Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM

it was a blunder of Exchange and because of that Coin is suffering   Shocked
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:24:48 PM

It's suffering because people are stupid. People are selling because they are afraid others will sell and those people only sell for the same reason. It's a self-fullfilling prophecy.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:33:40 PM

It's suffering because people are stupid. People are selling because they are afraid others will sell and those people only sell for the same reason. It's a self-fullfilling prophecy.

The same thing will happen to the world's fiat someday.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:02:14 PM

did all the test coin vanish.

My test coins are gone. hook me up guys
gsxrl3oi

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:08:49 PM

My test coins are gone. hook me up guys

Sent.

Sorry wrong address. I changed my address on signature.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:12:34 PM

Sent  Cheesy
gsxrl3oi

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:16:38 PM

Oh boy...  there goes 100k NEM down the drain...  lol

Sent again!   Wink

lol thanks good thing. I know you rich man lol thanks received. trying to send some out
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:22:36 PM

Patmaster en XTESTER I send you a message to claim my token, can you please respond?? thanks
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

Patmaster en XTESTER I send you a message to claim my token, can you please respond?? thanks

Your token should be in your account already for almost a week.

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

Thanks, when is the official launch and can I still use the token then?
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:01:41 PM

Hi twistelaar,

Please check the updated OP. You should be able to redeem the token for real NEM at launch.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:30:06 PM

When you're dealing with currencies not backed by anything, yeah, this is quite common. As crypto's are taken more seriously (Especially with the arrival of non-PoW currencies) i think prices will rise and thus stabilize as time goes on. Even better if there's some backing from the precious metal communities.

However, even a little bit of experience tells you that provided the drop is not caused by something serious - say, faulty code or an exploit in said code - no doubt ,the coin will bounce back. Most do.

These are but minor ripples in the ocean that is crypto. The problem is people let panic and fear effect their judgement far too much - they get preoccupied with the more immediate and obvious trivialities and don't broaden their view outward.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 10:24:16 PM

When you're dealing with currencies not backed by anything, yeah, this is quite common. As crypto's are taken more seriously (Especially with the arrival of non-PoW currencies) i think prices will rise and thus stabilize as time goes on. Even better if there's some backing from the precious metal communities.

However, even a little bit of experience tells you that provided the drop is not caused by something serious - say, faulty code or an exploit in said code - no doubt ,the coin will bounce back. Most do.

These are but minor ripples in the ocean that is crypto. The problem is people let panic and fear effect their judgement far too much - they get preoccupied with the more immediate and obvious trivialities and don't broaden their view outward.

Well I will tell you one thing, if we don;t launch in September...

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Thingamajig

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:34:50 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 10:44:57 PM by Thingamajig

What if we dont?

If we don't launch in september, i'm not going to be bothered - why? Because they've delivered on an alpha client and have shown on many occasions their dedication and seriousness to the project. Provided transparency is kept and the people are informed as to why there is a delay, i do not view this as a concern. Considering NEM has newsletters and other such sites, concise, and clear communication to a wider audience is obviously their aim.

Without transparency, all people rely upon is conjecture and assumptions (often spearheaded by people like CFA for their own gains/agenda). This is when you start seeing panic sells/buys and other such movements, of which can threaten the project. Transparency is crucial and compared to many coins, i believe NEM is doing exceptionally well -- especially as Utopian obviously didn't quite grasp this, which was delt with accordingly and swiftly.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 10:44:33 PM

What if we dont?

If we don't launch in september, i'm not going to be bothered - why? Because they've delivered on an alpha client and have shown on many occasions their dedication and seriousness to the project. Provided transparency is kept and the people are informed as to why there is a delay, i do not view this as a concern.

Without transparency, all people rely upon is conjecture and assumptions (often spearheaded by people like CFA for their own gains/agenda). This is when you start seeing panic sells/buys and other such movements, of which can threaten the project. Transparency is crucial and compared to many coins, i believe NEM is doing exceptionally well -- especially as Utopian obviously didn't quite grasp this, which was delt with accordingly and swiftly.

If you think people are not going to be disappointed if we don;t launch in september I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Thingamajig

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:46:38 PM

What if we dont?

If we don't launch in september, i'm not going to be bothered - why? Because they've delivered on an alpha client and have shown on many occasions their dedication and seriousness to the project. Provided transparency is kept and the people are informed as to why there is a delay, i do not view this as a concern.

If you think people are not going to be disappointed if we don;t launch in september I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

I never said they wouldn't be disappointed. I'd be disappointed to - what i said was, provided there are legitimate reasons for such, it doesn't faze me at all.

I'd much rather have a rock solid platform now which helps promote confidence then something thats breaking at the seams and only further promotes doubt and fear - the very reason why so many are suspicious of crypto's in the first place.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:58:28 PM

Hi twistelaar,

Please check the updated OP. You should be able to redeem the token for real NEM at launch.

"9. Additional conversion condition: A maximum of 2 NEMstake tokens will be allowed to convert to NEM per one NXT account (with one unique NEM receiving account). That means if one account sends more than 2 NEMstake tokens back to the issuer account for NEM, he will receive the cap for that account of 2 million NEM. This hopefully will partly discourage an early concentration of NEM in a few accounts. "

Is this still in force. I want to buy some more ? or is necessary to split tokens to other accounts ?

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:15:00 AM

Hi twistelaar,

"9. Additional conversion condition: A maximum of 2 NEMstake tokens will be allowed to convert to NEM per one NXT account (with one unique NEM receiving account). That means if one account sends more than 2 NEMstake tokens back to the issuer account for NEM, he will receive the cap for that account of 2 million NEM. This hopefully will partly discourage an early concentration of NEM in a few accounts. "

Is this still in force. I want to buy some more ? or is necessary to split tokens to other accounts ?

I have been going on the assumption that I can have only two and that if I buy more there is the possibility that I will not be able to redeem more.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:16:01 AM

I don't see the point in a beta release.  A stripped down beta client traded on exchanges like Poloniex doesn't bring utility to anyone, except short term speculators who intend on dumping some weeks after launch.  Maybe this would had flied back in October 2013 but I feel standards may be higher now in the crypto community.

We already have a stripped down beta client - it's called Alpha.  We already have trading - it's called the token exchange.  If someone does not like it then they have the exit strategy of selling their tokens.   It just means a weak hand will let go and a stronger hand will take their place.     Long term stability is dependent that the community consists of holders and not dumpers looking to make a quick buck.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 01:43:23 AM

I don't see the point in a beta release.  A stripped down beta client traded on exchanges like Poloniex doesn't bring utility to anyone, except short term speculators who intend on dumping some weeks after launch.  Maybe this would had flied back in October 2013 but I feel standards may be higher now in the crypto community.

We already have a stripped down beta client - it's called Alpha.  We already have trading - it's called the token exchange.  If someone does not like it then they have the exit strategy of selling their tokens.   It just means a weak hand will let go and a stronger hand will take their place.     Long term stability is dependent that the community consists of holders and not dumpers looking to make a quick buck.

It's a hard balance between features and speed. We are planning to launch with at least a few features that other cryptos don't have. After "launch" I think it is safe to say that anyone who sells in the first half year is crazy, as we will still be adding many new features (we'll probably release a proposed roadmap/feature list at some point).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: