Bitcoin Forum
August 11, 2024, 08:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984597 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:14:07 PM

I didn't read all 800 pages of the thread, but could someone explain (or link me to info) about building POI score?

It sounds like part of it is about holding at least 10,000 XEM for at least 48 hours. And part of it is about sending and/or receiving amounts to various different addresses. Are there other ways to realize a higher POI score as well?

I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere, so a link about it would be fine.

Thanks, and let's move to this new economy! It is very exciting!

Ditto I would like to know more, also what is NEMESIS?

PoI - short description: http://nem.io/faq.html#whats-poi

How to build the score? If your node is useful for the network (number of different transactions, amount of XEM held and other parameters go int the formula) - the score will rise. Creating dummy accounts and transfering XEM back and forth will not help...

NEMESIS - that was a term coined from NEM and Genesis... Genesis block is the first block that is created by devs of crypto to set initial stakeholders, amount of units/coins etc.. NEMs first block was called NEMESIS :-D
Tompa

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:16:26 PM

What does the "Due by (hours)" field do in the "Activate delegated harvesting" window? Is it fine if it's on 1?

It is fine whatever value you set there, the client will try to execute everythin immediately, but if something goes wrong (bad internet connection etc.) after the value set - the order will be canceled... It is like an interval during which the transaction will be tried to be executed.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:24:13 PM

Any news on other exchanges guys. whats the update?
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:25:51 PM

What does the "Due by (hours)" field do in the "Activate delegated harvesting" window? Is it fine if it's on 1?

It is fine whatever value you set there, the client will try to execute everythin immediately, but if something goes wrong (bad internet connection etc.) after the value set - the order will be canceled... It is like an interval during which the transaction will be tried to be executed.

Okay thanks! Smiley

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
Tompa

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:26:38 PM

I didn't read all 800 pages of the thread, but could someone explain (or link me to info) about building POI score?

It sounds like part of it is about holding at least 10,000 XEM for at least 48 hours. And part of it is about sending and/or receiving amounts to various different addresses. Are there other ways to realize a higher POI score as well?

I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere, so a link about it would be fine.

how much XEM can be earned from harvesting?

Not much... Depends on your Importance score but since none of us is a big whale no one earns a big amount of xem... Whoever is now harvesting is not doing that to increase his/hers wealth.
It is just an incentive to those who support the network and the fees serve as antispam measure...

With a normal stake (2,25 Mil XEM) I've been harvesting since the beginning mostly during the day and I've harvested 462 XEMs from 8 blocks and 4 of them had 0 xems (emtpy blocks with no transactions nor fees).  It is a lottery, you may find a block which will hold a 1000 xems in fees and also you may find a block with 0 (way more often).

Also your improtance score doesn't give you any insurance how often you'll find a block.. It is just your chance... I've had days where I found several blocks and today for example I haven't found one yet... it all depends...

Set up the delegated harvesting and forget about getting rich... In the end NEM is a movement with a fixed number of coins. No new ones are created... So as NEM grows so will # of transactions grow as well as fees - ergo the rewards to those running nodes/harvesting will increase as well. :-)
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 06:34:15 PM

Not much... Depends on your Importance score but since none of us is a big whale no one earns a big amount of xem... Whoever is now harvesting is not doing that to increase his/hers wealth.
It is just an incentive to those who support the network and the fees serve as antispam measure...

With a normal stake (2,25 Mil XEM) I've been harvesting since the beginning mostly during the day and I've harvested 462 XEMs from 8 blocks and 4 of them had 0 xems (emtpy blocks with no transactions nor fees).  It is a lottery, you may find a block which will hold a 1000 xems in fees and also you may find a block with 0 (way more often).

Also your improtance score doesn't give you any insurance how often you'll find a block.. It is just your chance... I've had days where I found several blocks and today for example I haven't found one yet... it all depends...

Set up the delegated harvesting and forget about getting rich... In the end NEM is a movement with a fixed number of coins. No new ones are created... So as NEM grows so will # of transactions grow as well as fees - ergo the rewards to those running nodes/harvesting will increase as well. :-)

Nice breakdown. thanks for that I get the picture now. Time to get my harvest on Smiley
Tompa

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:38:40 PM

Nice breakdown. thanks for that I get the picture now. Time to get my harvest on Smiley

We're here to help if you get stuck in the process.
If you haven't yet, join us on our official forum forum.ournem.com
Also check the tutorials: http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/
Bumberchute

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:47:17 PM

Great info here. Sorry to make you say stuff for probably the 100th time. Is there somewhere that people can share XEM addresses for the goal of all building up some importance? I would like to give some for selfish reasons Cheesy
Tompa

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Great info here. Sorry to make you say stuff for probably the 100th time. Is there somewhere that people can share XEM addresses for the goal of all building up some importance? I would like to give some for selfish reasons Cheesy

I'm glad you've asked: https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/spread-some-xem!/
gsxrl3oi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:09:07 PM

Man people need to stop that POW mind set. NEM(XEM) is about supporting the network. I'm harvesting but I don't care how much im goin to earn. I'll just leave mine running for the sake of XEM/ Smiley I know reward will come when we are the most trusted Crypto out there.
gsxrl3oi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:10:42 PM

With a normal stake (2,25 Mil XEM) I've been harvesting since the beginning mostly during the day and I've harvested 462 XEMs from 8 blocks and 4 of them had 0 xems (emtpy blocks with no transactions nor fees).  It is a lottery, you may find a block which will hold a 1000 xems in fees and also you may find a block with 0 (way more often).

I got a 1200 harvest and the others just plain 0, so you are right

I have way less than 2M btw

Found a block with 6, 4, 364, 1200. Im happy but I've found a few 0's as well.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:17:23 PM

Still waiting for an update from them.
gsxrl3oi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:30:24 PM

Still waiting for an update from them.

Thanks xtester. How about an update on our NEM SLV/GLD?
How is that one goin to be distributed to the original stake holders
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:55:02 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 08:06:40 PM by g3rszpi

WE NEEED MARKETING!
Marketing is there, and they are working pretty hard. The fact that they are not active here, doesn't mean they don't.
They are active on both forums and telegram. World does not end on BTT. If we will stay here, nem will die.
Thats why i've mentioned in one of my comments that the launch wasn't a big bummm , but only on nem forum and here

we are very active, I assure you.  we are the ones that made the nem.io website and all the tutorials at http://blog.nem.io/ we also are having lots of meeting behind the scenes.  if you would like to contribute please pm me and I'll explain how you can help.
you cant be serious?Huh :/
Yeah thanks also for your constructive post Mr. Smiley

5 idiots were posting there FUD, but 500 people were reading the FUD. So yeah I think it would be hours very well spend to explain things in that chat.
Thats what many Devs, marketers , etc can't understand regarding trollbox

5 idiots were posting there FUD, but 500 people were reading the FUD. So yeah I think it would be hours very well spend to explain things in that chat.

so tell me why you didn't do it ?
psybit said it. Instead of constantly demand some of you need to start doing.
LOL WTF?Huh I WAS THERE AND I FUCKING SPAMMED THAT SHIT TROLLBOX FULL WITH THE FAQ AND EVERYTHING: But sure... there were nem marketers to do that.....
Even then, I've posted there that we need some support at Poloniex and maybe poloniex isnt the best exchange, but nobody gave a damn fuck
xtester

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:07:53 PM

WE NEEED MARKETING!

Marketing is there, and they are working pretty hard. The fact that they are not active here, doesn't mean they don't.
They are active on both forums and telegram. World does not end on BTT. If we will stay here, nem will die.
Thats why i've mentioned in one of my comments that the launch wasn't a big bummm , but only on nem forum and here

we are very active, I assure you.  we are the ones that made the nem.io website and all the tutorials at http://blog.nem.io/ we also are having lots of meeting behind the scenes.  if you would like to contribute please pm me and I'll explain how you can help.

Like I sad, I can understand your concern. I think at the end of next week things should look a bit different on the marketing side. Anyway, please understand there is an order of doing things right with NEM. There are lots of uncertainties when finally releasing a platform like this. We are not here to pump&dump and run, but rather make sure the technical side works and naturally build with marketing and other stuff on top of that.

g3rszpi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:12:26 PM

Like I sad, I can understand your concern. I think at the end of next week things should look a bit different on the marketing side. Anyway, please understand there is an order of doing things right with NEM. There are lots of uncertainties when finally releasing a platform like this. We are not here to pump&dump and run, but rather make sure the technical side works and naturally build with marketing and other stuff on top of that.

Thanks for your answer. I can now clearly see(or at least figure out) what you guys are you working on and how some devs, and some marketers mentality it is. It's fuckin useless to share or at least outline some problems, ideas.
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:20:03 PM

Question for discussion:

Should exchanges be allowed to harvest?
xtester

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:22:16 PM

Thanks for your answer. I can now clearly see(or at least figure out) what you guys are you working on and how some devs, and some marketers mentality it is. It's fuckin useless to share or at least outline some problems, ideas.

No, actually it's not useless at all. It's good to share and outline. I was just pointing out why we decided to act differently and said the marketing side should start being fully visible next week. Everyone is working hard to prepare some things that would help NEM a lot and I think it will be worth it.
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 08:23:31 PM

WE NEEED MARKETING!

so tell me why you didn't do it ?
psybit said it. Instead of constantly demand some of you need to start doing.
LOL WTF?Huh I WAS THERE AND I FUCKING SPAMMED THAT SHIT TROLLBOX FULL WITH THE FAQ AND EVERYTHING: But sure... there were nem marketers to do that.....
Even then, I've posted there that we need some support at Poloniex and maybe poloniex isnt the best exchange, but nobody gave a damn fuck

Of course no one did.
First rule: "Never listen to the troll-box". At least, we don't take a support at Poloniex. Poloniex will take some support with us! Think about it.
At this stage (and may it will take min. another month), fear is your worst enemy. But also you know it better, as you know what you want, - And you are knowing, what it may could be worth and at least worth is to you! So, just know it better!
It's your money and at least your part of this whole idea! Finally, just show some patients guys.

Here it is: TakePart!
g3rszpi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:26:17 PM

Of course no one did.
First rule: "Never listen to the troll-box". At least, we don't take a support at Poloniex. Poloniex will take some support with us! Think about it.
At this stage (and may it will take min. another month), fear is your worst enemy. But also you know it better, as you know what you want, - And you are knowing, what it may could be worth and at least worth is to you! So, just know it better!
It's your money and at least your part of this whole idea! Finally, just show some patients guys.

Pages: « 1 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: