Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:22:22 PM

Someone explain the crowdsale...
http://altnemo.com/

How does buying $90 an ounce silver when the price is only $20 help anybody  Huh

Why not buy 2 ounces of silver and then with the left over $50 buy some NEMstake or use the money to buy NEM when it launches ...

We are selling on the NXT AE for 2500 NXT atm. 2500*0.026600 = $66.5 (not $90). This is also proof, bullion quality from the Perth Mint, not junk silver sold in bulk.

This includes:

• "special privileges" in AltNemo. This is likely to be worth much, much more than the coin costs
  • international, insured shipping (which costs more than the base metal
  • 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

See http://altnemo.com/ for all the various payment options.

If you look at how much silver bitcoins are selling for, I have seen 1 oz of silver from 2BTC - 15 BTC for one coin. These were not even minted by a famous mint like the Perth Mint, either. So I think the coins can easily be worth 10-30x what you pay now, once you consider everything. If you buy 6, you get 1 free, too.

Gold is selling for 47500 NXT atm, which is 47500*0.026600 = $1263, which is under spot price. Gold coins come with significantly more "special privileges" in AltNemo, as well, making this easily the best deal in crypto if you have $1200 sitting around (again, this price includes shipping).

Anyone on the original stakeholder list who buys a gold coin will get a free silver coin, too  Cheesy

Why is nemgold selling for such a considerable discount compared to nemsilver? How are you guys making any profit for the crowd funding selling below spot? And how come these have not been eaten up already?

Surely this is a no brainer or am I missing something here?

So, since it is surely a no brainer, get all your friends and relatives to buy the gold. You don't need to think.  Yes, you are in fact missing something here - that you are not buying any of the gold coins. Smiley

It was a question not a statement. I'm still bewildered by the lack of demand and will continue to ponder my decision. Maybe its the risk of resale or everyones just completely broke?

There can be a few factors. Maybe we are not promoting it enough or nobody appreciates the value of the true meaning of limited edition. Or that they are more interested in keeping the cryptos rather than buying the silvers for whatever reason. Another reason is they may be more interested in making and churning profits out of whatever cryptos they have. Maybe some people cannot be bothered with changing fiat to cryptos even if they are interested.

There are lots of reasons. But we hope you will support the cause. Really, it is a no brainer if you know its value. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:28:17 PM

The SuperNetwork will kill the Dollar.   Tongue
You are right and supernetwork will make nxt and nem famous.

NEM?

Is NEM included in the SuperNet future plans?

There are a lot of issues that need to be ironed out. It is not so easy to just connect to it. There are security and integration issues. The project has good intentions, but to put it together requires a mammoth effort and imho is a technical challenge.

I believe the NEM team should just focus on getting our V1 up first. The integration can eat up a lot of resources and prove not viable at this moment in time.

c2e

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

It looks like the AE tokens were just sent out, this batch was 37 stakes. We're at a pretty decent price, we'll see if we have any sellers.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:14:33 PM

Monday sales  Grin
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:11:41 PM

Can someone send me some nem for alpha testing.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:18:51 PM

Can someone send me some nem for alpha testing.

Sent and should be arriving shortly. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:34:22 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 06:01:16 PM by NoirSuccubus

After collapsing the side menu, when my mouse hovers over the area where your address would normally be located when not collapsed, this message appears, "click to copy address to clipboard".

I'm running version 0.2.9 and this happens on both Firefox 31.0 and IE 11.

I reported this on github aswell.
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:24:08 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 09:10:12 PM by EFFV

Announcing NEM t-shirts arrive 9/5/14!

You can view the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760787.new#new

Orders & Shipping begin 9/5/14

Send a PM to Pre-Order Now!

Support NEM with a NEM T-Shirt!

This will be the second group of NEM T-Shirts I have issued, the first set of 15 featured the cube logo and were purchased for a Bitcoin & Cryptocoin club.  

This new set features the new official NEM logo branded on a high quality 100% cotton material.

In stock by 9/5/14:

- 1 Small
- 4 Medium
- 4 Large
- 1 XL

In stock by 9/11/14:
- 4 XL

Any orders outside the quantities specified may be delayed for about a week to shipment.

Bumping this for any Nemsters who may not have noticed!

-EFFV

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:20:11 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 06:13:57 AM by xtester

Cross-posting this here from the NEM forum.

Quote from: xtester
NEM Marketing Progress Update

For the past few weeks the marketing team has been pushing along with the dev team and the community to help steer NEM in the right direction. While we're at the very beginning and there's still a lot to be done, we are pleased to see NEM is slowly coming together. Along the great work coming from the dev team, the NEM brand and image is slowly emerging to be known and respected in the altcoin section.

At the moment our strategy consists of 3 simple parts:

• Nurturing the community and finding effective ways to attract new people to NEM
  • Consolidate our brand and build marketing infrastructure(channels) to allow an effective and wide-reaching communication. Start spreading our message through all the channels we have.
  • Ecosystem/business: engage exchanges, payment processors, businesses and merchants to accept NEM and develop a relationship with them.(Planned to happen during beta, after we have a stable situation with points 1 and 2).

In the lines of the above plan here is what we have focused on:

• Filtering and making information about NEM, clear and appealing - we are making good progress on that
  • Creating a compelling article containing the whole NEM story and spreading the word - done, please see The NEM Story
  • Pushing for the NEM logo so we can finally move on with our branding - done
  • Establishing NEM brand and image and applying it consistently across all our discussion platforms and media channels - we are making good progress on that, almost done
  • Complete threads clean-up - done
  • Sending a bi-monthly newsletter containing latest info about NEM - working as planned
  • Attempting to establish a relationship with important news outlets - in progress
  • Approaching multiple exchanges in order to get NEM listed right at or after launch - we have already approached several of them(and may already have 1 or 2 positive answers) but are still waiting for the feedback.

In addition to all that I am pleased to say that our NEM story article has received some decent traffic and has also been featured on a very important weekly altcoin newsletter(http://altcoinweekly.com/) which can be found here: Issue #37. The Vice article we've been collaborating on seems to be a good step forward, hopefully we'll have more articles like that to come.
We have been experimenting with hiring someone to do a press release and publish it across multiple news outlets to see how this would work for NEM. Here are some of the results of the experiment:

Please see this report: http://www.docdroid.net/gwik/nem-report1.pdf.html

And some more info regarding the press release:

The press release continues to receive traffic on bitcoin PRbuzz:

Press release attention on Twitter:

Digital Journal:

Baystreet:

Yahoo Finance:

CryptoCoin Updates:

Here are some other sites that are not in the report:

Please note I am still waiting for some more info regarding the press release.

One more thing: the marketing team is thinking about/preparing to attend 2 conferences. The first one will be the Bitconference in Amsterdam from 3-5 September. This will be our first conference and erkki12 will be attending to spread the word about NEM. We won't have a booth but it will be still interesting to see what response we will get.  Smiley The second one is bitcoinexpo2014. Rockethead has already approached them and maybe he will be able to speak and give and presentation about NEM there. We think conferences are the most effective ways where we get the chance to approach the big players in the crypto-ecosystem. Our target is the establish a long term, quality relationship with most important media outlets, exchanges, payment processors, and online stores/businesses/merchants.

A lot of other interesting stuff is being prepared behind the scenes but I guess you will find that out as we make progress.  Wink

Edit: I also want to emphasize the great value altnemo could add to NEM on both marketing and development side. Huge thanks goes to rockethead and makoto for taking the initiative and trying to make things happen.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:58:04 PM

Amazing, amazing stuff as always! The amount of work being put into making NEM a long-term player in the cryptocurrency market should be clear to anyone by this point. I'll try to spread this news to as many people as I can as well!

One marketing strategy which I have done for other altcoins in the past is to utilize fiverr.com. If you don't know, fiverr.com is a website where you can hire individuals to perform various services for you, usually for very cheap ($5 and up, hence the name of the site). I have hired people to print and hand out fliers and do other sorts of guerilla marketing services like this before, so this is something we could possibly think about doing for NEM as well. As for how effective it is, well, who knows, but the price is cheap so you can't really go wrong in my opinion.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:01:16 PM

Amazing, amazing stuff as always! The amount of work being put into making NEM a long-term player in the cryptocurrency market should be clear to anyone by this point. I'll try to spread this news to as many people as I can as well!

One marketing strategy which I have done for other altcoins in the past is to utilize fiverr.com. If you don't know, fiverr.com is a website where you can hire individuals to perform various services for you, usually for very cheap ($5 and up, hence the name of the site). I have hired people to print and hand out fliers and do other sorts of guerilla marketing services like this before, so this is something we could possibly think about doing for NEM as well. As for how effective it is, well, who knows, but the price is cheap so you can't really go wrong in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are actually considering experimenting with fiverr for a number of things. Will post about that as we do.
Chaos514

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:42:45 PM

I've been playing a bit with the 1-click-install and so far it's really great. Though, i agree that the whole NIS and NCC is not user friendly. It should be more transparent for the user.

Now that the code it out, is there a security audit (contest) that is planned? (I cant remember seeing this in the discussion). I really think that we should keep a couple of stakes for that.

Finally,  can someone send me some testNEM?

Cheers!

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:12:37 PM

Done
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:24:44 PM

I've been playing a bit with the 1-click-install and so far it's really great. Though, i agree that the whole NIS and NCC is not user friendly. It should be more transparent for the user.

Now that the code it out, is there a security audit (contest) that is planned? (I cant remember seeing this in the discussion). I really think that we should keep a couple of stakes for that.

Cheers!

I am sure if you found a security flaw in the code, that the devs would give you atleast a partial NEMstake as a reward.
I don't know any more specifics than that though.

By the way, I sent you some testNEM as well  Smiley

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
sampsonm

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:02:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We are actually considering experimenting with fiverr for a number of things. Will post about that as we do.

In addition to fiverr, WorkHub is worth a try.
https://www.workhub.com
You can use them for promotion or testing.
https://www.workhub.com/promotion
https://www.workhub.com/testing
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:47:45 AM

In addition to fiverr, WorkHub is worth a try.
https://www.workhub.com
You can use them for promotion or testing.
https://www.workhub.com/promotion
https://www.workhub.com/testing

Cool stuff. It'd be great to create a site like that, but for NEM. Like pay 1000 NEM to do tasks.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:35:22 AM

Someone explain the crowdsale...
http://altnemo.com/

How does buying $90 an ounce silver when the price is only $20 help anybody  Huh

Why not buy 2 ounces of silver and then with the left over $50 buy some NEMstake or use the money to buy NEM when it launches ...

We are selling on the NXT AE for 2500 NXT atm. 2500*0.026600 = $66.5 (not $90). This is also proof, bullion quality from the Perth Mint, not junk silver sold in bulk.

This includes:

• "special privileges" in AltNemo. This is likely to be worth much, much more than the coin costs
  • international, insured shipping (which costs more than the base metal
  • 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

See http://altnemo.com/ for all the various payment options.

If you look at how much silver bitcoins are selling for, I have seen 1 oz of silver from 2BTC - 15 BTC for one coin. These were not even minted by a famous mint like the Perth Mint, either. So I think the coins can easily be worth 10-30x what you pay now, once you consider everything. If you buy 6, you get 1 free, too.

Gold is selling for 47500 NXT atm, which is 47500*0.026600 = $1263, which is under spot price. Gold coins come with significantly more "special privileges" in AltNemo, as well, making this easily the best deal in crypto if you have $1200 sitting around (again, this price includes shipping).

Anyone on the original stakeholder list who buys a gold coin will get a free silver coin, too  Cheesy

I'm trying to crack that first buy (I think no one has yet), need another week or two Smiley. We need that mobile app! *grin*

Edit: I take that back, looks like someone bit Smiley.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:50:26 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 06:52:42 AM by TaunSew

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/stakeholders/4280260188071460715

There's been 6 gold for NXT sold so far.  IIRC, there were also people who exchanged their NEMstake for gold.  

http://www.coinfirm.org/
According to the Casacius Guide only 5 1oz gold coins (not plated) were produced in 2011.  There's also a lot of allegations on BTT (no idea if they're true) that only around half of Casacius' production ever left the warehouse.   So it appears to be the case there is more demand for NEMgold than there was for Casacius' gold coins in 2011 (at a time when Bitcoin had 100,000+ users).

November 2013 one Casacius 1oz gold coin sold for $1 million USD (according to the guide).  Maybe a single NEMgold could fetch this price in the future?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 05:29:22 AM

I think NEM really sets a new precedent with this coin sale.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 06:15:24 AM

You have me wanting to buy some silver coins, I just don't feel like I'm rich enough yet to actually afford it. Hahaha. Goes even more for the gold coin.

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: