Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:08:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984109 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:17:28 PM

Well that's something, but I'm really surprised at how most people here don't seem to care about those people who may miss the launch of NEM for some reason, and decide to check in later to find out it was all for nothing ... Seems more like how a bank operates lol.

If you are that worried, even though they have a month of emails and warning, then lets delay the launch to December.

We cannot and should not launch a coin with potential theft of billion coins after the launch.

No we can launch and people can claim stakes after launch. Just my opinion.

No, as we cannot launch when there is potential threat of large theft. Crypto transactions are irreversible. We can catch the problems before the launch and fix them, but we can't after the launch as then all transactions would be final. No launch until this issue is settled.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:20:15 PM

Well that's something, but I'm really surprised at how most people here don't seem to care about those people who may miss the launch of NEM for some reason, and decide to check in later to find out it was all for nothing ... Seems more like how a bank operates lol.

If you are that worried, even though they have a month of emails and warning, then lets delay the launch to December.

We cannot and should not launch a coin with potential theft of billion coins after the launch.

No we can launch and people can claim stakes after launch. Just my opinion.

No, as we cannot launch when there is potential threat of large theft. Crypto transactions are irreversible. We can catch the problems before the launch and fix them, but we can't after the launch as then all transactions would be final. No launch until this issue is settled.

Everything has risk. Sometimes to do the ethical thing is more risky but it is right.
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:20:22 PM

Distribute all unclaimed stakes(nems) equally to the addresses that will be in the genesis block and for nxt ae stakes you do later the same. 29% of the coin is already reserved for developing if you take more this is getting another ripple. Everything else is not fair.
Eadeqa

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:23:26 PM

Everything has risk. Sometimes to do the ethical thing is more risky but it is right.

So you want people to buy nem on exchanges with a risk that anyone with access to BTT harddrive can crash nem? Why not put warning on top of client so people are warned that 500 million to billion mem can be stolen by BTTT owners? That way they are informed that nem is open to large theft before taking the risk of buying.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Stan Rabbit

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:25:54 PM

This seems realy fair,  people should have the chance to claim their stake until one Year,  and maybe some lucky People who claimed their stake later will be the best marketing for NEM.

So you dont need to get hot heads about the handeling with unclaimed stakes, it would be the best way to show that the NEM community is different to other cryptocommunitys.

The NEM Fund for Marketing is big enough for a year and more,  after a year we could decide to use all unclaimed stakes for marketing too, after we have seen how things going on. I think that erverbody would agree that one year holding back funds is ok.

So we would find a good solution for both,  Stakeholders and for the community at all using it for Marketing and independent Developers for the NEM Economy.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:30:09 PM

So you want people to buy nem on exchanges with a risk that anyone with access to BTT harddrive can crash nem? Why not put warning on top of client so people are warned that 500 million to billion mem can be stolen by BTTT owners? That way they are informed that nem is open to large theft before taking the risk of buying.

If a NEM stake claim has to be checked manually before final redemption it will be obvious if hundreds are being claimed at once from the same IP address. Same thing could happen to BTC if one of the large exchanges were hacked. Risk in crypto is nothing new. Just my opinion but I think NEM should let people claim their stake up to a year - otherwise NEM isn't showing itself to be fair and a New Economy Movement at all.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:33:35 PM

We should put the unclaimed stakes in a multisig escrow and take 10% of them per month for use on the project or just destroy them. They will be safe in the escrow and if someone wants to make a late claim they will have 10 months after release to do so. We could speed it up to 20% per month for 5 months or even 33% for 3 months if that is better.
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:35:18 PM

Quick question, what is stopping all those who received their stakes for free from dumping? In my opinion, there will be a MEGA dump after everyone receives their stakes.
Nothing at all, but if there is going to be a "MEGA DUMP" like you say, why would they wait until launch to do that? Anyone could request a stake on the NXT AE and dump there if they wanted to. Why would someone who only wants to dump be waiting until launch to do so? I don't think there will be any sudden, excessive dumping at launch because it's not like those stakes have all been "locked up" until now. NEM has effectively been on the free market for months now.
What's stopping me from dumping?  If I recalled I paid like $6.50 something for my NEMstake.  Could had dumped months ago on the AE.  This is the case for most of the 3000 stakeholders who paid some amount between $2-$50.  Most of the 700-something claimed tokens were never put on the market but were claimed for security reasons.
I rationalize it as differently.  I paid almost no principle (like a Bitcoin buyer in 2009) and thus I have no principle to worry about recovering and thus no incentive to "cut my losses".  Multiply  that by 3000 and you get a lot of stability.  That's why Bitcoin, despite the chaos, has some stability too (due to all the 2009 / 2010 people who are still holding).

When did you buy your NEMStake? The lowest the price had been was around 14,000 NXT per NEMStake, and that was back when NXT's price was double what it currently is.

For those who dont remember, the first 10 persons 20 pages (  Shocked )didnt paid anything on the first nem thread.

I do remember to pay something around 0,05 BTC on my stake. This was the second thread of nem inviting for investitors

refreshing =)

on december 2013 - january 2014

First 20 pages   : free to join in
pages 21-30     : fee = 0.001 btc or  10nxt
pages 31-40     : fee= 0.002 btc or 20 nxt ;
pages 41-50     : fee= 0.004 btc or 40 nxt
page 51-60       : fee= 0.008btc or 80nxt
page 61-70       : fee=0.016btc or 160nxt
page 71-80       :fee=0.0025 or 250nxt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg4894028#msg4894028

Grin

Eadeqa

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:37:01 PM

If a NEM stake claim has to be checked manually before final redemption it will be obvious if hundreds are being claimed at once from the same IP address. Same thing could happen to BTC if one of the large exchanges were hacked. Risk in crypto is nothing new. Just my opinion but I think NEM should let people claim their stake up to a year - otherwise NEM isn't showing itself to be fair and a New Economy Movement at all.

This is not just "large" exchange threat. There are still 1000+ unclaimed staked? That's bigger percentage than any large exchange.

Sorry, no launch until this is settled. Why are you in a hurry for launch?

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:39:05 PM

You just dont get it do you? The call was for to participate in bringing forward this Movement. If people participated then they would know of the time limit .One month is more than enough time to click a mouse a couple of times to register. You must have participated and continue to participate to be part of this thing.
   Some members were talking about 3/4 days to register. Ok , maybe too short but a month is more than long enough.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:37:21 PM

Everyone that says they want people to be able to claim their stake without any time limit you never mention any solution to how this could even be handled? Personally I can't even imagine any viable solution for this. The idea to start with (as I understood it) was that all stake holders were to be in the nemesis block and ALL NEM were to be distributed in it. So the people that say they want people to be able to claim their stakes within lets say a year, do you also want to postpone the launch a year?

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:55:54 PM

I am coming round to the idea of just destroying the stakes. This will increase the coins per capita, and also increase the development fund from the thousand stakes.

Easiest solution, everything else will be difficult to agree upon.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:30:27 PM

Distribute all unclaimed stakes(nems) equally to the addresses that will be in the genesis block and for nxt ae stakes you do later the same. 29% of the coin is already reserved for developing if you take more this is getting another ripple. Everything else is not fair.

I agree with this. or just destroy the unclaimed stakes. Stakeholders who doesn't even bother to check up on whats happening on this project at least once a month don't deserve this amazing thing we got goin on here. Remember guys we are not paying these devs out of our own pocket. Lets not make this difficult. If no one agrees to distribute it to every active nemebrs them lets just destroy it. enough already. Next chapter please.
Great job so far devs. Keep it up.
yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:18:14 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 12:34:55 AM by yshin365new

Do you really want the number 4 billion?  4 means death in a lot of cultures.

It's true.
Especially in China, 4 is the worst number.
It equals to the 13th Friday in Western.

Edit/I basically agree to investment fund.
But it may have a problem of a lawsuit by stakeholders who did not receive coins in the future when NEM value is incredibly high.
Burning them erases this problem in advance.
Burning them will prevent this probable lawsuit and also result in investment fund increase in the end.(by the scarcity of NEM and high value of each NEM.)
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

a year is far.. far too long.. what if in a year a stake is worth 20k dollars? and people that forgot start claiming and then just dumping the lot on the market? seeing as nem would still not have that high of a market cap, a dump like that would put shivers running through the market.. now imagine it happened 2-3 times a week..

then also whos is going to hold those coins? what if the devs are holding the stakes, which could amount to 100's of thousands or even millions if there is a lot, and they actually do get hacked or end up losing the coins how ever that may happen.. the core devs would be called scammers and that is a scare that would never.. ever fade.. confidence in the coin would be totally lost due to fear of those coins being dumped. holding half the unclaimed for 3 months would not be ideal but acceptable imo.. but a year is straight up out of the question. too much responsibility and risk involved. being in control of that amount of funds you dont own would be highly stressful aswell.

a year sounds to be long time ... but it may cause that the possible dumping is spread to the longer period, for example 10 months. It is unlikely that all those "slowtimers" will appear at the same time, 11 months from the launch. Possibly some of them will claim their stakes/coins 1 month after the launch and so on. Or maybe none of them will come back.

In this page is (at least) 2 alternatives for the unclaimed stakes:
 - distribute them equally to all who have already claimed
 - destroy them

They both have quite the same result in the sense of this value question:) what is the value of one person's share.

zifcom

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:52:14 AM

My NEM had been stolen
f**K!!!

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 01:11:43 AM

My NEM had been stolen
f**K!!!

Huh?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
starfishi

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:10:02 AM

WTF ?  are you "dilly dallying" ?   How did that happen ?

overthetop2011

Activity: 678

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:30:55 AM

where to find the list of unclaimed tokens?

I want to check  my token has been registrated successfully or not.

thanks.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
rtstrx

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:23:29 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 05:35:29 AM by rtstrx

My opinion by stakes expired (no Chinese stakes):

In life we ​​have some time, and everything expires. NEM  put a month to register.

For anarchists:
Whoever wants to be free, go to the spiritual, the circle(infinity), the eternal clock, the sea, the moon (inmortal), the clock without hands. This is the best place to escape the routine. The number 1(god,queen/king) teaches evolution, but now it is invisible.

More respect, love, intelligence, and less war.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: