Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:35:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984145 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:07:27 AM

I was able to login into the wallet after the cleaning up. But now facing this new problem.after i created my wallet and booting, My NIS keeps disconnected or getting killed after few minutes. Any idea why or anyone else having this problem. Error showing NEM Infrastructure not available?

Solved. Need to kill the java downloader process. Where do i ask for nem?
Next time show your logfile: this is useful for developers to know what's happening.
You can ask for nem here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2232.0

That java process, j2lp (cant exactly remember the process name) is killing off NIS i think. Might be a problem.

What OS are you running and what is your Java version?

Windows 7. Java 8 update 11

Flushed your cache? Deleted the old wallets and directories? Firewall initiated kill? I have the same problem when I resume my windows from a hibernate. What I did was, I killed the process and restarted the nem-clinet.jnlp. Then it worked again. Further, I need to wait for the NIS to properly complete its booting process before I log on the wallet. I usually wait for 5 minutes just to make sure. Same OS as yours and Java version.

The wallet is working for me. Just saying that J2pl process is killing nis after a while. So i had to manually kill the j2pl process to use the wallet. Highlighting the problem i see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:57:08 AM

I was able to login into the wallet after the cleaning up. But now facing this new problem.after i created my wallet and booting, My NIS keeps disconnected or getting killed after few minutes. Any idea why or anyone else having this problem. Error showing NEM Infrastructure not available?

Next time show your logfile: this is useful for developers to know what's happening.

That java process, j2lp (cant exactly remember the process name) is killing off NIS i think. Might be a problem.

Flushed your cache? Deleted the old wallets and directories? Firewall initiated kill? I have the same problem when I resume my windows from a hibernate. What I did was, I killed the process and restarted the nem-clinet.jnlp. Then it worked again. Further, I need to wait for the NIS to properly complete its booting process before I log on the wallet. I usually wait for 5 minutes just to make sure. Same OS as yours and Java version.

The wallet is working for me. Just saying that J2pl process is killing nis after a while. So i had to manually kill the j2pl process to use the wallet. Highlighting the problem i see.

Are you use j2lp is what it was called ? I can't even find anyhing on that with a search engine.

patmast3r

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:58:14 AM

Here strange behavior with 0.1.2.

My nemesis account X in WALLET1 works good: I can send and receive NEM, can harvest, can start node.

So I created new WALLET2 with account Y. Both wallet files are in the same ncc directory and I'm able to open both. And then begins:

1. My WALLET2 account Y can receive NEM, I tried this by sending some NEM from account X and also received some NEM from others;
2. Account Y cannot boot local node, error "Wallet does not contain this account";
3. Account Y cannot start harvesting, error "Wallet does not contain this account";
4. Account Y cannot send NEM, error "Wallet does not contain this account".

Restarted with webstart, problems remain the same.
A. Is it known issue?
B. Am I doing something wrong?

Working on Windows 7.

Here are accounts for investigation:

Code:
WALLET1 account X: TAZUHL-TXN2LN-ZNIYAN-LYFJVK-CROXKJ-PPRXGD-5FJT
WALLET2 account Y: TDEIMT-JDHYFE-Z7MM7S-YB2OPZ-6OOFXL-UDB46G-XNLA

Try making Y your primary account.
If that's the problem then the error messages are off but it would make sense that only the primary account can harvest.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:04:07 AM

Are you use j2lp is what it was called ? I can't even find anyhing on that with a search engine.

He meant Jp2launcher.exe. He said he cannot remember...;-)

BTW, I have two instances of it running, and I do not need to kill them to get running. I believe one is for NCC and the other is for NIS.
Finley

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:05:15 AM

We have done all we can do,let's wait the market make choice.
patmast3r

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:24:29 AM

For some reason...  the auto-downloading process starts even when you are already running nis through the Standalone Package.

I think that's normal. You see webstart installs NIS on your computer while the standalone package is merely lying around in some location unknown to it.
I think the best way to run the client is to choose Webstart OR the standalone package. Mixing things is a recipe for problems like yours Smiley
The standalone package is imho best for people that want to run a node 24/7 or only want to run NIS. Webstart is meant for people that just want to use the client and have an easy way of starting it.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:29:23 AM

My nemesis account X in WALLET1 works good: I can send and receive NEM, can harvest, can start node.

So I created new WALLET2 with account Y. Both wallet files are in the same ncc directory and I'm able to open both. And then begins:

1. My WALLET2 account Y can receive NEM, I tried this by sending some NEM from account X and also received some NEM from others;
2. Account Y cannot boot local node, error "Wallet does not contain this account";
3. Account Y cannot start harvesting, error "Wallet does not contain this account";

A. Is it known issue?

Working on Windows 7.

Code:

If that's the problem then the error messages are off but it would make sense that only the primary account can harvest.

When I log in to the WALLET2, my account Y is primary. Sorry for my english, but I use two wallet files. It is not like I'm adding new account Y in NCC. Think about two instances of NCC with different wallets, but on same PC.
patmast3r

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:35:56 AM

I think that's normal. You see webstart installs NIS on your computer while the standalone package is merely lying around in some location unknown to it.
I think the best way to run the client is to choose Webstart OR the standalone package. Mixing things is a recipe for problems like yours Smiley
The standalone package is imho best for people that want to run a node 24/7 or only want to run NIS. Webstart is meant for people that just want to use the client and have an easy way of starting it.

Nobody is mixing anything though.

I understand that things are setup this way to accommodate those that go for the One Click Install but it causes this issue when running  everything through the Standalone Package.  Not saying that the issue is critical (or even important for the matter)...  we just need to point to the solution when people report having this particular problem.

Oh you mean you start NCC from the standalone package and it tries to download and install NIS ?
I'll file an issue in the repo.

Thanks for reporting it.

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:50:08 AM

Oh you mean you start NCC from the standalone package and it tries to download and install NIS ?

Yup.

Yeap. We are reporting the same problem. From standalone package.

some1

Activity: 364

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:06:42 AM

I understand that things are setup this way to accommodate those that go for the One Click Install but it causes this issue when running  everything through the Standalone Package.  Not saying that the issue is critical (or even important for the matter)...  we just need to point to the solution when people report having this particular problem.

Thanks for reporting it.

Same happens on my Linux box too.

First I run nix.runNis.sh, than when I execute nix.runNcc.sh it generates an additional log (ncc/ncc/ncc-nis.log) complaining that Java Web Start cannot start:
Code:
Java Web Start splash screen process exiting .....
Splash: X11 connection failed: No such file or directory

It would be nice for NCC to execute NIS only if local port 7890 is free.

patmast3r

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:39:39 AM

Thanks for reporting it.

Same happens on my Linux box too.

First I run nix.runNis.sh, than when I execute nix.runNcc.sh it generates an additional log (ncc/ncc/ncc-nis.log) complaining that Java Web Start cannot start:
Code:
Java Web Start splash screen process exiting .....
Splash: X11 connection failed: No such file or directory

It would be nice for NCC to execute NIS only if local port 7890 is free.

I think the standalone should not deal with webstart at all. Not sure how much more pain that will introduce to the building process though.

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

A. Is it known issue?

Working on Windows 7.

Code:

I tried the same and it worked on my computer. Can you provide the log for the problem?

No, any account can harvest. Right now, you can let all accounts in you wallet harvest simultaneously (note: it's not guaranteed that this feature will be available in future releases).

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:55:55 AM

I understand that things are setup this way to accommodate those that go for the One Click Install but it causes this issue when running  everything through the Standalone Package.  Not saying that the issue is critical (or even important for the matter)...  we just need to point to the solution when people report having this particular problem.

Indeed that seems to be something we haven't thought of. We'll find a solution for that.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:44:09 AM

This happened whith me too on 0,75 release.

I'm not so sure what was that, but after some windows restarts and killing java process it was working.

For me, the major problem can be the Avast Antivirus. I run it on maximum protection and it scans everything up and down memmory, the downloads before write it on disk, and before starting running some software.

For the 1,2 release it started very smooth and there is the NIS state message up the screen to help seeing whats is happening.

Wink

some1

Activity: 364

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:03:43 PM

When I send an encrypted message via NCC, message text appears in cleartext in my transaction history
Isn't it encoded with recipient's public key? I should not be able to decrypt it.

Thies1965

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:19:08 PM

Thanks for reporting it.

For avoiding the download of the latest NIS code via WebStart, add just the following command line option:

-nis_ws 0

You may also have a look at the NCC specification:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit#

There is also an option if you would like to start the NIS and NCC from an USB stick without leaving any traces on the host computer.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:45:12 PM

When I send an encrypted message via NCC, message text appears in cleartext in my transaction history
Isn't it encoded with recipient's public key? I should not be able to decrypt it.

There are only two sides able to decrypt encrypted (SECURE) messages. Sender and recipient.
(There is key established between those two.)

If you'd try to take a look at this TX i.e in chain explorer, you won't find anything useful, unless there is a bug ;-)
 but there definitely isn't, we have tested it multiple times (not only in blockchain but also in our internal tests).

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 10:12:23 PM

It's been a while (actually quite long) since I've posted any stats, so here you go...

April 19: Tests run: 781, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
May 01: Tests run: 878, Failures: 2, Errors: 2, Skipped: 3
May 09: Tests run: 952, Failures: 6, Errors: 3, Skipped: 3
May 17: Tests run: 1042, Failures: 14, Errors: 2, Skipped: 3

NIS: Aug 9th: Tests run: 1684, Failures: 2, Errors: 13, Skipped: 0
NCC: Aug 9th: Tests run: 425, Failures: 3, Errors: 1

Most errors in last run of NIS are due to one test, that hasn't been updated to conform to changes in NIS

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
s111102

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:43:49 PM

It's been a while (actually quite long) since I've posted any stats, so here you go...

Most errors in last run of NIS are due to one test, that hasn't been updated to conform to changes in NIS

Good work buddy! Looks like there are still many failures in current version both of NIS and NCC, but I believe, with you guys hard working and contribution, we will eventually succeed.

Cheers!
mlwlxz

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:57:51 AM

There's still a lot of more work to do.
Thanks to the core development team of hard work.
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: