Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:11:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984167 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:00:16 PM

http://www.docdroid.net/gwik/nem-report1.pdf.html

Did anyone else see the press release report?  NEM was placed on over 370+ news media websites.  That's 370+ and not a typo.   Smiley
WOW!! Shocked I see a massive wave of people getting into NEM within this month

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:11:45 PM

Did anyone else see the press release report?  NEM was placed on over 370+ news media websites.  That's 370+ and not a typo.   Smiley

There has been a lull over the whole cryptocurrency sphere of late but that will change, I'm sure of it. Quiet progress has been made with NXT and NEM. As the global situation deteriorates, financially and geopolitically we will see the Big Influx of capital. Im sure the guys that stay the course will be amply rewarded.
  Remember what happened to BTC during the Cyprus bail-in? Well in my opinion NXT and NEM will be better positioned to see inflows of money like that but multiplied hundreds - fold.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 05:01:36 PM

I've been playing a bit with the 1-click-install and so far it's really great. Though, i agree that the whole NIS and NCC is not user friendly. It should be more transparent for the user.

Now that the code it out, is there a security audit (contest) that is planned? (I cant remember seeing this in the discussion). I really think that we should keep a couple of stakes for that.

Finally,  can someone send me some testNEM?

Cheers!

I am sure if you found a security flaw in the code, that the devs would give you atleast a partial NEMstake as a reward.
I don't know any more specifics than that though.

As of now, NCC is Open Sourced not NIS. Bugs in NCC hardly affect the network.
Even so it's still possible to find bugs, and one person already did found a bug.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Chaos514

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:23:09 PM

I've been playing a bit with the 1-click-install and so far it's really great. Though, i agree that the whole NIS and NCC is not user friendly. It should be more transparent for the user.

Now that the code it out, is there a security audit (contest) that is planned? (I cant remember seeing this in the discussion). I really think that we should keep a couple of stakes for that.

Finally,  can someone send me some testNEM?

Cheers!

I am sure if you found a security flaw in the code, that the devs would give you atleast a partial NEMstake as a reward.
I don't know any more specifics than that though.

As of now, NCC is Open Sourced not NIS. Bugs in NCC hardly affect the network.
Even so it's still possible to find bugs, and one person already did found a bug.

I didn't take the time to look at the code yet, but If I do and I find anything, I will not want any stake in return. As a stakeholder, having a great coin with a value that will grow over time is reward enough (and I'm sure this is true for most stakeholder). But Open source mean that anyone can look at the code, so if anyone find a way to manipulate the blockchain, they could use it for their own gain and therefore crash the value of NEM.

If NIS get open sourced, I think it wouldn't hurt to have a few persons look a the code from a security perspective. The idea of a "contest" is just to ensure we will have a few pairs of eyes looking at the code, but If we have some fellow NEMbsters with that particular background, that's even better.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 05:33:57 PM

If NIS get open sourced, I think it wouldn't hurt to have a few persons look a the code from a security perspective. The idea of a "contest" is just to ensure we will have a few pairs of eyes looking at the code, but If we have some fellow NEMbsters with that particular background, that's even better.

NIS will definitely be open sourced. That's something all developers unanimously agree on.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:49:46 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 11:01:26 PM by TaunSew

There's much more exciting news to come in the next weeks.   Wink  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

Interesting read and something many proponents of Bitcoin never want to admit. I've been saying for a while now that Bitcoin is inherently flawed for a number of reasons, which is why I am moving most of my BTC holdings into next-gen crypto like NEM and other avenues of crypto-related investments.

Of course, I am still holding on to some BTC because they could theoretically still fix a lot of the issues it has. It's not like it is set in stone forever and can never be changed, but the question is whether or not they have the capability or willingness to do so before it's too late. Meanwhile, next-gen cryptocurrencies like NEM are already shaping up to be better in almost every conceivable way than the 1.0 cryptocurrencies and once they get established, well... it may be too late for the likes of BTC and its clones.

Just my thoughts on this matter. Tongue

We need to replace Bitcoin before it fails because if one crypto had wide adoption and failed other cryptos will have an even harder time every getting adopted again.

This is why NEM needs a direct link to fiat.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

@kody You're making me hungry talking about berries Cheesy

IMHO anon features should be a layer on top of currencies, to create true anonymity, rather than being in the currency. I hope that an anon service can be launched on top of NEM fairly soon.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:29:43 AM

@kody You're making me hungry talking about berries Cheesy

you should try peach yogurt with crushed and whole blueberries and strawberries with chocolate digestives broken up into little pieces and sprinkled on top..

Cheesy

i bet your hungry now Wink

I've got some of them in my fridge. Will reach out for them in a while. Smiley
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:16:14 AM

wow this is amazing
This community is really coming together. There's a lot of people here that
want to see this coin have success  Smiley
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:52:58 AM

wow this is amazing
This community is really coming together. There's a lot of people here that
want to see this coin have success  Smiley

Let's move the movement! Support Altnemo.com to make it even better!
AtarErren

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:41:00 AM

I just gonna drop it here. free to use if anyone found it useful.

https://i.imgur.com/wGN62V3.png
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:53:11 AM

Awesome. I'm interested in knowing how you made that Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:32:05 AM

Awesome. I'm interested in knowing how you made that Cheesy

golden rain .nice Smiley
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:26:48 AM

Magical!! I am impressed!

This should be in the newsletter front cover!
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:11:12 AM

There has been a lull over the whole cryptocurrency sphere of late but that will change, I'm sure of it. Quiet progress has been made with NXT and NEM. As the global situation deteriorates, financially and geopolitically we will see the Big Influx of capital. Im sure the guys that stay the course will be amply rewarded.
  Remember what happened to BTC during the Cyprus bail-in? Well in my opinion NXT and NEM will be better positioned to see inflows of money like that but multiplied hundreds - fold.

Indeed - crypto needs another Cyprus. It's looking like we could be in for at least a half dozen over the coming year or two.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

BTC mining farms lobbies will do everything to keep btc afloat as long as possible to keep profiting...
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:49:08 AM

BTC mining farms lobbies will do everything to keep btc afloat as long as possible to keep profiting...

Yeah, and sadly there's only going to ever be a select minority that own the bulk of the mining power. Bitcoin is more centralized then Fiat.

What you said also reminded me of:

http://thecoinfront.com/is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014

A quote from the article:

Running those numbers, we discover that, based on the price of energy at ten cents per kWh (standard price here in Toronto. Your mileage may vary), given the current difficulty of Bitcoin mining, and the current price, you will never see a return on your investment.

It's been this way for years, and you have to bare in mind costs of hardware/electricity which is likely worse in many other countries. Right now mining is more about the big boys with deep pockets competing with eachother to mine. It's fallen long out of the reach of the average joe.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:07:04 AM

Yeah, and sadly there's only going to ever be a select minority that own the bulk of the mining power. Bitcoin is more centralized then Fiat.

http://thecoinfront.com/is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014

Running those numbers, we discover that, based on the price of energy at ten cents per kWh (standard price here in Toronto. Your mileage may vary), given the current difficulty of Bitcoin mining, and the current price, you will never see a return on your investment.

It's been this way for years, and you have to bare in mind costs of hardware/electricity which is likely worse in many other countries. Right now mining is more about the big boys with deep pockets competing with eachother to mine. It's fallen long out of the reach of the average joe.

Yeah only big ones will keep running because they got special electricity rebates or don't even pay for it. But big crowd will slowly realize that bitcoin is outdated tech only sustained by big investors/mining industry. The process will certainly be long but unavoidable imo.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:09:02 AM

this will be the case in future

Yeah only big ones will keep running because they got special electricity rebates or don't even pay for it. But big crowd will slowly realize that bitcoin is outdated tech only sustained by big investors/mining industry. The process will certainly be long but unavoidable imo.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: