Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 [759] 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:11:03 AM

Meanwhile, no buy support until 72 on Polo.

Noob traders freaked out after one guy did the old trick of selling a big chunk of coins into his own buy wall. (educated guess)

I think you've shown your hand my friend. It's obvious to me your early trolling was to edge the price down as you invested. Clearly you now want the price to rise. Sorry to break this to you but the reason the price is dropping is cause this coin has very little real future not trading tricks. Im not saying that to be a dick Im saying it cause there are many coins like this, better ones even with far less marketcap. If this coin deserves to be in the top 10 of market cap then Qora does too. I don't expect that to happen either.

If I went to some old Bitcoin forum from 2009 - 2012, there were probably countless posts throughout the years from whiners and other lunatics and yet nobody today remembers or cares about them.  There are some coins that just went through an UI update but lipstick on a pig is still a pig and it's just hiding the lack of other development.

NEM's ecosystem doesn't exist (what do you it expect it just came out) but there's no such thing as a coin out there with equal or better core mechanics.  NEM has NIS, NCC, Eigentrust++, PoI and was the result of professional test-driven development.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:15:17 AM

Noob traders freaked out after one guy did the old trick of selling a big chunk of coins into his own buy wall. (educated guess)

I think you've shown your hand my friend. It's obvious to me your early trolling was to edge the price down as you invested. Clearly you now want the price to rise. Sorry to break this to you but the reason the price is dropping is cause this coin has very little real future not trading tricks. Im not saying that to be a dick Im saying it cause there are many coins like this, better ones even with far less marketcap. If this coin deserves to be in the top 10 of market cap then Qora does too. I don't expect that to happen either.

If I went to some old Bitcoin forum from 2009 - 2012, there were probably countless posts throughout the years from whiners and other lunatics and yet nobody today remembers or cares about them.  There are some coins that just went through an UI update but lipstick on a pig is still a pig and it's just hiding the lack of other development.

NEM's ecosystem doesn't exist (what do you it expect it just came out) but there's no such thing as a coin out there with equal or better core mechanics.  NEM has NIS, NCC, Eigentrust++, PoI and was the result of professional test-driven development.

While I agree, if this great development never gets utilized by the masses it was all in vain. And right now it feels like a big BTCT circlejerk. There is no hype elsewhere.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:26:35 AM

If I went to some old Bitcoin forum from 2009 - 2012, there were probably countless posts throughout the years from whiners and other lunatics and yet nobody today remembers or cares about them.  There are some coins that just went through an UI update but lipstick on a pig is still a pig and it's just hiding the lack of other development.

NEM's ecosystem doesn't exist (what do you it expect it just came out) but there's no such thing as a coin out there with equal or better core mechanics.  NEM has NIS, NCC, Eigentrust++, PoI and was the result of professional test-driven development.

While I agree, if this great development never gets utilized by the masses it was all in vain. And right now it feels like a big BTCT circlejerk. There is no hype elsewhere.

Jeffrey Robinson himself has written a book on bitcoin (even uses the word hype in the deceiving sense) and it is inspirational to anybody who wants to take BTC or Crypto viral.  I would also recommend Butt Coin subreddit on Reddit (mostly for a laugh but some posts can be really enlightening).  Both that book and subreddit tells you what the problems are and once you know the problems then you can rectify some solutions.

The principle issue, for me at least, here is a lack of product.  Sure there's countless middle men who want to take your butts and take a finder's fee on it, e.g., Coinbase and BitPay, but there is no actual product for the 7 billion people on the planet.   In fact, beyond Alt Nemo and NODEpay (and the 17 year olds selling their t-shirts), there doesn't seem to be any initiatives aimed at product creation which people need.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:30:49 AM

If I went to some old Bitcoin forum from 2009 - 2012, there were probably countless posts throughout the years from whiners and other lunatics and yet nobody today remembers or cares about them.  There are some coins that just went through an UI update but lipstick on a pig is still a pig and it's just hiding the lack of other development.

NEM's ecosystem doesn't exist (what do you it expect it just came out) but there's no such thing as a coin out there with equal or better core mechanics.  NEM has NIS, NCC, Eigentrust++, PoI and was the result of professional test-driven development.

Jeffrey Robinson himself has written a book on bitcoin (even uses the word hype in the deceiving sense) and it is inspirational to anybody who wants to take BTC or Crypto viral.  I would also recommend Butt Coin subreddit on Reddit (mostly for a laugh but some posts can be really enlightening).  Both that book and subreddit tells you what the problems are and once you know the problems then you can rectify some solutions.

The principle issue, for me at least, here is a lack of product.  Sure there's countless middle men who want to take your butts and take a finder's fee on it, e.g., Coinbase and BitPay, but there is no actual product for the 7 billion people on the planet.   In fact, beyond Alt Nemo and NODEpay (and the 17 year olds selling their t-shirts), there doesn't seem to be any initiatives aimed at product creation which people need.

Hmmm very interesting/intriguing point to the discussion. Thanks for that.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:38:34 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 06:41:31 AM by jabo38

To be clear, the NEM team did give you compassion. You lost it once and they replaced it for you. Maidsafe or Ethereum or Storj or any other coin that I know of did that. Then after launch you lost it again.

That really sucks and I feel bad for you, but really the NEM team can't just give away NEM to everyone who lost there money. Banks don't do that, employers don't do that, hardly anybody does.  It's simply a very poor business move to give away XEM to everybody who lost their XEM. If it was somehow the devs fault though, I'm sure they would replace the XEM out of their own pocket.

kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:41:07 AM

The product is digital money and smart contracts, which at the moment isn't in hot demand, like a gas mask  in peace time. Crypto adoption depends almost entirely on the liklihood of global financial collapse of fiat currencies, and when that looks imminent the most user friendly cryptos with even a modest network effect todate will explode. The rest will die. Crypto isn't needed by the masses until they need it, which isn't now. Anon coins as digitial cash are needed now, so they're probably a better investment today.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:46:27 AM

We need a bartering website for NEM. What do you guys think? That's one way to move NEM around
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:47:55 AM

As I promised almost 1 year ago that i would release a full node explorer for Nem, here it is...  Roll Eyes

http://www.nodeexplorer.com

API: http://nodeexplorer.com/api

Feedback, Questions And Donations Are Welcome

NA5NCN-5AIKIP-X2UHD7-SVC7R5-YHGYLC-GNMEAN-SMDJ

That's really amazing! I'll tip you later today.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
From Above

Merit: 520

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:48:06 AM

oh crimi, thats awesome one! thx

hi fellow nemsters!
plz help unmask those who illegally claimed nemstake on cost of honest nemsters:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1013545.0

thx

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 02:59:28 AM

oh crimi, thats awesome one! thx

hi fellow nemsters!
plz help unmask those who illegally claimed nemstake on cost of honest nemsters:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1013545.0

thx

Any concerns that could incorrectly be associated with Nodecoin with the name similarities?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

From Above

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:02:06 AM

@crimi
there is 1 small little glitch with ur block explorer- where the logo is supposed to be it says "admin yukon" like 2 secs after loading

From Above

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:04:24 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 02:44:05 PM by From Above

Any concerns that could incorrectly be associated with Nodecoin with the name similarities?

nothing to do with node- just analyzis of btct accounts and nemstake registered list

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:20:48 AM

I saw the launch of NEM a few days back. I have NEMstake (Nxt AE) and need to know how to redeem. Is there an extended redemption period? TIA

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:56:11 AM

How can I know the vested balance of this address ?
NBYT55-LNKJXI-N6LEZ7-XWOLR4-QZOBQ2-UGEVHI-LIG4

Thanks you

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:06:44 AM

Which one is NEM's "official" subreddit, /r/nem or /r/ournem?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:09:57 AM

Still guessing whats in the blackbox.

That's a sweet render!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:10:23 AM

/r/ournem  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:18:12 AM

We need the anthem NEM. It has to be some all in the world recognizable music. That at its sounding people knew that this music of NEM Smiley

We have a NEM anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6EaJ7kvBHg
Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:20:56 AM

Hi guys how's your Node/NAS/NXT Shitcoin doing?

That moment you realise your coin is just one of many and isn't going to be creating any new economy anything soon. Lolololollolololol

FuckingNEM = Eigentrust--  Grin Grin Grin

- first use of Eigentrust++ in a cryptocurrency for securing the P2P network
(This allows each node to know if the node next to it is being honest and if not, then not listen to it)

The EigenTrust Algorithm for Reputation Management in P2P Networks :
http://ilpubs.stanford.edu:8090/562/1/2002-56.pdf

We implement EigenTrust++, which is an improved version: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.258.9605

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:21:10 AM

/r/ournem  Smiley

Really?

But in /r/nem, the following is written.
"Welcome to NEM community's official home on reddit. This is an ongoing work in progress."

And the member of /r/nem is 201, and the member of /r/ournem is 32 persons.
Pages: « 1 ... 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 [759] 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: