Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622156 times)
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:25:12 PM

GPU miners can't mine it fairly, it's impossible, arguments there in wiki ain't make GPU owners to mine it. Lots of Titans will land on this coin and in a week expect incredible difficulty. You have to make it at least scrypt-n, so home miners can win several months. This is it. Good luck.

I am a GPU miner, and I mine it just fine. The network hashrate is still low enough that I have ~300 coins already. I may not have 10,000 like some of the big GPU farm or ASIC miners, but it's a good amount and growing steadily.

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:32:34 PM

Bitmark will thrive by having businesses grow out of, and having value, because of its value.

I think it's great! To sow the seeds and nuture a business, an idea, an organisation, that others perceive to be of sufficient 'worth' to consider (so soon) potential off-shoot businesses / services - is this not a great compliment?!

Forwards >>> ! Grin

To have people already planning new businesses and organizations on the back of GetMarked, which is just a single part of Project Bitmark, will surely enhance the value proposition to both users and existing businesses alike.

Things are moving fast on this little thread.

I am sorry to do this but I must bring this back up:

I started defining an unnamed project on this thread exactly 1 month ago today. What is achievable in a single month is clear to see.
To do the same thing for GetMarked and have it adopted and being actively used by non crypto web citizens can be achieved by this date next month.

To balance my families needs, paid work, and bitmark is nearly impossible. To balance all of that and getmarked is impossible.
If I can replace the paid work for clients with a funding/investment to create getmarked, then balance is restored and even more than the last month is achievable.
6 BTC would cover my families needs, all project resources, enable some tips to those helping.
2 BTC would provide a reasonable amount of BTM as investment to those who invested.

After a month we would have bitmark a month more mature, and getmarked beginning to be adopted and used.

The work on bitmark and getmarked will continue with or without this, I do not want to loose our momentum or burn out.

Any future adoption focused side projects would be proposed by me or others, and considered at that time. Some may take a few hours, or some a few weeks, many will fall out naturally and with no cost incurred, others may need some financial commitment in order to be completed.

Taking this transparent approach is fairer, less expensive, less risk, and more guaranteed than anything like IPO, as if getmarked is not of merit and does not earn value then any subsequent proposal would be rejected by any potential investors.

I look forward to our status in one years time, for then the bitmark foundation will cover funding for anything the community decides is worth doing.

There is an 8 BTC investment opportunity in GetMarked and Bitmark, which will enable me to keep up with our earned momentum for a month or more, pay for resources required, and provide a fair amount of Bitmarks to any investors, whilst reasonably securing their investment.

If any one has interest do speak up.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:42:48 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:53:27 PM by schnötzel

There is an 8 BTC investment opportunity in GetMarked and Bitmark, which will enable me to keep up with our earned momentum for a month or more, pay for resources required, and provide a fair amount of Bitmarks to any investors, whilst reasonably securing their investment.

for sure Wink

deadline?
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 12:57:31 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 01:07:47 PM by coinsolidation

of course Wink

deadline?

No deadline to secure the full 8 BTC. As soon as any one makes the first part investment I can immediately give Bitmark/GetMarked my full attention, and restore some much missed time with my family.

An alternative way of looking at it is, if I can secure enough for the first few days, GetMarked can be created to a point that showcases the concept and also Bitmark, to such an extent that the remaining investment flows in. Earn it.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:39:35 PM

Definition of 'Get Marked'
GetMarked is a distributed reputation system, like karma which follows people around the web.

It is something simple which your friends and family can use.

Reputation is given by the process of 'Marking' giving someone a mark for something they have created or shared.

It's implementation and usage is similar to clicking Facebook's 'Like' button, no complicated crypto currency client to be seen.

Reputation systems such as scores, karma, and likes have proven successful, Marks follow people around the web, and also real life.

The novel part is that they are backed by currency, they are literally currency as '1 Mark' is '0.001 Bitmark'.

The more the marking system is used the higher the value of each single mark.

This adds a layer of competition and incentivization for users, they will compete for marks and watch the value rise. Natural milestones exist, to get 1000 Marks, and later 100, adoption milestones where a mark is worth a cent, then ten.

Eventually marking something could be synonymous with paying for something. Marks are to be earned, each mark earned by an individual adds value to all.

Consider marks to be spendable karma, an amusing post on a social network could pay for your coffee, marking a video of the crisis in syria could pay for aid on the ground, marking an article about a mistreated animal could pay for it's shelter, and marking this idea could pay for it's creation.

GetMarked also acts as a faucet. 1,000,000 Marks will be distributed by it to each new user.

Additional marks to send can be acquired by people depositing them from the block chain.

Each users reputation is the sum of all Marks they have been sent.

Their available balance to give as marks to others, to withdraw, or to spend is the balance of inputs they have been given minus any marks they have sent.

The GetMarked system is to be royalty free and open source. It also provides everything needed for services to integrate with GetMarked or Bitmark.

In this manner we can both rapidly grow adoption, stabilize our libraries for services to adopt, and begin the thought process of users considering marks as something to be earned, something with value.

For the most recent incarnation of the specification see Get Marked on the github wiki

TheAmbassador

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:42:51 PM

6 BTC would cover all of my time for a full month, allow for budget of resources, and allow to tip the people who help.

In some places in the world 6 BTC in a month is a very good salary. Is this going to be setting a precedent? Will another 6 BTC be required for development next month etc etc.

I am not saying that you (the developer) are not doing great work with Bitmark, but I do think this is potentially a dangerous path. Should the reward not be in the projects success?
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:54:22 PM

As fast as i can (couple of days)

Another thing:
Just read this:

"snapshot support. Devices will never need more than 1 GB of storage or RAM to run full client"

Possibility for Bitmark?
Or how big is Bitmark blockchain in 1,2,3 years?

btw:
I everybody Jill and Bob hates the blockchain because:
1) Takes hours/days for updating
2) space (how much gb is btc?)

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:54:59 PM

6 BTC would cover all of my time for a full month, allow for budget of resources, and allow to tip the people who help.

In some places in the world 6 BTC in a month is a very good salary. Is this going to be setting a precedent? Will another 6 BTC be required for development next month etc etc.

I am not saying that you (the developer) are not doing great work with Bitmark, but I do think this is potentially a dangerous path. Should the reward not be in the projects success?

Ideally we would all have the resources to be able to focus all of our attention singularly on Bitmark but in reality with living expenses it's generally not going to be possible with out some method of sustaining oneself.

Coinsolidation/Mark has been working like crazy since this idea was born and I don't think he's had much time for much else. Since there is no IPO or no premine that can be sold off the alternative is development funded by donation, or in this case crowdfunded projects that are separate from Bitmark but still add significant value to the project.

This is an issue we've been debating for a long time now, how to ensure sustainable development and proper incentive. Projects like this should pay for themselves many times over, but it's an investment in both Bitmark and an what is basically an open source startup. People will also be able the take to project and expand its scope as an internet value transfer system outside(but still connected to) Bitmark. But that comes after.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:04:49 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 02:16:39 PM by coinsolidation

The rewards will be in the projects success, this has been my own approach to the project since inception, and why I was so firmly against IPO/premine etcetera.

Bitmark and it's projects are only possible if my personal balance at home is correct. I find myself in a position where to keep up with Bitmark's momentum and demand at this crucial time means sacrificing the balance, which is not physically possible.

I see this as a one off, because a community is forming who will help maintain balance as the project matures, allowing me to step back a little and restore the balance of Bitmark / Work / Life.

Think of it as a 'kick start' to the project, after one month of showing the potential and lots of hard work. We are not in a speculative IPO position, we have a solid project with lots of valuable interest. I am prepared to put everything I have in to this permanently, earn it's value, but for now, for a short period of time, I need some financial help to solidify what we are doing here.

The proposal came about after I raised the subject with the community, I always promised I would be transparent if there were ever any issues with Bitmark which affected me personally. Here I am doing that, after consulting with the community as to what was the most reasonable risk limiting approach.

"snapshot support. Devices will never need more than 1 GB of storage or RAM to run full client"

Did you read the post about 500 thin clients rather than one bulky full client? Smiley

Ideally we would all have the resources to be able to focus all of our attention singularly on Bitmark but in reality with living expenses it's generally not going to be possible with out some method of sustaining oneself.

Coinsolidation/Mark has been working like crazy since this idea was born and I don't think he's had much time for much else. Since there is no IPO or no premine that can be sold off the alternative is development funded by donation, or in this case crowdfunded projects that are separate from Bitmark but still add significant value to the project.

This is an issue we've been debating for a long time now, how to ensure sustainable development and proper incentive. Projects like this should pay for themselves many times over, but it's an investment in both Bitmark and an what is basically an open source startup. People will also be able the take to project and expand its scope as an internet value transfer system outside(but still connected to) Bitmark. But that comes after.

Exactly, we have solved 99% of the problem, the only thing that was never addressed was a fair way to support the developer in the first year at times when a concerted effort is needed.

What is being discussed is the proposal to do that. I live in Europe and have a family, I wish the economic costs of supporting them were lower, but they are not. The amount being discussed subsidises what I would otherwise be making by working for a few weeks, I cannot do both, I have been trying that for weeks.

As an added incentive and show of good will, I would be prepared to send all of the Bitmarks I own 421.67310715 BTM to the first reasonable investor, to be sent back after GetMarked is launched. That way I am putting my full stake in Bitmark on the line, and can only earn it back.

Simply, I am just trying to do some hard work on a project people want to see happen.

Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:15:55 PM

I am looking at any possible way I can help but it will only be a contribution...

Meeting living costs and striking a balance does not = reward, it = survival, whilst hopefully building a 'reward' for all. Without meeting  fundamental needs, working toward the 'reward' is virtually impossible...

Reward = 2 weeks in Barbados 3 times a year, a new car, long term security and stability for one's family etc. etc. These all come later.

I for one could not give up my 'day-job' to pursue my speculation [full-time] for reward, as much as I would like to!

Failure is success waiting to happen...
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:22:13 PM

Meeting living costs and striking a balance does not = reward, it = survival, whilst hopefully building a 'reward' for all. Without meeting  fundamental needs, working toward the 'reward' is virtually impossible..

Yes, making ends meet is definitely not the reward but it's required in order to seek the eventual reward. That was a very good way to put it.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:26:51 PM

Meeting living costs and striking a balance does not = reward, it = survival

I for one could not give up my 'day-job' to pursue my speculation for reward, as much as I would like to!

I feel the same but our notion of reward differs. The reward for me is to create a day job for myself and others doing something with merit.

The plan was to balance time to enable this, the project demands more than I can give for a short time.

Which do I let slip? my family, my paid work (also my family), or bitmark?
Without a little bit of help here it will have to be bitmark, as much as I love everything we do here, I have asked my family to make enough concessions, I cannot ask them not to eat.

Let us not forget that the rewards for anybody who helps, and who is involved and acquiring bitmarks, are potentially far greater.

Androidicus

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:30:57 PM

Meeting living costs and striking a balance does not = reward, it = survival

I for one could not give up my 'day-job' to pursue my speculation for reward, as much as I would like to!

I feel the same but our notion of reward differs. The reward for me is to create a day job for myself and others doing something with merit.

The plan was to balance time to enable this, the project demands more than I can give for a short time.

Which do I let slip? my family, my paid work (also my family), or bitmark?
Without a little bit of help here it will have to be bitmark, as much as I love everything we do here, I have asked my family to make enough concessions, I cannot ask them not to eat.

Let us not forget that the rewards for anybody who helps, and who is involved and acquiring bitmarks, are potentially far greater.

Absolutely - our kids are grown, we have grand-children! Our notion of rewards differ, but only because of the passage of time...

Just sent 0.2 BTC - It's all I can do as I have next to nothing that I can play with but have a firm belief in this project. I do NOT want any BTM in return. I want the Foundation to succeed and its goals to be reached.

Smiley

cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:39:57 PM

Quote from: coinsolidation
Keep the main channel of bitmark development and support under the model of unpaid work which earns value over time, things like Bitmark, Pfennig, IPM Pool, electrum client, block chain explorers and so on.
Crowd fund side projects such as 'GetMarked' which focus on adoption.

This allows me to work on bitmark full time over the first year, covers resource requirements, and caters for anybody else who wants to join the specific side project.
The crowd funding allows us to gauge whether a side project is worth doing.
Achieving the budget allows us to put full effort in to the rapid development of the specific side project.
A portion of the budget (20%) would be used to mine bitmarks and distribute them to the funders.
The side project itself would increase adoption, earn value for bitmark, and remunerate those funding by the BTM they hold.

Mark is still committed to Bitmark as a coin. But, the various side projects do take time. This is all open source and community-driven, so I'm sure if someone wanted to step up and take control of the GetMarked project, Mark would gladly let them and focus on the coin's core.

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:45:31 PM

Absolutely - our kids are grown, we have grand-children! Our notion of rewards differ, but only because of the passage of time...

Just sent 0.2 BTC - It's all I can do as I have next to nothing that I can play with but have a firm belief in this project. I do NOT want any BTM in return. I want the Foundation to succeed and its goals to be reached.

Smiley

Thank you for your show of support in all ways, you have just kick started Get Marked, I hope it matches or exceeds your expectation over the coming weeks and far beyond.

There are many good people in this growing community. I will do all I can to ensure your efforts pay dividends, and that we have some fun and interest in the process Smiley

Mark is still committed to Bitmark as a coin. But, the various side projects do take time. This is all open source and community-driven, so I'm sure if someone wanted to step up and take control of the GetMarked project, Mark would gladly let them and focus on the coin's core.

Help is always valued. For this first side project I feel it is important to set the bar high, I hope this does not sound big-headed. For that reason I want to start it myself with as much engagement from you all as possible, as time progresses hand it over and watch it grow in all of your hands.

This is to be as inclusive as possible to everyone in the process, everything public, it will ensure it's success. Once people see that process working well, they will join and do it too. Anything to encourage adoption on all fronts.

Future adoption based side projects can be launched by anybody, and I will gladly commit as much time as I can to each and every one of them. I only see myself as having an example role whilst we grow, it will reduce over time, becoming more varied.

Get Marked Funding Goal: 0.2/8 BTC

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

We should not be donating in BTC, but rather, in BTM! This is a much better way to fuel innovation and create incentive for further development!

I could not agree more. The Bitmark Foundation needs BTM to ensure Bitmarks future.

I personally just need some help for a very short term in the form of BTC for the project(s) to really reach critical mass. I did everything I could to avoid this, hence no IPO, exchange, premine or anything unfair.

Juston Point

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:59:19 PM

I would love to donate however my whole portfolio in total is less than a  .3 of btc. Which I got from mininig that cost me about $ 3,500 in loans against my knees for gear. I started contracts because it was $ in the bank to get more gear..

Im going to try and point a couple megahash permanently so I can acquire some coins of my own... only thing stopping me from doin that. Im not sure where to point it  solo one of the pools or is it possible to point it at the foundation's pool
Androidicus

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:00:13 PM

We should not be donating in BTC, but rather, in BTM! This is a much better way to fuel innovation and create incentive for further development!

I could not agree more. The Bitmark Foundation needs BTM to ensure Bitmarks future.

I personally just need some help for a very short term in the form of BTC for the project(s) to really reach critical mass. I did everything I could to avoid this, hence no IPO, exchange, premine or anything unfair.

I agree also however, right now, BTM does not pay bills, mortgage/rent, or put food on the table... These are the 'needs' that must be met to ensure the continued 'family support' - without that, you have nothing.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

I'm thinking about starting a website that will use getmarked. Mainly a platform to publish articles that can be marked and also a forum that can implement getmarked as a karma system at some point.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what framework would be good for something like that?
Androidicus

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:57:17 PM

I'm thinking about starting a website that will use getmarked. Mainly a platform to publish articles that can be marked and also a forum that can implement getmarked as a karma system at some point.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what framework would be good for something like that?

This forum is open-source (www.simplemachines.org) and sure that one could plug-in the GetMarked system?

There are a lot of CMS/Blog platforms - Wordpress, Joomla etc most have many free and paid modules / plugins for forums etc. but I find them all a bit bloated really and some have security issues?

There you go - GetMarked Wordpress Plugin...

Straight HTML / PHP is lighter in weight but obviously requires much more input...

Apologies if rather basic advice!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: