Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 04:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984284 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:50:29 PM

Why don't we see how many leftover stakes there are and then use 10% of them per month for deveopment or advertising or whatever until they are all gone in 10 months. That gives people plenty of time to claim.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:56:44 PM

My vote would be to keep it as a development fund. To compete with NXT, BTSX, Ethereum we need big money. Just look at the resources those guys have.

In the end this is going to benefit us all.

But I think it is very important to do all that is reasonably possible to give every investor every possible chance to claim their stake. We don't know all the reasons why stakes have not been claimed. I do know that since there is no email list it is possible to miss info unless one regularly checks this thread. If an entire country (China) has blocked access to the thread, then that is going to be a challenge for any stakeholders living in that country. We need to give them every chance to recover their stake. When they invested they weren't making a donation. They also may not be very technically oriented (as in attempting to use TOR to circumvent the block).

I don't necessarily know what the best solution is, but I definitely believe all these issues should be heavily weighed.

Bitcointalk has not been banned in China. It was misinformation.

It was mentioned at start that when announced they will have 4 days to claim their stake.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:56:53 PM

the owner of bct has around 5 mill worth of btc.. i dont think he cares about nem Wink

Are you telling us that you know for a fact that 2 years from now 500 to 1500 unclaimed stakes would not be worth 5 million? Why should you give power to completely crash Nem to people who have access to BTT servers? This is nonsense. Set a short time limit and then destroy them.

Leaving them open means that anyone who has access to BTT servers can destroy nem someday by dumping 1000 stakes.

Before the coins are distributed, the fate of unclaimed coins must be decided.  

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
mepsipax

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

I pretty much agree with everything kodtycoon said.

Anyone wanting to be involved in Nem's future, should be showing an interest now - those that haven't claimed within the month, clearly aren't that bothered imo.

TB2MDU-WEZH5M-ODG4FI-6TWSTO-VVLAKO-TVIZO7-4XCK
starfishi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:10:33 PM

I think, the owner is the owner, is the owner, is the owner, and he stays the owner, until he decides to let it go.
Until then, guess what, he´s the owner . . .  Smiley

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:10:51 PM

Bitcointalk has not been banned in China. It was misinformation.
It was mentioned at start that when announced they will have 4 days to claim their stake.

That's good to know that BTT wasn't actually banned in China. The only other issue with stake claiming I'm aware of is people having their BTT accounts compromised. If you can at least read BTT, then you can know who to get in touch with regarding why you can't claim your stake, and resolution can be determined on a case by case basis.

If it was actually stated up front that there would be a limited time to claim stakes, then that changes my perspective. If 4 days was what was announced, then giving one month is generous.

The only remaining question in my mind is this: are there any possibilities that the ability to know what is going on with NEM could be for any reason denied to people who invested--as in the reason they haven't acted on claiming their stake is the result of not knowing that is beyond them simply not taking the time to check this thread? If the answer is yes, we should do all we can reasonably do to mitigate that. If the answer is no, then we should proceed as planned.

I agree that fate of unclaimed stakes should be determined before coins are distributed.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:12:15 PM

I think, the owner is the owner, is the owner, is the owner, and he stays the owner, until he decides to let it go.

Not that I disagree, but not claiming one's stake, when one has been given every opportunity to do so, could be interpreted as a decision to let it go.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:14:59 PM

Hes the owner when he claims his stake and 1 month is more than enough time.....why are these guys pressing this point so much ?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but have we gotten any farther than token registration yet?

Also, my vote would be to hold the unclaimed stakes indefinitely. They belong to whoever bought them in the first place.

+1

holding the coins indefinitely is madness in my mind.. anyone who takes more than a month to claim ether doesnt care about nem in the slightest or hasnt bothered their ass to find away around any blocks that might be in place stopping them from claiming. now if these people who dont care find out months down the line that they can claim their nem as its worth say 5 thousand.. the first thing they will do is claim and then dump it asap. if they dont care about it enough to claim it why would they hold it once they do claim it? so these people are of zero benefit to nem. now lets think if these coins are distributed to people who do care, they will benefit nem, if they are used to help nem progress by investing the money in development or marketing that will benefit nem hugely.

not only that but if say 400-500 stakes are held in limbo then that will be knocked off the market cap because of CMC's new rules. not only that but there will be claims that the devs are keeping them for themselves instead of distributing them. then there is also the risk that the coins being held in one massive account get lost for what ever reason and then the devs would be accused of stealing them and there is no coming back from that. then there will also be fears that if the devs hold that many, they could get bored with nem and decide to just dump all the coins and run with the money, i dont believe that will happen but thats where fud comes from.

there are far more downsides to holding all the unclaimed indefinitely than there are pro's. i would agree to hold say, 50 stakes for 6 months so 50 people have the opportunity to claim with in 6 months on a first come first serve basis but any more than that would be stupid.

putting the coins to use in various ways like funding development, mass marketing like no crypto has ever seen, bounties galore that sort of thing will turn nem into a serious challenger to bitcoin. we have to throw everything we have at this and we only get one chance to do it right and imo holding hundreds of stakes in an idle account for months or years is probably up there with the worst of things we could do with the coins and probably the riskiest of routes to take also.

imagine what nem would be worth if we pumped out business rules, asset exchange, voting system, a digital market place(a far better one than nxt) and all the other major core features in 6 months which i think could be done if more devs were to come on board on top of the 5, super devs, we already have. now imagine if we could release a killer mobile app on top of that in a couple of months, fund all sorts of business that pop up around nem in order to thrust nem into astronomical growth over a 12 month period the likes no crypto has seen before, fund a full time marketing team to spread the word, do all sorts of things to spread nem to the masses like a stellar style give away? the possibilities are endless but we have to take the bull by the horns as rockethead says.

being nice(holding peoples stakes indefinitely) gets people no where in life or in business. in business, which is what this is, you have to be ruthless and do what you have to succeed.

again, we have one good shot at this, so are we going to be nice to those who dont benefit nem and are not bothered about nem, or are we going forget about that/those that do not matter to run head first with what we have and throw everything we got at this and in order to succeed?

There are already 1000 stakes for development, that´s 25% of all. Why is it the best thing to do to put another 500-1000 stakes, or whatever will not be claimed, to this fund?Huh

Am I the only one realising that a centralisation of 25%-50% is one of the worst things can happen to NEM? Where is a difference to NXT distribution?

Put out bountys for specific things or distribute it to the stakeholders which didn´t dump at NXT ae. You are talking about people which believe in NEM. The people who believed mostly in NEM are these who didn´t claimed their stake, or bought more of them at the asset exchange.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:36:25 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 08:51:17 PM by nottrulyevil

Until then, guess what, he´s the owner . . .  Smiley

I strongly disagree. If you're not interested enough to look over bitcointalk or nem forums once in a month (even longer as the time for when the claiming process was going to start was announced even earlier) you most likely wont be committed to helping NEMs sake either. For NEM to become a successful currency and for it to have a thriving ecosystem say 30 % of all coins can't be with or be waiting for stake holders so uninterested and unengaged that they don't care to look for updates at least once a month.

I mean say that everyone could come and claim their stake at any point of time. And by the time someone claims their stake NEM is huge. It would, in the very least, be devastating for the stability of the price if someone came and dumped 1/4000 of the total marketcap once in a while.

My vote goes for investing at least the majority of all unclaimed stakes to improve the NEM ecossytem in a responsible way (marketing, development, nem companies etc, although most of this investment should preferable not go to the core NEM team to prevent centralization and to minimize the risk). My second option would be to burn all the left over NEM, even if this is far from an optimal solution it's still miles better than to have NEM laying around waiting for unengaged stake holders to pick it up and dump it.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:39:29 PM

I strongly disagree. If you're not interested enough to look over bitcointalk or nem forums once in a month (even longer as the time for when the claiming process was going to start was announced even earlier) you most likely wont be committed to helping NEMs sake either. For NEM to become a successful currency and for it to have a thriving ecosystem say 30 % of all coins can't be with or be waiting for stake holders so uninterested and unengaged that they don't care to look for updates at least once a month.

I mean say that everyone could come and claim their stake at any point of time. And by the time someone claims their stake NEM is huge. It would, in the very least, be devastating for the stability of the price if someone came and dumped 1/4000 of the total marketcap once in a while.

My vote goes for investing at least the majority of all unclaimed stakes to improve the NEM ecossytem in a responsible way (marketing, development, nem companies etc, although most of this investment should preferable not go to the core NEM team to prevent centralization and to minimize the risk). My second option would be to burn all the left over NEM, even if this is far from an optimal solution it's still miles better than to have NEM laying around waiting for unengaged stake holders to pick it up and dump it.

Don't worry about the dumpers. We actually need more of these guys nowadays, so we would be able to buy cheap NEMs Wink
nottrulyevil

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:04:14 PM

Don't worry about the dumpers. We actually need more of these guys nowadays, so we would be able to buy cheap NEMs Wink

Say that NEMs marketcap would look like BTCs does now. If someone were to dump 1/4000 of all BTC in one go it would have a major impact on the prize and would make it very unstable (something that is bad for a  currency).

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

There are already 1000 stakes for development, that´s 25% of all. Why is it the best thing to do to put another 500-1000 stakes, or whatever will not be claimed, to this fund?Huh

Am I the only one realising that a centralisation of 25%-50% is one of the worst things can happen to NEM? Where is a difference to NXT distribution?

Put out bountys for specific things or distribute it to the stakeholders which didn´t dump at NXT ae. You are talking about people which believe in NEM. The people who believed mostly in NEM are these who didn´t claimed their stake, or bought more of them at the asset exchange.

I agree 25% is already allotted to the development team, the unclaimed stakes should be going into new hands for wider distribution ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:53:37 AM

Why are people claiming that funds going into an investment asset would "disappear"?  It would still be there on Coinmarketcap, just under the asset page and hosted by NXT until the NEM asset exchange goes online.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:27:21 AM

It is getting hot in here.

Deep breaths Nemsters

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:07:42 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 02:30:54 AM by mrkavasaki

what do you guys think will be one nemstake 3 weeks after launch worth?
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:20:40 AM

what do you guys think will be one nemstake 3 week after launch worth?

Doesn't matter coz I ain't sellin' anytime soon... Long term for me.
All I did is plant the seed let it grow. with a little help of word of mouth.
She'll have some nice fruits to harvest later on.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:32:19 AM

Assuming BTC itself remains static - my guesstimate range would be $800 to $5000 per million within a month of launch.

I will be holding for 5+ years.  

I think digital currencies will be worth $Trillions someday and something like NEM could be a front runner or one of the runner ups (so anywhere from $10-$500 per unit of NEM might be possible).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:59:07 AM

Say that NEMs marketcap would look like BTCs does now. If someone were to dump 1/4000 of all BTC in one go it would have a major impact on the prize and would make it very unstable (something that is bad for a  currency).

That would happen once or twice up until the trading waves stabilizes when the dumped NEMs fall into the hands of whom appreciate the movement.
tolstoy

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:23:33 AM

All successfuly registered people: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered
Hope this helps.

Registered my token successfully. Thanks

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: