Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 [1899] 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ormin79

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 02:39:28 PM

Is there a bigger picture?. Yep, for sure. In this bigger picture nothing was delivered. Literally nothing. Usage of this phantastic blockchain and technology behind it is marginal so far. NEM Foundation has years of hard work now, before some visible changes will occur. I wish good work in the shades. Especially in 2019 and 2020. Winter is coming (in cryptosphere of course). And the game of throne will last many years too. Who will be the winner? Time will tell. I hope in NEM (in contrary to everything that price chart now says).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:45:10 PM

Is there a bigger picture?. Yep, for sure. In this bigger picture nothing was delivered. Literally nothing. Usage of this phantastic blockchain and technology behind it is marginal so far. NEM Foundation has years of hard work now, before some visible changes will occur. I wish good work in the shades. Especially in 2019 and 2020. Winter is coming (in cryptosphere of course). And the game of throne will last many years too. Who will be the winner? Time will tell. I hope in NEM (in contrary to everything that price chart now says).

Why not use your real account instead of these newbie accounts?

FUD much, techies lost a bunch of $$$ in their traditional markets and obviously techies are invested in BTC and other cryptos thus they are trying to recoup their losses for trusting greedy actors in the traditional stock market.

Been here a few years, it's all cycles.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:29:59 PM

FUD much, techies lost a bunch of $$$ in their traditional markets and obviously techies are invested in BTC and other cryptos thus they are trying to recoup their losses for trusting greedy actors in the traditional stock market.

i'm really not sure that techies re invested in BTC and other cryptos. Rather, i thinkt that they are not invested  in BTC and other cryptos, maybe a very poor part of their investment.
lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:10:07 PM

i'm really not sure that techies re invested in BTC and other cryptos. Rather, i thinkt that they are not invested  in BTC and other cryptos, maybe a very poor part of their investment.

Pointless trying to talk to FUD, the word 'techie' says it all.  Roll Eyes
ormin79

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 11:01:30 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 12:41:42 PM by ormin79

I have only one account, very rare used, but i know that my word have no power to convince anyone, especially suspicious one. My posts are not FUD. I have simply other point of view. I know that lowering price of XEM may hurt, but for so hard believer even few cents should be only temporary setback of project valuation, and good opportunity to accumulate. If NEM Foundation will be honest in their work, there is no reson to have fear. Failures from the past, should be however reworked and rethinked. That's not FUD too. Everyone makes mistakes, but only fools tend to repeat their bad moves.

And for now XEMUSD tries to defy this market massacre (like XRP or STR). 8 cents was tested and if it will be defended there are some chances for bounce. But Bitcoin must stop his downmove. Under 4000 in case of BTC, XEM is poised to go lower (whatever, temporary or not). Cheers.
satb

Activity: 202
Merit: 30

forum.nem.io

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 04:51:13 PM

Looks like top 10 on CMC is within reach at these volumes.

lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:00:06 PM

I have only one account, very rare used, but i know that my word have no power to convince anyone, especially suspicious one. My posts are not FUD. I have simply other point of view. I know that lowering price of XEM may hurt, but for so hard believer even few cents should be only temporary setback of project valuation, and good opportunity to accumulate. If NEM Foundation will be honest in their work, there is no reson to have fear. Failures from the past, should be however reworked and rethinked. That's not FUD too. Everyone makes mistakes, but only fools tend to repeat their bad moves.

And for now XEMUSD tries to defy this market massacre (like XRP or STR). 8 cents was tested and if it will be defended there are some chances for bounce. But Bitcoin must stop his downmove. Under 4000 in case of BTC, XEM is poised to go lower (whatever, temporary or not). Cheers.

Inactive troll account sitting on the sidelines, lot of us have seen these tactics before.

Nothing new. Yawn.  Roll Eyes
satb

Activity: 202
Merit: 30

forum.nem.io

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 02:08:13 PM

Believe me or not, but in 2019 there will be no significant bulltrend on broad cryptomarket (the same in case of stocks markets). Only pumps&dumps (bultraps). You expect new bubble after so short time from the previous one? This expectation can lead to failure. I expect new bubble somwhere in 2021/22, after few years of bleeding. But for sure, if You want accumulate some coins cheap now (like XEM) You must also have plan, what if the holding time will last years, not months. Moneymanagement is in this case powerful strategy. Of course You can buy XEM @ 10 or 5 cent and wait for pump. But i am almost sure, that after 2x, 3x or x5 (from dip) pump up, many of speculators will not sell much XEMs, because they will be e waiting for 2 or 10 dollars, in hope for new buble. As i said, there is fast no hope for new bubble in 2019 nor 2020.

Now i expect in November/December some huge event (some bankruptcy of huge bank or something like that i Eurozone). This can give high volatility, and in cryptosphere too. Unexpected, erratic moves of prices are possible, and awaited by me, only from speculator view, not from longterm investor view.

Agree.  The Crypto winter is likely to extend throughout 2019 early 2020, any shorter are dead cat bounces. The next real bull run isn't likely to start until end of 2020 and the next ATH / bubble towards the end of 2021.  You'll need an exit position.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:35:55 PM

look at the trading volume with growth in 2017 and compare with the volume of the end of 2018, the volume grows means someone buys it.

Well, if volume grows and but price dumps then it means that there are more sellers than buyers. Of course there are buyers which knows what is behind NEM and wait for the breakthrough that will come. But there are also bots which buy and sell want drives the volume, too.

Pointless talking to those who look at these coins as just another stock market.

They don't see the bigger picture.

can you tell us more about this bigger picture? i really like nem, but sadly i can't see right now good project based on its blockchain. For example, petro, was a delusion.. Sad

lol
Petro ended up going with DASH!

There are many great projects building on NEM still in the works Wink

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:17:40 AM

Some wallets are being released, but the flagship wallet must not be left in the cold. Once reviewed, if our wallet is unable to suck, it might be able to bring their alternative and 'brand' as an 'official' NEM wallet. Raccoons and Meters are both very great.
ormin79

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 08:51:01 PM

Haha. But i'am not a troll. Real troll is from now on ignored by me (only for playing like a discarded plate, if i will se that the plate is new and not repeating i could unignore, but to be honest - who cares).

Beside that.The price of XEM is painful for me. Its hard to watch, but i must throw away my emotions and be practical. This dumptrend will be ended in this weekend maybe few days after that (with flash crash before move up). And that is not only hope. Mathemathics not lie. XEM will have huge pump. If temporary, okay - nothing new in case of market. I wish You all, even for those ignored, but ecpecially for NEM supporters Good Luck! Price is only poor and highly manipulated valuation of this project.
SheldonLeeCooper

Activity: 434
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:31:22 PM

Thor Network, the leading atomic-swap-powered DEX, announced a strategic partnership with NEM, one of the leading blockchain platforms, on November 22, 2018 to accelerate cross-chain technology developments and promote blockchain industry awareness.

https://medium.com/thor-network-blog/thor-network-dex-partners-with-nem-blockchain-1ec5b2a39698
lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:32:12 AM

Haha. But i'am not a troll. Real troll is from now on ignored by me (only for playing like a discarded plate, if i will se that the plate is new and not repeating i could unignore, but to be honest - who cares).

Beside that.The price of XEM is painful for me. Its hard to watch, but i must throw away my emotions and be practical. This dumptrend will be ended in this weekend maybe few days after that (with flash crash before move up). And that is not only hope. Mathemathics not lie. XEM will have huge pump. If temporary, okay - nothing new in case of market. I wish You all, even for those ignored, but ecpecially for NEM supporters Good Luck! Price is only poor and highly manipulated valuation of this project.

Date Registered:    September 09, 2016, 11:46:07 AM

Using one of his troll accounts that hardly has any activity.

Roll Eyes Cheesy Roll Eyes Cheesy
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:00:20 AM

from

Inside_NEM
NEM Foundation
6h
NEM Foundation Council Elections Announcement
On November 21, 2018, the Council held a follow-up meeting to the Extraordinary General Meeting in regard to issues with the upcoming elections for the 2019–2020 seats. Nearly all votes to approve these decisions were unanimous.

1. Accounts With a Closely Shared Source May Not Vote

Each individual member must have funded their own single voting account. Membership accounts that were funded from a source that previously funded other membership accounts will not be able to vote in the upcoming election.

The test is whether each membership account can be connected to another account within two generations of funding transactions. If so, only the first chronologically paid membership account will have voting rights, provided that such account applied for membership. All other accounts receiving funding from or giving funds to that account may not vote. If membership accounts are separated by three or more generations of transactions, they will have voting rights. These rules may be subject to some case-by-case examination.

Although we can’t show every possible scenario, please see the diagrams at the end of this page to help clarify.

2. Accounts Funded From Binance Require Verification

There are two large groups of accounts funded from Binance that are cause for concern. Instead of a blanket removal, we are allowing each person who funded his or her own membership account through his or her own individual Binance account to have voting rights if they verify the Binance transaction that funded their account.

Every membership account funded from Binance must provide a screenshot of the transaction history from their individual Binance account showing the transaction used to fund their membership account. The screenshot must also show the email address associated with that Binance account.

The deadline for providing this verification is November 27, 11:59 UTC.

We will send an email to all accounts that require this verification. If a Binance-funded membership account does not provide this verification by the deadline, that membership account will not be allowed to vote.

3. New Election Date Is Dec 14, 2018

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to implement these changes without pushing back the election date. Elections will be delayed by one week, and will otherwise still take place according to previous plans.

The new dates for voting will be December 10th — 14th, 2018.

4. Apostille Formatting Issues

Community members have noted that a few candidates submitted documents that contained formatting mistakes. On examination, these accidental rule infractions are not severe enough to warrant disqualification. The Foundation understands the concerns around this and affirms the importance of following rules, but in this case zero tolerance for mistakes would not serve the interest of a good election.

5. Multiple Votes Per Open Seat Allowed

At the request of many community members, voters will now be allowed to vote for as many candidates as they want within each category. For example, there are six council member seats available. Previously, each voter could only vote for one council candidate. This has changed so that each voter can now vote for one, two, six, ten, or any other number of council candidates.

6. Additional Note From the Council

NEM has always prided itself on its community. Uncertainty around this election has caused stress and conflict, testing the strength of this community. The Council takes its responsibility seriously and we apologize for these problems. Our highest priority is to ensure the process is carried out with fairness and due care. We are grateful for everyone who contributes to the success of NEM.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:02:56 PM

What is your definition for 'troll' ?

If you check ormin's posts, there is mostly more content than in your posts Smiley

Newbie trolls are usually just writing: "moon hhahahhaha",   "hello im new here. whatsup".

ormin started his career here with course statistics, what may mean that he is just one investor oriented member.
ofc he may be a clever "troll" who gives only such data which is suitable for his intentions - but that is what we all are doing here Wink
Dent_Talen777

Activity: 27
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:08:29 PM

Here's a stopthecoverup performance:
I have been part of NEM for a long time. This is an emergency so I am speaking out. Everything here is documented in emails and text logs, which others can leak if they see fit.

Lon Wong was the NEM Foundacion president for 2017-2018. He suddenly “stepped down” in April 2018. In reality Lon was forced out because he was caught putting NEM resources and employees to his own company, ProximaX. In other words, stealing. And abusing the trust placed in him to act in the best interests of NEM. In fact, ProximaX is a fork and can be seen as a competitor to NEM and would likely step in to take NEM’s place if NEM did poorly. This was all covered up.

Kristof Vanderek took over as interim president until the end of 2018, when NEM community planned to elect a new president and council members.

Now the election is happening. This is the first time using this election rules and they were discovered to have major flaws in allowing fake voters. In the middle of 2018 the staff saw that hundreds of people (in one certain country) who were not involved in NEM had been signed up to vote. Kristof needs to release this information. Which country was that?

Lon’s lifetime friend Stephen Chia is the regional head of NEM Southeast Asia. Stephen is on the NEM Foundacion council. Stephen owns a large stake in ProximaX in his public accounts, and may own a lot more privately. Stephen stands to profit if ProximaX over take NEM’s business.

Stephen is now running for president of NEM, and Lon has promoted his campaign.

Kristof asked the council to change the voting rules to a more fair system. Stephen (and Nelson Valero) are thought to have blocked it and will not answer questions if they did. Kristof said the council worked on this since June and have kept hitting road blocks. Time was running out so the council compromised with a system that required a 50 USD fee as a spam prevention to stop people from signing up if they were not willing to put their own money into the success of the election.

Nelson was caught paying his own funds to other peoples voting accounts, against the purpose of the fee. Many other voting accounts were funded from a ProximaX account. It is estimated that there only 300 voting accounts and about 80 of them were paid for by ProximaX and its interests. These are NOT people who were involved in the NEM community, forums, development, or investing. Here is evidence. https://coggle.it/diagram/W-s6LTnK8iR79jfC/t/ndbrufe7r5oanede43vctmuvrhti6xz7tqfvntmu/be8d7b37ddc4e1bb7a8c3a4c9d6549ad1c0a389e9a9c2cdcea240ebb426a1302 26

Nelson has been asked directly by the community if he is taking money or working for ProximaX and has not yet answered direct questions. Is he acting as their employee? (Almost certainly yes.)

In the last 24 hours the council took a vote to switch the elections to POI voting, which is how all previous voting have been done. All other council voted yes but Stephen and Nelson blocked it.

The council wants to review and possibly remove some election voting accounts which cheated the spam prevention. Stephen and Nelson seem to trying to block this.

The reasonable conclusion is that Stephen and possibly Nelson are profiting from ProximaX, and seeking to cheat the election by blocking POI or other fair voting and paying non-community members to register. With their 80+ accounts they can win president, vice president, and stack the entire council with ProximaX people, against the community and NEM employees. They can massively divert NEM funds into ProximaX, or just crash NEM and ProximaX would rise in importance as NEM falls.

The other council members and the community must stop covering up this.

COUNCIL come in the open about why Lon was forced to step down.

COUNCIL, look at the NEM rules, laws, and constitution for malfeasance or conflict of interest. There are rules about acting against the interest of NEM.

ProximaX has been shown to have improperly taken NEM resources. (Lon was running ProximaX when he stole.) If Nelson and/or Steven was taking money or being an employee from a company that is known to have stolen from NEM, that is council member malfeasance and conflict of interest. Stephen clearly has a conflict of interest as a ProximaX stake holder AND as a candidate. One or both of their conflicted council votes must be removed or recused and a new fair POI council vote should happen.

Community members, if you agree, please let the council members know. Core developers, we need you to contact the council to tell them they are obligated to remove malfeasance.

I invite any one to dispute any thing here and see if the emails and document leaks come out to prove it.

STEPHEN MUST RECUSE FROM COUNCIL VOTE!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:13:13 PM

As far as I know NEM together with PAL Network signed MoU about collaboration and partnership with KeySafeBank (Singapore’s newest third-party institutional- grade custodian service). Does this means that institutional investors interesting in NEM and PAL and going to invest? Any chance to see NEM and PAL at instituional platforms (like Bakkt or Fidential) ?

https://www.blockasia.io/keysafebank-nem-singapore-and-pal-network-to-collaborate-on-institutional-grade-custodian-digital-assets-vault/
my_cryptos

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:30:27 PM

Today the market is recovering and this coin starts to go up. I want to believe that we are on the verge of a trend change.

ormin79

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 07:47:47 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2018, 11:42:26 AM by ormin79

What is your definition for 'troll' ?

If you check ormin's posts, there is mostly more content than in your posts Smiley

Newbie trolls are usually just writing: "moon hhahahhaha",   "hello im new here. whatsup".

ormin started his career here with course statistics, what may mean that he is just one investor oriented member.
ofc he may be a clever "troll" who gives only such data which is suitable for his intentions - but that is what we all are doing here Wink

Jkoil, thanks for Your practical point of view.

There was pump before dump (from around 10cents to 12.5 cents, in case of Poloniex even 15 - dip was around 8 cents but that was extremum), and now it's easy to see and say that all it looks like dump before profitable pump. All the game is now to catch the dip. I had described here my accumulation levels. But i am not here for trolling, even for clever trolling. Everyone must do Your own research before the decision to get in or not. Market is now scary place. But one man says - Be greedy, when the others have fear, other however says - money loves silence. So after dip i will be very silent here. What are my targets. x4 from dip is minimum to me to say that entry was worth the risk. With 6000 broken (i expect Bitcoins temporary landing around 3000, but in the longer perspective - next year, repeating searching of final dip until around January 2020 - maybe even under 2000, big fishes anounced few days ago 1500 as theirs target) @BTC there is fast no chance for new ATH in case of XEM (and many others) in this or in the next year. I write fast no chance, because there are somethimes gamechangers situations in the world, that can change everything, ecpecially technical analysis and mathematical and astrological readings. Greetings for all.

edit// 6cents @Bittrex (calculated from XEMBTC, 6.3cent) almost touched. That was one of my expected levels. But other are for now possible for testing, from now to around 7th December (5, 3.5, 2.5, 1.5 and 1 cent). As i heave some for 6.5 cents, from this levels i choose 2.5 and 1 cent for catching other chunks of this cake(i dont believe in 1 cent, but cryptomarkets are learning humility constantly, so all is possible). But if area around 5/6 cents will be confirmed as a new dip, then okay, that is level from which i will be waiting for significant correction of this annoying downtrend, and x4 pump (de minimis). The main rule that i use is not accumulate for all in, only in chunks (especially in crashing markets). The other rule is that for XEM i will not use more than 2% of my whole capital calculated in dollars, japanise yen and polish zloty. For Ripple i will use the same rule. Nothing more than 2% throwed in that (splitted in chunks of course). Money management is the key if something will go wrong with "investitions" (let's be honest - speculations) like this. The other thing is, that 10% of "invested" money (so 0.2%) should not be cashouted after profit taking, instead of that should be holded for years. That's all from my methodology (i dont show here of course how i calculate levels nor times of expected market volatility - it's my private mystery and i'am not a prophet, better to say "theory of probability" player).
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Today the market is recovering and this coin starts to go up. I want to believe that we are on the verge of a trend change.

I don't think this will happen anytime soon. As long as BTC is cheerleading, there is no decouping.
Pages: « 1 ... 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 [1899] 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: