Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:26:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984157 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:31:18 AM

Thank you for posting amytheplanarshift that was a really exciting and interesting read Cool
just one little thing I think banks most likely very well know whats going on underneath them just right now its probably still just like peanuts to them as you say so they probably don't care much yet
Perhaps the bankers are smarter than Kodak or many of the other corporations who have shared a similar fate in recent history, but only time will tell. Smiley

Any currency, fiat or not, is threatened by alternatives. I'd wager bankers are well aware of the threat Crypto poses.

No doubt, they'll use their resources to manipulate crypto's to their gain. It's why i favored NEM's IPO with investment caps/requirements and other restrictions - it acts as a deterrent to any entity with large weath/resources from immediately crippling a currency like NEM at it's most vulnerable stage; the distribution.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

Someone explain the crowdsale...
http://altnemo.com/

How does buying $90 an ounce silver when the price is only $20 help anybody  Huh

Why not buy 2 ounces of silver and then with the left over $50 buy some NEMstake or use the money to buy NEM when it launches ...

We are selling on the NXT AE for 2500 NXT atm. 2500*0.026600 = $66.5 (not $90). This is also proof, bullion quality from the Perth Mint, not junk silver sold in bulk.

This includes:

• "special privileges" in AltNemo. This is likely to be worth much, much more than the coin costs
  • international, insured shipping (which costs more than the base metal
  • 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

See http://altnemo.com/ for all the various payment options.

If you look at how much silver bitcoins are selling for, I have seen 1 oz of silver from 2BTC - 15 BTC for one coin. These were not even minted by a famous mint like the Perth Mint, either. So I think the coins can easily be worth 10-30x what you pay now, once you consider everything. If you buy 6, you get 1 free, too.

Gold is selling for 47500 NXT atm, which is 47500*0.026600 = $1263, which is under spot price. Gold coins come with significantly more "special privileges" in AltNemo, as well, making this easily the best deal in crypto if you have $1200 sitting around (again, this price includes shipping).

Anyone on the original stakeholder list who buys a gold coin will get a free silver coin, too  Cheesy

Why is nemgold selling for such a considerable discount compared to nemsilver? How are you guys making any profit for the crowd funding selling below spot? And how come these have not been eaten up already?

Surely this is a no brainer or am I missing something here?

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:42:26 AM

Thank you for posting amytheplanarshift that was a really exciting and interesting read Cool
just one little thing I think banks most likely very well know whats going on underneath them just right now its probably still just like peanuts to them as you say so they probably don't care much yet
Perhaps the bankers are smarter than Kodak or many of the other corporations who have shared a similar fate in recent history, but only time will tell. Smiley

Any currency, fiat or not, is threatened by alternatives. I'd wager bankers are well aware of the threat Crypto poses.

No doubt, they'll use their resources to manipulate crypto's to their gain. It's why i favored NEM's IPO with investment caps/requirements and other restrictions - it acts as a deterrent to any entity with large weath/resources from immediately crippling a currency like NEM at it's most vulnerable stage; the distribution.

NEM is and was a voluntary association, not an IPO  Cool
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_association

But yes, I agree that UP's distribution plan was good. Only problem is that it took so much time to do taint analyses, etc. Glad I wasn't the one doing it Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:45:04 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 05:05:53 AM by makoto1337

How does buying $90 an ounce silver when the price is only $20 help anybody  Huh

Why not buy 2 ounces of silver and then with the left over $50 buy some NEMstake or use the money to buy NEM when it launches ...

We are selling on the NXT AE for 2500 NXT atm. 2500*0.026600 = $66.5 (not $90). This is also proof, bullion quality from the Perth Mint, not junk silver sold in bulk.

This includes:

• "special privileges" in AltNemo. This is likely to be worth much, much more than the coin costs
  • 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

If you look at how much silver bitcoins are selling for, I have seen 1 oz of silver from 2BTC - 15 BTC for one coin. These were not even minted by a famous mint like the Perth Mint, either. So I think the coins can easily be worth 10-30x what you pay now, once you consider everything. If you buy 6, you get 1 free, too.

Gold is selling for 47500 NXT atm, which is 47500*0.026600 = $1263, which is under spot price. Gold coins come with significantly more "special privileges" in AltNemo, as well, making this easily the best deal in crypto if you have $1200 sitting around (again, this price includes shipping).

Anyone on the original stakeholder list who buys a gold coin will get a free silver coin, too  Cheesy

Why is nemgold selling for such a considerable discount compared to nemsilver? How are you guys making any profit for the crowd funding selling below spot? And how come these have not been eaten up already?

Shipping and insurance are a significant portion of the silver's cost. Base metal is really only a small part.
Gold base metal costs more, but the shipping and insurance are only slightly higher than for silver. Packaging costs are the same.

I think the gold coins are an insane bargain. Problem is not many people have 48k NXT or 2 NEMstake sitting around.

If you want to buy bulk, we can probably arrange a significant discount, because it would be cheaper to ship (and shipping costs are really high!).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

How about Translation in Filipino(Tagalog. Country:Philippines)

You are game for that?

I'm a little discourage now lol. how hard is it? I got some free time.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:49:47 AM

You are game for that?

This is the file that needs to be translated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/master/nem-client-api/src/main/webapp/scripts/languages/english.js

Do you think you can do it?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
megashira1
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:50:44 AM

This includes:

• 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

Shipping and insurance are a significant portion of the silver's cost. Base metal is really only a small part.
Gold base metal costs more, but the shipping and insurance are only slightly higher than for silver. Packaging costs are the same.

We make profit by converting NXT into NEMstake. I think the gold coins are an insane bargain. Problem is not many people have 48k NXT or 2 NEMstake sitting around.

How does converting NXT to NEMstake equate to profit?

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:16:00 AM

You are game for that?

This is the file that needs to be translated: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/master/nem-client-api/src/main/webapp/scripts/languages/english.js

Do you think you can do it?

I will give it  whirl, but Some of the words will have to be in English still because filipinos
use a lot of English in their sentences. but I will do my best to have them all in Tagalog would that be ok.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:29:34 AM

You are game for that?

No worries. Never be discouraged! If you look at the NCC, all those interface words are what we want to translate to into Tagalog. As long as the words bear its right meaning in Tagalog (and not necessary literal translation), then this is what you need to do.

I don't think it is that hard as most words are standard interface words. Things like, current balance, recipient, sender, confirmation, transaction, statistics, details, fees, etc.

pm me your google email address if you are bold enough and I can give you a sample file to work on.  Wink
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:50:57 AM

I do not think the bank understands what Crypto 2.0 means just yet. If you look around you, all they talk about is Bitcoin and Bitcoin. They know next to nothing about anything else.

When I talk about the bank, I am talking about the decision makers, not the IT bloke in the IT department who may know a lot about Cryptos. But his voice won't be heard at the top.

They probably know about Bitcoins and their implications in general, but I doubt they know how big that "hole" is beneath them. They probably think that it is a small hole that they can "patch" and it shouldn't matter much.

Like Internet, when critical mass hits, it will be too late as the hole will be as powerful as a black hole! So, I still think it is a case of Kodak  being reenacted.

After all, about 2 milllion people know about cryptos in "more detail", of which maybe about 10K know HOW to design the black hole and probably another 100K know how to put that design to work and some of them are here in NEM. Smiley

The rest of the world only has periphery knowledge. If you go out there and talk to any banker you will most probably find these answers more common than the implications of Crypto 2.0:

I thought Mount Gox is dead? So, why are you talking about Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is scam/Ponzi
Bitcoin is money laundering
Bitcoin is used to finance crime and terrorism
Bitcoin is not supported by governments.

And finally, this is the greatest joke and it is real!!

An authority, ( I wouldn't name) but it is not a third world authority for sure, actually told someone who wanted to operate an exchange about this when Mt. Gox went bust - "So, now that Mt. Gox is dead, do you still need the MSB license?"

If the banks know about the consequences, they would have spent $100B and hoard all the bitcoins and control the crypto world. Like what Amy said, what is 100B when these banks are in control of tens of trillions. Money is just a digital print and is cheap. Besides, they are in control of regulators and can change the goal posts overnight so that they can invest in Cryptos.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 04:02:42 AM

This includes:

• 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

So, since it is surely a no brainer, get all your friends and relatives to buy the gold. You don't need to think.  Yes, you are in fact missing something here - that you are not buying any of the gold coins. Smiley
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 04:20:54 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 05:05:24 AM by makoto1337

This includes:

• 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

How does converting NXT to NEMstake equate to profit?

We are not making a huge profit, but we are coming out ahead enough to pay for mobile app dev, etc. The fact that silver and gold are so cheap right now really helps.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
cryptonut21

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:37:55 AM

seeing as theres allot of nxt supporters in nem this (super network IPO) might be of interest to some: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

Can Nem join the supernetwork in the Beta Version? Boolberry joined and is increasing price quite rapidily

I think we would have a good chance since they only want coins that are not copy paste. but what benefit does that give NEM aside from maybe a bull run? I havent fully understood the purpose of the supernetwork. Are we going to be able to trade coins on the supernetwork platform? 
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:23:52 PM

The SuperNetwork will kill the Dollar.   Tongue
Biochemical

Activity: 129

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:26:21 PM

You are right and supernetwork will make nxt and nem famous.
BestofSR

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:25:30 PM

..and us rich, LOL

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VqdA2ZZWSTn6UCfCHyDjmTuA3WeToPPa9k
tlincoln

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:42:10 PM

..and us rich, LOL

James has the Midas touch.
I read the open invitation (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.msg8561259#msg8561259 and http://www.jl777.org/supernetwork-ipo/)
Devs, is NEM going to be included in the SuperNET?
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

NEM?

Is NEM included in the SuperNet future plans?
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:51:18 PM

megashira1
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:04:31 PM

This includes:

• 100 NEM cold wallet
  • coin packaging

So, since it is surely a no brainer, get all your friends and relatives to buy the gold. You don't need to think.  Yes, you are in fact missing something here - that you are not buying any of the gold coins. Smiley

It was a question not a statement. I'm still bewildered by the lack of demand and will continue to ponder my decision. Maybe its the risk of resale or everyones just completely broke?

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: