Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:17:48 PM

Just so no one is fooled, I am Makoto1337 not makotol337 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=372714).

makotol337 is sending messages to people claiming to be me. My profile is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=220156

BTT is full of scammers, so be careful.

Have you reported the guy?

If not, let's do this.
xtester

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:41:01 PM

lordoliver - But if people don't know about cryptos how where they able to take part in the NEM that was given away at the start of the project?

amytheplanarshift - thank you for the civilized reply. I agree about POI, that is what drew me to NEM. I understand there could be no 100% equal opportunity, all I am saying is that why are people against giving away some NEM to those who don't know what crypto can do for them or to those that can't afford it? I am not talking about giving them full stakes, just a small amount.

What if some of the development funds  goes to making an online store that sells NEM t-shirts (someone already made some nice ones), usb sticks, keychains, coffee mugs, just some small items that won't cost much to get made and shipped out so people that are new to cryptos can see how fast and easy it is to use. I think people learn faster by doing instead of being told. I haven't put much thought in to this idea so I am sure there are some faults with it.

If NEM is truly a movement then we should try to help as many as we can.

its all good and well wanting to do that.. but how do you decide who to give some nem to? how do you decide between joe and john? so it falls back to equal opportunity.. if we say we will give free nem to the first 1000 random people who join website x or something, then the original argument of "people don't know about cryptos the give away so how where they able to take part in the NEM the give away" can also be applied to the solution you put forward for that very same problem.. there is no solution to that problem other than what amy put forward which is obviously a pointless effort.

nothing will ever be completely fair and no not everyone will ever get "equal opportunity" but doing things the way nem has done so far seems to be the best procedure thus far when your intention is inclusion of the largest number of people in the most "equal" way possible with out bias towards the wealth of the users.

in terms of setting up a shop selling mugs and key chains so regular joe saop can use nem.. well tbh joe soap couldnt give two sh%ts about key chains mugs or USB's from the "Nem shop". to get joe soap interested, nem would need to have everyday utility.. in order for nem to have the utility required for joe soap to make use or even care about nem we need huge infrastructure to be built up for nem and for sevices that joe soap cares about to make use of the nem protocol. in order for this infrastructure to built we need to bring in those who can build it and support nem in their existing platforms.. joe soap cant do that.. so trying to get joes soap involved at this stage is ludicrous. we need to bring in first those who can build the required infrastructure and setting up a shop or giving away a couple nem to people who have no idea about crypto is NOT going to get the infrastructure built.

i see it as steps on a stair case.. first you need to build the foundations being the code and the original community.. then you move on to bringing in other people(investors, coders, business men) from within the crypto niche in order to grow the base network effect and the value of the coin(which is obviously highly important) and to also start building the infrastructure required. once nem reaches critical mass where so many people from with in crypto and on the outer boarders of crypto are involved in nem, investing, building infrastructure, coding new features, writing articles, spreading the word, growing the network effect through all the necessary avenues, and most of all building the foundations for which joe soap en masse can adopt nem, will joe soap actually start to see value and begin to adopt nem.

if we skip the steps in the middle, and start giving nem to joe soap so early the plan could fall flat on its face and fail miserably. aurora coin is a perfect example.. they handed out a shed load of their coins to thousands of joe soaps all getting equal amounts.. and where are they now?? those coins were DOA when they reached joe soap. and did joe soap give two hoots? no.. cos the infrastructure and services needed to make joe soap give a crap were not their and probably would never have been built because of the fact that the coins were just handed out to joe soaps all over iceland.

my point is.. leaping forward to hand out nem to how ever many joe soaps who know nothing about nem would most likely have little or no affect on the overall nem economy or maybe even a negative one. let the infrastructure be built, let services be created and let nem become actually useful in some way shape or form before handing them out like sweets to anyone who will take them because they will not appreciate what you have just given them in the slightest.. they will not see the potential.. and they most likely will not benefit the nem economy at all until they actually want nem..

A car won't help someone if they don't know how to drive or have a place to park it. We need to find a way to teach people to use cryptos to free themselves from economic oppression by the big banks and governments. Part of the "movement" of NEM should be to spread the word to those around you. It's be cool to use some of the unclaimed stakes to give out to people who spread the word, similar to how Stellar did it.

However, unlike Stellar, we should have some guarantee that unique people are really being reached and also we need to not just give NEM away, but rather give knowledge of how people can achieve financial freedom from corrupt institutions.

This is a hard problem to solve, but if anyone has any ideas, please post them.

We need to find a way to teach people to create value and become producers as opposed to a consumers, since ultimately this seems to be the key to financial freedom. What's more interesting though is that this principle seems to work to some moderate degree even with current corrupt institutions.

As said before I think the solutions for NEM is to make things intuitively simple and extremely attractive. If we'll be able to shift the psychological effort from the people to us, we will create a system where the people will literally feel tempted to use it, and the only thing they will have to do is not resist, i.e. not do anything and go with the flow. If things would reach that point they will become unstoppable.
xtester

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:48:42 PM

So what this has boiled down to is instead of the NXT 71+ stake holders, NEM now has ~3000 stake holders with 96% of the NEM coins.   Only 4% of the NEM coins will be available for general distribution to Joe Public.  The only way that Joe Public will be able to acquire any NEM if by purchasing at an inflated cost.   This appears to be just another pump and potential dump of an alt-coin.   

I am not sure how long this post will last on this moderated thread, but for however long it does so be it.

okie

Oh no, NEM is a scam, and a pump and dump and unfair. Now please dump all the NEM to me, make it quick.

Funny, right? Wink
faithinnewcryptos

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:55:37 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 01:15:39 AM by faithinnewcryptos

is NEM in James Supernet? then it has future! Cool
maybe same like ltc to bitcoin, nem silver brother to nxt?

excited for nem launch !!!

hey xtester what is Black swan farmer. ? Smiley
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:10:59 AM

is NEM in James Supernet? then it has future! Cool
maybe same like ltc to bitcoin, nem silver brother to nxt?
excited for nem launch !!!
hey xtester what is Black swan farmer. ? Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_swan_theory

=)

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 02:13:40 AM

My 2 cents on the notion of giving stakes to celebs / crypto leaders:

DO IT! Please do what you can to broaden and deepen the community..

The question is: WHO should do it? Should the developers arbitrarily give out stakes based on poorly responded polls open to all of BTT or Nem forms? no.

Start a fund. Collect donations. Band together and tackle ventures like this as a community. Get people to toss in spare NXT and buy up as much NEMStake as you can. Let the donors decide who gets the stakes. That's how it should be done.

I think donations are a pretty good idea and do really show just who people are serious about.

Realistically, the people willing and able to donate will be much smaller than one might think. Since we are real world people, I think the people willing to donate will mirror the real world (which means people won't donate much). But people do tend to donate if they feel like they are getting matched. That's why retirement funds are matched. Otherwise people wouldn't donate at all. What about some kind of large matching fund?

I also like the idea of the development team sponsoring a tweet fund for Ashton. Like everytime a NEMster tweets him, the devs give him 1,000 NEM. Then Ashton would be like, "Why are all these people tweeting me so I can get NEM?"

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:18:40 AM

everybody begins with an equal opportunity

This is true as long as you:

1: Have money
2: Already know about cryptos.

The same can be said about a company that releases an stock IPO, if you have the money and know about the IPO then you have an equal opportunity.

I would like to hear plans for NEM on how it will get average joe involved. Do you expect them to buy NEM when they have no clue what it is or how it works?
How will people in third world countries get NEM?

Maybe I am misunderstanding what the NEM movement is, is it to help all people with financial freedom and equality of opportunity or just the ones that can afford it?

Hi mrvegad,

It seems you are extrapolating things out of context and hence, missing the point. The idea with the statement: "everybody begins with an equal opportunity" is not that every person on earth starts with an equal opportunity, rather it should be obvious that in the context in which the statement was made, it meant every stakeholder of NEM begun with an equal opportunity. As for how NEM will reach the average joe and offer financial freedom to others, I think you've heard a lot of plans regarding that. In any case, it will probably take a good amount of time until NEM, and any other crypto for that matter, will reach the average joe. We're planning and thinking hard about these issues but until then there are more pressing issues to solve: launch NEM, make it work, create a vibrant ecosystem, make it simple, build a new economy on a sustainable foundation, nurture the current community, attract new productive and valuable to the community, offer an opportunity even to people who were not between the original stakeholders to bring their contributions to NEM and get rewarded based on those contributions, etc.

And the good thing about it is that you can still come in later as Moe and harvest without buying any mammoth gear. In other words you can start at almost equal footing with the guy who's been around for some time. Your importance will be your use of NEM coins and transactions and also you can gain importance fairly quickly if you "Prove your Importance". :-)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:46:56 AM

Thanks for the article, @iaminitnow06. It seems the number of users have escalated to 6 million users. If you note what I have written a while ago here http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2352.msg4130#msg4130 and if you follow some of the various "long stories" that I have written over the last 3 months, you'd realise that whatever was said in the article by Wences Casares of Xapo is very much going to be in the NEM ecosystem with respect to the 6.5B people.

Before I go on, allow me to re-emphasize that NEM is NOT ONLY A CRYPTO COIN. NEM is a platform that seeds an ecosystem. NEM by itself is what we call a Crypto 2.0 at V1 launch.

The ambition of AltNemo is to make the entire ecosystem of NEM into a Crypto 3.0. Crypto 3.0 will take away some of the responsibilities of the likes of XAPO. The irony of the article is that he was talking about the underbanked and the unbanked. Why would the unbanked and underbanked need the services of a Fort Knox?

In my earlier articles I did allude to the underbanked and the unbanked that are going to be drivers for the use of cryptos. I maintain that they will in fact be the drivers of cryptos which coincides with Wences' conclusion.

These 6.5B people with their cell phones will be the drivers.  The projects of AltNemo coined by Makoto as epic was not without a reason. We've realized that mobile devices is the way to drive the usage of the NEM platform. Coupled with a tightly integrated Fast exchange with extended features, AltNemo will set itself apart from the rest of the world and create what we call Crypto 3.0.

AltNemo's design has some elements of the much discussed Supernet. AltNemo has an MWG embedded. AltNemo has a fast exchange. And most importantly, AltNemo's exchange has a different architecture to traditional exchanges like BTC-e, Cryptsy, etc. AltNemo does not store coins and AltNemo provides for fiat <-> crypto exchange.

The design architecture of AltNemo's epic projects are specifically tailored for the underbanked and unbanked. It also takes into consideration that the underbanked and unbanked most probably do not have smartphones or devices and therefore will require another means of transaction method.

Some has asked and think that this is all too quixotic and therefore do not think it will work as a solution. My answer is, things need not be complicated and can be simply designed. They are complicated only if one thinks they are. The design is not rocket science but the thought processes that have gone into it has been an 18-month affair. We hope to have more iterations of our design so that when we finally get to code it, it will be even simpler.

The development of these epic projects will take between 6 to 9 months before they can be put to great use. It can be done in parallel with the existing development of the NEM platform as the NCC is already open source. If we can start our development tomorrow, we should be able to see its launch by the 2nd. quarter 2015, perhaps shortly after the launch of V1.

So, I cannot help but to again plead with all you supporters of NEM out there to support the cause of AltNemo for a better NEM tomorrow. Donations are welcome, otherwise you can participate in the crowdsale . Please visit out website at www.altnemo.com.

If NEM doesn't provide digital and mobile money transfers to the poor (actually the forgotten majority) somebody else will. I truly believe this is the future. As a person who has lived in a poor village in one of the poorest counties in Africa for a couple of years while doing aid work I watched as Africa skipped landlines and went directly to cellphones. Now they are skipping computers and going directly to feature phones or smart phones.  I'm guessing they will also completely skip banks, checks, and credit cards. And I hope they go directly to crypto currency.  I love that NEM is working towards providing financial solutions for the whole world and not just the first world.  

Due to the enormous efficiency gains on a societal level, the country that first ditches banks and credit card companies will see an enormous boost in its economy.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:47:57 AM

My 2 cents on the notion of giving stakes to celebs / crypto leaders:

DO IT! Please do what you can to broaden and deepen the community..

The question is: WHO should do it? Should the developers arbitrarily give out stakes based on poorly responded polls open to all of BTT or Nem forms? no.

Start a fund. Collect donations. Band together and tackle ventures like this as a community. Get people to toss in spare NXT and buy up as much NEMStake as you can. Let the donors decide who gets the stakes. That's how it should be done.

Great idea!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:53:10 AM

Just so no one is fooled, I am Makoto1337 not makotol337 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=372714).

makotol337 is sending messages to people claiming to be me. My profile is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=220156

If not, let's do this.

How?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
xtester

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:03:48 AM

If not, let's do this.

How?

Write to the mods.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:04:45 AM

everybody begins with an equal opportunity

This is true as long as you:

1: Have money
2: Already know about cryptos.

The same can be said about a company that releases an stock IPO, if you have the money and know about the IPO then you have an equal opportunity.

I would like to hear plans for NEM on how it will get average joe involved. Do you expect them to buy NEM when they have no clue what it is or how it works?
How will people in third world countries get NEM?

Maybe I am misunderstanding what the NEM movement is, is it to help all people with financial freedom and equality of opportunity or just the ones that can afford it?

Hi mrvegad,

It seems you are extrapolating things out of context and hence, missing the point. The idea with the statement: "everybody begins with an equal opportunity" is not that every person on earth starts with an equal opportunity, rather it should be obvious that in the context in which the statement was made, it meant every stakeholder of NEM begun with an equal opportunity. As for how NEM will reach the average joe and offer financial freedom to others, I think you've heard a lot of plans regarding that. In any case, it will probably take a good amount of time until NEM, and any other crypto for that matter, will reach the average joe. We're planning and thinking hard about these issues but until then there are more pressing issues to solve: launch NEM, make it work, create a vibrant ecosystem, make it simple, build a new economy on a sustainable foundation, nurture the current community, attract new productive and valuable to the community, offer an opportunity even to people who were not between the original stakeholders to bring their contributions to NEM and get rewarded based on those contributions, etc.

And the good thing about it is that you can still come in later as Moe and harvest without buying any mammoth gear. In other words you can start at almost equal footing with the guy who's been around for some time. Your importance will be your use of NEM coins and transactions and also you can gain importance fairly quickly if you "Prove your Importance". :-)

Also, don't forget the lottery payout: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2372.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
heavyrain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:43:27 AM

wow.As time goes the NEM will become more and more stronger!
mlwlxz

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:15:37 AM

wow.As time goes the NEM will become more and more stronger!
+100 Cheesy
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:39:06 PM

I really like this coin
i wish i have BTCs to buy a 1 stake more
Cheesy

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:41:27 PM

I really like this coin
Cheesy

You can buy also 0,1 stake.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:44:02 PM

I really like this coin
Cheesy

It's not just a coin. It's a movement. An ecosystem.
People that refer to it as just another coin prob haven't done their homework Smiley

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:50:27 PM

I really like this coin
Cheesy

People that refer to it as just another coin prob haven't done their homework Smiley

sorry I'm newbie in universe crypto

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:03:07 PM

I really like this coin
Cheesy

sorry I'm newbie in universe crypto

Yes , its a lot to take in at once,.....just stick around and you'll suss it out....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

I really think some giveaways on Reddit might do us some good as well.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: