Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:26:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:10:52 AM

Here is how the NEM redemption process looks: https://medium.com/@xtester/nem-redemption-process-f90db6b10eef

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and feedback before we move forward with it.  Smiley

Hello.

The phase 1 seems a little bit complicated or at least I wasn't able
to understand how it goes by reading it only once.
Maybe having a flow chart that shows the redemption process in steps could be useful
and will be more clear and understandable.

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:51:18 AM

Here is how the NEM redemption process looks: https://medium.com/@xtester/nem-redemption-process-f90db6b10eef

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and feedback before we move forward with it.  Smiley

Hello.

Maybe having a flow chart that shows the redemption process in steps could be useful

We will definitely make sure the instructions are as clear as possible. Don't worry, we are going to do everything we can to make it simple and easy to follow. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
5Dzz

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:26:40 AM

I agree that phase 1 seems a bit complex.  Should be able to figure it out but the person
receiving the second stake for them, will have a hard time without my help. They are not
that computer savy and only have a cell phone.

Should be fine. Hope process is very clear in final revision. Looks good so far.

Smiley

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:46:36 AM

I agree that phase 1 seems a bit complex.  Should be able to figure it out but the person
receiving the second stake for them, will have a hard time without my help. They are not

Should be fine. Hope process is very clear in final revision. Looks good so far.

Smiley

I'm sorry people but how is this complex:

Step1: Receive a pm with a code.
Step2: Visit a website enter the code and click submit

Done.

Huh

It's more complicated to sign up on btt and you all figured that out Smiley

I really don't mean to be condescending (I'm sometimes borderline retarded myself) but srsly how could phase 1 be any easier ?

/edit: Just checked the portal on my phone and it workes there too so there really should be no problem for anyone.

5Dzz

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:52:55 AM

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and feedback before we move forward with it.  Smiley

I agree that phase 1 seems a bit complex.  Should be able to figure it out but the person

Smiley

Done.

Huh

I really don't mean to be condescending (I'm sometimes borderline retarded myself) but srsly how could phase 1 be any easier ?

Hi   Smiley

It is not complicated for me   Cool

The person receiving the second stake is not that familiar with computers.  Not everyone
is you know.  They will need help.  Nothing to do with being slow.  Some people just have
different strengths and skills dealing with crypto and stuff.

The directions emphasize being correct in the procedure.  Feedback was requested and
this is my view.
patmast3r

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:58:39 AM

The person receiving the second stake is not that familiar with computers.  Not everyone
is you know.  They will need help.  Nothing to do with being slow.  Some people just have

The directions emphasize being correct in the procedure.  Feedback was requested and
this is my view.

I really appreciate you feedback.
I guess I just didn't expect anyone that isn't familiar with computers at all to be a NEM stakehodler.

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:58:40 AM

What about the 2 stakes maximum at NXT AE? Gone?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
5Dzz

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:02:19 AM

this is my view.

I guess I just didn't expect anyone that isn't familiar with computers at all to be a NEM stakehodler.

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate your view also.

NEM stakes were purchased for everyone.  All types of people.  Not necessarily just BCT
member regulars. It has an appeal for the whole family.  All walks of life.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:10:49 AM

Hello.

A flow chart is probably a good idea.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:43:53 AM

It is not complicated for me   Cool

The person receiving the second stake is not that familiar with computers.  Not everyone
is you know.  They will need help.  Nothing to do with being slow.  Some people just have

The directions emphasize being correct in the procedure.  Feedback was requested and
this is my view.

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate your view also.

NEM stakes were purchased for everyone.  All types of people.  Not necessarily just BCT
member regulars. It has an appeal for the whole family.  All walks of life.

You are right. I have been going around promoting NEM to crypto enthusiasts and they get confused with NEMstake and AE. People who are new to NEM (and even NEMsters themselves who signed up earlier) find it hard to understand what a NEMstake is all about. They think NEMstake is NEM coins and get even more confused if they can buy from an AE in Nxt only and also Secureae is not helping either. They usually ask why they need to change to NEM coins.

We should be very clear on this.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:50:30 AM

It is not complicated for me   Cool

The person receiving the second stake is not that familiar with computers.  Not everyone
is you know.  They will need help.  Nothing to do with being slow.  Some people just have

The directions emphasize being correct in the procedure.  Feedback was requested and
this is my view.

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate your view also.

NEM stakes were purchased for everyone.  All types of people.  Not necessarily just BCT
member regulars. It has an appeal for the whole family.  All walks of life.

You are right. I have been going around promoting NEM to crypto enthusiasts and they get confused with NEMstake and AE. People who are new to NEM (and even NEMsters themselves who signed up earlier) find it hard to understand what a NEMstake is all about. They think NEMstake is NEM coins and get even more confused if they can buy from an AE in Nxt only and also Secureae is not helping either. They usually ask why they need to change to NEM coins.

We should be very clear on this.

I think a detailed, step-by-step guide (ideally with images) would be ideal to help people along with the the redemption process.

Even though i'm familiar with crypto's, I'd appreciate such a tutorial just to make absolutely, 100% sure what i do is correct. The last thing i'd want is to jeopardize my claim.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:52:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is very appreciated. We will do our best to make things more clear so that the redemption process is well understood and can run as smooth as possible.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:02:20 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 08:31:46 AM by TaunSew

Not gone.  It's still 2 stakes per wallet on the NXT AE.  It's a soft cap.  If you bought 60 stakes then yes you can create 30 wallets and retrieve your 60 million NEM.

In practice I don't think that is the case (due to the $Fiat cost and many hours of work involved) nor is it really our concern.  

NXT had people who received 5% of the total supply just for sending in 1.5 BTC (which back then was like $150) and arguably that was done in minutes of work.  

Nobody has 5% of NEM (200 stakes) due to the $Fiat cost (it would be like $170K-$200K), hours of work involved or even the mere fact that there isn't really enough NEM for sale to make it happen (true 700-something requested tokens but there's only ever like 10 NEMstake for sale at any given time and many of them are listed above 30K NXT).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:03:22 AM

I guess we could make a how-to video for each phase once it starts to really make everything abundantly clear.

TaunSew

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:35:09 AM

I guess we could make a how-to video for each phase once it starts to really make everything abundantly clear.

I thought Amy's idea on the NEM forum made a lot of sense.

Left Side -- Right Side

Have to recall that NEMbers have a range in technological literacy.  We have programmers and developers but on the flip side we have people who are essentially technologically illiterate and then most people are somewhere in the middle.  There's also a lot of NEMbers who are not fluent in English as well.

It could even be picture coded.  You could use a generic photo of someone's forum post stating they were interested on the left side.  On the right side, someone's photo of their NEMstake in the NXT blockexplorer.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:38:03 AM

Not gone.  It's still 2 stakes per wallet on the NXT AE.  It's a soft cap.  If you bought 60 stakes then yes you can create 30 wallets and retrieve your 60 million NEM.

In practice I don't think that is the case (due to the $Fiat cost and many hours of work involved) nor is it really our concern.  

NXT had people who received 5% of the total supply just for sending in 1.5 BTC (which back then was like $150) and arguably that was done in minutes of work.  

Nobody has 5% of NEM (200 stakes) due to the $Fiat cost (it would be like $170K-$200K), hours of work involved or even the mere fact that there isn't really enough NEM for sale to make it happen (true 700-something requested tokens but there's only ever like 10 NEMstake for sale at any given time and many of them are listed above 30K NXT).

Seems like fuel for criticism that could come up later about distribution if stakes are forced to be split (could be said that the distribution was manipulated to look spread out). I'm personally holding a few for other people and unfortunately will have to split them across multiple NEM accounts. Sad

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
TaunSew

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:55:02 AM

Well the true distribution was arguably before the asset exchange went live, when you had 3000-ish stakeholders.   Asset exchange was a response to dissent that people wanted a means to trade and the development team listened and conceded.  This is why NEM is a great coin as it isn't a Developer-Dictatorship but a true community.

There was only 700-ish tokens requested and most of them requested was only for security reasons.  If you look at the asset exchange, there's only ever like 10 stakes being listed for sale and half of them are listed at way above historic market prices (thus it's difficult to acquire any large amounts).

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:58:10 AM

A flow chart is probably a good idea.

Not sure if that's gonna be helpful

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:07:54 AM

Is Phase 2 scheduled for any specific date yet?
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:27:37 AM

I agree that phase 1 seems a bit complex.  Should be able to figure it out but the person

Smiley

Done.

Huh

/edit: Just checked the portal on my phone and it workes there too so there really should be no problem for anyone.

im still figuring how to open new alpha wallet 0.2.18   lol     never had a problem with the first one.
Do you still need localhost 8989?...I have opened a wallet but not sure if its the larest one.....it says I am 47 days behind and NIS synchrinising..block 1
DUH!!!!!!!    Im not a techie as you can probably tell......but the 1 click for webstart and standalone didnt work for me...windows 8 i have..

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: