.. when you harvest a block you get all the fees of all the transactions that were entered into that block. so say 10 transactions were put into block A and they all payed a 10 nem transaction fee.. if you harvest block A then you will harvest the 100 nem that were payed in fees during that block.. if no transactions are put into the block, no fees were payed and therefore you will harvest an empty block. the more transactions, the more the blocks are worth.

Ah yes, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:35:13 PM

How about Translation in Filipino(Tagalog. Country:Philippines)

You are game for that?
DawnInTokyo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:35:48 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 11:58:03 PM by DawnInTokyo

interesting posts here! are you suggesting if I invest in NEM I will be a millionaire or multi-millionaire Huh how can you be as dead sure of this? couldn't crypto be just a fail exactly the same likelihood as it could succeed? for the life of me I can't even imagine Bitcoin having remotely the capitalization you're suggesting and Bitcoin is largely known... but idk maybe you're saying the real deal...  and also why nem not this nxt or even another if they are the first? thanks for answers!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:00:52 AM

interesting posts here! are you suggesting if I invest in NEM I will be a millionaire or multi-millionaire Huh how can you be as dead sure of this? couldn't crypto be just a fail exactly the same likelihood as it could succeed? for the life of me I can't even imagine Bitcoin having remotely the capitalization you're suggesting and Bitcoin is largely known... but idk maybe you're saying the real deal...  and also why nem not this nxt or even another if they are the first? thanks for answers!

Only 2 million people are using Bitcoin - not what I define to be widely utilized when there are 2 billion internet users, a lot of them residing in countries with fickle currencies who could see the benefit in crypto currencies as a store of wealth and remittance.

This is not a NXT vs NEM thread.  You can create a new thread here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DawnInTokyo

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:03:08 AM

Only 2 million people are using Bitcoin - not what I define to be widely utilized when there are 2 billion internet users, a lot of them residing in countries with fickle currencies who could see the benefit in crypto currencies as a store of wealth and remittance.

This is not a NXT vs NEM thread.  You can create a new thread here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

I don't care about nxt particularly heck I don't even know much about it why would I compare it. can you please address my questions cause you seem very experienced? Thanks in advance!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:06:58 AM

Hmmm... maybe we could add list of articles in OP, with headlines like "NEM in media", it looks good in eyes of newcomers, trying to made up their mind about NEM. In BTT - space of scams, having coverage in media gives sense of seriousness and confidence. It also makes NEM kinda established.

Should be links on ournem.com to the articles published by some of the better news outlinks, IMHO

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:11:42 AM

There is no such thing as a sure investment. Of course, NEM could fail just like BTC could fail or any other cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency as a whole could fail, even. It's still too early to tell.

What I am always confused about is why people have such a hard time believing that cryptocurrency can have a market cap in the $100 billion+ range. Like I said, Facebook has a market cap of $200 billion and all it does is push ads to people and connect friends/family/acquaintances in a social network. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are much more revolutionary than Facebook could ever dream to be. Why is it so hard to imagine cryptocurrency having a market cap of $200 billion or more?

Again, the current market cap of all cryptocurrencies combined is $7 billion. That is NOTHING in the world of finance. Peanuts. I know that investing $1000 into something and getting a $1 million or more return on that investment sounds too good to be true, but people don't seem to realize that we are the extremely early investors in this market. If you had given Mark Zuckerberg $1000 to help him get off the ground and start Facebook in exchange for even a small percentage of the company you'd have made millions. Such investments can and do happen. Consider yourself lucky that you have the intelligence and foresight to see that the cryptocurrency market has the potential to become something huge in the years to come.

Simply by being on these forums you are years ahead of the curve. My prediction for cryptocurrency hitting the mainstream and really exploding in terms of valuation is probably around 2020-ish. It's really, really hard to predict with any sort of accuracy though because the Internet can spread information extremely quickly. The world wide web took about 10 to 15 years before it hit what I would call the mainstream, and about 20 years (to present day) before it has reached what I would consider critical mass. I base this on the fact that my rather elderly parents have just now begun to use the Internet on a daily basis at home in the past few months. That's when you know something has really become a part of society for good. These things take time to develop. Your investment in crypto (whether that be NEM, NXT, BTC, or whatever) may not make you into a millionaire overnight, but it most certainly has the potential to make you into a millionaire over the course of the next 5 to 10 years if you play your cards right.

Anyway, that's just my own personal analysis on the matter. This is in no way, shape, or form any kind of investment advice. Cryptocurrency could end up being a complete failure of a social experiment in the years to come. Banks could offer many of the exact same services as cryptocurrency (instant peer-to-peer transfers, no fees, etc.) if they really wanted to. It's not like when you make a bank transfer today that they physically move cash around. It's all digital as it is, but the banks just like to screw us over. The thing is, the banks don't even realize what is happening right underneath them. Just like every other subversive technology that has come before it, cryptocurrency is poised to obliterate the banking system right from underneath its own feet just as we've seen happen in so many other industries over the past decades since technological progress has started accelerating at an exponential pace.

That's why I'm invested in crypto, and particularly NEM because I feel like NEM has the potential to be THE cryptocurrency that brings crypto to the masses over the next few years. Of course, we'll see how it turns out. Exciting times we are living in regardless of the outcome, I have to say. Smiley

DawnInTokyo

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:15:49 AM

Thank you for posting amytheplanarshift that was a really exciting and interesting read Cool
just one little thing I think banks most likely very well know whats going on underneath them just right now its probably still just like peanuts to them as you say so they probably don't care much yet
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:19:40 AM

Someone explain the crowdsale...
http://altnemo.com/

How does buying $90 an ounce silver when the price is only $20 help anybody  Huh

Why not buy 2 ounces of silver and then with the left over $50 buy some NEMstake or use the money to buy NEM when it launches ...

We are selling on the NXT AE for 2500 NXT atm. 2500*0.026600 = $66.5 (not $90). This is also proof, bullion quality from the Perth Mint, not junk silver sold in bulk.

This includes:

• "special privileges" in AltNemo. This is likely to be worth much, much more than the coin costs
  • international, insured shipping (which costs more than the base metal
  • 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

See http://altnemo.com/ for all the various payment options.

If you look at how much silver bitcoins are selling for, I have seen 1 oz of silver from 2BTC - 15 BTC for one coin. These were not even minted by a famous mint like the Perth Mint, either. So I think the coins can easily be worth 10-30x what you pay now, once you consider everything. If you buy 6, you get 1 free, too.

Gold is selling for 47500 NXT atm, which is 47500*0.026600 = $1263, which is under spot price. Gold coins come with significantly more "special privileges" in AltNemo, as well, making this easily the best deal in crypto if you have $1200 sitting around (again, this price includes shipping).

Anyone on the original stakeholder list who buys a gold coin will get a free silver coin, too  Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:20:37 AM

Thank you for posting amytheplanarshift that was a really exciting and interesting read Cool
just one little thing I think banks most likely very well know whats going on underneath them just right now its probably still just like peanuts to them as you say so they probably don't care much yet

Oh, I'm sure they know. But it's just like what happened with Kodak when they ignored the potential of the digital camera, which one of their own engineers invented. A gigantic corporation that thought they were invincible and would never be threatened by such a technology in its infancy. That is, until they ended up going bankrupt decades later as a direct result of the technology they ignored and dismissed as pointless and non-threatening.

Perhaps the bankers are smarter than Kodak or many of the other corporations who have shared a similar fate in recent history, but only time will tell. Smiley

DawnInTokyo

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:22:03 AM

makoto1337 sounds very very cool. could you please post a picture here shot with your digital camera so I can see how these coins looks like? the silver and the gold one please both! thanks! Cool
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:26:08 AM

makoto1337 sounds very very cool. could you please post a picture here shot with your digital camera so I can see how these coins looks like? the silver and the gold one please both! thanks! Cool

They have not been minted yet. If you check out http://altnemo.com/ you can see what they will look like though.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:36:30 AM

They will be minted once we make enough to order.

Here are some digital renderings I did based on the preliminary design (final design will be worked out with the mint to best meet their capabilities):

https://i.imgur.com/odw6XTb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2RYs0iB.png
https://i.imgur.com/z6Kb7Y3.png
https://i.imgur.com/XTnAV98.png

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
DawnInTokyo

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:42:12 AM

thanks for answering Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: