Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:29:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984136 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:56:42 PM

Merit of 8 billion NEM.(from a discussion until now)
1) Lucky number.---->popularity   --------> large  market  
2) Soon, world population become 8 billion. ----> 1 NEM per 1 person!
3) 2 million NEM per 1 stakehloder (Double NEMillionaire) -------> Half sell, still NEMillionaire ----------> Wide distribution of NEM----------> NEM's popularity & prosperity.

Somebody please show me the merit of 4 billion NEM shortly.
If he shows the more merit, I will throw away 8 billion and support 4 Billion.
Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:05:24 PM

3) 2 million NEM per 1 stakehloder (Double NEMillionaire) -------> Half sell, still NEMillionaire ----------> Wide distribution of NEM----------> NEM's popularity & prosperity.

Thanks in advance.

The downsides of 8 bill are enough merrit for 4 bill.
It was 4 bill for almost a year now and people are aware of that number. Changing it now will not only make people scratch their heads it will also look like we're all over the place changing stuff like this in the last possible moment out of superstition.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:11:52 PM

This is an operation of communication and seduction for the asian market
3 999 999 is fine for me it is just 1 nem less and it can change a lot of things  Roll Eyes
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:45:52 PM

NEM 6th newsletter is out: https://medium.com/@xtester/nem-newsletter-6-2014-10-19-6cc2c2cc99be

Enjoy!  Wink
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:56:13 PM

Thanks in advance.

It was 4 bill for almost a year now and people are aware of that number. Changing it now will not only make people scratch their heads it will also look like we're all over the place changing stuff like this in the last possible moment out of superstition.
Thanks.
!. Would you please explain the downsides of 8 Billion NEM?
2. You pointed out "change of design(plan)". I understand your position. If I were a member of dev team, I would think like you,too.
But Change of Design itself is not bad thing.  Sometimes, Change of design is necessary for good result.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:03:42 PM

finally ;-)
editor499

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:24:25 PM

Thanks for sharing. Smiley
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:03:11 PM

I don't understand why its a big focus now when everyone knew 4 billion was the number all along. I don't think its going to have an effect on adoption.

If Nem turns out as great as we all believe, a little superstition won't matter.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
2. You pointed out "change of design(plan)". I understand your position. If I were a member of dev team, I would think like you,too.
But Change of Design itself is not bad thing.  Sometimes, Change of design is necessary for good result.

He just did. You can not make up the rules after the game has begun. Unless you want to lose investor confidence. This discussion is ridiculous.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:16:48 PM

I am leaning towards agreeing with everyone that this discussion should probably just be left alone. It seems like there are quite a few who do think we should change the total amount of coins, but I think that decision will ultimately undermine investor confidence, at least in the short-term. Long term, it really could go either way, but I think that the effects would be so minimal that risking short-term investor confidence is too much of a risk for a very minimal long-term gain (if any).

After thinking about it carefully for a significant amount of time since this discussion came about, I have come to the conclusion that the risk to reward ratio for this decision is simply not good enough for me to be able to support any changes.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:56:03 PM

I am leaning towards agreeing with everyone that this discussion should probably just be left alone. It seems like there are quite a few who do think we should change the total amount of coins, but I think that decision will ultimately undermine investor confidence, at least in the short-term. Long term, it really could go either way, but I think that the effects would be so minimal that risking short-term investor confidence is too much of a risk for a very minimal long-term gain (if any).

After thinking about it carefully for a significant amount of time since this discussion came about, I have come to the conclusion that the risk to reward ratio for this decision is simply not good enough for me to be able to support any changes.

Stick with the original plan!

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
mepsipax

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:05:19 PM

Yes I agree - stick with the original plan.

Seems to me that since our Nem keys were posted (and things started to look serious), this forum has been full of 'distractions'

First we had 'what happens to the unclaimed stakes?'

Now we have - '4 billion is a superstitious number'

Can't help but wonder if these supposed issues are meant to delay or distract the developers from getting on with developing Nem?

TB2MDU-WEZH5M-ODG4FI-6TWSTO-VVLAKO-TVIZO7-4XCK
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:10:02 PM

I don´t care if 4 or 8 bil, but please decide it now and stop this dump discussion.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

Yes I agree - stick with the original plan.

Seems to me that since our Nem keys were posted (and things started to look serious), this forum has been full of 'distractions'

First we had 'what happens to the unclaimed stakes?'

Now we have - '4 billion is a superstitious number'

Can't help but wonder if these supposed issues are meant to delay or distract the developers from getting on with developing Nem?

I don't think it is distracting or causing any delay. The developers are busy doing their developer things. If anything, I think it is healthy that we have these discussions. As stated numerous times here, this is more than just a simple cryptocurrency pump and dump. This is the beginning of a movement and an entirely new cryptocurrency ecosystem that we are hoping will set the standard for the future of finance in the digital age. We need to have these discussions to make sure that everything is done right.

If there was no concern about the number of total coins, this discussion never would have started up in the first place. Obviously some members of the community feel it is an important issue, so it is important that we let their voices be heard and discuss it in a civil manner as a community, which we have done. That is really our job as participants in this movement. The developers are doing their job, and we are doing ours.

I would much rather we discuss these matters and actually have a meaningful debate about them instead of the developers having total authoritarian control over every aspect of NEM and how it works.

Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

I have Nemstake on my NXT account. Am I up to date on the redemption process?
Sure thing.

forum.nem.io
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:20:54 PM

Have you heard about the changes in companies' shares in stock markets? They usually come suddenly and then you have been given a letter, a notification that each share is splitted into 8 (for example).
In such case the value of the owner's shares is the same, but the amount of shares has increased, not doubled but 8 times.

I think that the investors do understand this kind of changes. No one has eaten his words  Wink
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:26:20 PM

I don´t care if 4 or 8 bil, but please decide it now and stop this dump discussion.

Smiley

It cannot be not dump to think that a decision can be ended by just saying "decide it now".

Things take their times, especially when it is a discussion in an "async web forum of countless amount of active members".
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:28:06 PM

Have you heard about the changes in companies' shares in stock markets? They usually come suddenly and then you have been given a letter, a notification that each share is splitted into 8 (for example).
In such case the value of the owner's shares is the same, but the amount of shares has increased, not doubled but 8 times.

I think that the investors do understand this kind of changes. No one has eaten his words  Wink

Of course, but NEM is not a stock.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:42:04 PM

I just read the sixth newsletter, telling me I have only 18 days to get my NEM and I still dont understand much how to do it. So, I start to panick

1. I do not have my stake on NXT. I just paid in February
2. According to this page I must first receive my token then register for stake at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes
3. My question is: how to I get my token?

Thank you.
David, concerned

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
krisnl

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:43:47 PM

Of course, but NEM is not a stock.
Luckily, NEM is already divisible Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: